2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
What are some games to look for?
Mainly the Niche titles. You're classic Nintendo hits will always hold value (Mario kart, super Mario, Zelda, etc.) but I'm usually looking for rarer games, since there's a million of the first party games out there.

Although I will say the Pokemon DS titles would be a big deal, but those things are faked constantly. Has anyone had any luck/failure with pokemon DS games at GameStop?

Mainly the Niche titles. You're classic Nintendo hits will always hold value (Mario kart, super Mario, Zelda, etc.) but I'm usually looking for rarer games, since there's a million of the first party games out there.
Although I will say the Pokemon DS titles would be a big deal, but those things are faked constantly. Has anyone had any luck/failure with pokemon DS games at GameStop?
Recieved one fake copy of each Heartgold and SoulSilver. My order of two White Version 2 copies- one was in great condition, other had label damage and did not work. Rest of the orders were fine

You can generally see the new week's daily deals once they drop the new ad.

On the DOTD page, if you hover over the Deals of the Day tab, you can see what search query it's using. You can take that and type it in the URL and replace the date to see what will be offered that day. Basically, the query string is "q=dotdMMDDYY".

And spoiler...there will be more headsets this week :lol:
This is very good to know.. but honestly, I usually just check out Gamestop and Best Buy's DotD at the same time.

Very thin margins but there is flipping potential for 3DS between the B2G2 and MWT.
Indeed .. only like 20% gain over what was spent, but I guess if I do it a bunch of times, there might be a free Pokemon Dungeons game in it for me.

The problem is that most of the premium titles are not available in my local stores, according to searches. So YMMV. Still better than last week. I have no problem buying multiples of the same game, if need be to get the optimal B2G2 deal.

****Now**** .. what WOULD be interesting is if the POS is broken and the sale ends up working for current gen too. Boomerang fest all around. It seems the POS had problems with the previous $5 bonus per next gen game .. working for any and all games, where it should not have.

Unless that was intentional. But the GS email I got promoting the bonus specifically mentioned only PS4/XB1/Switch titles would work.

As it stands though, buy 4 games for $50+tax, flip for $63'ish.. OK.

Does anyone know if the weekly top trade value switch games overlapped last week? I'm hoping this week's values hold tomorrow at least for a little while while the new weekly values are active since I have some games from both sets to trade. Hoping, but not optimistic.

Recieved one fake copy of each Heartgold and SoulSilver. My order of two White Version 2 copies- one was in great condition, other had label damage and did not work. Rest of the orders were fine
I've gotten so many fake DS and GBA games from GS that I don't bother ordering them anymore.

You can generally see the new week's daily deals once they drop the new ad.

On the DOTD page, if you hover over the Deals of the Day tab, you can see what search query it's using. You can take that and type it in the URL and replace the date to see what will be offered that day. Basically, the query string is "q=dotdMMDDYY".

And spoiler...there will be more headsets this week :lol:
Thanks, I see tomorrow is MK11 and Lion King/Aladdin. Xbox Elite controllers on Wednesday.

Are points delayed for anyone else? It's been a few days and I haven't received any points for my transactions. It seemed to have started during the district realignment, so I wonder if that has anything to do with it. 

I haven’t noticed any points delays (knock on wood) but it has been a common issue mentioned here. New districts and new alignments could always lead to systems being updated and delays.

I am currently (Since yesterday) not able to add anything to my cart for store pick-up in the GameStop app. No matter what game or funko or whatever, it displays “PICK UP AT STORE UNAVAILABLE”. I haven’t tried the website yet - just the app. First time seeing this issue, though.

I would agree it is about time to start a new thread. It would probably make sense to do so every few months.
It seems like just an extra demand on site administrators ..?

I mean, you can simply jump to the last post from the main CAG thread listing.

Just bookmark the hierarchy of recent posts and you'll do OK .. don't bookmark a specific page - that will get annoying fast when it's outdated.

Whether there are 100 posts or 100 million posts, all that really matters is the last (several / dozen) pages.

[So you'll still be complaining for a new thread, after the new thread accumulates pages... /snore .. I really don't get it]

So you're saying new thread every 12 pages?
12 pages for new thread life. Careful examination has caused multiple scientists to carefully examine the 12 pages for new life rule. It's written in a way most people cannot understand. Scientists are baffled.

Gamers are befuddled. Scientists were unavailable for comment, but some fans & video game producers chimed in.

"You mean I can read new information in a new post from an old thread?", one Cincinnati resident asked. Most residents were confident she could, although some said she needed a new thread in order to get questions answered.

"It's all placement of information, to make people unaware of where the information actually comes from", said an Elecphonic Arts Explored executive.

"We will make all our systems better. We can do better!", said a Bluzzard representative.

"What do you honestly expect me to say?", said a manager at Take-Too-or-Three Interactivels.

12 pages contains a whole lot of info. It's clear 12 pages is, frankly, enough. Or a million.

When only the last 12 pages matter.

Yeah been having some bad luck lately. Bought a Castlevania Order of Ecclesia last week when it came back in stock and of course it's a repro.
So is there a full-proof way to spot a fake DS game? Obviously there's some visual clues with logos, font, etc. But I would think there's some "good" fakes out there. I saw in one example online, a fake wouldn't go in to sleep mode, I found that to be a cool tid bit. But is that the case with all fakes?

I just used a $25 pre-owned cert Thursday morning (on NCAA Basketball 10 for PS3)...if I try to merge that in with the B2G2 I would lose the cert savings right...anyone ever find a workaround for this kind of situation? 

So is there a full-proof way to spot a fake DS game? Obviously there's some visual clues with logos, font, etc. But I would think there's some "good" fakes out there. I saw in one example online, a fake wouldn't go in to sleep mode, I found that to be a cool tid bit. But is that the case with all fakes?
DSI and 3DS have anti counterfeit features where it won't play it and inform you.

Other than that, visual cues basically. Unless it is Pokemon HGSS with the transparent red coating.

ON  DS / 3DS:

The big check is to see if the underside is stamped NINTENDO, as an imprint.

If it is missing this... then go to auto failure mode -- do what you need to get your money back.

If the stamp is present, yet you are still not sure:

Look closely at the art labels ....the print should be very fine.   Extremely fine.  If it is blurry, in any way. it's a [likely] fake.  Blurry==BAD.

Originals are not printed "blurry".  They are printed "exact".

There used to be NintendoAge.com ... they used to have good examples of authentic games.   They got bought out by a deadbeat company.  Lovely.  I guess looking up quality examples is dead.

I'd say, compare your game to NintendoAge's database ... which works wonders when comparing what you have, against what you are considered. (You can still access Nintendoage's archives ,, even if the new owner ... stinks.)

==!!

ON DS / 3DS:

The big check is to see if the underside is stamped NINTENDO, as an imprint.

If it is missing this... then go to auto failure mode -- do what you need to get your money back.

If the stamp is present, yet you are still not sure:

Look closely at the art labels ....the print should be very fine. Extremely fine. If it is blurry, in any way. it's a [likely] fake. Blurry==BAD.

Originals are not printed "blurry". They are printed "exact".

There used to be NintendoAge.com ... they used to have good examples of authentic games. They got bought out by a deadbeat company. Lovely. I guess looking up quality examples is dead.

I'd say, compare your game to NintendoAge's database ... which works wonders when comparing what you have, against what you are considered. (You can still access Nintendoage's archives ,, even if the new owner ... stinks.)

==!!
No one ever seems to mention this but, the middle 4 letters/numbers on the lower right of the label should match the first 4 of the letters/numbers printed on the back, so your order of ecclesia has YR9E as those numbers, but since you have a fake those first four numbers on the back are probably something like ASME instead of starting with YR9E.

No one ever seems to mention this but, the middle 4 letters/numbers on the lower right of the label should match the first 4 of the letters/numbers printed on the back, so your order of ecclesia has YR9E as those numbers, but since you have a fake those first four numbers on the back are probably something like ASME instead of starting with YR9E.
That is one of the most common tips people mention. You can even do this with the case and artwork. It will match if legit.

Not sure if this is a legit back art for Pokemon SS, but the same letters/numbers are on the bottom right next to the bar code.

179729-pokemon-soulsilver-version-nintendo-ds-other.jpg

Site hasn't updated the price yet, but Pokemon sun/moon for $10 is insane. Obviously there's better/newer games in the series out, but with the B2G2 and 4 for 20, they're $5 each. I'd buy a thousand at that price if I could.

Also whoooo to CAG16 stacking! Placing a bunch of orders right now while it's live.

Their website absolutely sucks balls. I've placed several orders and each time I do, it breaks the browser and I have to swap to a different one to get anything to actually execute and complete. Chrome > Firefox > Edge > Safari ... like seriously.. it's like they won't want their credit back!   :twoguns:

As others have mentioned, ad is updated with a lots more "sales" of current gen games... but nothing interesting since no B2G1... Labo Kits for $25 is ok I guess if you were looking for one to play with. DotD is harry potter crap which is a lame surprise. 

site is a joke , no updated prices , no way to select a bunch of consoles for the preowned deals, no way to show all the games at the same time instead of that i have to click show more.

Site hasn't updated the price yet, but Pokemon sun/moon for $10 is insane. Obviously there's better/newer games in the series out, but with the B2G2 and 4 for 20, they're $5 each. I'd buy a thousand at that price if I could.

Also whoooo to CAG16 stacking! Placing a bunch of orders right now while it's live.
You are going to have to buy in store because online they will only let you add one each to the cart :+( BTW I believe someone said you can once before, but I can't remember.. can cag16 be used in store?

I bought from the B2G2 free sale:

Contra 4 (DS)

Fallout New Vegas: Ultimate Edition (PS3)

Kirby: Super Star Ultra (DS)

Mega Man ZX (DS)

Mega Man ZX Advent (DS)

Nier (PS3)

Rune Factory 2: A Fantasy Harvest Moon (DS)

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Game of The Year Edition (PS3)

I decided to get Mega Man ZX and Mega Man ZX Advent for the DS since I already have Mega Man Zero Collection for the DS.

I bought from the B2G2 free sale:

Contra 4 (DS)

Fallout New Vegas: Ultimate Edition (PS3)

Kirby: Super Star Ultra (DS)

Mega Man ZX (DS)

Mega Man ZX Advent (DS)

Nier (PS3)

Rune Factory 2: A Fantasy Harvest Moon (DS)

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Game of The Year Edition (PS3)

I decided to get Mega Man ZX and Mega Man ZX Advent for the DS since I already have Mega Man Zero Collection for the DS.
Tempted to get Mega Man ZX & Advent as well but I think Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection (switch version for me) comes out this month.

If anyone is a fan of Dragonball  and has a 3DS, "Dragonball Fusions" is a fun game. It has a temporary price drop right now so may also be good for B2G2. The turn based battle system is pretty unique, and almost any dragon ball character you can think of is a recruitable party member that can also be fused with any other character. Im not even not even a super fan but I got hooked.

I was only able to get 3 orders in with cag16. 4th order it got disabled :( I was able to place 9 orders though not sure if I should get more without cag16 that’s an extra $15 everytime😩

I'm not seeing the 20% bonus in the online ad now either. It is still showing on the website's homepage but clicking on the banner leads you to the trade promo page that doesn't say anything about the 20%.

Anybody know if the printed ad still has it today? If you show the printed ad that still has it maybe your store will still honor?

Bummer.

unrelated: Has anybody with Elite before the downgrade been able to login to their account on the website or the app? I haven't been able to login for months now, calling CS hasn't been helpful, they said my account was fine and to just make a new account...

I'm not seeing the 20% bonus in the online ad now either. It is still showing on the website's homepage but clicking on the banner leads you to the trade promo page that doesn't say anything about the 20%.

Anybody know if the printed ad still has it today? If you show the printed ad that still has it maybe your store will still honor?

Bummer.

unrelated: Has anybody with Elite before the downgrade been able to login to their account on the website or the app? I haven't been able to login for months now, calling CS hasn't been helpful, they said my account was fine and to just make a new account...
I'm not sure about the in-store flyer, but it still shows up in the pdf flyer.

HFSFUXr.jpg

I am seeing the preorder bonus here
Ok thanks I am seeing it too now. Maybe I was just hallucinating.

Did the last similar bonus have the "trade credit must be applied towards the purchase or pre-order of qualifying games" wording?

Can anybody confirm if it is indeed working today and whether or not you could just put a little bit towards the preorder and the rest on a trade card like last time?

Did the last similar bonus have the "trade credit must be applied towards the purchase or pre-order of qualifying games" wording?
Heres an old ad from Jan 5, 2020:

https://gamestop.a.bigcontent.io/v1/static/OLFSI_010520

"Trade any game and get 20% extra credit towards the pre-order or purchase of these games" (essentially Dragon Ball Z).

"Credit must be applied toward the pre-order or purchase of qualifying games."

---

Towards the end of the $5 bonus sale weeks ago, stores seemed to be getting anal about making new pre-orders. It wouldn't surprise me if this is only for new pre-orders now. It would be silly because they could just be cancelled later, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back