2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI - Just stacked the monthly $5 rewards offer and a 5,000 point $5 certificate toward a physical $10 Nintendo eShop card. Rensselaer, NY. Love a $0 total.

Burn on survey. Next time you're out stop by or call the store and find out if he's working, go in and cancel those other pre-orders through his register log in only.
Surveys do nothing what so ever now. GAMESTOP pushes their employees for numbers if anything the employee will be applauded.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I was told that my name was being put on the “watch” list for “taking advantage of this promo” as the district manager or leader was involved... but I wasn’t trade banned (I kept within the rolling limits) so I guess I should lay low until Friday :)
What a bunch of scumbags. Sounds like they’re mad that they don’t understand the rules and you do. I hope you cancel all those preorders, leave them a bad survey and even do some returns on them.

What a bunch of scumbags. Sounds like they’re mad that they don’t understand the rules and you do. I hope you cancel all those preorders, leave them a bad survey and even do some returns on them.
I think the problem was no one knew what the rules are. The fine print on the current promo just emailed out still says just current gen games and nothing about if only the $5n or all of the trade amount needed to become pre-orders. The system just required $5 pre-order to trigger the bonus, but as with everything is still under "by manager discretion". I did cancel all the pre-orders on that particular transaction and did buy a bunch of stuff (B2G1 was still going on)

I got a warning about my name coming up a couple times amongst employees in the district after I traded $700 worth of stuff during the 50% bonus in CA (had to use my moms ID because I am banned until next month but it was at a store I don’t normally have issues with). Didn’t really make sense because the employee was talking about how this was a great time to trade stuff in because of the bump and bonus. Thankfully that was my last bunch of stuff I needed to trade in and can lay low until my ban is lifted.
I was a little more blatant.. basically the day after a large chunk of credit freed up I would bump right up against the 2000 limit again. I assume they can look up all your transactions across multiple stores, but wasn't sure if they could see pre-orders in other stores? My credit stock is running low now, so hope a CSAC comes up soon! :bouncy:

To start off, I can confirm I was able to use the February Rewards certificate for $10 PSN. Guy said it's been working without a hitch as of yesterday.

Had a surprisingly smooth experience trading in about 20 games (majority of which I have digitally). Guy let me pay off an existing pre-order and keep the rest (which was over $100 after the bonus). No refurb fees either despite mostly trading in without cases (I take pretty good care of them).

I snagged a set of 4/$20. I could have grabbed more but I try to keep my nose clean and not do too much flipping these days since losing one of the two close by GameStops. I'll hopefully be able to trade those 4 in with the last handful of games in my collection I have left to get rid of while the bonus and values hold.

/blog

So traded in 12 games today with the $5 pre-order bonus, came out to $160ish. I just tried to preorder one $60 game. Guy said I needed to use the remaining $100 on preorders and can't give me credit since I'm getting the bonus because of preordering. I argued I'm trading in 12 games at a $5 bonus to cover the $60 preorder, and said I should be able to keep the rest (the normal trade value). He didn't budge and I reluctantly had to preorder two more games. What is everyone else's experience with this?
Lol I would have loved to see some employee try and pull this on me. So many ways you could have handled it. I would have personally gone with the clueless approach - "I've always just done it with $5 down ... Heck you guys always tell me to put $5 to preorder. Just try it, I bet it works." If that didn't work I would have gone with "It's policy that I can cancel my preorder at any time right? Like right after this transaction?"....

If all that failed, it's not like there isn't a GameStop on every corner. If they still held their ground I would have been "know what? I changed my mind. Go ahead and cancel it." Then I would have gone to another store, did the transaction, buy some games with my credit, gone right back to the first store and make that employee process a return on those games and then burn them on a survey.

Seriously though, just go cancel your preorders. If anyone gives you grief, just say that it's because of the poor customer service you received and you're going to preorder them on Amazon.

Pre-order cancellation details website if you need it in case they try to tell you that you can't cancel it. It says preorders can be cancelled before release or up to 30 days after release date. After 30 days it gets autocancelled and turned to store credit.

https://care.gamestop.com/pre-order-deposit-policy

By the way, thanks very much for the list Snappy. I knew most of those but there were a couple I didn't.

As a heads-up, they did not let me get Dying Light as part of the 4/$20 today.

By the way, thanks very much for the list Snappy. I knew most of those but there were a couple I didn't.

As a heads-up, they did not let me get Dying Light as part of the 4/$20 today.
Well that's kind of bullshit. Whether or not it's for the day, the price is the price.

...or am I just being an over-reacting crotchety old man? That might be it.

Well that's kind of bullshit. Whether or not it's for the day, the price is the price.

I agree but the guy had given me 0 problems with all my trade-ins and purchases so I let it slide out of gratitude.
I ended buying it online for pick up in that store when I go back to trade in the rest of my stuff in a few days.

His reason was the Deal of the Day price was online only (which isn't wrong, it even says so on the website). It's just a dumb policy when you can order a pick-up in store at the discounted price (which is what he should have recommended I do while I was there even if it didn't count towards the 4/$20).

Friday, the cashier I talked to was cool and scanned both the physical card and the receipt right there in front of me and it didn't take off. His co-worker said it worked until about a few days ago.

Honestly, it just feels like GS is changing the policies of the program week to week at this point
When I went to buy a $10 PSN card it wasn’t working, and they said they noticed it wasn’t working on old cards, I guess the cards they had were from like 2013. They were nice enough to just take the $5 off manually for me though.

The deal of the day is online only and cannot be applied in store. They’re told not to. So he might be able to get it to work with an online order, but they can’t do anything in store.

So i went today and tried to use 3 certificates , one for 5, second for 10, last one for 15

I was told by the girl on the counter that i couldnt use all 3 , maximum 2 , i showed her the fine print that it says maximum 3 diferent certificates per day and she said thats an old print

Is this true ?

When I went to buy a $10 PSN card it wasn’t working, and they said they noticed it wasn’t working on old cards, I guess the cards they had were from like 2013. They were nice enough to just take the $5 off manually for me though.
You know what means.

An additional $5 off coupon on your next visit!

So i went today and tried to use 3 certificates , one for 5, second for 10, last one for 15

I was told by the girl on the counter that i couldnt use all 3 , maximum 2 , i showed her the fine print that it says maximum 3 diferent certificates per day and she said thats an old print

Is this true ?
It's not true. Just another employee making up policies.

As you said, you showed her the terms show the limit is a "Limit of three (3) of any coupon, discount, or other offer per person, per account, per day. Reward certificates of the same value are not stackable." https://www.gamestop.com/TermsConditions.html

Just fill out a survey (no purchase necessary for it) stating the policy, your denial of the coupons and how she made up a policy against you. https://gamestop.survey.marketforce.com/

Not sure about others but ever single time that I did a survey and said exactly what happened with the policy showing what they are supposed to do, I either got an Gamestop corporate or a call from the DM correcting the problem. I go back into those stores that have the issue afterwards and stop having problems with them after doing the surveys.

so you guys that get flagged by stores, is it just JDs that happen to work at your stores being suspcious? the stores near me, especially my main store are happy when I come in with trades and preorder some stuff. they think the stacks of games I bring in all come from FB marketplace, offerup, letgo etc and are all for it 

Damn, right after I said that Ive never had problems with the $5 down on a pre-order i run into a manager making her own rules. She said that the bonus only counts on new preorders and made me put $5 on three games, one for each bonus. I didn't argue because it's my main spot, but it's incredible how many different outcomes people are having from the simplest shit.

Didn't even try to use my points to get an Amazon card. Anybody have an update from this weekend as to whether points can still be used on set value cards?

Damn, right after I said that Ive never had problems with the $5 down on a pre-order i run into a manager making her own rules. She said that the bonus only counts on new preorders and made me put $5 on three games, one for each bonus. I didn't argue because it's my main spot, but it's incredible how many different outcomes people are having from the simplest shit.

Didn't even try to use my points to get an Amazon card. Anybody have an update from this weekend as to whether points can still be used on set value cards?
Yeah, even though people have reported being able to trade games towards EXISTING preorders and still getting the bonus per game, my store forces me to create a new preorder everytime I trade in a group of games. But they do let me trade multiple games towards a single preorder.

So traded in 12 games today with the $5 pre-order bonus, came out to $160ish. I just tried to preorder one $60 game. Guy said I needed to use the remaining $100 on preorders and can't give me credit since I'm getting the bonus because of preordering. I argued I'm trading in 12 games at a $5 bonus to cover the $60 preorder, and said I should be able to keep the rest (the normal trade value). He didn't budge and I reluctantly had to preorder two more games. What is everyone else's experience with this?
He lied and now you get to go cancel those pre-orders to get the trade credit he should have originally issued. I just traded my games in today and they only required that I put $10 down but since I was in no rush to use the credit I just left the balance on the game I ordered. Gonna cancel later anyway so no biggie.

4/$20 and the $5 promo gives me hope that flips can still happen at the new GS. Not as good as the past but made $80 profit. Here's all the PS4 games with a $3 TIV.

adventure time finn and jake investigation

air combat vietnam

assassins creed unity

atari collection 2

batman arkham knight

close to the sun

cod advance warfare

dishonored 2

dragon age inquisition

f1 2016

fisherman fishing planet

injustice gods among us ultimate

kings quest v complete

mad max

marvel pinball

mortal kombat x

motorcycle club

mutant league football

onechanbara z2

plants v zombies garden warfare

pure chess

raiden v

reel fishing road trip

sinking city

the 25th ward

thief

touhou genso rondo bullet ballet

trine 4

tumblestone

wwe 2k17

And here's all the X1 $3 games.

close to the sun

indivisible

sinking city

stranded sails

sudden strike complete

the evil within 2

the fisherman fishing planet

warhammer chaosbane

warhammer vermintide 2

One of the stores near me also made me place 5 separate preorders when I traded in 5 games.  Not really looking forward to arguing to get that all put onto a trade card and wrecking some poor schmuck's stats for the day.  According to the fine print, can I just never pick up my pre-order and get the credit back that way?  I guess I should just go in and stand my ground for the credit, but I'm trying to fly under the radar.

One of the stores near me also made me place 5 separate preorders when I traded in 5 games. Not really looking forward to arguing to get that all put onto a trade card and wrecking some poor schmuck's stats for the day. According to the fine print, can I just never pick up my pre-order and get the credit back that way? I guess I should just go in and stand my ground for the credit, but I'm trying to fly under the radar.
Nope, it'll sit there forever (or until they close all their stores) You have to cancel the preorders to get the credit back. But feel free to wait until you're there and the same person is working.

Has anyone been able to get the $5 bonus to apply when trading in retro games?  I have a few PS2 games that I wanted to try trading in.  They all have at least $2 in trade-in value before the bonus, but I know in the past, retro games haven't worked automatically with other promos.

Has anyone been able to get the $5 bonus to apply when trading in retro games? I have a few PS2 games that I wanted to try trading in. They all have at least $2 in trade-in value before the bonus, but I know in the past, retro games haven't worked automatically with other promos.
I traded in a ps2 game and got 5$ bump

Has anyone been able to get the $5 bonus to apply when trading in retro games? I have a few PS2 games that I wanted to try trading in. They all have at least $2 in trade-in value before the bonus, but I know in the past, retro games haven't worked automatically with other promos.
Everything retro over $2 works with the current promo.

As Gamestop gets more desperate things like this are only gonna get harder to do. I would imagine we see a lot more policy tightening along with even more instances of "new policies" made up by the employees trying to keep their jobs.

Reading all these horror stories and I'm just glad I never have any problems at my area GameStops. Even had an employee excitedly tell me to preorder any game so I can get a huge boost on my trade-in.

Do trade values typically last all day Monday? I remember some times in the past when they would switch mid-day. I am trying to beat Luigi’s Mansion in time to trade it but don’t want all my values to fall.

Do trade values typically last all day Monday? I remember some times in the past when they would switch mid-day. I am trying to beat Luigi’s Mansion in time to trade it but don’t want all my values to fall.
If you are worried - trade it in, buy another used copy with trade credit, and return that within the preowned return window.

I don't think that's happened in the last several months. However, boosted trade values often revert on Tuesdays. You should be fine as long as you're sure you can beat it before then.

Not sure store policy since it's "estimates" but on the app you can save trade value and it should be good for same business day. Just depends on the manager of the price does change.

Haven’t seen anyone mention this. On my app, when searching for trade in values, it is still giving me the Elite Pro value. Has anyone had any luck getting this value honored in store?

Has anyone tried using the monthly $5 coupon towards an Amazon gift card? I recall them not working with the $5 welcome gift that is printed on a receipt, but I'm not sure if anyone has tried it with the one that appears in our active offers. 

Did Some trades recently. These games are on the 4 for $20 promo and can be boomeranged back for a small profit with the $5 bonus on Preorders. Games have a base Trade in Value of $2-3

PS4

Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince

Lock's Quest

Close to the Sun

Murdered Soul Suspect

Left Alive

Horizon Zero Dawn

Knack

Evil Within 2

Guilty Gear Xrd SIGN

Mega Man 11

Anthem

Terraway Unfolded

Torment Tides of Numenera

Cladun Returns: Segnoku

Injustice: Ultimate edition

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Xbox One

One Piece Burning Blood

Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1+2

Close to the Sun

Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden

Stranded Sails Explorers

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Genesis Alpha One

Dragon Ball Xenoverse

Warhammer Chaosbane

Sudden Strike 4 Complete

Prey

Fisherman: Fishing Planet

Indivisible

Shaq Fu A Legend reborn

Lego Movie Videogame

Mafia III (This game was priced wrong in my store, was labeled $9.99, rang up $12.99, was given a manager override for the promo to go through)

On my receipt it shows i got the 10% bonus from the old powerup rewards program but unsure if its cause my elite hasn't run out. Happy hunting out there.

4/$20 and the $5 promo gives me hope that flips can still happen at the new GS. Not as good as the past but made $80 profit. Here's all the PS4 games with a $3 TIV.

adventure time finn and jake investigation

air combat vietnam

assassins creed unity

atari collection 2

batman arkham knight

close to the sun

cod advance warfare

dishonored 2

dragon age inquisition

f1 2016

fisherman fishing planet

injustice gods among us ultimate

kings quest v complete

mad max

marvel pinball

mortal kombat x

motorcycle club

mutant league football

onechanbara z2

plants v zombies garden warfare

pure chess

raiden v

reel fishing road trip

sinking city

the 25th ward

thief

touhou genso rondo bullet ballet

trine 4

tumblestone

wwe 2k17

And here's all the X1 $3 games.

close to the sun

indivisible

sinking city

stranded sails

sudden strike complete

the evil within 2

the fisherman fishing planet

warhammer chaosbane

warhammer vermintide 2
Kings quest v complete???

Has anyone traded in within the last few hours? The $5 preorder promo isn't listed on the website or app anymore. They might have ended it early since it was likely intended for current-gen games only.

Is there a limit on the 4 for $20? Got told I couldn’t buy more than 8
I've been getting them 12-16 at a time with no problem.

Has anyone traded in within the last few hours? The $5 preorder promo isn't listed on the website or app anymore. They might have ended it early since it was likely intended for current-gen games only.
I hope not, it was listed in their weekly ad that just started yesterday. I still have a few more games to trade and was debating getting more 4/$20 today.

I've been getting them 12-16 at a time with no problem.

I hope not, it was listed in their weekly ad that just started yesterday. I still have a few more games to trade and was debating getting more 4/$20 today.
I’m gonna try later before closing to see. The store I went to where I was denied buying more than 8 is overall horrible, hate the store but with the recent store closures in my area, kinda had to visit it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back