2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its 20 bucks in my case oh well [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]
I have 4 copies remaining but I was able to trade over 15 copies through out the week and 6 yesterday paying off 4 games with 2 being ce of Re 3 and nioh.

I'm not going to bother returning 20 bucks worth of games.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Nah kiddo, totally wrong. My posts in this thread are pointing out how you kids exploit the company as much as you can and then complain when something negative happens or the company doesn't do so well. I can look down on you hypocrites and have no obligation to the corporation at the same time. You little boys and your poverty wages never seem to accept responsibility for the consequences.
You must be really boring if you’ve been here bitching for 14.5 years. Carry on not having a life.

PS no matter how much you Stan for them no corporation is ever going to help you in any way. Sorry you can’t marry your crush, the store known as GameStop. You fedora wearers sure are getting weird.

Just to update the missing rewards points, Just received an email, and I was told I do not receive points for trade-ins, nor do I receive points for items bought with trade credit. So since my last two purchases included a game trade in, and then a purchase with that credit, I will not be receiving any points. Does this sound correct to all of you? Is the literal only reason to have PRO now the monthly $5? I want to be mad but maybe I just wasn’t paying attention to changing policies.

No, it's a glitch that they can't be bothered to fix. I've said it here before, the system is programed to just not give you any points on a transaction with a trade in. If you want the points you have to do it in a separate transaction.
I traded in my copies of Div2 yesterday towards Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, paid for it completely with the trade credit + monthly cert, and just got the points for all of it, so it seems more like it's YMMV.

I traded in my copies of Div2 yesterday towards Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, paid for it completely with the trade credit + monthly cert, and just got the points for all of it, so it seems more like it's YMMV.
Not sure how it calculates but I did two transactions with my Division 2 trades and am showing two point transactions for yesterday. One was the trade, a 4/20, and reserve that netted a $16+ transaction I put on my CC (looks like 800 points). The 2nd was the trade and I applied it all to another preorder (looks like 400 points). Not sure how they calculate the points or what they are based on in those transactions?

I wouldn't return them just yet. At $5 it's still a good trade in value for upcoming (possible) promotions. For $5, doesn't hurt to keep them until before the return date ends.
GS is now the proud owner of thousands+ copies of The Division 2, brand new condition too!. The value will never go up, IMO .. only down.

It's dead.

GS is now the proud owner of thousands+ copies of The Division 2, brand new condition too!. The value will never go up, IMO .. only down.

It's dead.
That's what people said about PvZ2 and a week later it was still trading in for $28+. Hell, it currently trades in for $12+ years later.

According to GS this is exactly a reason to feel scummy. In their opinion, if you're not paying over MSRP and trading for pennies on the dollar, you're literally stealing from the company and should be treated like a thief lol.

Anyhow, got back from using my March $5 and had to listen to the ASL BS a guy into putting down several hundred dollars worth of his trade on multiple copies of Animal Crossing because 'all the credit has to be used on preorders to get the trade bonus'. Hilariously stupid.
It's actually a thing. The "new" DL's are even more scummy than the old ones. I talked to a long time friend SL. and the person pretty much told me -- just make my boss happy and pay the game off to get all the bonus, it's a new policy - /whisper: "You can just cancel it later." "Transfer it to another game", "Cancel it completely later and make another deposit with only $5 so it doesn't hurt us."

DL's are complete idiots. I guess they want more people to forget about large pre-order deposits (so they pocket the dead-forgotten deposits) .. No idea. As regions shrink, only the asshole (idiotic) DL's seem to be left employed.

The trade was large, so maybe that's what threw up flags. Like $500'ish credit for flips I picked up at other GS stores. Good stuff :) .. I'd rather just trade them all in at one store, so I don't need to make pre-orders all over town (20% bonus, etc).

Just to add to the information pool I also just got points from an online transaction about a week ago and an in store trade in I did yesterday, and all of the points for both came today. Seems like (hopefully) it’s a glitch and not a policy change.

Mario Maker and R6 Siege look like decent boomerangs tomorrow if trade values hold.
They won't hold.

I'll still pick up MM2 tomorrow though. $40 is good. Traded mine in last week for $45.50. Other weeks for $42.00, $49.00 ...

Bought for $20 - $38 ... but, it's actually a VERY fun game, so I'll just spring for a brand new copy for $40. And keep it (maybe).

I got my points for yesterday, I traded in 2 copies and some move controllers and bought mystery dungeon. Got over 3k points not sure if that’s just because of mystery dungeon

Just to add to the information pool I also just got points from an online transaction about a week ago and an in store trade in I did yesterday, and all of the points for both came today. Seems like (hopefully) it’s a glitch and not a policy change.
My points came in also. /confirmed.

I had like 25k points this week, so I'm glad at least 18k showed up late afternoon today. Maybe more tomorrow.

It's dead.
the scummy store deserves it. another nail on the coffin. I also joined on the bandwagon and traded 2 games from BB :whistle2:$ :D/

Dang. I would have liked to dump an old copy. No flipping. Checked the value and it was always low, didn't expect a deal to pop up.

Anyone have a ss with today's date for division 2? I saved the trade value in my Gamestop account with today's date at 1am when it was still live but they wiped it from my account. I should have printed it out :/

Anyone have a ss with today's date for division 2? I saved the trade value in my Gamestop account with today's date at 1am when it was still live but they wiped it from my account. I should have printed it out :/

Traded in a bunch of games today. They refused The Division 2, Elex and Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition. I was expecting TD2 but not sure why on the other 2.

They don’t want the game anymore printed paper or not. Just give it up playa. On to the next one

Great... they sent me a Dragon Quest 7, instead of 8. Anyone know the best way to move forward? The inventory checker app and online doesn’t seem to be working.

It warms my heart to hear about the amateur trying to trade in 10 sealed copies of the Division 2, only to be told they can't take sealed games, and can only do one per console. I'd love to see the shit show if he came back today and was only offered $5.50.

Met my first truly slimy employee in the district. The way he preys on old and ignorant customers is disgusting. He would add PRPs and GPGs without their permission and tell them that he's doing them a service. He even told the customer in front of me that he can't check him out because his pro membership just expired. I bought a few last gen games with the B2G2 promotion and he claimed that my games are not eligible (they are) and tried to get me to buy a GPG. He made the other employee ring me out when I declined. The sad part is that I'm almost 100% sure that he replaced my favorite employee in the store. She never tried to upsell me on anything and was always extremely helpful. I assume that she was fired for insubordination.

CAG16 working again as expected now that B2G2 is over. Back to waiting for the next B2Gx event I suppose :whee:

Looks like the trade-in for the Division 2 is now back down to $5. However, I got an email stating the trade in value of $19.25 is guaranteed through 3/9/20. Gonna try to trade it in today. 

Has cag16 always disabled free shipping? It seems like an either or right now.
(Never mind, works fine on the site. It must be an app issue)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back