2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a sale on the gamestop closing for games 19.99 or less going for 5 for 5$
A guy entered and took around 450 games that were in stock :( didnt get a chance to grab any

This was at the terranova gamestop in chula vista
Is the store in Leawood still open? It had just begun the store closing sale the weekend before Christmas when I was out shopping.

I've gotten birthday coupon every year. This year I didnt get one and it's a week past. Guess I'm not getting one.

GAMESTOP Store closing with 70% off for 19.99 and up games.

20 switch games for $185[emoji851]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Got this back from customer service re: not being able to check out with trade credit online.

"Thank you for contacting us. Any digital items cannot be purchased with a GameStop Gift Card at this time. Oorders that contain digital items, even if they are paired with physical items, will not be able to be completed with a gift card payment currently. We apologize for any inconvenience."
That sounds...ominous.

“Total global sales from continuing operations for the holiday period were $1.83 billion, a 27.5% decrease compared to the 2018 nine-week holiday period ended January 5, 2019. Total comparable store sales for the nine-week period decreased 24.7%, following a 1.5% increase in comparable store sales for the similar period in fiscal 2018.”

End is nigh!

“Total global sales from continuing operations for the holiday period were $1.83 billion, a 27.5% decrease compared to the 2018 nine-week holiday period ended January 5, 2019. Total comparable store sales for the nine-week period decreased 24.7%, following a 1.5% increase in comparable store sales for the similar period in fiscal 2018.”

End is nigh!
Nah more store closings but far from done.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

So I just looked at my Active Offers and saw that I got 4 birthday coupons. I take it that it’s a glitch?
I did too, lol. Didn't notice until you mentioned it. I used one with a $5 cert yesterday to pick up :ps4: My Time At Portia for $9.40 (one of my free B2G2 games GS had cancelled).
Birthday coupons work online ?
Mine don't seem to work online. Had no problem using one in store though.
when do you receive the coupon? My birthday is tomorrow and I haven't gotten an email about this
Got mine at the beginning of my birthday month (issued Dec 1, coupon valid until Jan 15).

Their billing process is horrid. Considering all the games and controllers they gave out free this holiday season, I wont be surprised if they go bankrupt.

Been trying to check the balance on my trade card but I keep getting errors. Tried the balance inquiry, tried checking it through placing an order, tried the phone number... All errors. Anyone else?

I have been trying to place an order on the website for 5 days. I have tried multiple credit cards & browsers but when i get to the end the payment fails all methods and I know my cards are good any ideas or others having troubles?

I have been trying to place an order on the website for 5 days. I have tried multiple credit cards & browsers but when i get to the end the payment fails all methods and I know my cards are good any ideas or others having troubles?
It's hit and miss. Sometimes it works early in the morning, if and whenever they do their server maintenance reset (?) ...

For my last order,I gave up trying to get through. I went over to a B&M GS with my list of games and had them place the order for me. Pretty cheesy, but their in-store inventory isn't very good on certain stuff (not just retro, but even older current gen games). So on-line is the only way to buy certain items.

Maybe one of their closing stores will sell me their computers, since my PC doesn't like placing orders.

..I just love it when they go the extra step and empty my basket for me! They thought of everything..

It seems as though gamestop is not restocking. Anyone have insight as to why this is so?

Seems like a complete reconstruction
The GameStop I shop at is better stocked than the Walmart near me on systems although neither one is very well stocked. The Target near the gamestop I shop at though is fully restocked.

Got mine at the beginning of my birthday month (issued Dec 1, coupon valid until Jan 15).
this is utter bs im calling or emailing their support. When i signed up a few months ago for Pro they "accidentally" sent me an email for buying 2 used games get 1 free or something which they denied because of the change and now this? Not to mention i sure as hell didnt get the $5 welcome coupon -____-

anyway stopped by one of the closing stores in NYC and new switch games were 50% off while used ones were 60% but unfortunately besides Overwatch there was nothing worth my money. Besides some figures, Xbox1 games, Destiny 2, and other garbage the store was practically wiped clean of games.

TBH im happy enough having taken advantage of B2G2 deal and the odds I would have been in the store the minute the sale started and scored hot ticket items like Smash in a city like this would have 1 in a million.

Been trying to check the balance on my trade card but I keep getting errors. Tried the balance inquiry, tried checking it through placing an order, tried the phone number... All errors. Anyone else?
Haven't tried, but you can add a gift card thru Samsung Pay and it checks the balances perfectly.

GameStop employee mentioned that after the Pro change, pre-owned prices under the old Pro program will basically be the price for everyone.

I can't imagine how empty stores would be if it weren't for the Switch. Management keeps saying just wait for next holidays, but I don't think it will be all they say. Streaming services (ala Game Pass), continued support for last gen, and steep hardware prices will limit the mainstream appeal GS needs.

Are there ever trade promos aside from the ones listed below the trade search on the website? I have a metric ton of games I want to trade in, but 20% percent extra seems low. My closest GameStop closed, so it’s a 20 min drive instead of a 2 min drive. Sorry, been out of the loop lately.

Are there ever trade promos aside from the ones listed below the trade search on the website? I have a metric ton of games I want to trade in, but 20% percent extra seems low. My closest GameStop closed, so it’s a 20 min drive instead of a 2 min drive. Sorry, been out of the loop lately.
It’s only going to get lower from here on out...

Bought 70 games at a store that was closing. All for $1 each and paid in trade credit. surprisingly got 2 switch games. good times.

What kinda games we talking Moja or just good flippers? Pm me a list=) I have a store closing 2 hrs away and im close to making the drive tomorrow I got 400 or so credit to burn

GameStop employee mentioned that after the Pro change, pre-owned prices under the old Pro program will basically be the price for everyone.

I can't imagine how empty stores would be if it weren't for the Switch. Management keeps saying just wait for next holidays, but I don't think it will be all they say. Streaming services (ala Game Pass), continued support for last gen, and steep hardware prices will limit the mainstream appeal GS needs.
It seems very unlikely that they will drop the price of every used item by approximately 10%.

It is much more likely that they cap used prices of newly-released used games at $50 and expect everyone to be ok with it, despite their claims. For a lot of us that represents no significant value at all.

Just got on to look at my points and I know I had 16k yesterday. It was ~14k when I opened the app. Checked my history, no redemptions. Then when my balance reloaded it was ~13k. Wtf?
Same thing happened to me yesterday. Dropped like 6,000 points total in small increments so it must be a glitch but I called them and they put the points back on my account.
Same thing just happened to me, but they took 380 points. I notice that the website had my points lower by 380 points but the app had the correct amount. I decided to just redeem a $15 cert before they take all my points slowly.

For those still holding out hope, Elite is officially dead on 1/16. They updated the PUR terms and conditions yesterday:

PowerUp Rewards Elite Pro Membership

As of August 2018, PowerUp Rewards no longer offers the Elite Pro membership tier and as of January 16, 2020 PowerUp Rewards will no longer honor Elite tier status or benefits.

If you previously purchased an Elite Pro membership and your membership has not expired, you have been grandfathered into the NEW Pro membership. If you prefer not to participate in the NEW Pro tier, you may cancel your subscription and request a refund of your Elite Pro Membership by contacting Guest Care.

https://www.gamestop.com/TermsConditions.html

I’ll be stopping at GS after work to stock up on a few games before the 20% discount dies. It was a good run...still holding out hope that we get some ok-ish deals/promos this year.

Wow, grandfathered in, so that mysterious $10 reward certificate Elite members received a few days ago was just the $10 difference between the Pro and Elite membership. Wham bam thank ya ma'am.

Wow, grandfathered in, so that mysterious $10 reward certificate Elite members received a few days ago was just the $10 difference between the Pro and Elite membership. Wham bam thank ya ma'am.
Yea... I'm going to blow my points and get refunded for the several years I have left on Elite.

Goodbye, GameStop. I look forward to pillaging your future store closings.

Individual stores may be on a slightly different markdown schedule depending on when they started their store closing. The store near me isn't doing the 70% off or 5 for $5 sales yet.

No $10 coupon or email on my end yet, renewed online with the glitch. Gonna miss the benefits, beginning of the end right here. Went out with a bang with the B2G2 though.

"Grandfathered in" would mean those members would keep their perks even after the plan is officially discontinued. Elite members are being converted into the new Pro, literally the opposite of grandfathered. They're doing the thing like when people say "literally", but they don't mean literally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back