2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are already allegations that the Coronavirus started from a top-secret Bio lab in China.

But that won't stop some people from bitching about how they want cheap China goods & electronics.  Support the government that creates the super flu .. thanks, Stephen King.

To all the Dave's out there, have a blessed day!

/twiddle ... waiting for this supposed GS Tax-Days sale.  Hrmm..

Has anyone had luck buying $10 games online, returning them in-store and repurchasing to get the 4 for 20? Not sure why you couldn't do it, just might be a dick thing to do.
The stores I visit don't mind doing it because I always give them good surveys, but I'd try to do it when it's slow. Some employees don't know how to do online returns and will just mark "No Receipt" instead of manually typing everything in, but you could get an employee that cares too much about doing things the right way/is highly unskilled and takes forever to type the info in.

Why do people think they are going to make a career for themselves at GameStop?

What’s the difference between GameStop and any other retail store job?

GameStop job is a stop, it’s a job don’t take it seriously the pay isn’t good and what do you expect out of it. If your manager barks at you there’s nothing you can do lol just be like ok.

Jeff bezos is praised but working at a amazon warehouse is horrible, they bark at you every 15 mins on the dot really every 15 mins, when it’s slow they scan your badge to see if your meeting your quota and obviously your not cause the machine might be down or the truck is late so what happens you get written up and sent home. The break room is lined with snacks out in the open but they are not free. They time your bathroom breaks...a girl gave birth in the bathroom and went back to work lol how do people praise amazon so much lol. And yet knock a small company like GameStop expecting better pay and better treatment to employees lol

Stfu

The stores I visit don't mind doing it because I always give them good surveys, but I'd try to do it when it's slow. Some employees don't know how to do online returns and will just mark "No Receipt" instead of manually typing everything in, but you could get an employee that cares too much about doing things the right way/is highly unskilled and takes forever to type the info in.
Make sure you are putting money/credit into the transaction and they should not care. Same as the buy 2 get one, if one store has two games and the other has one go to the store with one game first otherwise the store is returning two game so they can also lose inventory and get no revenue. Dont buy four games online and return them to one store and expect them to be happy about giving you half your money back.spread it out if you can.

Mine too well I got at least $250 on one trade card that I’m saving for next gen...if anything happens I’ll just buy a switch and sell it for cash. Spending one trade card on the animal crossing switch and animal crossing. And I got another trade card for deals and small flips which would end up being used for next gen as well.
I'd just be worried if they stopped allowing credit to be used on gaming cards like Xbox... that's one of my current "credit-out" plans - buy a ton of Xbox cards for MS store credit and then buy a surface or laptop. :bs:

I'd just be worried if they stopped allowing credit to be used on gaming cards like Xbox... that's one of my current "credit-out" plans - buy a ton of Xbox cards for MS store credit and then buy a surface or laptop. :bs:
I’m more worried about Xbox not allowing me to buy a console with ms credit. Either buying a switch and cashing out is the exit plan. I live in a big city so there’s still a GameStop on every other corner. Only 2 closed around here during January.

There are already allegations that the Coronavirus started from a top-secret Bio lab in China.

But that won't stop some people from bitching about how they want cheap China goods & electronics. Support the government that creates the super flu .. thanks, Stephen King.

To all the Dave's out there, have a blessed day!

/twiddle ... waiting for this supposed GS Tax-Days sale. Hrmm..
*Tax-Daves sale.

Don't let me down, Gamestop.

Keep in mind that $1,000 is the max that you can use on a single purchase through the website via Gift Card balance.

Keep in mind that $1,000 is the max that you can use on a single purchase through the website via Gift Card balance.
What type of cheapass do you take me for, of course I'd get a last gen clearance item for < 500! :D/

szhNLEV.jpg

What type of cheapass do you take me for, of course I'd get a last gen clearance item for < 500! :D/

szhNLEV.jpg
Thinking more Next Gen Console, Accessories, Games etc all at once or getting a Gaming Laptop with good specs that aren't going to be outdated in a year. Figured someone might be thankful for that small tidbit of information though.

I’m more worried about Xbox not allowing me to buy a console with ms credit. Either buying a switch and cashing out is the exit plan. I live in a big city so there’s still a GameStop on every other corner. Only 2 closed around here during January.
Can trade credit also be use for PSN currency cards?

One thing I've repeatedly noticed in all of these articles is the assertion that the reason gamestop is failing, is because customers are turning to digital games in droves, and while that may technically be true, they never mention that the reason that is happening is because gamestop pushed them there by making shopping at GameStop a generally miserable experience.

I agree 100%. The only digital games that I purchased is unravel for the PS4, 3 PS1 games on my Vita and one 3DS game that I can't remember the name of it right now. I own over 300 physical games. Ive slowly stopped going there because of the customer service experience. Not bcause things are going to digital. I'm pretty sure news reporters can't outright say that their customer service experience sucks. So they blame it on digital sales. while the community knows the truth

Why on earth would Microsoft not let you buy the new Xbox with credit?

I just want to point out the fact too that most brick-and-mortar stores don't have to push ridiculous products.
I've never seen a Walmart employee push anything they just ring up your stuff. Target pushes their red card that gives 5% off to all of their sales for FREE so why wouldn't you own it? They also push their store card but if you don't have very good credit is actually a very good card to own because it also gives you the 5% off.
Best Buy used to push their membership program but who wouldn't want to get money off a brand new game? And their other membership program gives you points every time you purchase stuff from them for FREE. And their Visa credit card does the same exact thing.

$20 for GameStop reward program and you get $60 of that back after a year (if they are still in business) but you only get it $5 every month. 10% off Pre Owned (which you can get 10% off if you just shop on eBay) 10% extra for trade-ins (which you could get more money if you just sell it yourself). Oh and some extra points that take forever to accumulate. Meanwhile you get harassed every time you go into the store to sell your old stuff and phone.

Digital sales isn't killing Gamestop. GameStop is killing GameStop

Make sure you are putting money/credit into the transaction and they should not care. Same as the buy 2 get one, if one store has two games and the other has one go to the store with one game first otherwise the store is returning two game so they can also lose inventory and get no revenue. Dont buy four games online and return them to one store and expect them to be happy about giving you half your money back.spread it out if you can.
I always make sure to spend what I get back so it doesn't negatively impact them so much, usually I'll just get another set of 4. Thanks for looking out.

For anyone thinking about buying Assassin's Creed Odyssey Gold Edition on Xbox Live, GS has the steelbook version for $38.97 right now. Granted, I ordered one and it was "GameStop new" but the season pass worked fine.

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/xbox-one/games/products/assassins-creed-odyssey-steelbook-gold-edition/10163524.html
Around the holidays, a local store converted a bunch of them to the same price as regular versions so I got it for a steal of a price, but holy hell is it hard to get it out of the slip case. Didn't know if it is like that for all of them or not, but there was no damage to my Steelbook or anything, but i still have to wrench it out, for some reason

Around the holidays, a local store converted a bunch of them to the same price as regular versions so I got it for a steal of a price, but holy hell is it hard to get it out of the slip case. Didn't know if it is like that for all of them or not, but there was no damage to my Steelbook or anything, but i still have to wrench it out, for some reason
It's not just you--I have to wriggle the steelbook out of the slipcover every time for my PS4 version. I'm glad it won't slip and fall out, but yikes.

One thing I've repeatedly noticed in all of these articles is the assertion that the reason gamestop is failing, is because customers are turning to digital games in droves, and while that may technically be true, they never mention that the reason that is happening is because gamestop pushed them there by making shopping at GameStop a generally miserable experience.
Another thing these articles and videos don't seem to mention is what a shit show their website is. How often it is broken during sales. How using credit for game currency can fail etc.

It is amazing to me how bad their website is and how it frequently fails during sales. I pretty much never order on gamestop.com

If I don't have credit to burn and everyone is selling the new consoles at the same price why would I buy it from Gamestop.com? I can order from Amazon.com or BestBuy.com and have it delivered. Have my order go through and actually ship.

I had an issue with my launch day PS4 from Amazon. It came on launch day no problem. The controller had an issue with one of the shoulder buttons. I was able to chat Amazon on there website. It took a bit of prodding and a bunch of time. They basically gave me enough credit to buy a new controller from them. So I did. They didn't even what the defective one back.

I didn't have to set foot in a physical store. I pre-ordered the day it was announced and had no real issue with the order or anything.

I won't even remotely considering ordering a PS5 or XBox One Series X on gamestop.com. Probably not in store either.

Apparently there is another round of DL purges happening right now.
Store closings are coming soon I'd expect

Apparently there is another round of DL purges happening right now.
Store closings are coming soon I'd expect
I was just thinking we are due for more soon if the timeline was to be believed. I think it has a lot to do with when leases are coming up though.

Another thing these articles and videos don't seem to mention is what a shit show their website is. How often it is broken during sales. How using credit for game currency can fail etc.

It is amazing to me how bad their website is and how it frequently fails during sales. I pretty much never order on gamestop.com
The real irony of that is that before the redesign, the website was a basic, but wholly functional product that was easy to use and navigate.

After the redesign, it was a buggy mess that didn't work half the time, was changed to force people to spend more time on it in order to find what they want, and actively worked to remove any ability to try to save money, as possible.

The real irony of that is that before the redesign, the website was a basic, but wholly functional product that was easy to use and navigate.

After the redesign, it was a buggy mess that didn't work half the time, was changed to force people to spend more time on it in order to find what they want, and actively worked to remove any ability to try to save money, as possible.
When I was looking through the T-shirts when they were on clearance online, I got fed up of hitting the Load More button at least 7 times, then I just gave up. The old site, I would just scroll down to the bottom of the page and hit show 50 per page and it saved me time.

I won't even remotely considering ordering a PS5 or XBox One Series X on gamestop.com. Probably not in store either.
Me neither. Simply don't trust them. Back in 2014, I bought a "new" PS3 at a GS and it was clearly scratched up and in used condition when opened. They have a culture of viewing opened items as new, and not just the whole "last copy unwrapped" thing. I was stunned to find out it pertains to shipping too. This past Black Friday, I bought a "New" game on Gamestop.com and it was unwrapped when it got to me and very clearly not brand new. No idea if it was pre-owned or the infamous "display copy" from somewhere. I had thought that nonsense only happened in-store but nope. Just reeks of cheapness. Call me naive but when I buy something in "New" condition on a retail website, I expect it to arrive in New condition. At least when you're in-store, you have a choice whether to choose the unwrapped 'last copy standing' or pass it up. Online, you shouldn't have to wonder if your New game is actually New or an opened copy from Paducah.

TIV is the only reason I step inside a GS anymore. I got $25 for "Outer Worlds" today. BB only gives you $15 for it. I just hope I'm not saving up GS credit for what will be the liquidation mad stampede rush.

Some Twitch personality is streaming from the test stores tomorrow & Saturday.
https://twitter.com/theonlyryann/status/1229829433772535813?s=21

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back