2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting this! Gonna dump off Division2 right now. Those top switch games with the accessory bonus+pro should make values $45.50each. I got a nice batch I'm sitting on.
Notice how they added the $49.99 and up so the little $0.99 piggy wouldn't trigger the 20%... and I have a feeling there will be some tighter rules on needing to pay off the entire accessory to use the bonus. :dunce:

Notice how they added the $49.99 and up so the little $0.99 piggy wouldn't trigger the 20%... and I have a feeling there will be some tighter rules on needing to pay off the entire accessory to use the bonus. :dunce:
I bought some of those 'lil piggies.

They actually work as a suction cup phone holder. I can't complain. 90 cents well spent.

Sorry you had to go through that. What happened with your XBL/PSN/NN/Steam accounts? I don't do family law but I was always curious what would happen to those accounts if they were shared
So I didn't lose the games in my divorce but rather during the marriage. I was in a very tough spot financially. Made decisions to sell off a bunch of Xbox 360 and PS3 games and limited edition consoles. Felt a roof over my head and food on the table was more important. I look back and wish I never did sold those items. I wish I instead found a different avenue or just left her before it got worse.

As far as digital accounts during a divorce. I don't know but if I had to guess the owner of the account just keeps it.

It's tough finding good condition of the games and consoles I lost let alone finding certain titles. I am slowly rebuying what I can find. I am loving the 4 for 10 and 4 for 20.

Okay, I have my monthly coupon but my PUR Pro expires in the middle of the month. Will I be able to use or even still have my coupon when membership expires???

Also, does anyone know if you can ue the monthly coupon for a preorder and then the next month's coupon when you pick it up?
As far as I know, once you get the coupons you keep them until used or expired. So you should still have it even after your membership lapses up until the coupon expires.

No coupons on pre orders.

How did you find out you were unbanned? You just attempted a trade and it went thru? I was banned in late December and tried to trade in a few days ago and it still wasn't lifted yet. Been using my gf account for flips.

Today's suppose to be the last day allegedly.....
I just tried to trade in some old games I had with me while buying new ones and it went through.

Does trading each game automatically get $5 on top of the base tiv or do you have to preorder 1 game to trigger the $5? What games do people recommend preorder?

Does trading each game automatically get $5 on top of the base tiv or do you have to preorder 1 game to trigger the $5? What games do people recommend preorder?
1 game must be preordered, the $5 bonus will then trigger on any trade in with a base of $2. Preorder anything you’re interested in really, unless you plan to cancel then just go with something that comes out soon like Yakuza next week and then say you changed your mind when it releases

Man their deal of the day has turned to bullshit over the last few weeks eh? They finally had something that held my interest each day and now it's just boring half ass "deals".

It's important to note here that you can trade in with multiple transactions toward the same pre-order to get the $5 bonus.

For example, I started a pre-order for Torchlight II for Xbox One (a game that will cost $19.99 upon release), traded in some games toward it but only put $5 down that time, and then I went back on a different day with some more games, and paid off the rest of the pre-order with those games. The bonus applied each time even though the second employee didn't think that it would. So you could just put $5 toward the pre-order multiple times if you want.

Torchlight II for PS4 or Xbox One is a good game to choose if you are looking for a cheap game to get the $5 bonus to pop. The idea of spending $59.99 or $49.99 on one game is abhorrent to me at this point, but I wanted something cheap that I might actually play, so $19.99 isn't too bad. And Torchlight is a good series if you like games such as Diablo.

I don't like doing these bonuses and then cancelling the pre-order because it counts against the GameStop employees who get the cancelled pre-order under their numbers. I'd rather pick up the game and then exchange it for something else if I decide that I don't want to keep it.

Here are the names of the $19.99 games that can currently be pre-ordered at GameStop.

Galak-Z and Skulls of the Shogun: Bone-a-fide Premium Pack (PS4)

Hell Warders (PS4)

Soldam: Drop, Connect, Erase (PS4)

Those Who Remain (XB1)

Torchlight II (PS4)

Torchlight II (XB1)

Torchlight II is the only Xbox One game on the GameStop website that can be pre-ordered at that price. There weren't any $19.99 Switch games on the Coming Soon tab.

Did I miss out on the Phantom Thieves edition of Persona 5 Royal if I haven't preordered it? Or can I still preorder it in-store? I've heard stores are taking preorders til beginning of March - is that true?

The Launch Day Edition is still available, but I tried to preorder the Phantom Thieves Edition 2 weeks ago in store and was told they were sold out.

Did I miss out on the Phantom Thieves edition of Persona 5 Royal if I haven't preordered it? Or can I still preorder it in-store? I've heard stores are taking preorders til beginning of March - is that true?

Thanks, assumed it was pre-owned and I could do the 4 for $10 but guess not. Still Xbox trade in value is $11 right now +$5 bonus which is pretty good if you wanted to buy some now and trade them in (and return next week using old receipt)
The risk is that it would sell out quickly at that price and you'd be stuck having paid $40 for it new.

It's important to note here that you can trade in with multiple transactions toward the same pre-order to get the $5 bonus.

For example, I started a pre-order for Torchlight II for Xbox One (a game that will cost $19.99 upon release), traded in some games toward it but only put $5 down that time, and then I went back on a different day with some more games, and paid off the rest of the pre-order with those games. The bonus applied each time even though the second employee didn't think that it would. So you could just put $5 toward the pre-order multiple times if you want.

Torchlight II for PS4 or Xbox One is a good game to choose if you are looking for a cheap game to get the $5 bonus to pop. The idea of spending $59.99 or $49.99 on one game is abhorrent to me at this point, but I wanted something cheap that I might actually play, so $19.99 isn't too bad. And Torchlight is a good series if you like games such as Diablo.

I don't like doing these bonuses and then cancelling the pre-order because it counts against the GameStop employees who get the cancelled pre-order under their numbers. I'd rather pick up the game and then exchange it for something else if I decide that I don't want to keep it.
Yeah, someone reported this before but my local store refused to even try to apply the games I was trading to a pre-existing preorder (that hadn't yet been paid off). Can't stand how the employees block stuff that the POS allows.

Yeah, someone reported this before but my local store refused to even try to apply the games I was trading to a pre-existing preorder (that hadn't yet been paid off). Can't stand how the employees block stuff that the POS allows.
The second employee tried to tell me the same thing, but I asked him to try it anyway, and it did work on my existing one. It can't hurt to go back on a different day to see if someone else is working there. They might be willing. If not, just start a new pre-order and cancel it later.

The second employee tried to tell me the same thing, but I asked him to try it anyway, and it did work on my existing one. It can't hurt to go back on a different day to see if someone else is working there. They might be willing. If not, just start a new pre-order and cancel it later.
So are these working on preordering anything, or just those select few games? I don't want much right now that's coming out at GameStop prices, but I wouldn't mind buying some eShop credit. I have a few $2 games I'm not playing any more at least.

Similarly I'm wondering if I'd get burned this weekend if I traded in a game towards a pro controller for the bump, and then returned the controller unopened for credit.

I very rarely GameStop these days so I'm rusty on how things are done nowadays.

So are these working on preordering anything, or just those select few games? I don't want much right now that's coming out at GameStop prices, but I wouldn't mind buying some eShop credit. I have a few $2 games I'm not playing any more at least.

Similarly I'm wondering if I'd get burned this weekend if I traded in a game towards a pro controller for the bump, and then returned the controller unopened for credit.

I very rarely GameStop these days so I'm rusty on how things are done nowadays.
You can preorder any upcoming games in order to get the bump. I was just responding to the poster who asked what the cheapest games were that could be preordered at GameStop. And several people are planning on either cancelling their preorders or picking up the games when they come out and then returning or exchanging them. It's pretty much up to you as to how you want to handle it.

You can preorder any upcoming games in order to get the bump. I was just responding to the poster who asked what the cheapest games were that could be preordered at GameStop. And several people are planning on either cancelling their preorders or picking up the games when they come out and then returning or exchanging them. It's pretty much up to you as to how you want to handle it.
Awesome. Thanks!

Ive lost about 50,000 lifetime points and 15,000 active points. The active ones at least fluctuate from negative 2000 to positive 6000.

Looks like Gamestop is trying something new with a weekly bump. It starts in next week's ad.

Dt29c0s.jpg

Looks like Gamestop is trying something new with a weekly bump. It starts in next week's ad.

Dt29c0s.jpg
There's some Switch games currently bumped, such as Super Smash, Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Mario Maker 2, Luigi's Mansion 3. All with a $35 base, or $43.50 with this weeks current promo.

Hopefully, when the ad comes out we'll be able to click that portion to get the full MWT search list for that week (and not just a few titles). That'd be a welcome addition since the search sorting is busted.

There's some Switch games currently bumped, such as Super Smash, Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Mario Maker 2, Luigi's Mansion 3. All with a $35 base, or $43.50 with this weeks current promo.

Hopefully, when the ad comes out we'll be able to click that portion to get the full MWT search list for that week (and not just a few titles). That'd be a welcome addition since the search sorting is busted.
Doesn't the $5 bonus end this week though? Don't remember seeing that in the ad.

Doesn't the $5 bonus end this week though? Don't remember seeing that in the ad.
It does, sadly. Replaced by a 20% bonus if you spend $50 on an accessory.

I was just mentioning that there are still some big bumps, although they are less than transparent, unless you do alot of searching, or someone tells you about them .. or gives you the MWT search string.

The games they show though don't really have much of a different payout compared to this week. Like $38 this week, or $38.50 next week, for base $30 this week vs base $35 next week, meh. If thats what you mean, I do agree.

The 20% could work well for large trades involving pricey games with bumps .. need to see how big the MWT list is. Hopefully it's not just the several games shown.

Anyone ever have any luck getting the B-day coupon when it's not sent to you? My b-day was a few days ago but no coupon. I was hoping that, since I actually got the $5 PUR coupon that they fixed the issue with me seemingly not getting communication from them but doesn't seem like the case. 

I know I should call but I just don't know if it's worth spending hr + on hold since they have not fixed issues of mine that date back to BF. 

Anyone ever have any luck getting the B-day coupon when it's not sent to you? My b-day was a few days ago but no coupon. I was hoping that, since I actually got the $5 PUR coupon that they fixed the issue with me seemingly not getting communication from them but doesn't seem like the case.

I know I should call but I just don't know if it's worth spending hr + on hold since they have not fixed issues of mine that date back to BF.
FWIW, I emailed GS last month regarding the bd coupon and they said it's not a part of the rewards program anymore.

I'm sure ymmv with getting an answer but I didnt fight it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back