2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
This game isnt even that good...
I've seen enough gameplay and nothing about it draws me and not even for $10 bc there are much better games to play.

My game time is limited and deserves the best[emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

No $10 for me, or the $5 coupon. Received no communication of the change at all, only found in it CAG and even then it was confusing because some people got $10 coupon, some got $5, and I got nothing and my 10% discount died. I highly doubt you'll get anything.

I've been swamped with work and need to call them and get like 3 issues address (this, missing game from BF order and cancelled free game from Xmas order).
It's not that confusing. The people who signed up for the new Pro got their $5 coupon without issue. Old Pro members don't get anything until February since the coupons are sent out in the beginning of each month, and old Pro wasn't killed until the 16th. Wait until Feb.

The reason ALL games over $2 are getting the bonus is because it's in the ad this week without any exclusions.

Kingdom Hearts 3 Deluxe on Xbox One got converted to used, I don't know what's going on with Sinking City. I still see stores with new copies in the app, and will be flabbergasted if I paid $1 more for the new version today if I could've got the same thing for $8.99.

Sparklite is on sale for $10 PS4/XB1 and $15 Switch: https://www.gamestop.com/search/?q=sparklite
Thanks for posting this, never heard of the game. Watched a trailer and for $10 why not. Picked up last "new" copy.
Here's a few unadvertised PS4 deals I found browsing a few of the random pages in the deals section:

Planescape Torment/Icewind Dale $20/$18

Evil Within 2: $7
[/b][/color]
picked up EW2 with some other titles for the 4 for $20. Thanks
i see the sinking city is also $10
Never heard of this game either, seen the price and said fuck it. I didnt even bother looking it up. Thanks lol.

Flipped 90% of what I intended to trade in so far in case they enforce the $5 bonus for current gen only. Approaching the 2k limit so I’ll have to sit on the sub $2 games that don’t qualify for a bonus.

Get your flips in and take advantage of this promotion while you can. I sent an e-mail over to Gamestop corporate to let them know that older systems are getting the $5 bonus when they're not supposed to. I also set my alarm clock early tomorrow so I can mail the certified letter that's sitting next to me with some important information from this thread along with the information that old systems are mistakenly getting the $5 bonus. I also told them that people in this thread are taking advantage of the deal by trading in games without intending on actually picking up their preorders, canceling them, returning the games, etc. So have fun while it lasts, because once they read my information (which should be soon because I e-mailed them yesterday and am paying for next day delivery on my certified letter) they'll know everything that the members on here are trying to hide.

For those using the promotion as intended, you have nothing to worry about and can carry on.
might as well tell them about the 4 for $10, and the closing stores. tell them that they should reopen them to get the discount back.

Kinda curious as I noticed no one including GS is listing the original RE3 skins for pre-ordering the RE3 Remake.   Is it something automatically applied when picking it up?   As I'm wanting to pre-order it(and could use this promo to pay for it), but don't want to get screwed out of those skins for it.

Division 2 Gold Editions are now on clearance, $25.97 for the One version. Worth it IMO.
I don’t know about that, only 1 DLC expansion left that you get 1 week early access to. The 8 other short missions included aren’t worth it now either IMO, when the base game has been as low as $12 new & $10 used (and I got the UE at launch.)

Here's a few unadvertised PS4 deals I found browsing a few of the random pages in the deals section:

Planescape Torment/Icewind Dale $20/$18
Mutant Year Zero $10/$9
Ghostbusters $20.$19
Bloodstained $20/$18
Doom S;ayer ollection $20
Evil Within 2: $7
Metro Exodus $20/$19
Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise(!) $20/$18
Just Cause 4 $20/$18
Blazblue Cross tag Battle $20/$18
Kill La Kill If $20/$18

Ya know, it would be really nice if these price drops more easily visible in one place, because there are some nice deals here.
Baldur’s Gate Remastered Collection is also $20/$18 on PS4/XB1 & $30/$28 on Switch.

Also what’s the deal with refurb fees?

On Monday I was charged $5 on a Minecraft ps3 disc with a small scratch....today at the same store I was charged .75 cents for a wario game hella scratched and $2 for new super Mario bros hella scratched. Is there different fees based on title.
Refurb fee is based on the trade value.

Picked up a used copy of Sinking City for $8.99. Noticed that the game was a recent conversion from new to used, so it had all of the included items from the new copy of the game (DLC Codes & Map).

Looked around and noticed a lot of recent conversions from new to used including:

:ps4::switch::xb1: Close to the Sun
:ps4: Death's Gambit
:ps4::switch: Forager
:ps4::xb1: Greedfall
:ps4::switch::xb1: Northgard
:ps4::switch::xb1: Remothered: Tormented Fathers
:ps4::xb1: Roman Rumble in Las Vegum: Asterix & Obelix XXL 2
:ps4: Stranded Sails
:ps4::switch: Wargroove
:ps4::xb1: Warhammer: Vermintide II

Not sure if there are others, but there is a ton of Outer Worlds for PS4 preowned that I noticed at multiple locations as well...
Some of those are GS exclusive for physical; I know Wargroove for PS4 is.

Ah, so that's what I heard the associates talking about at the GS I went to a few days ago. Is it more or less just buying used and basically getting new? Not a price drop or anything?
GameStop converts games from new to used all the time; this time of year it happens almost weekly.

I don't get the point though. Who cares unless they come with price drops as well?
...they do. A new game is usually higher prices than a used game. So a new Call of Duty is $60 but got converted to used so now it's $24.99 but in new condition. Stack that with the previous Pro discount and you could get some great deals on new games.

Still worth it now depending on the game.

no $5 january cert for me yet... but like I mentioned previously, I never get the certs im supposed to on my account. In 5 years got 1 birthday cert and last year I was supposed to get a $50 cert for buying a ps4 pro that never showed. had to call for that one.

I don't get the point though. Who cares unless they come with price drops as well?
It's probably less of a big deal now but in some cases, collectors editions would get converted to pre-owned and this could result in big savings. Lately it seems that GameStop lowers the new price and keeps the preowned price high so the benefit is less than it once was

Im probably late to the party but when it comes to the $5 extra for trade in for preordering specific games, does it stack? For example: if i trade in digimon story cyber slueth i will get $6 and earth defense force for $0.75. Now if i trade toward persona 5 royal will i get $5+$6+$0.75 or $5+$5+$6+$0.75?

Im probably late to the party but when it comes to the $5 extra for trade in for preordering specific games, does it stack? For example: if i trade in digimon story cyber slueth i will get $6 and earth defense force for $0.75. Now if i trade toward persona 5 royal will i get $5+$6+$0.75 or $5+$5+$6+$0.75?
Yes, $5 for every game stacks, and no need to pre-order more than 1 game. Game has to be $2 minimum base trade to receive the $5, otherwise it just gets whatever % bonus is available to you.

you wont get the $5 for edf though since its 75 cents and not a $2 base

Can confirm that the $5 bonus stacks on older games. I got it for PS3, Wii, 360 and OG Xbox games yesterday.
I'm hoping it stays that way today - if is, I'm gonna make a trip tonight. Didn't it only last a weekend the last time they did this? I can't remember if it was Sat-Sun only, or went through that Monday as well.

Considering the games I bought last week are games whose value will never drop I'm not sure if I should take advantage of the pre order trade deal given my backlog or wait for a better no strings attached $5 extra trade deal instead

Yes, $5 for every game stacks, and no need to pre-order more than 1 game. Game has to be $2 minimum base trade to receive the $5, otherwise it just gets whatever % bonus is available to you.
Adding to this, what happens if you go over the value of the pre order? I may be trading in two games that will be worth $38 each.

Adding to this, what happens if you go over the value of the pre order? I may be trading in two games that will be worth $38 each.
You can spend the rest, or put it on a trade card. If your GameStop sucks, they might try to make you put it on another preorder, but I've only had that happen once.

Considering the games I bought last week are games whose value will never drop I'm not sure if I should take advantage of the pre order trade deal given my backlog or wait for a better no strings attached $5 extra trade deal instead

You get a trade card with the balance on it. Get a physical trade card, do not have it applied to your account.

Does everyone have me on ignore? The ad this week says $5 boost on everything over $2, no systems excluded.
I often wonder the same! But, it kind of is a valid question, still, if you're not the type to parse every reply in a thread. The ad says "for any game," but shows current stuff, and the trade page says "Xbox One, PS4, or Nintendo Switch games."

under the Current Trade Offers section it actually says "When you trade XB1, PS4, or Switch games"

It's not that confusing. The people who signed up for the new Pro got their $5 coupon without issue. Old Pro members don't get anything until February since the coupons are sent out in the beginning of each month, and old Pro wasn't killed until the 16th. Wait until Feb.
I meant it was confusing because I did not receive any communication from GS and only read about here and couldn't piece it together from reading a few posts every now and then bringing it up. Still shitty that they change a program that's supposed to be 10% off wihtout warning.

EDIT* Sorry if my post came off as condescending/sounding like an asshole- I do appreciate you giving me a clear answer.

Yeah, Gamestop is doing a terrible job of letting older customers know what's going on. Everything I've heard about the new program, the changes of terms of service and the when changes will take effect, etc. was through here, Reddit and rumor filled low traffic websites.

Not even an email stating that Elite Pro was ended or that you'd be changed to the new service.

Can you imagine being a customer that doesn't go on these sites. You just walk into the store one day, knowing you're supposed to have your discount for another year, only to find out that you've been dropped from the membership you paid for without notice. It's a bit shady.

You can spend the rest, or put it on a trade card. If your GameStop sucks, they might try to make you put it on another preorder, but I've only had that happen once.
This isn't exactly true. I took some older gen stuff in, (Xbox 360, Wii etc) and said everything over the $2 mark put towards my preorder of RE3. He said it was for current gen games only. I said I had been reading around and I believe that is not the case and to just try my copy of Wii Sports and see what happens when put towards the preorder. Well it got the $5 bump. He was surprised but finished my order which paid off my RE3 and got an extra $58. So the older stuff works just ask them to try it if they have an issue. My point to this is that you only need to put .01 of your trade in goods toward a preorder (not pay it off, I just chose to do that) and can get the rest on a card, Hope that helps.

Just traded in a few games including Wii and Xbox 360 ones towards a pre order. They were all worth at least $2 trade in and they all got the $5 bump.

Can you make a preorder at one store and then pay toward that preorder at another store?

Also, an FYI, I got a $50 reward certificate and it would NOT work on an Amazon gift card. It was a variable card so I’m not sure if that was the reason.

Can you make a preorder at one store and then pay toward that preorder at another store?

Also, an FYI, I got a $50 reward certificate and it would NOT work on an Amazon gift card. It was a variable card so I’m not sure if that was the reason.
That's the first report I've seen of a cert not working on Amazon anymore. But I knew they wouldn't let that last forever. Variable is what I always got so that's not the reason it didn't work.

Uh oh...

The variable Amazon gift card worked just fine for me a few days ago, so I hope they didn’t change it.

Does anyone have an issue where the app does not show all of your current pre-orders? I feel like I've read about that in the past, but I honestly can't remember.

My last trade done was only enough to put $54 down on a game, so I've been trying to plan a large trade against the rest of that one instead of having to do multiple trades against different titles, but I'm not seeing it listed in my app. I should definitely have the receipt that shows the transaction, but not seeing it in there just got me a bit irrationally worried.

I’m sure somebody knows the answer:

I ask again because I’m about to be at a second GS and would love to flip the games I just bought toward the preorder I made earlier today at the first store.

I ask again because I’m about to be at a second GS and would love to flip the games I just bought toward the preorder I made earlier today at the first store.
You can only pay towards the preorder at the store where the preorder originated. I tried applying trade credit to a preorder at a different store a few weeks ago and this is what I was told.

Does anyone have an issue where the app does not show all of your current pre-orders? I feel like I've read about that in the past, but I honestly can't remember.

My last trade done was only enough to put $54 down on a game, so I've been trying to plan a large trade against the rest of that one instead of having to do multiple trades against different titles, but I'm not seeing it listed in my app. I should definitely have the receipt that shows the transaction, but not seeing it in there just got me a bit irrationally worried.
Yea, don't worry about it. I had about 10 pre-orders last Monday, only 4 showed up in the app, but was able to cancel all of them on Friday in the same store and use the proceeds. Then I pre-ordered one of the same games in a different store a few days later and it did (thankfully) show up in the app. :D/

Well this is some straight up bs

went to one of the “closing” stores I’ve had my eyes glued on all month and never put up any signs only to be met with a bunch of boxes blocking the entrance and a sign saying they’re moving!!

But get this tho. The place they’re “moving” is already occupied by another GameStop lmao...*sigh*

Has anyone experienced this before??? I feel ripped off considering if GS is on its last leg I at least want ONE taste of the 90% off cake!!!

Nope

went to one of the “closing” stores I’ve had my eyes glued on all month and never put up any signs only to be met with a bunch of boxes blocking the entrance and a sign saying they’re moving!!

But get this tho. The place they’re “moving” is already occupied by another GameStop lmao...*sigh*

Has anyone experienced this before??? I feel ripped off considering if GS is on its last leg I at least want ONE taste of the 90% off cake!!!
You should back up and reflect a bit on being so angry about attempting to get 90% off video games.

Its actually 95% on the last day

A month ago I owned zero switch games now 106[emoji851]

Please don't cancel 10 preorders on an employee.
https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/367591-the-gamestop-thread/?p=14258933

> says "muh video game time is limited"

> all those games he will never play
Once I had kids, it was actually planning the progression of what games to play with the kids on a year by year basis. I only beat like one game a year... so it has to be like BotW quality. So far nothing to schedule and they are stuck on Kirby's Rainbow Curse... 8-[ They were supposed to have graduated from the Wii U library and onto Let's Go by now! I am very disappointed in them. Gentle beatings to ensue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back