2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of people give gamestop flack for selling collectables but when I can get games so easily digitally, that is the main reason I tend to shop there.  But for a few months now they seem to be having huge stocking issues. They promote collectables in their flyer that have been sold out for months that get no new shipments.  Almost everything I look through on gamestop.com shows no stock for much of anything now but some funkos.

My PS4 is started to act up (laggy, stuttering on cutscenes, black screens, etc). If my main menu is fine, maybe a tad slow, I should be fine trading it in without a refurb fee right? Thought it'd be easier to just trade it, rather than send it to Sony out of warranty.

My PS4 is started to act up (laggy, stuttering on cutscenes, black screens, etc). If my main menu is fine, maybe a tad slow, I should be fine trading it in without a refurb fee right? Thought it'd be easier to just trade it, rather than send it to Sony out of warranty.
It should be fine as long as it works.

Just wondering have you tried rebuilding the database? It’s pretty easy and can sometimes make a difference in performance.

i am happy that gs is taking measures to help prevent the spread of corona virus. you will notice all game advisors are instructed to wear gloves, wipe and disinfect all counters and all game advisors are instructed to wash hands and use hand sanitizer, etc. so at least one company is getting it right and values the health of their guests.
So the reason hand sanitizer is out of stock at my local supermarket is because GS is buying it all up to keep their employees from catrching an infection fueled by the lack of hand sanitizer? How is this getting it right???

It should be fine as long as it works.

Just wondering have you tried rebuilding the database? It’s pretty easy and can sometimes make a difference in performance.
I've restarted, rebuilt database, reinitialized, reinitialized with fresh copy of system software and still laggy and sometimes even the menu icons have trouble loading.

Interesting.. the points I was missing from 2-26 to 3-6 showed up finally and I still have the CS provided "Transaction Points Not Awarded" points as well on top of it... wonder if they'll disappear someday...  :dunce:

So the reason hand sanitizer is out of stock at my local supermarket is because GS is buying it all up to keep their employees from catrching an infection fueled by the lack of hand sanitizer? How is this getting it right???
Maybe they are buying it to break the cover seal and sell it as new. Classic GS.

So I was doing an online to store return today.  It was a bit weird, once I punched in my number the guy was poking around on the computer for like 2-3 minutes maybe longer.  Then he has me give him my card just to swipe it through the machine I'm standing right in front of, and then looks at the back of it where the code is.   Should I be concerned with the person messing with my account or card?  Am I just being paranoid?

So I was doing an online to store return today. It was a bit weird, once I punched in my number the guy was poking around on the computer for like 2-3 minutes maybe longer. Then he has me give him my card just to swipe it through the machine I'm standing right in front of, and then looks at the back of it where the code is. Should I be concerned with the person messing with my account or card? Am I just being paranoid?
Trade card or gift card? Either way, keep track of the balance. If it’s a trade card, just go buy a gift card with it and be done with that card.

Couple questions about the 20% trade boost. 1. Does anyone know if Doom eternal on the switch is included? 2. Can I transfer the credit to another pre-order down the line and retain the boost? 

I don't trade into Gamestop often, so sorry if this gets asked a lot. 

So I was doing an online to store return today. It was a bit weird, once I punched in my number the guy was poking around on the computer for like 2-3 minutes maybe longer. Then he has me give him my card just to swipe it through the machine I'm standing right in front of, and then looks at the back of it where the code is. Should I be concerned with the person messing with my account or card? Am I just being paranoid?
I am paranoid. Whenever I scratch off to find the PIN code to use online, I always chemically burn it to distort the number. :hot:

Couple questions about the 20% trade boost. 1. Does anyone know if Doom eternal on the switch is included? 2. Can I transfer the credit to another pre-order down the line and retain the boost?

I don't trade into Gamestop often, so sorry if this gets asked a lot.
1. I don't believe so.

2. yes

Trade card or gift card? Either way, keep track of the balance. If it’s a trade card, just go buy a gift card with it and be done with that card.
It was my trade card. I was weirded out by how long he was poking around on the computer once I punched in my account number. He also asked me a couple weird questions about my return. I wanted to ask him what he was looking at in my account, but did not want to be rude... Then once he looked at the back of my card it just was too much for me. I'll go to a different store tomorrow and transfer it all to a new card.

Why would it matter
golfer.jpg

GameStop app and online inventory numbers are still off, saying not available all around me for games, even when I go to the store and see 2-3 new and used copies on the shelf. It would be nice if this was fixed, especially since daily deals are online only, unless GameStop's new scheme is to make its millions off daily deal shipping fees.

Has there been a fix for the APP to save trade in values yet? It's still giving me elite pro values and I can't save trades. Are normal pro accounts (those that never had elite) able to save trades?

Anyone here ever return a G2L game without or without a messed up case?
I done it once. The manger told me it has to have the case, however since I was a regular they still let me do it.

I'm still can't decided if I want AC digital or not. I think I'll pick up my PO to get the extra $10 rewards, points & coins then trade it in with G2L and buy the digital.

Visited the Ripley WV closing store yesterday morning. If I recall correctly it was 30% off new and $60 off used. They were selling fixtures too. The Switch display was still up and running, the associate said that Nintendo owns those and the rep had not given them the go ahead to sell it yet. My understanding is the rep will come and get it or whatever they want from it and then let them get rid of whatever is left. They had a good bit of collectible stuff and I was a bit surprised about the amount of games too. I picked up Borderlands THC and Dead Rising 4 for XB1 at $5 something each. Found some PS1 coasters for $3 something and grabbed those. 

He said he had new switch lites ($179?) and xb1xs ($279?), there were 3 used xb1xs he was pushing for $207 each and I was tempted since we do not have a 1x yet but I am thinking new x1xs will drop in price this year at some point. Thursday evenings are when they get the price drops for Fridays. The location is close enough that I will likely go back next Friday to see if there are systems left at lower prices.

It sucks to see one closing in person....

I scored a box of wii remotes and nunchucks at the Goodwill next door I could not pass up at the price.

Were they offering deals for multiple used games like 5 for $5 for games under $19.99 or something similar?

Visited the Ripley WV closing store yesterday morning. If I recall correctly it was 30% off new and $60 off used. They were selling fixtures too. The Switch display was still up and running, the associate said that Nintendo owns those and the rep had not given them the go ahead to sell it yet. My understanding is the rep will come and get it or whatever they want from it and then let them get rid of whatever is left. They had a good bit of collectible stuff and I was a bit surprised about the amount of games too. I picked up Borderlands THC and Dead Rising 4 for XB1 at $5 something each. Found some PS1 coasters for $3 something and grabbed those.

He said he had new switch lites ($179?) and xb1xs ($279?), there were 3 used xb1xs he was pushing for $207 each and I was tempted since we do not have a 1x yet but I am thinking new x1xs will drop in price this year at some point. Thursday evenings are when they get the price drops for Fridays. The location is close enough that I will likely go back next Friday to see if there are systems left at lower prices.

It sucks to see one closing in person....

I scored a box of wii remotes and nunchucks at the Goodwill next door I could not pass up at the price.

umm how’s it dumb?? Cause he doesn’t want to get knocked in the head for his $700 trade card??
Pretty much. I have a lot on my trade card, announcing how much is on it out loud can potentially put a target on me. You don't go to a bank and then the teller yells, "YO THIS GUY GOT $5000!"

Once I hit over 600 on a card I get a new one. Points I try and redeem for preowned anytime I can in store

Were they offering deals for multiple used games like 5 for $5 for games under $19.99 or something similar?
I do not recall seeing anything like that. Just signage for % off. There was not a whole lot of inventory that I could see being able to put a deal like that together. I checked the 360, PS3, Wii, and XB1 for good condition stuff I needed and most was common stuff in generic cases I have already picked up complete. Not sure what kind of stock they started out with as I had never been to this location before, but my guess is that it has been picked over well and I do not expect much of anything left if I go back in a week. My hopes are for scoring a fantastic deal on an X1X or Switch Lite.

I'm still can't decided if I want AC digital or not. I think I'll pick up my PO to get the extra $10 rewards, points & coins then trade it in with G2L and buy the digital.
I'm leaning the same way. The convenience of digital for Animal Crossing is enticing, but I have a pre-order already paid off. I've never done one of the G2L games, does it automatically go into effect when I pick up my PO? Do I have to do anything special to make sure it's added to my transaction? Will trading it back in with G2L effect the $10 reward?

Question I tried to trade games toward a existing pre order for the 20 percent extra but they say I can't even though it was not paid off I had to put it towards a new pre order is this true?

Thanks

I do not recall seeing anything like that. Just signage for % off. There was not a whole lot of inventory that I could see being able to put a deal like that together. I checked the 360, PS3, Wii, and XB1 for good condition stuff I needed and most was common stuff in generic cases I have already picked up complete. Not sure what kind of stock they started out with as I had never been to this location before, but my guess is that it has been picked over well and I do not expect much of anything left if I go back in a week. My hopes are for scoring a fantastic deal on an X1X or Switch Lite.

Question I tried to trade games toward a existing pre order for the 20 percent extra but they say I can't even though it was not paid off I had to put it towards a new pre order is this true?
If you are trading towards one of the games listed on the promotion, then you should be able to trade games towards the selected game. I would call and speak with the manager or cancel the preorder and start a new one.

no, its not true. in the future dont mention the extra trade bonus, just trade your games in, put $5 on a qualifying game, and let the POS do its thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back