2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
you're welcome, buddy... from one dave to the next. i know i'm personally going buck wild on the gs website tonight now that cag16 is working again... and i remember the good old days when gs had preowned dvds... i even remember moviestop.
Yea, there is even a 20% off collectables without needing to buy that $5 bag as well... now if only they didn't charge tax online! :bomb:

Yeah that sucks. CAG16 negates tax at least so it's like no tax plus about 7% off. Really miss that elite pro discount. Hopefully some prices drop a bit before the b2g1.

just keep in mind all returns are subject to a manager's approval and they have the right to refuse returns for any reason. i would personally keep those six copies of those games. they may have cost you $30 but if you keep them on a shelf for the rest of your life it'll also teach a valuable lesson about making bad decisions that'll stick with you for a lifetime that far exceeds the 30 bucks you spent.
HOLY $(*&!

That burn was just off the charts.

giphy.gif

Also, I consider GPGs worthless. But buy them to keep the people I like at the store employed to help me rip the company off.

It feels like a piece of me that's been missing for weeks has finally been reunited with the whole.

I am weeping openly; see how it moistens my keyboard!  *Splash, splash*

(I am NOT eye-watering about CAG16, if there is any confusion)

Does buy 2get1 apply to the monthly $5 certificate.
Yep, as long as you apply it to the highest value game. So right now: BotW @ 48, Odyssey @ 50 and Ultimate @ 55. Apply the monthly cert to Ultimate, and then you have a fairly even B2G1 deal going. :D/ Not the best deal in the world, but not terrible!

(B2G1 isn't actually going on right now nor confirmed for next week, but with amazon and target doing it wouldn't be surprised if GS did - hopefully see more price drops on pre-owned soon!)

Samurai showdown worth the $8?
Yes, it's a great fighting game. I picked it up awhile back for around $15 and saw it has been dropping in price at Gamestop the last few weeks. I am happy with it for $15 so $8 is an absolute steal. The Switch version comes out really soon too which is retailing for $50 and probably won't drop in price nearly as fast as the PS4 release has, which is the better version of the game anyway.

Samurai showdown worth the $8?
Yes, it's a great fighting game. I picked it up awhile back for around $15 and saw it has been dropping in price at Gamestop the last few weeks. I am happy with it for $15 so $8 is an absolute steal. The Switch version comes out really soon too which is retailing for $50 and probably won't drop in price nearly as fast as the PS4 release has, which is the better version of the game anyway.
Tempted again by this. Also keep in mind this was one of the converted titles, so you might get a sealed new copy.

Got an email this morning that mentions a President's Day sale 2/15 - 2/17. Does anyone possibly have any details on the sale? I know there are more capable dataminers around here than me.

Perhaps this is why the B2G1 is happening?

Got an email this morning that mentions a President's Day sale 2/15 - 2/17. Does anyone possibly have any details on the sale? I know there are more capable dataminers around here than me.

Perhaps this is why the B2G1 is happening?
Last week the ad for this week (2/9-2/15) was already available Wed night. Looks like they're behind schedule.

GameStop seems to be dropping some used prices on top games to beat Walmart: BotW & Jedi Fallen Order are $48, Death Stranding is $45, & RDR 2 is $30.

Hi Folks, I am new here so please forgive me if I'm just being thick for not figuring it out, but is there somewhere I can find out what the abbreviations people use mean?  For example SL and GL have me a bit confused.   Thank you! 

Hi Folks, I am new here so please forgive me if I'm just being thick for not figuring it out, but is there somewhere I can find out what the abbreviations people use mean? For example SL and GL have me a bit confused. Thank you!
This one is a good starter

https://www.reddit.com/r/GameStop/comments/5blfs8/acronyms_in_the_workplace/

I truly believe there was a website devoted to a complete list, rather just conversation contributions.

I can't find it at this time .. but maybe this is a good starter resource.

Hope it helps!

Every store near me that had Samurai Showdown this morning has already sold out by noon lol. 8 bucks is the hot price I guess.

You would probably get $25. There are videos on YouTube that show how to restore an Xbox using a flash drive, and if in fact the hard drive is gone, how to replace that yourself. Both are pretty simple.

This is a straight forward written guide: https://www.pcsavants.com/tech-tips/xbox-one-internal-hard-drive-upgrade-replacement/
Thanks, I've been trying to get it to work for days now. I've tried offline update and factory resetting multiple times and it gets to 50% before crashing and rebooting. I was thinking about replacing the HDD hoping that would do it, but was wondering if I should trade it in and just get a new one.

Thanks, I've been trying to get it to work for days now. I've tried offline update and factory resetting multiple times and it gets to 50% before crashing and rebooting. I was thinking about replacing the HDD hoping that would do it, but was wondering if I should trade it in and just get a new one.
Amazon is having a good sale on Seagate 1TB hybrid drives too. It's a traditional hard drive with a small SSD cache, they work pretty well in consoles.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H2549QS/

What if any cash back programs do y'all use when shopping on GameStop's website?  I noticed that Rakuten works even when spending "gift cards" just not at the advertised %, but hey I'll take every penny.  Do any of you have different / better options or experience?

They really need something to happen. No major price drops/sales in almost 2 months for a company severely in decline. Their B2G1 (same with all the other retailers) is completely pointless without price drops. I havent been in much in the last 2 weeks, but every time I have been in across multiple stores it's either empty or people are just buying pops.
I think somewhere in one of the big meetings they just threw their hands up... They dont seem to really be taking it serious enough and are not even remotely trying to make big moves to be competitive at all... Simple things like price matching is still not a thing in ever store and those deals of the day are nice but online only, WTF cuts off half of the buyers and then the shipping kills the deal.... The company is going to die and its because the people on top just wont focus on anything besides maximum profits...

If Gamestop does go down.. I have many fond memories. Since it's the end I may as well pillage their gaming goods so I can maximize my video game room and eBay store.

About 10 years or so a giant FYE closed and the clearances were HUGE! PS1, PS2, XBOX, NGC etc for .10c - $3.00 range and tons for the picking.. :O~ Excellent times.

What if any cash back programs do y'all use when shopping on GameStop's website? I noticed that Rakuten works even when spending "gift cards" just not at the advertised %, but hey I'll take every penny. Do any of you have different / better options or experience?
check caskbackmonitor. it's a cb aggregator and will list all the best ones to use.

you may upset richassgamer cheapd though, he prefer you to make your purchase through his links.

Just got an update for the GameStop app and it looks like the website cart is finally synching with the app cart. Maybe it's a sign GameStop is finally getting their act together.

So I was checking the balance of one of my gift cards and noticed a debit on 2/3 for $233. I have been trying to think of what it could possibly be and have not been able to. I have checked my order history and nothing matches. I was only in one GameStop that day and I didn't bring that card with me. Hopefully I can call customer service tomorrow and they can tell me what it was for.

Anyone know when the next Guaranteed to Love game is coming out? I have 160k points I want to convert over to gift cards.
I'm wondering the same thing.

I asked an associate tonight if he knew what, if any, upcoming games would be G2L, and he said that corporate sets that ( :wall: obviously) and they don't necessarily know until they receive an email telling them what's in the program.

I was hoping it would've been Darksiders Genesis, but that looks unlikely. So now I'm pinning my hopes on Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

People in this thread: wonder why GS is seeing losses, they really need to do something

Also people in this thread: can't wait to buy $500 in games and resell them to GS for $1500, that will top me out on my second account after all the games I converted to digital

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back