2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Traded in some games tonight but had a few rejected for two reasons - some games had writing in marker on the label, and one game was an EU version. I'm going to try again at other stores, but has anyone had games like this accepted before? I'm assuming yes, because I got these from Gamestop to begin with...
Yeah I don’t think they accept EU version of games. I was denied once and one reason is cuz if someone buys the game, they won’t be able to play any dlc for it cuz the dlc has to be from EU psn store or somethin

Ugh I want that AC edition switch but it doesn't even come with the game? Wtf. And I don't wanna be 2 months without my switch and trade it in.
Same. Trading in my launch Switch and still having to drop $230 for console and game makes it much less appealing.

Had a hard time trying to get MMX legacy, Indivisible, Close to the Sun and Trine 4. Website said my local GS had all 4 in stock, but I was only able to get Trine. Had the guy check for all of them after I scoured through all their displayed preowned games, and I think he was just lazy because he said they didn’t have them or he couldn’t find them.

None were displayed out in the preowned games section, do they store any used games (with cases) behind the counter? Any tips appreciated, really trying to take advantage of the 4 for $20 deal lol
At all my local stores, there's a spines-facing-out shelf at the very bottom of the section below the other used games with more selection. All the new-->used conversions that I bought were found there, I'm assuming that's where more recent stock gets put.

Also, sometimes there is a "below $20" island display near the door with more selection. Finally, there are definitely used games with cases inside their locked drawers that might not be on the shelf, but they are generally stuff they have a million copies of like sports games. If the employee already looked inside and came up empty, you're probably just out of luck.

Wow, Assassins Creed Oddysey TIV at $22. Couple that with the $5 extra bump ...and it being on sale for $14.99 at Best Buy. Time
To flip for some preorders

The biggest wow for me is Mario + Rabbids at $27.50, that bonus $5 makes it $32.50. This game keeps on giving lol. Purchased this game like 7 times already and never played it lol. Also odd seeing some 1st party switch titles higher than PKMN S/S. Smash, mk8 and zelda are decent flips if you got them awhile back.  

I anticipated a bump this weekend, glad I held off. Bout to make a nice amount of credit tomorrow. Didn't think it'll be possible without elite. =)

New Animal Crossing Switch is up for pre-order on Gamestop. I hope there is some trade deals for trading a Switch towards it.

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/switch/consoles/products/nintendo-switch-animal-crossing-new-horizons-edition/11100143.html
As of right now this is online only at GameStop. Went in today and they said they can do the preorder in store but they’re just doing an online order. Will probably stay that too since that’s how the Pokémon edition is. Just did my preorder at BestBuy

Nice, with this new bump, couple of games I bought from the store closing now trade in with the $5 bonus. Too bad I have nothing I want from Gamestop at the moment but this pays off my PS5 and XSX if anything.

Had a hard time trying to get MMX legacy, Indivisible, Close to the Sun and Trine 4. Website said my local GS had all 4 in stock, but I was only able to get Trine. Had the guy check for all of them after I scoured through all their displayed preowned games, and I think he was just lazy because he said they didn’t have them or he couldn’t find them.
None were displayed out in the preowned games section, do they store any used games (with cases) behind the counter? Any tips appreciated, really trying to take advantage of the 4 for $20 deal lol
They probably had them in the new section and just didn’t convert them over. Couldn’t find the used ones at my store so I just brought up the new ones and they all rung up as used. They just didn’t convert them to used yet.

The DOTD Aladdin and the Lion king switch version is a decent flip back to GameStop if you have credit, $16. Can trade it back in with $5 bonus for $21.50

Even Darksiders 3 got a bump to 5.  Got it for 5 and than realized it's on gamepass. I was too lazy to ship it back but my apathy has been rewarded.

I ordered some OGXB stuff online Sunday for the B2G1 that arrives today. Anyone have much luck with retro games? My first time buying online with them and I was hoping at least a few have cases/books. My understanding is that I can return this stuff to the store if I don't like the condition? How does that work with the B2G1 pricing?

I ended up returning the whole lot in store. 12 games total, 4 were loose, 2 were in original cases, and one complete. Nothing was in great shape, all appeared buffed and about half had a repair ring sticker. It was a bust but I wasn't out anything for the try. Good times.

I just received the "You have X items worth $Y" email, and I found this bit particularly humorous, as I'm one of the people that has never received any certificate with the new program.

[attachment=33628:pur_pro_email.png]

I double-checked my active offers just to make sure, but there was of course nothing there.

As of right now this is online only at GameStop. Went in today and they said they can do the preorder in store but they’re just doing an online order. Will probably stay that too since that’s how the Pokémon edition is. Just did my preorder at BestBuy
Just preordered the console in store. They didn’t say anything about it being an online order tho.

Is it worth buying games that are 4 for $20 with trade credit with the intent to boomerang them back with the preorder bonus promo going on?
A lot of the recent drops (close to the sun, mega Man, indivisible, etc.) are $2-$3. There should be a list of those titles a few pages back. Depends if $2-$3 a title is worth it to you. I guess you do get double points on those transactions too (buying and trading).

Picked up Samurai Showdown (ps4 - 12.99) and Wargroove (switch - 14.99) both preowned. Both were in their original shrink wrap. We always complain about GS selling gutted games as new... sometimes it’s nice to see them selling new stuff as used....

Really depends on you, with 4 for $20 you can get 20 games with a base of $2 for $100 and boomerang for $144 to the next store.
Depends on how much you value your time to navigate thru the app/website to find a store(s) with 20 games in multiples of 4 and in stock and then find another store.

Is it common that the preorders don’t show up on the app anymore?
No, but now the website shows your pre-orders, but doesn't distiush between ones that are active or cancelled....

I haven't received my 5 dollar monthly coupon. Are they supposed to roll out February 1st?
Just saw my Feb on in active offers. Didn't get a Jan one. (i'm a normal pro)

Wow, Assassins Creed Oddysey TIV at $22. Couple that with the $5 extra bump ...and it being on sale for $14.99 at Best Buy. Time
To flip for some preorders
I am a dummy and thought Origins was Odyssey... no soups!

How does this guaranteed to Love it thing work? I bought Dragon Ball z because the 20% trade-in bonus, I don't see anywhere it says I can return it for full credit on the receipt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back