2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I remembered what I learned from buying hard to find UHD's at BB, namely that when they go down to 0 online they usually still have 1. I went in at opening and found 2 copies. I did find 2 more at the limited stock Target, but when I went to price match it took 20 minutes, multiple supervisors, and an act of god and they decided to only let me have one copy. I was in a ruch so no time to argue. You'd think I was about to bankrupt the company or something.

Anyways, opted for cash since I have so much credit so I got 45 for 15. Thanks for the help all!

Just to update the missing rewards points, Just received an email, and I was told I do not receive points for trade-ins, nor do I receive points for items bought with trade credit. So since my last two purchases included a game trade in, and then a purchase with that credit, I will not be receiving any points. Does this sound correct to all of you? Is the literal only reason to have PRO now the monthly $5? I want to be mad but maybe I just wasn’t paying attention to changing policies.
No, it's a glitch that they can't be bothered to fix. I've said it here before, the system is programed to just not give you any points on a transaction with a trade in. If you want the points you have to do it in a separate transaction.

I have a funny feeling that Gamestop will be dumping copies of the Division 2 in an Alamogordo, NM landfill soon.

Nabbed 3 ps4 and 1 xbone copy of Div 2 today from BB. Traded in all but 1 ps4 copy. I'll do that after work.

The guy at one store hinted at cheating the system. But really dude, I'm just following the rules. :)

Nabbed 3 ps4 and 1 xbone copy of Div 2 today from BB. Traded in all but 1 ps4 copy. I'll do that after work.

The guy at one store hinted at cheating the system. But really dude, I'm just following the rules. :)
The funny part about that accusation is that Division 2 trades for more because it's a "most wanted title". Gamestop literally raised the value to get more copies in. It's not like we're taking advantage of a slow moving price adjustment, this was deliberate.

Gamestop sells a game for $5 during a buy 4 for 10 sale...sees a ton of copies sell and assumes they need more stock...this is what happens when your different departments don't communicate with each other...

Gamestop sells a game for $5 during a buy 4 for 10 sale...sees a ton of copies sell and assumes they need more stock...this is what happens when your different departments don't communicate with each other...
Yeah, it's a flaw in their algorithm. Same reason there's a ton of 3ds bumps (due to B2G2).

This was a sale done in partnership with Ubisoft. for some reason the GameStop portion ran for multiple weeks before it went on sale at Best Buy.

The thought process is once all these Ubisoft promotions are finished those used copies will sell for $30-$35 when the digital price of the game will be 40 to 60.

Grabbed last two copies of Div2 at Best Buy and flipped them towards Animal Crossing. $10 and maybe 10 minutes of work for $35 extra (Not counting the $10 I paid) towards AC.

Once a store gets under three copies it will show up as not available even if it’s physically at the store. at that point you just have to go there and look for it.
IDK, about that. Mine showed only one copy for PS4. I ordered and then it showed none. XBox had no quantity shown. They had 3 (assuming there isn't one somewhere I didn't see).

No copies locally near me, but it showed free shipping (Elite Plus) available with delivery tomorrow... so if the value holds, I'll make my trades.  If it tanks, then I'll just return unopened.

Just traded in a pair. This wont last much longer store I went to knew about it. Manager at the store said shes going to have to start rejecting them before she gets 50 copies each. Sales associate said at least I was smart they had a few people come in with stacks of them still sealed trying to trade them in.

Stock only shows onlinee if theres 3 copies or more. My BB said none and I walked out with 2 ps4 and 2 XB1. I'd still check anyway.
thanks for the relevant info. I’m going to PM target once and check out Best Buy. I’m not going out of my way for it though. I already have enough credit doe animal crossing and last of us 2

I did some division runs before I went to the closing store near me and cleared out 40 games @ 50% off paid for in credit to net me an extra 200 in credit from trading into a non closing store and the stores I traded division into were all just baffled and repeatedly said "this is the problem with gamestop, we sell a game for $5 only to give you 4x that in trade credit 2 weeks later" another employee then said "damn I should've stocked up on them, I knew this was going to happen."

Also the best buy I went to for division 2 had a in store limit of 3x copies of a title. wouldn't let me take 4, they even asked if I was with a friend to buy the 4th for me and were adamant that they couldn't sell me 4.

Once a store gets under three copies it will show up as not available even if it’s physically at the store. at that point you just have to go there and look for it.
So what does it mean when the BB website says there’s only one copy available at a store? Would you expect them to have up to four?

New ad is up, March 8-14, 2020.

https://gamestop.a.bigcontent.io/v1/static/OLFSI_030820

Switch games: Yoshi's Crafted World, Mario Maker 2, Mario Party, Mario Sonic Olympic Games, NEW, $40.

20% off Nintendo collectables and select controllers (the shitty ones, not Joy-Cons, apparently).

XBOX One X, $300, /yawn.

$35 trade credit for: Zelda Breath of the Wild (!!!), Mario Kart 8, Pokemon Sword / Shield.

+20% pre-order bonus's hold, though some releasing soon (or already released).

------

B2G2 ends tomorrow.

------

I got to hear my local GS employees heatedly bitch about tech trades with their superiors today.  Worth the trip in itself.  Voices were raised, 3 employees vs 1 superior.  It was hot.  They either pretended I didn't just enter or didn't notice.  1 walked out, 1 took their break to smoke.  The other, disgusted, went into the back room, leaving nobody to operate the store, outside the (presumably DL) with his dick in his hand talking on the phone and staring at me.  It was a beautiful spectacle.

If I price match division at target, would they let me get ONLY 1 copy or could I maybe get 1 for PS4 and XB1?

Switch games: Yoshi's Crafted World, Mario Maker 2, Mario Party, Mario Sonic Olympic Games, NEW, $40.

20% off Nintendo collectables and select controllers (the shitty ones, not Joy-Cons, apparently).

XBOX One X, $300, /yawn.

$35 trade credit for: Zelda Breath of the Wild (!!!), Mario Kart 8, Pokemon Sword / Shield.

------

B2G2 ends tomorrow.

------

I got to hear my local GS employees heatedly bitch about tech trades with their superiors today. Worth the trip in itself. Voices were raised, 3 employees vs 1 superior. It was hot. They either pretended I didn't just enter or didn't notice. 1 walked out, 1 took their break to smoke. The other, disgusted, went into the back room, leaving nobody to operate the store, outside the (presumably DL) with his dick in his hand talking on the phone and staring at me. It was a beautiful spectacle.
did you ask for a tech trade quote after all that?

did you ask for a tech trade quote after all that?
I brought tech trades up (mentioning how I appreciate how they aren't pushed in our district .. you know, passive talk, positive stuff), and the employee was quick to tell me about how GS was a shitty company, only good for a paycheck.

DL's just have this negative morale aura around them. Corporate is going to kill GS faster than digital games. The employee who told me this has been around a long time, and is, honestly, an asset to GS. A serious asset. Too bad GS has blinders on.

I brought tech trades up (mentioning how I appreciate how they aren't pushed in our district .. you know, passive talk, positive stuff), and the employee was quick to tell me about how GS was a shitty company, only good for a paycheck.

DL's just have this negative morale aura around them. Corporate is going to kill GS faster than digital games. The employee who told me this has been around a long time, and is, honestly, an asset to GS. A serious asset. Too bad GS has blinders on.
this is a perfect opening. just agree and say, lets really screw over gamestop, help me trade in these 20 copies of division 2

XBOX One X, $300, /yawn.

Well damn. I could trade in my Mario Maker 2, get $45.5 in credit and buy it back and get the points and break even on the credit.

Rainbow Six Siege can be bought and traded back for profit with the 30% on Sunday since its trading in for $15 this weekend. If the preowned copy goes on sale possibly a little more profit.

Well damn. I could trade in my Mario Maker 2, get $45.5 in credit and buy it back and get the points and break even on the credit.
Trade it in NOW. Because the TIV is going to tank.

I'll probably just buy it back to retain. I keep getting this game for $20-$38, with all intentions of keeping it. Then GS offers more store credit than the purchase price .. which is OK!

It gets flipped alot. Like other games in my collection I sell for high .. buy for low.

This time is a new copy. Cheers! It's a low. (which is a high!)

If you have a local "mom and pop" game store, many times they will price match gamestop trade values and/or they use gamestop values to determine how much a game needs to be traded in for. If you have a few in your area, you may wanna take your extra division 2 games there if you've done your limit at gamestop.

Just to update the missing rewards points, Just received an email, and I was told I do not receive points for trade-ins, nor do I receive points for items bought with trade credit. So since my last two purchases included a game trade in, and then a purchase with that credit, I will not be receiving any points. Does this sound correct to all of you? Is the literal only reason to have PRO now the monthly $5? I want to be mad but maybe I just wasn’t paying attention to changing policies.
Many states no longer get points for trade in's, but you still get points for purchases, including those made with credit. The catch is you can't do the trade AND purchase in the same transaction or the whole thing is flagged and you'll get no points. You must do the trade and the purchase in separate transactions.

If you have a local "mom and pop" game store, many times they will price match gamestop trade values and/or they use gamestop values to determine how much a game needs to be traded in for. If you have a few in your area, you may wanna take your extra division 2 games there if you've done your limit at gamestop
Please don't do that to "mom and pop" shops.

Man, if this thing blows up real big from that idiot posting to SD what are the chances GS smartens up a bit and tightens up trades?  I really hope this is not the things that blows up the spot.. 

I sure hope that idiot posting The Division 2 flip to SD is not the one that blew up big enough for GS to actually notice and lock things down..  Either way, what a f-ing moron! 

Man, if this thing blows up real big from that idiot posting to SD what are the chances GS smartens up a bit and tightens up trades? I really hope this is not the things that blows up the spot..
Aircobra is going to respond. Just sayin'. Predictions, made.

Man, if this thing blows up real big from that idiot posting to SD what are the chances GS smartens up a bit and tightens up trades? I really hope this is not the things that blows up the spot..
If they didn't after the bazillion different times people have killed them on these deals, they aren't going to now.

Hmm, I came in for flips but it turns out the store I had AC preordered at is closing. It looks like the closing Sale just started, what should I keep an eye out for?

Can you GtL trade multiple copies of the same game? (different stores/transactions obviously)
I want to say there was someone that had like 19 copies of Zelda: Links Awakening pre-ordered last year because of trade bonuses, so I'm thinking it's probably allowed. The return code is the same for all copies, so I don't see them flagging someone for having multiple copies.

This is just my two cents, however; I do not have any experience with this.

I finished my GameStop Division thing for today (still need about 4 to get rid of) and the manager was almost getting into a screaming match with the other employee about the trade in. I was holding in my laugh for a few minutes until the manger said just hurry up to the employee but no more trade ins for this game. I told him when I was walking out the store “ Have a nice day” 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back