2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same here.

Gonna call them this weekend and just ask them to send me my missing game from my BF and for them to address this. If it doens't get fixed, just gonna file some complaints with BBB (I know, does nothing) and look into some other simple things I can do that might get something done, might not but it's worth trying. I remember when I filed a complaint with the FCC due to Comcast issues and Comcast actually called me to address my issue.
BBB is a waste of time. File an FTC complaint.

I disagree. The BBB has successfully resolved 3 separate issues out of 3 for me in the last 6 years or so. One was an issue with a dentist's office that resulted in me being refunded over 1000 dollars after being told by everyone in the office that "nothing could be done unfortunately". The other 2 were both video game related, one was EA, and the other was Activision.

Long story short, it's worth the 15 minutes it takes to file a dispute with the BBB...

I disagree. The BBB has successfully resolved 3 separate issues out of 3 for me in the last 6 years or so. One was an issue with a dentist's office that resulted in me being refunded over 1000 dollars after being told by everyone in the office that "nothing could be done unfortunately". The other 2 were both video game related, one was EA, and the other was Activision.

Long story short, it's worth the 15 minutes it takes to file a dispute with the BBB...
I can attest to this as my previous role in the company I work for I had to deal with BBB complaints and we certainly tried to resolve as many of them as we could. The times you hear about people not having success with the BBB is when they are filing an absurd complaint because the company they are complaining about isn't bending over backwards for them.

For anyone that passed the 7 day return period. I spoke to CS and they authorized a full refund if I ship my games back. Context : I place two exact orders except for 1 game in hopes for a better chance of having the original cases. One order was DQXI, DQ Builders 2, Ys VIII, Dark Souls Trilogy. The other was The same but Outer Worlds instead of DST. Decided to return The DS order since I figured they would individually be cheaper by the time I get around to them lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven’t kept up with the last couple pages, but I just received a notification that another package is arriving tomorrow. I have already received all my games. Weird

For anyone that passed the 7 day return period. I spoke to CS and they authorized a full refund if I ship my games back. Context : I place two exact orders except for 1 game in hopes for a better chance of having the original cases. One order was DQXI, DQ Builders 2, Ys VIII, Dark Souls Trilogy. The other was The same but Outer Worlds instead of DST. Decided to return The DS order since I figured they would individually be cheaper by the time I get around to them lol
For online orders, the return period is 30 days unless I'm mistaken

In-store full refund is 7 days from order date and I received my packages on the 7th day. Spoke to a few people and I was told sendigg them in would be the only way to authorize a full refund to my card

In-store full refund is 7 days from order date and I received my packages on the 7th day. Spoke to a few people and I was told sendigg them in would be the only way to authorize a full refund to my card

This is why I don't normally deal with gamestop, i had conflicting information from 3 CS reps and a store manager. One even told me they will process my return in 3 days and when it cleared I could just take it to a store.

That would be wrong.
Also doesn't hurt to try, either way; this is returns season, they're expecting it, I wouldn't even mention the order date unless they call you on it. No issues on my end getting a return on something ~9 days after order in-store, for what it's worth.

Also doesn't hurt to try, either way; this is returns season, they're expecting it, I wouldn't even mention the order date unless they call you on it. No issues on my end getting a return on something ~9 days after order in-store, for what it's worth.
Did you simply use the order number to complete the return?

Did you simply use the order number to complete the return?
You just walk in and give them the packing slip that came in/on package; they manually key in price, ask for account, ask for method of payment, done. Order number et. all's on the slip for them; it's all they need.

This was a thing ordered on the 25th, returned on the 3rd; haven't ever had issues in the past either, for whatever testimonials are good for. YMMV, but way I see it it's way less of a headache to bang your head against a few of your local stores than it is to do the same with their support team, even if your local staff does happen to play a harder ballgame than my own.

I've returned some items after 7th day by just saying that I received it on X date and I thought I have 7 days from then. I show them the tracking number on the order and the delivery date of the tracking if they ask questions. Alternatively, just say it doesn't work.

I basically ended up with a buy 3 get 3 with my 2 cancelled games...also just got a blank shipping email from GameStop so that’s kinda strange....

The only issue I've had was with a store pickup, at the time they had three of the games and wrong inventory for the fourth. Unfortunately despite all being the same price the out of stock one was considered one of the freebies. Of course within a few days it was back in stock at the store and I asked to pick it up. Employee tried to charge me full price, claiming "you weren't charged" for that original order. I wasn't supposed to be charged but furthermore he denies the entire transaction happened that funds were only on hold not completed. Well my PayPal says otherwise. And the GS website showing the order as picked up and pending. Even now it still lists that fourth game as pending stock. I should've picked a different store this one used to be my go to last year when it was friendly teens diverse and male female even, now it's two junior detective middle aged white guys that you know look like the dude from that infamous GTAV "come back with your ID" video

Just received an official cancellation on my two remaining "awaiting for availability" paid switch games but I don't really care. I got two high price free switch games for $4.86 (taxes).

IMG-3527.png
IMG-3526.png
IMG-3525.png
You got some quality games there. By the time I jumped in, expensive titles were gone.

Just got the blank email. It was a free game that was cancelled. I still have the $1.69 left on my old gift card for the shipping fee, so I have no idea how much I'm getting back.

Make sure you actually get your refund(s) before you count the Deal eggs! I went thru phone and email paths and both said it would take a few business days to process so nothing yet. One said they would send a new digital gc, the other would refund the trade credit to the used card. I have no clue what will happen or nothing at all. Was worth a shot in anycase!

So either I paid ~$80 or ~$2 for two switch games :)

I've struck out twice with Mario Maker 2 at GS (once during BF, then during the XMas sale)... and I've seen many people say that was the game they missed out on. Wonder what's the deal with that being so hard to get.
I ended with 3 MM2 from this sale, with 2 being from online purchase. Now NSMBD been canceled on me 2-3 times, idk why. It's the worse main mario game IMO. I just want it to complete my switch collection.

I ended with 3 MM2 from this sale, with 2 being from online purchase. Now NSMBD been canceled on me 2-3 times, idk why. It's the worse main mario game IMO. I just want it to complete my switch collection.
I thought I had asked you before if NSMBD is worth getting if I already have Mario Maker 2, and you said that it was. Maybe I'm confusing you with someone else. But are you saying that NSMBD is not worth getting if you have MM2, or just that it's the worst Mario game?

I thought I had asked you before if NSMBD is worth getting if I already have Mario Maker 2, and you said that it was. Maybe I'm confusing you with someone else. But are you saying that NSMBD is not worth getting if you have MM2, or just that it's the worst Mario game?
Not the worst, the worse. As in, one > the other.

Either way I enjoyed it on the U; it's the most solid of the "new" entries if that counts for anything. Can totally see OD'ing on 2d if doing them back-to-back, though - and maker provides near infinite content even beyond the built-in stuff, soooo

Boxmountain guy posted opened pic on r/gamecollecting, not gonna repost other dude's content but shit if the man didn't make out like a bandit. at least by gamestop warehouse standards.

MULTIPLE boxed copies of raidou, Drakengard 2, Growlanser, Suikoden, Silent hill, all on PS2 which I'd given up for a lost cause, without even getting into the rest of it. I don't even care about manuals once I'm getting 50% off ebay prices and this shit woulda gone to like 70%+ all said and done. Seems like you had around ~1/2 of ps2/gamecube/switch games come with cases, accounting for the 80some cases I'm seeing there + all the carts.

What the actual fuck my guy, I'm angry and now I'm cursed to give it another go next time around and have to return a mountain of my own on inevitable disappointment. Did Gamestop actually get better at stocking cases for retro or what???

Boxmountain guy posted opened pic on r/gamecollecting, not gonna repost other dude's content but shit if the man didn't make out like a bandit. at least by gamestop warehouse standards.

MULTIPLE boxed copies of raidou, Drakengard 2, Growlanser, Suikoden, Silent hill, all on PS2 which I'd given up for a lost cause, without even getting into the rest of it. I don't even care about manuals once I'm getting 50% off ebay prices and this shit woulda gone to like 70%+ all said and done. Seems like you had around ~1/2 of ps2/gamecube/switch games come with cases, all said and done.

What the actual fuck my guy, I'm angry and now I'm cursed to give it another go next time around and have to return a mountain of my own on inevitable disappointment. Did Gamestop actually get better at stocking cases for retro or what???
Oh... you mean this?

giia2pepsg941.jpg

I think my favorite part of it is that people over there think I'm an idiot and are saying I should return all the disc only games and get "cheaper / better condition copies elsewhere". Heh. I think they missed the whole B2G2 thing.

MULTIPLE boxed copies of raidou, Drakengard 2, Growlanser, Suikoden, Silent hill, all on PS2 which I'd given up for a lost cause, without even getting into the rest of it. I don't even care about manuals once I'm getting 50% off ebay prices and this shit woulda gone to like 70%+ all said and done. Seems like you had around ~1/2 of ps2/gamecube/switch games come with cases, all said and done.

All those games you mentioned except raidou were still available on the last day of the sale when I browsed and purchased. I ordered 28 ps2 games. 20 came with cases and cover art. Half were authentic ps2 cases, the other half generic cases. I didn't give close look to disc condition.

For the price, it was certainly worth it.

For the price, it was certainly worth it.
So long as the case is there, they all look the same on the shelf - and there they shall stay forevermore, at least until the next electrical fire with your name on it.

It's all arbitrary anyway; always another step on the rung. Not like any of us are ever going to be upgrading to 100%, NIB sealed VGA 90+ collections anytime soon. Sweet hauls either way; praise be to the whims of GS fulfillment, all in for another shitshow next year, please and thanks, etc.

Are you allowed to have more than 1 pro membership (same name/address, different phone/email)?   Not for trading, just wanted to get an extra $5 monthly cert.

During my travels during B2G2, I saw countless instances of customers trying to buy games that were still being displayed for sale (stickered cases on the shelf), to be told that the games weren't available. Surprisingly, none of the dismayed customers escalated beyond frustration, even those who were refused multiple times.

What bothered me was the employees who relayed this information to the customers in matter-of-fact or even mildly condescending manners.

I completely understand that stores were brimming with customers and most were woefully understaffed, but why keep putting the cases back out on the shelf? You don't have the games; don't advertise them for sale. I feel for the parents who had to keep telling their expectant five year olds that yet another game they tried to buy wasn't ACTUALLY for sale. And I do not envy their attempts to explain WHY to their children.
If it was new games, those promo cases are paid advertising by the game publishers/console owners so they’re required to be there even if the store physically doesn’t have them & the associate is supposed to offer an online order or advise the closest physical location with it in stock.

If it was used games then ya that store is understaffed, etc.

32r6VVR.jpg

Finalized haul. Got super lucky, but not as lucky as it looks there - Etrian IV, SMTIV:A, Gravity Rush, and Gamecube titles (!!!) all came with cases, and Star Fox + Animal Crossing came with Nintendo Selects cases, too - but all other cases represented there were ones I'd picked up before or immediately after receipt. And, as usual: no manuals for gamecube. Not too shook about it, though; 's something like my third goaround trying for those specific cases from them :D

Not without its headaches - dudes sent me two copies of PSMD, instead of one + one of the DS entries I ordered - but the finalized price is wellll under three digits after getting in ground floor on CAG16 and a handful of returns (that second PSMD, some nasty ps2+3 discs).

Can't beat dat. Plastic addiction fed for another year.
You might want to check Persona Q1 as soon as possible. One of the more recent 3DS updates made physical copies no longer work & crash the system at the game’s title screen. Only fix is to play the downloadable version for $20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back