2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if the birthday 20% off preowned coupon is :

transferable - I have a few and will most likely just give out the extras to people on here
stackable with the base 10% off?

Does anyone know if the birthday 20% off preowned coupon is :

transferable - I have a few and will most likely just give out the extras to people on here
stackable with the base 10% off?
Not sure if they are transferable or not, hope so. They do stack but not to make it 30% off. It'll take the 20% off of the reduced price. If you feel like distributing them I could use one. I was on the phone with support for my missing coupon and they told me there was no way they could issue one and I should wait to see if I get one :(

Not sure if they are transferable or not, hope so. They do stack but not to make it 30% off. It'll take the 20% off of the reduced price. If you feel like distributing them I could use one. I was on the phone with support for my missing coupon and they told me there was no way they could issue one and I should wait to see if I get one :(
I had the same problem it never showed up in my active offers. I emailed customer service and they emailed me a code. I’m guessing the employee can just enter the code in. I haven’t used it yet. Does the birthday code work on preowned accessories or just games?

Just a heads up. The ad is released every Sunday. Some few cases where they will have a special promotion on a random wednesday like the b2g2 they did recently
He posted the ad that starts Sunday, the 12th. Just a heads up, it's uploaded days before Sunday. You just need to change the date in the URL.

Though I haven't been affected in this case, this fiasco reminds me of their sell-off of psp games quite a few years ago now. I think they ended up being b2g2. All the ones they oversold on, though, they didn't cancel, they just left hanging for literally years. Eventually, though, they just completely erased the transactions. Got screwed over on a bunch of those orders actually.

Gamestop is really bad at online b2g2's.
didnt think anybody remembered the great psp sell off, got so many games, but also got burnt using trade credit, lost some "money" on those orders that just sat in limbo, unfulfilled, with zero intelligent or articulate responses from cs after numerous emails, learned the lesson of never using tc online again.

I was charged $1.82 for Link's Awakening, which was one of my free games. Originally I was suppose to be charged $80 including tax for the B2G2 sale but they charged me $76.36 for 2 games. Like everyone else mentioned, it turned into a B2G1 sale instead (yes, I used CAG16).

Man, they really seem to not care about their customers at all. I like the place, but it is getting hard to justify shopping there. Bad experiences are the norm and almost expected when dealing with them
Bad to terrible experiences for online purchases are hardly new. If you were to go back through GS boards on here, you'd find this was the norm well before any of Gamestop's financial troubles began.

I’m sad this b2g2 is probably the last good thing to ever come out of Gamestop. Once these pro discounts leave, there’s absolutely no reason to shop with them anymore. I’m just hoping their numbers hurt so badly once the PUR system changes and they realize no one signs up for their memberships anymore and they bring it back. Once 10/20% leaves I leave.

I’m sad this b2g2 is probably the last good thing to ever come out of Gamestop. Once these pro discounts leave, there’s absolutely no reason to shop with them anymore. I’m just hoping their numbers hurt so badly once the PUR system changes and they realize no one signs up for their memberships anymore and they bring it back. Once 10/20% leaves I leave.
Right now I'm not signing up again for two reasons: terrible treatment of employees, and the loss of 10% off used merch. Sure there are times when my transactions might be low enough to where I'd only be saving $5 that month, but there are plenty where I might buy a couple hundred dollars worth of stuff or more and that $5 off versus $20+ just doesn't cut it.

Just got my Luigi's mansion 3 from the b2g2 promo. Looks like it made a cross country trip from Texas to California back to Texas. It was like 30m away from my house before it was just sent to Cali and back lol

Can a local GameStop store locate an item from another store anywhere in the US and have it shipped to your local store? 

All these horror stories swayed me to just sell my games on OfferUp instead of returning. Made a few dollars profit, nothing too crazy just wanted to unload them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for my ignorance, but if you cancel a Pre-order that you have gotten bonus trade credit, do you lose that bonus or are you able to move it elsewhere? Thanks y'all
You're free to cancel a preorder without issue. I just personally don't like to do it because IIRC it hurts their numbers and my store is really nice.

Hey, all. I can't seem to locate the trade in value on the site for an Xbox Elite Series 1 controller; is GS still taking them? If so, does anyone have an idea of the value? Thanks!

Hey, all. I can't seem to locate the trade in value on the site for an Xbox Elite Series 1 controller; is GS still taking them? If so, does anyone have an idea of the value? Thanks!
i got $50 when i traded mine in about 3 weeks ago.

didnt think anybody remembered the great psp sell off, got so many games, but also got burnt using trade credit, lost some "money" on those orders that just sat in limbo, unfulfilled, with zero intelligent or articulate responses from cs after numerous emails, learned the lesson of never using tc online again.
Oh, Pepperidge Farm remembers. And I remember back further, the B1G2 when they were clearancing Xbox (1st gen) games online. That... that was an amazing time.

So my 2 free games from the B2G2 were cancelled, yet I was charged full price for the 2 games I did receive, negating the entire sale and promotion.  How much of a hassle is this going to be to do a return and get my money back?  It shouldn't be, and with any other retailer it wouldn't be, but with Gamestop, who knows.  Trying to get an idea what to expect.

So my 2 free games from the B2G2 were cancelled, yet I was charged full price for the 2 games I did receive, negating the entire sale and promotion. How much of a hassle is this going to be to do a return and get my money back? It shouldn't be, and with any other retailer it wouldn't be, but with Gamestop, who knows. Trying to get an idea what to expect.
Considering your packing slips will list prices with the 2 games you got, you won’t have any issues (outside an employee who is just a dumbass).

I don't know if we got an official SB or not.  Some values are higher and some are lower than they were a week ago.  Makes me wonder if we will get the "uniform" SB still next weekend...

So my 2 free games from the B2G2 were cancelled, yet I was charged full price for the 2 games I did receive, negating the entire sale and promotion. How much of a hassle is this going to be to do a return and get my money back? It shouldn't be, and with any other retailer it wouldn't be, but with Gamestop, who knows. Trying to get an idea what to expect.
Also expect cash back...

Good news/bad news (for me at least)

Bad news, the transaction declined for online orders BS is back for me.  So I gotta waste a bunch of time with GS cust service to try getting it fixed again...

Good news, the digital games I wanted (Sword of Ditto and Streets of Rogue) were the same price in store AND I was able to use my $5 cert from the new PUR Pro program on them.

There was a bump last weekend, 1/3 to 1/6.
some stuff got bumped today, slightly. Kingdom Hearts 3 ps4 is up to $10, Lego City Undercover Switch is $10, Lego Movie 2 Switch is also $10. those are higher than they have been. not saying its a stealth bump, but at least maybe some values recovering from holiday sale prices.

Just received my Link's Awakening. It came with the original case and the packing slip said I was charged $0.00. Now to trade it in for $30 cash (Elite expired). I'm glad I got my free game but disappointed that it turned into a B2G1 sale instead, because my Mario Maker was cancelled.

Anyone try renewing their Elite membership online this year? I know the glitch worked last year but no one has mentioned it this year. I would try it but I don't want to waste $15 credit and then they switch everyone to "New Pro" on the 16th.

All these horror stories swayed me to just sell my games on OfferUp instead of returning. Made a few dollars profit, nothing too crazy just wanted to unload them
Way to go! I considered taking this route with my stack of games instead of trading the games in for cash, but OfferUp is absolutely terrible for me. I was asking just $40 for NSMBUD, everyone tries lowballing me to $20-$25, and still expect me to ship and lose out on the 9% fee. I told one guy I could get $35 cash at GameStop, and he went off on me.

Way to go! I considered taking this route with my stack of games instead of trading the games in for cash, but OfferUp is absolutely terrible for me. I was asking just $40 for NSMBUD, everyone tries lowballing me to $20-$25, and still expect me to ship and lose out on the 9% fee. I told one guy I could get $35 cash at GameStop, and he went off on me.
Yeah it’s always hit or miss for me. Sold DQXI for $40 and traded my other two games with generic cases back to them for cash . All in all, for $94 I picked up DQXI, builders 2, Ys VIII , and Dark Souls Trilogy so I’m happy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huh, really? Spent the last bit searching for info and came up with squat, even when specifying timeframes or discussion on specific site boards. Either way, ran/is running without issue on ""updated"" N3DSXL, at least through intro - though it's CFW'd to hell and back so that's not really a good use case.

If you've got a news article or somethin I wouldn't mind reading about it, so thanks for the tip - but I doubt I'll be getting to the thing anytime in the next decade either way. Gonna finally be finishing NG+ run of strange journey redux for an Alex ending literally in the next few hours, I have copies of nocturne and DDS burning holes in my collection since I bought them last april, I have DeSu2, P4G and now SMTIV apocalypse on queue...got on a bit of a kick for the series after giving DeSu1 a run and finding myself suprisingly enamored. Only touched P3FES before this, but since Q1 demands P3+P4 and apparently isn't all that good...

https://amp.reddit.com/r/3DS/comments/3u93ou/persona_q_shadow_of_the_labyrinth_keeps_crashing/

http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/3ds/crashing_game_persona_q_and_other_sd_card_problems

https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/issues/786

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/739685-persona-q-shadow-of-the-labyrinth/70943543

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/739685-persona-q-shadow-of-the-labyrinth/72525643

I ended up buying the digital copy & tried to sell my physical copy & it crashed for them also. The cart was in flawless condition. I ended up trading it into GS.

PQ1 is fine, but the 2nd one is better. In PQ2 you auto heal when you leave the dungeons but in PQ1 you have to pay & it goes up 100 currency each time.

I have the same issue with offer up. I used to buy and sell stuff there all the time but now I get nothing but really low offers and then people wanting delivery on top of that. I usually just end up keeping whatever I was selling or trading it in to Gamestop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back