2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like the "Most Wanted Trades" bump is from $20 to $25. Most first party Switch games got bumped to $25. I guess we'll have to expect this to be the new norm from now on. 

Did Middle Earth: Shadow of War get converted from new to used? Bought it part of the 4 for $10 on PS4 and got a new sealed copy with a used sticker on the wrapping.

I noticed that the TiV for most 3DS Pokemon games went up overnight.
It's a stealth bump for most wanted titles, just put "mwt022320" in the search bar for the titles that went up. The Minecraft PS4 Edition I traded in earlier went from $7.70 to $11 with PUR overnight.

Did Middle Earth: Shadow of War get converted from new to used? Bought it part of the 4 for $10 on PS4 and got a new sealed copy with a used sticker on the wrapping.

It's a stealth bump for most wanted titles, just put "mwt022320" in the search bar for the titles that went up. The Minecraft PS4 Edition I traded in earlier went from $7.70 to $11 with PUR overnight.
So the games that are supposed to have a bump on Sunday got them already?

Sorry no time to search the thread but I’ve stopped buying discs permanently I’m 100% digital now. Can I use trade credit to buy psn or Xbox live cards? Any restrictions? I have like 3-400 old credit just laying around need to convert it somewhere. Any other good options?

Sorry no time to search the thread but I’ve stopped buying discs permanently I’m 100% digital now. Can I use trade credit to buy psn or Xbox live cards? Any restrictions? I have like 3-400 old credit just laying around need to convert it somewhere. Any other good options?
Hi, I don't want to put in any effort, in fact I'm going to state that flat out. Please do everything for me. I'm not going to say thanks either. SMH..

Thanks for being an a hole. You sir are an integral part of this community!
Get out of here dude. You’re acting completely entitled and like a baby who needs to be spoon fed at the same time.

On a more productive note, I’m sad that it seems the days of profitable flipping and crazy deals are over for GameStop, but I’m glad I was able to hop in for the final ride. Thanks to everyone who selflessly posted about deals and loopholes without even being asked, if any of you are even still in this thread.

Somehow not surprised that a digital only person who’s presumably too lazy to switch discs is also too lazy to search for their own answers.
Well I checked the faq. Nothing. Searched quickly and didn’t find anything. So figured hey I’ve been out of the loop for a while this is probably basic knowledge someone can answer for me.

But I guess I’m old school and just wrong. This used to be a helpful community pretty sad what it has become.

Well I checked the faq. Nothing. Searched quickly and didn’t find anything. So figured hey I’ve been out of the loop for a while this is probably basic knowledge someone can answer for me.
But I guess I’m old school and just wrong. This used to be a helpful community pretty sad what it has become.
“Old school” but you didn’t know to check 3 pages back where your question was answered 50 times. Right. Oh, and the answer is yes. Spend away.

Well crap, I got some 3ds games with the b2g1 sale last week. Wonder if it'd be too late for a return/rebuy in store?
You should have 7 days to return pre-owned. If you bought them on the 16th or 17th, you could actually try the return/rebuy while the sale is live (theoretically). Otherwise, they should still qualify in the return period right now.

I've never tried a return/rebuy myself; I hear that it's definitely YMMV.

my mall GS closed last month

made out like a bandit, HARD

got borderlands 3 $100 edition for $20

most used was up to 90% off, $25 games went down $2.50, etc

“Old school” but you didn’t know to check 3 pages back where your question was answered 50 times. Right. Oh, and the answer is yes. Spend away.
To be fair, this thread is over 26,000 posts long and almost 2 years old. Methinks it is time to start a fresh one.

I actually came here just to ask for a new thread. :). I gave up on this site ages ago because it is impossible to find information.

More on topic - $300 for an X1X seems like a great price. Is that the lowest it has been?

More on topic - $300 for an X1X seems like a great price. Is that the lowest it has been?
Within the last coupla months, it went down to $250 at GS...think it was for the leftover 2K19 NBA bundle. I was up for a 1X at some point but now saving up for Series X.

Going to try to pick up these titles.

Blue Dragon - 9.99

Ninja Gaiden 2 - 12.99

Call of Duty 2 9.99

Call of Duty 3 9.99

Call of Duty Black ops1 - 9.99

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 - 4.99

Call of Duty World at War 7.99

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith - 9.99

Dragon Quest Vii 3ds 19.99

Call of Duty Black Ops 2 - 19.99

Yeah B2G2 is good. Gotta put together a list of games I’m missing from last gen
B1G1 is much less frustrating for last-gen, I picked up all the remaining games I needed for the kids' Wii U library then. I wonder when the PS2 mini is coming... then PS3 mini.... :whistle2:

I would agree it is about time to start a new thread. It would probably make sense to do so every few months.
The benefit of having one ginormous thread is you can search thru it for some specific keywords, though this forum isn't the greatest feature-wise.

Let’s hope with the upcoming ad week, comes new deals of the day. These headset deals are pretty lame day after day especially with no games offered.

You can generally see the new week's daily deals once they drop the new ad.

On the DOTD page, if you hover over the Deals of the Day tab, you can see what search query it's using. You can take that and type it in the URL and replace the date to see what will be offered that day. Basically, the query string is "q=dotdMMDDYY".

And spoiler...there will be more headsets this week  :lol:

Apparently there is another round of DL purges happening right now.
Store closings are coming soon I'd expect
Makes sense. Went to a father away GameStop today because most games are out of stock in the ones near me. Dude was all alone, apparently they transferred him from somewhere else because all the employees at that spot quit. He was trying to do a system trade in with a customer, while calling the DL, with a huge line forming, store all a mess. How the fuck do you get only one employee working a store? It was also one of those GameStop's where you get the camera warning when you walk in so it obviously want a safe store to begin with so he shouldn't even have been alone.

You can generally see the new week's daily deals once they drop the new ad.

On the DOTD page, if you hover over the Deals of the Day tab, you can see what search query it's using. You can take that and type it in the URL and replace the date to see what will be offered that day. Basically, the query string is "q=dotdMMDDYY".

And spoiler...there will be more headsets this week :lol:
That's awesome info, thank you! Not the more headsets part.. ;+)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back