2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone traded in within the last few hours? The $5 preorder promo isn't listed on the website or app anymore. They might have ended it early since it was likely intended for current-gen games only.
Just traded 20 games from the 4/20 sale and all of them got the $5 bonus not even 20 minutes ago so yeah it’s still working fine. My store also has a new manager and suggested I put $1 on an existing preorder and put the rest on a trade card since I mentioned I was building credit for PS5 when I was initially going to put $5 down. So that was awesome

Has anyone traded in within the last few hours? The $5 preorder promo isn't listed on the website or app anymore. They might have ended it early since it was likely intended for current-gen games only.
Just called my store and had them do a test trade. $5 bonus still working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It's just an issue on the site's end. Every trade offer with a time limit, such as the guaranteed $30 when trading in Kakarot (Expires 2/16) and the $250 offer when trading in Xbox One X and PS4 Pro (Expires 2/9) are gone from the page as well. I assume that they mistakenly removed all of the offers because many of them are supposed to expire around this time.

Lately I've been picking up a lot of new converted to used games, and surprisingly, they've all been sealed.

What alternative reality Gamestop am I in?

tenor.gif

Can anyone confirm that I can still use a reward certificate towards a variable amount Amazon gift card. I attempted it and the clerk would not process it. Thanks!

Has anyone seen any signs up or Gamestop TV mentions in their stores for upcoming G2L games? It may be a bit early I guess, but I was hoping Darksiders Genesis would be confirmed as one (since I pre-ordered it) and to get an idea of which others would too.

Lately I've been picking up a lot of new converted to used games, and surprisingly, they've all been sealed.

What alternative reality Gamestop am I in?
tenor.gif
Yeah I've picked up maybe 30 used games in the 4/20 and maybe 5 were sealed. Compare that to about 6 "new" games I've bought from gamestop.com recently and NONE have come sealed. I get the concept of "store new" but I would assume a shipment from the website and some warehouse would come sealed. Very disappointed. I guess they do ship out of some storefronts but don't they have warehouses too?!

Yeah I've picked up maybe 30 used games in the 4/20 and maybe 5 were sealed. Compare that to about 6 "new" games I've bought from gamestop.com recently and NONE have come sealed. I get the concept of "store new" but I would assume a shipment from the website and some warehouse would come sealed. Very disappointed. I guess they do ship out of some storefronts but don't they have warehouses too?!
From what I've been told, they've basically embraced the ship from store structure, and very rarely use warehouses now to fulfill games.

They only use warehouses to fulfill system send outs, but other than that, games are mostly just fulfilled by stores now, so it's very hit or miss just like stores. :*(

Can anyone confirm that I can still use a reward certificate towards a variable amount Amazon gift card. I attempted it and the clerk would not process it. Thanks!
Could not at 2 stores on Saturday. System would no longer allow it. Seems to have changed overnight from 1/31 to 2/1.

Could not at 2 stores on Saturday. System would no longer allow it. Seems to have changed overnight from 1/31 to 2/1.
I think the old coupons expired on 1/31, so this would be a new batch of coupons which may now be programed not to work on Amazon.

May I ask which specific coupons were used? I might try redeeming different denominations just to test them. It's unfortunate, but I guess it's had a good run either way.

I think the old coupons expired on 1/31, so this would be a new batch of coupons which may now be programed not to work on Amazon.
Mine were all certs I created from points a few days prior to 1/31. They're good until 3/31/20. I think it's the system, not the certs.

May I ask which specific coupons were used? I might try redeeming different denominations just to test them. It's unfortunate, but I guess it's had a good run either way.
$25 and $5 at one store, $25 and $15 at another. Only tried the variable Amazon cards, not a static $25.

Mine were all certs I created from points a few days prior to 1/31. They're good until 3/31/20. I think it's the system, not the certs.
That's what I'm saying. At some point the system will switch over from the 1/31 expiration coupons to the new 3/31 ones. Sometimes that's what things will change.

I think Squidfinity is correct.

The coupons I used on 1/31 that worked for Amazon had a 3/31/20 expiration date, so I think it was an updated to POS not the actual certs.

What do you all think about the $3 AC Amiibo's.?  Will they go up later?  They are expected to interact with the new AC... but, I don't know just how!! :D

Nook is sold out, everywhere, naturally.

To those only choosing the $3 TIV games...

Plenty of $2 games abound, Just saying. Gains are gains, whether $3 or $2 ....

--

What do you all think about the $3 AC Amiibo's.? Will they go up later? They are expected to interact with the new AC... but, I don't know just how!! :D

Nook is sold out, everywhere, naturally.
This is what I been doing. 5 separate trades towards Resident Evil 3 and it’s paid off in full. Fortunate to live in NYC where there are stores all over the place.

I know that there is a rolling 30 day limit, but I am wondering if it's definitely safe to trade on the 31st or 32nd day? I traded in over $1000 worth of games on January 4th and am currently very close to the $2000 limit. I am debating whether I should do some flips tomorrow or Wednesday since those days are more ideal for my schedule. Does anyone here have experience trading a day after the rolling 30 day window? 

I know that there is a rolling 30 day limit, but I am wondering if it's definitely safe to trade on the 31st or 32nd day? I traded in over $1000 worth of games on January 4th and am currently very close to the $2000 limit. I am debating whether I should do some flips tomorrow or Wednesday since those days are more ideal for my schedule. Does anyone here have experience trading a day after the rolling 30 day window?
Go with your gut and walk away.

I generally like to keep my total-trade to about $1700-$1800 max. But realistically around $1500.

Aracoba's stories steer me away from approaching the MAX. He / She got burned by riding the limits for too long.

YMMV.

It's like the tax man .. you can get close, but if you get too close you get unwanted attention.

Go with your gut and walk away.
I'm well aware of the $2000 limit and my question has nothing to do with how close you're supposed to get to the limit. I'm wondering if it's safe to trade a day or two after the rolling 30 days or if I should wait a bit longer.

Everything aside, it's actually a great game with a terrific soundtrack. I played Torna (completed it) and mentioned to my local game shop about my endeavors .. they cussed me out for playing the games out of order!

I found the original XC2 bland. Torna just did everything better.

From what I've been told, they've basically embraced the ship from store structure, and very rarely use warehouses now to fulfill games.

They only use warehouses to fulfill system send outs, but other than that, games are mostly just fulfilled by stores now, so it's very hit or miss just like stores. :*(
I'm no logistics expert, but I'm guessing sending out packages one at a time from retail stores all over the world is stupid costly from a shipping standpoint. Compare it to say shipping a pallet to one area of the nation where it then leaves to it's final destination. Pretty sure that's one reason Amazon saves in shipping with UPS (greatly reduced sorting and stops).

I'm well aware of the $2000 limit and my question has nothing to do with how close you're supposed to get to the limit. I'm wondering if it's safe to trade a day or two after the rolling 30 days or if I should wait a bit longer.
I like chicken too.

That's what I'm saying. At some point the system will switch over from the 1/31 expiration coupons to the new 3/31 ones. Sometimes that's what things will change.
I think Squidfinity is correct.

The coupons I used on 1/31 that worked for Amazon had a 3/31/20 expiration date, so I think it was an updated to POS not the actual certs.
I'm not saying I'm a Gamestop POS systems expert by any means, but it seems that the simpler explanation would be that they enabled whatever NOPE switch applied for all of the other gift cards when they originally changed them all except Amazon.

I'm not saying I'm a Gamestop POS systems expert by any means, but it seems that the simpler explanation would be that they enabled whatever NOPE switch applied for all of the other gift cards when they originally changed them all except Amazon.
GameStop isnt even a GameStop POS systems expert. If they were B2G1 would be 33% off three games instead of literally B2G1.

I'm doing it to fully pay for the Animal Crossing Switch system. I'm too cheap to shell out money :)

It's already paid off, now I'm just accumulating play money for other games released later this year (is February dead?) ..
Are you putting $5 of your total trade credit on a game pre-order and then everything else on the Switch, or are they allowing you to put it towards a system pre-order? I also pre-ordered an AC Switch, but I'm not sure if it's worth it to try the 4/$20 buy and trade with all these stores forcing you use the credit in some way.

Are you putting $5 of your total trade credit on a game pre-order and then everything else on the Switch, or are they allowing you to put it towards a system pre-order? I also pre-ordered an AC Switch, but I'm not sure if it's worth it to try the 4/$20 buy and trade with all these stores forcing you use the credit in some way.
In bulk, everything is better :)

[If you stiff GPG's, your chance of being hit by a JD rise dramatically ...GPG's are only $1 per 4/20 game and count the same as a $3 GPG for a switch title GPG to the person working .. they are worth alot to employees.]

Walked in, paid for Trine 4 (Xb1) with my February $5 voucher, walked out. Will come back again next month for something else.

That's about the extent of Gamestop's value to me now.

I went back to GameStop tonight, dumped another copy of Sushi Striker (3DS) and a copy of The Simpsons: Hit & Run with no manual that I found at Goodwill (PS2) for $15.30 total.  I paid off the Torchlight II (XB1) pre-order, so that's off my plate.  I can pick it up on 3/30.

I had a $40 GameStop gift card, so I bought the following on the 4 used games for $20 along with a $10 eShop card and a $10 PSN card:

Lego City Undercover: Before the Chase (3DS)

Mutant League Football: Dynasty Edition (XB1)

Superbeat Xonic (PS4)

Warhammer: Chaosbane (XB1)

I don't have anything else to trade-in, but I figure the 4 for $20 is the best deal out right now.  I might hit another store before it's dead.

I've been tracking my limit in excel using a 31 day limit just in case, and freed up around $700 due to a lot of trade ins on 12-26. 12-26 + 31 days = 1-26 and I used up around 600 of the available 700 limit without issue that Sunday. (I traded in the next wave 1-30). Just don't cross the 4x SKU limit. I was semi-worried about mixing the same game from 2 systems (Like Modern Warfare on Xbox + PS4) but that didn't flag me. :beer:

Just make sure if you don't have the barcode they ring it up correctly on the right system. I've had them mistakingly ring up a NBA2k20 on switch instead of Xbox, and if I had 4 on cooldown I'd have been screwed!

I've been tracking my limit in excel using a 31 day limit just in case, and freed up around $700 due to a lot of trade ins on 12-26. 12-26 + 31 days = 1-26 and I used up around 600 of the available 700 limit without issue that Sunday. (I traded in the next wave 1-30). Just don't cross the 4x SKU limit. I was semi-worried about mixing the same game from 2 systems (Like Modern Warfare on Xbox + PS4) but that didn't flag me. :beer:

Just make sure if you don't have the barcode they ring it up correctly on the right system. I've had them mistakingly ring up a NBA2k20 on switch instead of Xbox, and if I had 4 on cooldown I'd have been screwed!
On similar lines, I'll add, that some standard games and "special edition" games apparently share the same SKU's.

The sports games are common, and honestly, easy fillers. /sigh

Thank you very much for the information! I usually limit myself to 3 of the same SKU because I've had employees ring up the wrong Pokemon game before. I should theoretically be good to go on Tuesday or Wednesday if that's the case.

Anyone know what the official online return policy for used games is and if there has been a change recently?  I thought that it was 30 days;  the web site and packing slips say `30 days for most items.'  I'm assuming that `most items' is just meant to exclude things that generally aren't returnable at all, like digital codes, but the online `pre-owned guarantee' does say:

Products with a pre-owned guarantee have been carefully tested and are guaranteed to work. If you are not completely satisfied, simply return the product within 7 days for your money back or within 30 days of purchase for an identical exchange.

I had a manager of a store I haven't gone to in a while insist that _was_ the online policy and wouldn't let me return something because I was 9 days past the date on the packing slip and that the 30 days that's mentioned is just for defective items. The store I usually go to also claims that there's just a 7 day return policy for used items but has always done the return (although they make a big deal out of how they're `doing me a favor').  Are these guys full of it or have I missed something?

Wow really shocked how much certain games jumped in value. With the current deal you’re actually getting more than you would have trading them in back in November

Anyone know what the official online return policy for used games is and if there has been a change recently? I thought that it was 30 days; the web site and packing slips say `30 days for most items.' I'm assuming that `most items' is just meant to exclude things that generally aren't returnable at all, like digital codes, but the online `pre-owned guarantee' does say:

Products with a pre-owned guarantee have been carefully tested and are guaranteed to work. If you are not completely satisfied, simply return the product within 7 days for your money back or within 30 days of purchase for an identical exchange.

I had a manager of a store I haven't gone to in a while insist that _was_ the online policy and wouldn't let me return something because I was 9 days past the date on the packing slip and that the 30 days that's mentioned is just for defective items. The store I usually go to also claims that there's just a 7 day return policy for used items but has always done the return (although they make a big deal out of how they're `doing me a favor'). Are these guys full of it or have I missed something?
While it seems the policy is indeed 7 days, I have only ever had one person deny a return based on the date on the packing slip (happened to be a SL). They cannot go off the date on the packing slip because of how long shipping could take, which is why most employees give some leeway.

$5 towards the AC physcial game, each time I come with a bag of games. It's all that's required for the +$5 promotion.

I don't think you can put $5 to the Switch Console to get the promotion .. I think it must be an actual game [not a console].

The console was paid for when it became available for pre-order.

Otherwise the 4/$20 is slow, unless you have the guts (balls for male), to actually flip 40+ games with a straight face, hold a conversation, thank them, give the employees 30% GPG's, walk out, then flip them to another GS. After tax/ GPG "tax": $1.50 for a poor performing game, or $2.50 for a better one, with the 10% pro bonus included. That's the gain.

In bulk, everything is better :)

[If you stiff GPG's, your chance of being hit by a JD rise dramatically ...GPG's are only $1 per 4/20 game and count the same as a $3 GPG for a switch title GPG to the person working .. they are worth alot to employees.]
Oh I misunderstood, you're recouping what you paid for the AC Switch, gotcha. Thank you for the tips, I might give it a go if I have time. Store closings have been a pain in my area since the only ones left either don't have easy parking or are kinda far.

GameStop always has the big trade promo after the big B2GX promo , which makes sense for their inventory and for most of you here, but it'd be so beneficial to me to sell all my crap knowing I can buy it back in a week vs never knowing if they're gonna ruin sales forever before the next chance, let alone not being able to keep the games for a while and beat them

To start off, I can confirm I was able to use the February Rewards certificate for $10 PSN. Guy said it's been working without a hitch as of yesterday.
Does GS have $10 PSN cards? Or is it a register code? I would probably use the $5 for Live credit but don't want to buy a $15 card each month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back