2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered multiple copes of every game.

Roughly about 75% came with the original case.

Of the games that came complete, about 60% came immaculate, like they were just opened.
Gonna have to start doing that. I'm not getting anywhere with them replacing a scratched-label disc from B2G2 sale.

Yoshi's Crafted World seems to be the hardest to find a case for, in my experience, for whatever reason. I ordered this game multiple times on the other sales throughout the prior months, to only get generic cases. This time I got exactly ONE case with the artwork for the several copies I ordered, which is going in my collection (finally). At least it was pristine. I can't explain that one .. is the Yoshi case rare? [or did it not sell very good, and get flipped a whole bunch? {thus eventually losing the cases?} /shrug.]
Yoshi's Crafted World was a primo flip from Redbox to Gamestop at one point, so I'd guess a lot of their stock came from there and may be a reason there are no cases.

My extra MM2 copies arrived the other day. Both had cases but they were clearly used and slightly abused. Oddly, one copy was the regular retail version, the other was the variant where it says "Free 12-Months of Nintendo Online" on the bottom, it looks like a Gamestop exclusive version of the game. I'm getting quite a pile of Switch cases at this point.

My extra MM2 copies arrived the other day. Both had cases but they were clearly used and slightly abused. Oddly, one copy was the regular retail version, the other was the variant where it says "Free 12-Months of Nintendo Online" on the bottom, it looks like a Gamestop exclusive version of the game. I'm getting quite a pile of Switch cases at this point.
One of my MM2 copies also had the same print on the bottom, as part of the artwork, red.

I was hoping there was a card inside for the 12 month sub .. but, nope. Interesting variant though.

Yoshi's Crafted World was a primo flip from Redbox to Gamestop at one point, so I'd guess a lot of their stock came from there and may be a reason there are no cases.

This was the $70 MSRP version of the game at launch & was available at multiple retailers.

Germophobias, if your buying used games make sure your clean your cases with Lysol ASAP. This goes with the fear of exchanging cash also. Remember to wash your hands and don't touch your faces people!
Off topic, today, I just got an e-mal about my college district cancelling all on site classes next week due to fear of the C-virus spreading.
True germophobes would never keep gamestop's used cases.

He could easily go back to focusing on Lowe's, or other shitty retailers.

Or just get a years content, narrowing down on how Starbucks discriminates against the non-LGBT community. How employee's got their hours cut, or were fired for silly reasons because they refuse to call a "he" a "she", or vise versa. Endless content there.

So many companies to be talked about. He'll find a way.
He just seems like hes not happy unless he sees the world on fire... Retail is retail same as fast food etc... this stuff is nothing new

Did GameStop release ac consoles tonight?
The AC console is tomorrow. The actual AC game is releasing the week after tomorrow.

I hope I don't get mugged picking up my pre-paid console tomorrow. Expect a line @ 10am forming (or an hour before) for the 1-2 "available" consoles a store shows, if they have any at all. For the folks who didn't pre-order.

Reddit suggests checking store inventory early tomorrow morning. Makes sense.

The AC console is tomorrow. AC is the week after tomorrow.

I hope I don't get mugged picking up my pre-paid console tomorrow. Expect a line @ 10am forming (or an hour before) for the several "available" consoles a store shows. For the suckers who didn't pre-order.
Yea I know it’s tomorrow I was wondering if they did some sort of closing release...I see a bunch for sale all of sudden online.

Mine is paid off in full I hope there’s no shenanigans

My store is doing a 9pm release.
Mine isn't :( ... actually none near my are. At least, not for the console.

The stores are throwing a midnight party next Thurs Night /Friday morning (12:00am). Wish they would add a b2g2 (all games) sale too -- I'd be there in a heartbeat. Cancel work, cancel plans, cancel family, etc. (or bring the kids with me and cancel their school the next day)

The stores are throwing a midnight party next Thurs Night /Friday morning (12:00am). Wish they would add a b2g2 (all games) sale too -- I'd be there in a heartbeat. Cancel work, cancel plans, cancel family, etc. (or bring the kids with me and cancel their school the next day)
Schools got canceled here til March 30th or something cause of corona. Nationwide cancelations are probably coming soon

Germophobias, if your buying used games make sure your clean your cases with Lysol ASAP. This goes with the fear of exchanging cash also. Remember to wash your hands and don't touch your faces people!

Off topic, today, I just got an e-mal about my college district cancelling all on site classes next week due to fear of the C-virus spreading.
What about opened display copies?

We'd really crash the market with that sale. Cashing out 401ks and selling alla tocks for the sale of the century

Santa Ana, CA's closing store had 20% off new games, 60% off used games, and 20% off new hardware (30% off used). I picked up a new Switch Lite for $159 and a generic case for $5. Not a ton of Switch games left (new games were limited to Mario Maker, Pokemon, and a bunch of random games). Much more XB1/PS4.

Santa Ana, CA's closing store had 20% off new games, 60% off used games, and 20% off new hardware (30% off used). I picked up a new Switch Lite for $159 and a generic case for $5. Not a ton of Switch games left (new games were limited to Mario Maker, Pokemon, and a bunch of random games). Much more XB1/PS4.
Same situation at the Los Angeles store on Wilshire except they just increased to 30% off new games (still 20% on hardware). Regular Switch systems went long ago but they still had new Switch Lites. Pokemon titles were the only decent new Switch games left and no good used ones. Very little of worth in the PS4 and XBox areas either. I picked up a 3DS game (Yoshi & Poochi - last copy, cart only) and a hat and that's it. Might be a few good flips if the extra $5 trade-in promo magically comes back before the end of the month, but there's not really much of high value left there. Definitely not anything I'd actually want to keep.

Same situation at the Los Angeles store on Wilshire except they just increased to 30% off new games (still 20% on hardware). Regular Switch systems went long ago but they still had new Switch Lites. Pokemon titles were the only decent new Switch games left and no good used ones. Very little of worth in the PS4 and XBox areas either. I picked up a 3DS game (Yoshi & Poochi - last copy, cart only) and a hat and that's it. Might be a few good flips if the extra $5 trade-in promo magically comes back before the end of the month, but there's not really much of high value left there. Definitely not anything I'd actually want to keep.
Did this just get bumped up for your store yesterday? Two days ago my store was 10%

Yes. I believe the new bumps happen at all closing stores on Thursdays.
Thanks. Haven't tracked the change so far. Without the $5 bonus there will be a lot less flip opportunities unless you want to hold long term and take the risk that promo comes back. Prior gen games are even more unappealing because a lot of games now trade in for nothing. They had some value during the last wave of closures and almost all were at least break-even at 90% off.

Gamestop gearing up for plague lmao. Hand sanitizer confirmed up for grabs once apocalypse enters full swing.

GS phone customer service just told me that there was an update where you can no longer use gift cards to purchase digital things, eshop psn etc. online - which was why my order was canceled. This true for anyone else or was it bullshit?

GS phone customer service just told me that there was an update where you can no longer use gift cards to purchase digital things, eshop psn etc. online - which was why my order was canceled. This true for anyone else or was it bullshit?
Not true I just tested it with a $5 digital xbox gift card.

I had problems like two months ago there is a limit of like $500 digital gc's you can buy in a certain amount of time(30days?).

For us flippers, the weekly top trade values dropped from $35 to 30 (NSMD,Link's,DK:TF)... hope that isn't the trend.
B2G2 on all pre-owned games 9.99 or less... which is slightly more flexible than 4/$20.. especially if it is ONLINE as well for CAG16.
20% bonus extended to a few more games - FF7, etc
$175 credit for a switch towards a new switch... uhh ok
$20 off last gen systems minus 3DS...?
... and The Division 1 is $5 as an inside FU to SDs! ;)

Picked up two of my in-store AC switches at lunch and online order will arrive on.... Monday. Special editions seem like an ok way to flip credit for PayPal balance ( hopefully ! )

For us flippers, the weekly top trade values dropped from $35 to 30 (NSMD,Link's,DK:TF)... hope that isn't the trend.
B2G2 on all pre-owned games 9.99 or less... which is slightly more flexible than 4/$20.. especially if it is ONLINE as well for CAG16.

Picked up two of my in-store AC switches at lunch and online order will arrive on.... Monday. Special editions seem like an ok way to flip credit for PayPal balance ( hopefully ! )
From my keeping up with it, the current switch is already $175 trade in and $150 for the older one. When it says up to, I assume it's the same, unless trade value drops without the promotion next week.

Scalping is kinda lame. Not gonna judge because people have to be dumb enough to buy it, but still. Lame.

I don't disagree, but pre-orders were available for everyone and some people late to the game prefer to just order stuff online instead of interacting with people in store or checking stores for stock. That said, I'm attempting to break one edition up into a dock and joycon listings. I myself bought an overpriced special edition Pokemon dock on ebay (just because I wanted it for the kids) and GS didn't have any stock of docks .. even normal ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back