2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure they can say whatever the MSRP is, but the expansion just launched yesterday and it's $30. And the base game is still $3 digitally. You're better off buying a $5 PSN/XBOX card than buying it used right now.

So if a person wants to play the NY expansion right now it wouldn't make sense to buy a used copy of the base game from Gamestop for $35 then pay $30 digitally for the expansion ($65)..... or just pay for both for $33. I mean at some point, math is hard.

So the strategy is launch at half price, hope it goes #1 on steaming, then go full price 2 weeks later?

0vjlhcf.jpg
Sorry I though the $3 sale ended with the release of the expansion.

Bought Division 2 from Best Buy for $5. Traded in Division 2 to GameStop for $13.20, bought the “Tootsie Roll Mr Owl GameStop Exclusive Funko POP” while using my March $5-off coupon. Left with roughly $2.70 in credit and a lame, but exclusive, Funko POP.

There’s not much at GameStop for me to be excited for this week, especially gaming deals, but at least we have $5-off coupons.

I also noticed I haven’t received my points from the leap-year date Feb 29th and onward. Coincidence?

How long does it normally take for points from in-store purchases to show up on your account? I don't generally pay much attention to it but I just happened to notice that points from my purchases on the 28th and 29th of Feb havent been added yet. It's like 6000 points so it was noticeable.
I haven't received any points for purchases on 2/27 and 2/29. Maybe there's an issue?

What do you folks do with things like the extra code packs that come with games that you flip form BestBuy and whatnot?  Sometimes I see insert / promo codes listed on ebay, but have read it's actually against their policy.. 

I wish the best for those that have been with the company within the past 4-5 years. Looks like they are terminating people for the smallest mistakes now

https://youtu.be/yZm8ImCe7uE

What do you folks do with things like the extra code packs that come with games that you flip form BestBuy and whatnot? Sometimes I see insert / promo codes listed on ebay, but have read it's actually against their policy..
I believe you can sell the code as long as you mail the physical paper to them. You can't sell something that is digital only. Obviously people do it anyways though.

I wish the best for those that have been with the company within the past 4-5 years. Looks like they are terminating people for the smallest mistakes now

That's the second time I've seen someone say that their debt was at junk status. I know that the source article said that their debt was "pushed further into junk status", but I'm not sure the debt is actually at junk status, or there would be a bigger panic. They expect them to be able to pay their debt as of right now.

What do you folks do with things like the extra code packs that come with games that you flip form BestBuy and whatnot? Sometimes I see insert / promo codes listed on ebay, but have read it's actually against their policy..
I'll send them the code via a message and if they want the original hard copy, mail it out to them.

If you guys are selling digital codes, you can send them to the buyer but make sure you also physically mail them and get tracking. I sold an NBA 2K19 code from my Xbox One X and sent it through eBay messages, even got good feedback. But the buyer claimed their account was used without their permission and not only did PayPal refund them, but charged me a $20 chargeback fee. Selling codes like that is against the eBay TOS (and according to every message board I've been to regarding the subject, it is all my fault for not reading them and I deserve to lose my money and burn in Hell)

"According to an anonymous source for Camelot331"

... fuck

If you guys are selling digital codes, you can send them to the buyer but make sure you also physically mail them and get tracking. I sold an NBA 2K19 code from my Xbox One X and sent it through eBay messages, even got good feedback. But the buyer claimed their account was used without their permission and not only did PayPal refund them, but charged me a $20 chargeback fee. Selling codes like that is against the eBay TOS (and according to every message board I've been to regarding the subject, it is all my fault for not reading them and I deserve to lose my money and burn in Hell)

"According to an anonymous source for Camelot331"

... fuck
Camelot is TRUTH PERSONIFIED

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I have read about those horror stories, and they are exactly the thing I am trying to avoid. I guess it's a scam shitty people pull on ebay and for some reason PayPal does nothing about it. I'm sure you have read the same stuff as me, but sellers can even provide confirmation that the code was unused + sent and PayPal still often sides with the buyer. Even if their profile feedback has messages indicating they have done the same scam multiple times.. It's just weird, and makes me hesitant.

I guess I could do FaceBook or OfferUp physical sales? The most surefire why I have found by reading online is sending physically with a tracking number. But does that almost make selling left over codes not worth it due to cost / time / risk overhead??

If you're going to break the rules and sell codes, always ship out the code and never send codes via messages.

Easy way for you to get scammed and eBay will side with the buyer.

Also, take a picture of the code. If you ship it and they immediately open a claim saying the code was used, take the L but at least you have the code and can redeem it yourself before they get it in the mail.

Regarding lost points:

It seems like their network in general isn't working sometimes. Employees on the 29th were saying that they couldn't even sign people up for Pro. I hope this is not the case since I've done a few transactions, but there is the possibility that we won't receive points for transactions on specific days because they were never even registered in the system.  

As to the recent discussion on YouTube commentators:

Fanta - I enjoy his videos, when he is the sole actor.  He gets on point, and, whether it's 100% true or not, it's a fun watch.

Camelot331 - Some interesting stuff.  Mostly a vendetta against GameStop.  It's cool though, because he does highlight Facebook/Twitter/Reddit/etc.  He shows evidence.  I like that.  I don't agree with his "cancel all pre-orders now" mantra.  But he is a piece of the pie, that can't be ignored.

ReviewTechUSA (video linked earlier, with the Picard face-palm) - .... .. /sigh.  When you need to report about how other YouTubers do things in relation to GameStop, it's kind of .. not good.  Rich started out strong, but went the wrong way, for some reason.  Not much of an informative site, IMO.  I choose to not watch most of his video's, even when they are new.  I'm not convinced he knows what he is doing, other than trying to garner outrage over a topic.  Far too political & opinionated.  When I saw his commentary video about Switch Wave .. I'd rather just see the original Switch Wave video (yea it happened).

They finally got around to updating the correct value for Astral Chain, so I traded that in along with Division 2 today. Between those 2 games alone, I was only sub-$2 away from paying off Doom completely.

Coupling the Switch trade deals of the week with the 20% preorder bonus has netted me 3 fully-paid pre-orders so far (basically at least doubling the value of my out-of-pocket cost).

The "most wanted games" seem to be a decent way to trade GS points into store credit.

Use 3 certs ($25, $15, $5), to purchase a MWT game.  Pay $9.99+tax using store credit.  Use all 3 certs at once.  Trade game in for $45.50 with the pre-order bonus.

3 certs per transaction per day per customer, IIRC.  3 work, as long as they are all different values.  All good.

The loss is 36K points.  The gain is roughly $35 store credit (in moderate taxed sates).  Perhaps 50 cents less gain if you live in a highly taxed state.

In all honesty, it's easier than the GTL program (which requires specific promptness, and is thus annoying).  Plus G2L means you lose paid tax dollars.  Which sucks hard  :(

The "most wanted games" seem to be a decent way to trade GS points into store credit.

Use 3 certs ($25, $15, $5), to purchase a MWT game. Pay $9.99+tax using store credit. Use all 3 certs at once. Trade game in for $45.50 with the pre-order bonus.

3 certs per transaction per day per customer, IIRC. 3 work, as long as they are all different values. All good.

The loss is 36K points. The gain is roughly $35 store credit (in moderate taxed sates). Perhaps 50 cents less gain if you live in a highly taxed state.

In all honesty, it's easier than the GTL program (which requires specific promptness, and is thus annoying). Plus G2L means you lose paid tax dollars. Which sucks hard :(
You don't pay anything in tax if you buy a G2L game using points. It just reduces the cost of the game, so I have no idea what you're talking about. You're literally just converting 60k points to $59.99 in store credit.

You don't pay anything in tax if you buy a G2L game using points. It just reduces the cost of the game, so I have no idea what you're talking about. You're literally just converting 60k points to $59.99 in store credit.
I understand what you are talking about.

My apologies, as my way isn't as efficient as yours.

(But the timeliness of GTL is still annoying). My way is slightly less money, but way easier, and can be done in daily doses, to dump quantities of points over time.

All good.

FYI - Was at GS tonight and noticed what seemed to be bunch of converted Victor Vran - Overkill Edition games for $8.99.  They have 2 DLC included on a paper code insert.  Sure enough when I got home it had not been redeemed.  It's supposed to be a pretty good Diablo style game, and if you get it in one of the 4 for $20 deals it's lower a lower price than the all time low on Steam.

I did have trouble getting the 30% extra trade in value to activate on my trades. It would give me 20% but for some odd reason refused to trigger the 30%. I did manage to luck out again with a nice sales person though, and they gave me two of my games for free.  So I guess it all worked out anyway in the end.  I do have to say, with all the BS and horror stories that happens with GameStop, I am thankful to have some good people at my local stores! 

Can someone edit the first post to say:

​You are allowed to trade in 1 copy of the same game (same system) in one store visit.

You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Why hasn't it been updated?

You can no longer trade in more than 1 copy of the same game on your visit.

From the blogspot list:

STORES HAVING CLOSING SALES (45):

4115 - Auburn, AL - Auburn Mall, 1627 Opelika Rd.
4351 - Oxford, AL - Quintard Mall, 700 Quintard Dr. #41

2796 - Glendale, AZ - Union Hills S.C., 8251 W. Union Hills Dr.

1671 - Fair Oaks, CA - Madison Mall, 8854 Madison Ave.
5833 - Sacramento, CA - Greenback Corners, 6306 Garfield Ave.
5332 - South Gate, CA - 4181 Tweedy Blvd.
4988 - Sunnyvale, CA - Cherry Orchard, 322 W. El Camino Real

3789 - Windsor, CT - Kennedy Marketplace, 1065 Kennedy Rd.

5132 - Clermont, FL - Hancock Center, 2670 E. Hwy. 50
3695 - Tampa, FL - University Mall, 2159 University Square #261

4090 - Athens, GA - Georgia Square Mall, 3700 Atlanta Hwy. #230
6432 - Atlanta, GA - Buckhead Plaza, 2625 Piedmont Rd.

3076 - Keokuk, IA - Walmart Plaza, 3360 Main St.

2750 - O'Fallon, IL - O'Fallon S.C., 1407 W. US Hwy. 60
4893 - Springfield, IL - Parkway Point S.C., 3421 Freedom Dr.
5585 - Taylorville, IL - 1522 W. Springfield Rd.

6521 - Dunkirk, MD - Dunkirk Gateway, 2969 Plaza Dr.
7778 - Wheaton, MD - Meadow Brook Center, 11147 Viers Mill Rd.

1771 - Ann Arbor, MI - Huron Village, 3225 Washtenaw Ave.
5506 - Dearborn, MI - West Village S.C., 22189 Michigan Ave.
6733 - Sault Ste. Marie, MI - Cascade Village, 4250 I-75 Business Spur

4288 - Mays Landing, NJ - Hamilton Mall, 4403 Black Horse Pike
613 - Watchung, NJ - Blue Star S.C., 1701 US Hwy. 22

4387 - Albany, NY - Colonie Center, 415 Colonie Ctr.
5971 - Bronx, NY - Soundview Station, 1605 Westchester Ave.
4729 - Greece/ Rochester, NY - Ridgemont Plaza, 2833 W. Ridge Rd.
2338 - Greenlawn, NY - Greenlawn Plaza, 741 Pulaski Rd.
388 - Henrietta/ Rochester, NY - Marketplace Mall, 360 Miracle Mile Dr.
6904 - Scotia, NY - Glenn Square, 7 Saratoga Rd.

4420 - Lancaster, OH - River Valley Mall, 1635 River Valley Circle S.
4304 - Strongsville, OH - Southpark Mall, 500 Southpark Center #DL420

1381 - Butler, PA - Clearview Mall, 101 Clearview Circle
976 - Cranberry Twp, PA - Cranberry Commons, 1713 Rt. 228
4126 - Hanover, PA - North Hanover Mall, 1155 Carlisle St. #506
4091 - Hazleton, PA - Laurel Mall, 170 Laurel Mall Rd.
4350 - Lebanon, PA - Lebanon Valley Mall, 2245 Rt. 422 W
4121 - Uniontown, PA - Uniontown Mall, 1115 Mall Run Rd.

1503 - Sumter, SC - Sumter Mall, 1057 Broad St.

1081 - Kingsport, TN - Fort Henry Mall, 2101 Fort Henry Dr. #E-44

1695- Arlington, TX - Stanton Plaza, 4261 W. Green Oaks Blvd.
225 - Harlingen, TX - Valle Vista Mall, 2020 S. Expressway 83, C-3

373 - Roanoke, VA - Tanglewood Mall, 4314 Electric Rd. #M-3

1383 - Bluefield,WV - Mercer Mall, Rts. 25 & 460
3487 - Keyser, WV - Shops @ Keyser, Rt. 4 Box 81C
7553 - Ripley,WV - Ripley S.C., 153 McGraw St.

Thanks for the info. One of the store I usually go is closing down. Hopefully, there will be alot of sale in there. What is the closing store discount?

Can someone edit the first post to say:

​You are allowed to trade in 1 copy of the same game (same system) in one store visit.

You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Why hasn't it been updated?

You can no longer trade in more than 1 copy of the same game on your visit.
You can trade in more than 1 copy. Today I traded in 2 copies of PS4 Division in one transition. There is nothing in the system that would stop it.

You can trade in more than 1 copy. Today I traded in 2 copies of PS4 Division in one transition. There is nothing in the system that would stop it.
Hmm I had two stores deny this transaction.

I don't doubt the system has nothing in place to stop it, but the employees wont do it.

My local GS is closing and sadly someone came and cleaned out all of their Star Wars Black Series figures... I just wanted a single Stormtrooper :(

But on the upside, I got Pokemon Sun for $5. Pretty decent. 

Thanks for the info. One of the store I usually go is closing down. Hopefully, there will be alot of sale in there. What is the closing store discount?
I’m curious also, do they all follow the same % off calendar, or does it seem to vary per location? With the closings just kicking off a week or so ago, how far along should they be?

The manager at my (not closing) local store mentioned about the next closest store most likely closing by the end of April. Does that fit the pattern of discounts and such?

That's so super skeevy! So basically the guy was going to use your points to renew your PUR so he would get credit for it.. That's gotta be edging close to some kind of sales fraud, right?
It's funny. I ended up going back and canceling my preorders and returning the game and the guy there said, "hey, you have enough points to extend your membership another year." So this must be their new game plan to get subs. Definitely not a fan. There's literally 10 GameStops in a 5 mile radius, I'll go somewhere else.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

How long does it normally take for points from in-store purchases to show up on your account? I don't generally pay much attention to it but I just happened to notice that points from my purchases on the 28th and 29th of Feb havent been added yet. It's like 6000 points so it was noticeable.
I'm missing 3 different transactions from around there, too. They usually only take a day or so.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

It is company policy that you can only trade in 1 copy per system, please stop spreading misinformation. You can go through any GameStop thread from the last 15 years, or ask on the subreddit. It doesn't matter if your GameStop does it, just because my GameStop will give me a rim job instead of trade in credit doesn't mean we need to change the FAQ and say they all will.

It is company policy that you can only trade in 1 copy per system, please stop spreading misinformation. You can go through any GameStop thread from the last 15 years, or ask on the subreddit. It doesn't matter if your GameStop does it, just because my GameStop will give me a rim job instead of trade in credit doesn't mean we need to change the FAQ and say they all will.
The FAQ only says you can trade 4 copies in a 30 day period.

It should say 1 copy per system per visit (ymmv for more)... or without the ().

It does need to be changed.

In the old days no one cared but now many stores do care.

The official policy is 4 per console per title every 30 days. Some stores have their own discretion to limit you to 1 per day (until you reach the limit for 4 per month) but that's not Gamestops policy but the stores.

The store policy is still 4.

(Employee here) Yeah there's nothing stopping you from trading in more than one copy at a time. At out store however the manager says we can only do one game no multiple copies even on different consoles. I think its dumb, I mean i get it, but doesn't stop it from being dumb haha

Does the rimmer trigger the 20% bonus?

"Guaranteed to Love" eligible?

I noticed it a bit on Monday but locators seem to be FUBAR for me.  Website locators just randomly not showing stores when they have multiples of games both new and used.  The app is showing nothing at all for any item I search.  

1. Hoping for a good trade in deal for systems soon as I have playstation 4 systems to off load.

2. Gotta call in for an order I made on the 26th to get my points. :|

Same here. im searching for a game no one wants and its not getting any hits but it did a week ago. No way it can be sold out everywhere,

I noticed it a bit on Monday but locators seem to be FUBAR for me. Website locators just randomly not showing stores when they have multiples of games both new and used. The app is showing nothing at all for any item I search.

I noticed it a bit on Monday but locators seem to be FUBAR for me. Website locators just randomly not showing stores when they have multiples of games both new and used. The app is showing nothing at all for any item I search.
Thank you for this. Disgaea 4+ for the switch showed oos everywhere for 50 miles. Stopped at the closest store at lunch and got their last "new" copy. Was able to finally use the last of my tic balance and my last $5 monthly reward (so long pur) and now to move it to Amazon. 😁 🤞

Thank you for this. Disgaea 4+ for the switch showed oos everywhere for 50 miles. Stopped at the closest store at lunch and got their last "new" copy. Was able to finally use the last of my tic balance and my last $5 monthly reward (so long pur) and now to move it to Amazon.
Thanks for the tip. I locked in one for Amazon credit.

1. Hoping for a good trade in deal for systems soon as I have playstation 4 systems to off load.

2. Gotta call in for an order I made on the 26th to get my points. :|
I am debating trading in my orig xbox one. It dropped from 75 to 70 recently. Not sure I should wait longer lol

Thank you for this. Disgaea 4+ for the switch showed oos everywhere for 50 miles. Stopped at the closest store at lunch and got their last "new" copy. Was able to finally use the last of my tic balance and my last $5 monthly reward (so long pur) and now to move it to Amazon. 😁 🤞
Second this GameStop “in-stock” tracking fail on both app and website. Just call up your home store and have them look in the system for any stock questions. Also picked up 2 copies of D4+:complete (1 new 1 used) for a simple transfer

Second this GameStop “in-stock” tracking fail on both app and website. Just call up your home store and have them look in the system for any stock questions. Also picked up 2 copies of D4+:complete (1 new 1 used) for a simple transfer
The inventory tracker is basically doing a -1 of anything that they have currently. So if they have 1 copy physically on hand, the inventory tracker states 0 online hence unavailable. This would be great for their "NEW" aka "Gutted" copies since its not truly new in the sense of the word. But having it for all inventory across the board is a little extreme since if they only have 1 copy regardless of what it is, online will show that they have 0. Basically anything that shows on the website currently is available for store pick up, they have at least 2 copies of it on hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back