2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you know if you can use the $5 coupon to knock a $14.99 game to $9.99 and get it to be a 4 for $20 game? Effectively knocking $10 off the price by using a $5 coupon.
This won’t work, I tried it before. Their POS activates the promo only when the games current in store price is 9.99. Best to save that coupon for a separate 14.99 used game purchase

Do you know if you can use the $5 coupon to knock a $14.99 game to $9.99 and get it to be a 4 for $20 game? Effectively knocking $10 off the price by using a $5 coupon.
that would make sense right? but somehow the coupon doesnt work that way either. i think its because basically when you add another promo the coupon is basically doing nothing but getting used up.

No, that doesn't work because the discount alone doesn't flag the game as being of the lower value set. Regardless, IIRC you can't even use the $5 coupon on one of your 4 for $20 games anyway because the promo doesn't stack and will kick out your coupon's savings.

Can confirm that the feb $5 cert works on PSN and xbox credit.  Personally watched these ring up and apply today.

I'm guessing that other cags who reported this wasn't working today were spreading info based on what employees told them rather than seeing how it rings up in the system.  The other possibility is that there is more than one variety of monthly cert going out right now.

I asked, in-store, why I did not receive my January 5 dollar certificate. The guy tells me that is for new members only. Hahaha wtf is wrong with some people?

I asked, in-store, why I did not receive my January 5 dollar certificate. The guy tells me that is for new members only. Hahaha wtf is wrong with some people?
UHH, that is what the situation was exactly. He wasn't wrong. If you renewed or signed up in January, you got a 5$ coupon printed on your receipt.

UHH, that is what the situation was exactly. He wasn't wrong. If you renewed or signed up in January, you got a 5$ coupon printed on your receipt.
He responded that the certs are only for members that signed up in November. That pre-Nov, we were part of the old benefits. I did not have the energy to argue it and left it alone

Maybe you missed the part where PUR Pro members spent a portion of that month not receiving any benefits on the purchase of pre-owned games, much less the benefits we initially paid for.

Last chance to put in some orders for the 50% off clearance collectibles. It was mostly in-store availability but you can place pickup orders still I'd imagine. Got some christmas stuff, a full set of Pokeball Plushes + Detective Pikachu Plushies + some random Minecraft plushies (mostly in-store) along with a bunch of hats (mostly online). They also have a bunch of sandals/"slides" for like 50 cents if you can find them in-stock anywhere. The are pretty poor quality, but fine for backyard / beach / gym usage. Ladies do love the themed nerd sandals. 

https://www.gamestop.com/search/?q=plushblindsale012620&lang=default

For those interested, Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna – The Golden Country is $24.94 physical version. I got it price matched elsewhere to guarantee I got a new sealed copy. I haven't seen it that low before.

Demo for Kill la Kill was really dang good I thought, from the animations, story-telling, and gameplay. I price matched at BB with free ship and am expecting it in mail Monday. Really excited for this, been waiting for it to hit this price, and then out of left field it's $20 or less on PSN and at GS.

Anyone order ac switch in store? I heard the other day they were just placing an online order bc it wasn't in their system. Wondering if that's changed.

Does anyone know when maybe they will have another prestige day? Also was the last prestige day b2q1 on preowened hardware too?

That’s how I felt about jump force. Hopefully don’t feel like that when one punch man comes out. First my hero academia was ok 7/10 imo and Kakarot at first felt hella weird and seemed like 6/10 at first but the more hours i put into it, it got better and I started to really know how to play it. Lacked stuff but was good enough for me to give it a 7.5. Haven’t finished the game yet (I’m at cell saga) great soundtrack, graphics, addicting gameplay (could improve)

Edit: wrong tag lmao

Before they start increasing the prices on some of their toys.

Last chance to put in some orders for the 50% off clearance collectibles. It was mostly in-store availability but you can place pickup orders still I'd imagine. Got some christmas stuff, a full set of Pokeball Plushes + Detective Pikachu Plushies + some random Minecraft plushies (mostly in-store) along with a bunch of hats (mostly online). They also have a bunch of sandals/"slides" for like 50 cents if you can find them in-stock anywhere. The are pretty poor quality, but fine for backyard / beach / gym usage. Ladies do love the themed nerd sandals.

https://www.gamestop.com/search/?q=plushblindsale012620&lang=default[/quote]

dying light is $7 for ps4 and xbox. If you use shopsmarter.com you get %10 cashback gamestop, best buy, walmart, target and $10 when you first sign up (but it's $10/month after 7 days, but great deal if you shop a lot)). Trades for 8.30 for ps4 and 9.40 after 5 extra towards a preorder so you profit a little, but if you make 3 orders of each version you can make a little profit. rinse repeat for most days when there are daily deals games for $7-8

instead of all the pouting in this thread thought i'd spread some cheer with a list of games that trade for more after buying 4/20 this week. You can put it to them or whatever for not giving your 5 january bonus lol.

link to an incomplete but pretty big lists of trades you can do:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IjPOxb_bbreJ-EeOThWqXUv9ndJ97-F1onioYv_o0cE/edit?usp=sharing

My way of giving back for all the help people have given over the years. But be wary if you live near Louisville im picking em clean over and over lol

Can confirm that the feb $5 cert works on PSN and xbox credit. Personally watched these ring up and apply today.

I'm guessing that other cags who reported this wasn't working today were spreading info based on what employees told them rather than seeing how it rings up in the system. The other possibility is that there is more than one variety of monthly cert going out right now.
Friday, the cashier I talked to was cool and scanned both the physical card and the receipt right there in front of me and it didn't take off. His co-worker said it worked until about a few days ago.

Honestly, it just feels like GS is changing the policies of the program week to week at this point

Has anyone else tried a *regular* reward cert on an Amazon gift card this weekend?

The SL at the second store I tried it at was surprised to see it finally not working yesterday. He said they have not received any policy update on that yet, a la the big sheet that came out when all the gift cards *other than* Amazon were disallowed from store credit and reward certs a while back.

Has anyone else tried a *regular* reward cert on an Amazon gift card this weekend?

The SL at the second store I tried it at was surprised to see it finally not working yesterday. He said they have not received any policy update on that yet, a la the big sheet that came out when all the gift cards *other than* Amazon were disallowed from store credit and reward certs a while back.
I used both regular certs and my $10 elite pro cert for Amazon successfully on Friday 1/31. I think the first report of it not working was Saturday 2/1.

So traded in 12 games today with the $5 pre-order bonus, came out to $160ish. I just tried to preorder one $60 game. Guy said I needed to use the remaining $100 on preorders and can't give me credit since I'm getting the bonus because of preordering. I argued I'm trading in 12 games at a $5 bonus to cover the $60 preorder, and said I should be able to keep the rest (the normal trade value). He didn't budge and I reluctantly had to preorder two more games. What is everyone else's experience with this?

This 4 for $20 is pretty good. Got a few sealed :xb1: games that were converted new to pre-owned: mega man x legacy collection, evil within 2, indivisible, close to sun, monster hunter world.
Also snageed pre-owned :ps4: nba 2k17 legends with kobe on the cover art. Such a tragedy- can’t believe he’s gone ☹️

Leave a survey saying you were forced to preorder games you don't want and that you want to be called back on why you were singled out.

Others rather not cancel preorders for situation like that but I rather cancel those on the employee that you pre-ordered on.

If that happens again and you don't want to burn them too bad, could put the credit on a special, limited edition or console instead so you only have 1 extra preorder. Next time you go in, transfer the credit to a game you want or cancel just the one preorder and put the credit on your card.

So traded in 12 games today with the $5 pre-order bonus, came out to $160ish. I just tried to preorder one $60 game. Guy said I needed to use the remaining $100 on preorders and can't give me credit since I'm getting the bonus because of preordering. I argued I'm trading in 12 games at a $5 bonus to cover the $60 preorder, and said I should be able to keep the rest (the normal trade value). He didn't budge and I reluctantly had to preorder two more games. What is everyone else's experience with this?
That employee tried to inflate his pre-order numbers by telling you to use all of your trade credit. Everyone else on CAG usually just puts $5 on a preorder and get the rest of the trade credit on a trade card.

Yeah they are making their own policy. The GameStop's I went to even use the "only $5 required on a preorder" line to hook people into getting something.

I was told that my name was being put on the “watch” list for “taking advantage of this promo” as the district manager or leader was involved... but I wasn’t trade banned (I kept within the rolling limits) so I guess I should lay low until Friday :)

Burn on survey. Next time you're out stop by or call the store and find out if he's working, go in and cancel those other pre-orders through his register log in only.

Cancel both preorders, because that’s some bullshit. Asshole just played you.

dying light is $7 for ps4 and xbox. If you use shopsmarter.com you get %10 cashback gamestop, best buy, walmart, target and $10 when you first sign up (but it's $10/month after 7 days, but great deal if you shop a lot)). Trades for 8.30 for ps4 and 9.40 after 5 extra towards a preorder so you profit a little, but if you make 3 orders of each version you can make a little profit. rinse repeat for most days when there are daily deals games for $7-8
Yup, just saw this deal on SD, along with Dead Rising 4 vanilla (XB1) for $6.99 Pre-Owned.
https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/xbox-one/games/products/dead-rising-4/10131520.html

I was told that my name was being put on the “watch” list for “taking advantage of this promo” as the district manager or leader was involved... but I wasn’t trade banned (I kept within the rolling limits) so I guess I should lay low until Friday :)
I got a warning about my name coming up a couple times amongst employees in the district after I traded $700 worth of stuff during the 50% bonus in CA (had to use my moms ID because I am banned until next month but it was at a store I don’t normally have issues with). Didn’t really make sense because the employee was talking about how this was a great time to trade stuff in because of the bump and bonus. Thankfully that was my last bunch of stuff I needed to trade in and can lay low until my ban is lifted.

That employee tried to inflate his pre-order numbers by telling you to use all of your trade credit. Everyone else on CAG usually just puts $5 on a preorder and get the rest of the trade credit on a trade card.
I mean if that was the case then he'd have you pre-order 32 different titles with $5 down each. That would really help his numbers until you didn't come in and pick any of them up.

Thanks guys. I will go in later when he is working and cancel the others, might cancel all three since he was greedy. I found it very interesting he never asked "how much would you like to put down on the preorder?" either. Next time I do this I will go elsewhere and be clear I just want to put $5 on one game. It's especially a joke when the preorder promos are so bad. Most games you can get for $50 at Amazon, etc. As a preorder, and even with animal crossing there is no preorder bonus (I think target has a notebook?) So off the bat you're already losing $10 in value just by preordering with them.

I'm just really starting to hate (some) GameStop employees, they are the game version of car salesman, always pitching and doing anything to get commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back