2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm leaning the same way. The convenience of digital for Animal Crossing is enticing, but I have a pre-order already paid off. I've never done one of the G2L games, does it automatically go into effect when I pick up my PO? Do I have to do anything special to make sure it's added to my transaction? Will trading it back in with G2L effect the $10 reward?
A code prints on your receipt. You have until that Sunday to trade it in. And no, you keep the $10 rewards.

Thanks I even asked her to try but she refused
I would have called GameStop support right then and there. Or if they were taking too long, cancel the preorder on her and ask another worker to preorder the same game, than do the survey.

These people need to stop making up rules especially when it doesn't hurt them to just abide by their current policy.

I grew up in a pretty dangerous area myself, but I doubt something like that is really is an issue at Gamestop. I mean if it were, most of the flippers here would be walking targets, going in and out with dozens of games and systems at a time.

I have thousands in trade credit but I live in Sarasota Florida we don't have a "dangerous area". It's GameStop money I understand if it was the bank or something tangible.

EDIT: Thinking on it you are right if I went to brandeton (our poor area) I wouldn't want them to know how much I have.

your interaction together reminded me of this movie moment, enjoy:

“You know… there’s like a butt-load of gangs at this school. This one gang kept wanting me to join because I’m pretty good with a bo-staff.” – Napoleon Dynamite
Bolded content. They are not your friends,

/pleather out

/sigh people mis-using G2L.

There are ways to convert points to credit.   I like my ways .. although people are dead set on G2L will tell you otherwise if challenged.  I'm not a fan of G2L returns because G2L involves an employee / store getting a ding.

Another way involves less returned store credit, but a return of alot more points, yielding a gain.  Take the points gained and add it to your trade value.

Because, why the hell not, you can add the points to your next conversion? #SeeTheFuture

/sigh people mis-using G2L.

There are ways to convert points to credit. I like my ways ..
So I should straight up return the preorder instead? I feel as if it's a catch-22. Preordering is the only way to get trade credit boost AND it helps the employee/store. But then I have to keep the game as well? I can't return or even g2l the game without hurting the employee/store? Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Next is going to be that buying sealed games hurts the "store numbers." Does GameStop actually want customers anymore?

So I should straight up return the preorder instead? I feel as if it's a catch-22. Preordering is the only way to get trade credit boost AND it helps the employee/store. But then I have to keep the game as well? I can't return or even g2l the game without hurting the employee/store? Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Next is going to be that buying sealed games hurts the "store numbers." Does GameStop actually want customers anymore?
Yes they want customers but they dont want flippers and the sorts that hangout in here there..

The first copy will seal the deal and be profittable where there is a $10 rebate.

Otherwise, better options on subsequent copies.

Please don't listen to him. Trade the game in with the code. It doesn't hurt anyone since you're picking up a pre-order and trading in a game.

So I was doing an online to store return today. It was a bit weird, once I punched in my number the guy was poking around on the computer for like 2-3 minutes maybe longer. Then he has me give him my card just to swipe it through the machine I'm standing right in front of, and then looks at the back of it where the code is. Should I be concerned with the person messing with my account or card? Am I just being paranoid?
Online returns have to be entered in manually, he probably didn't know how to do one. Usually they type in the transaction number wrong (I believe it's supposed to be the last 4 digits of the order number, though I've also seen them type in first 4), sometimes they'll try to type in the whole order number and when the POS doesn't accept it they freak out and have to call someone for help. It usually takes up to 5 minutes if they've never done one and can't find instructions in their book.

Not that they ever believe me, but the way it should be done is:

Store number is 0480

Employee number is their employee number

Register 1

Transaction number is last 4 digits of order number

Kinda wish g2l never existed so there isn't 300 pages of idiots talking about it. What a waste of customers time, employees time and cags time

Apologies if this has been answered before, but if you have a paid-off pre-order that you don't pick up, are you able to "cancel" it and apply the credit to a new one after the game is already out?

Kinda wish g2l never existed so there isn't 300 pages of idiots talking about it. What a waste of customers time, employees time and cags time
Putting aside CAGs, I think it's not a bad idea that a video game store lets people buy a game on day one for full price, and offers to take it back at full price if they take it home and totally hate it. It's one of the better things they've come up with IMO.

Apologies if this has been answered before, but if you have a paid-off pre-order that you don't pick up, are you able to "cancel" it and apply the credit to a new one after the game is already out?
Yes.

I cashed out a few more 35 base games today to hedge against the possibility of GS permanently lowering the standard max base to 30.... (cash is king right now especially lol!)   :grouphug:

Has there been a fix for the APP to save trade in values yet? It's still giving me elite pro values and I can't save trades. Are normal pro accounts (those that never had elite) able to save trades?

I done it once. The manger told me it has to have the case, however since I was a regular they still let me do it.

I'm still can't decided if I want AC digital or not. I think I'll pick up my PO to get the extra $10 rewards, points & coins then trade it in with G2L and buy the digital.
How do we get the $10 reward for pre order? I pre ordered and they didn’t mention this.

Lots of “GSDaves”/shills in this thread, dunno why people don’t use that “secret” Gamestop thread that exists on the forums somewhere. Nothing but a bunch of Gamestop apologists In here.

If i bought a new gutted game, can i return it within 7 days for a refund?
Typically it have their own security sticker on it and if that's not broken should be fine. But have heard some people not getting the seal on it and causes issue returning

So apparently at least at my local gamestop according to the store manager, the whole trade in for a preorder for the 20-30% bonus thing, he is trying to stop the "abuse" of trading towards that game and either canceling the preorder or moving the preorder to a new game. Not sure if this is just him, or gamestop as a whole is trying to stop it. It only came up because I thought to get that bonus you had to keep preordering a new game and couldn't just pile it all on one game so I ended up with a ton of MLB preoreders as a result.

This may sound like a *gamestop sucks* rant and in part it does, but the manager is pretty cool to converse with and wasn't an a-hole about it.

So just curious if anyone else has run into this. Never seen it in all my years of gamestop.

granted he probably has no way of telling that I know of if about any bonuses towards a game aside from the MLB preorders.

Either way, interesting unique gamestop experience, and just curious if anyone else has seen store managers want to enforce the "whole trade in bonus goes towards the trade in bonus game instead of just 5 dollars."

GameStop DOTD

Wii remote plus for $19.99

I'm speechless
Few things shock me, this shocks me

So apparently at least at my local gamestop according to the store manager, the whole trade in for a preorder for the 20-30% bonus thing, he is trying to stop the "abuse" of trading towards that game and either canceling the preorder or moving the preorder to a new game. Not sure if this is just him, or gamestop as a whole is trying to stop it. It only came up because I thought to get that bonus you had to keep preordering a new game and couldn't just pile it all on one game so I ended up with a ton of MLB preoreders as a result.

This may sound like a *gamestop sucks* rant and in part it does, but the manager is pretty cool to converse with and wasn't an a-hole about it.

So just curious if anyone else has run into this. Never seen it in all my years of gamestop.

granted he probably has no way of telling that I know of if about any bonuses towards a game aside from the MLB preorders.

Either way, interesting unique gamestop experience, and just curious if anyone else has seen store managers want to enforce the "whole trade in bonus goes towards the trade in bonus game instead of just 5 dollars."

Nah that guy is an A-hole. You are not going to buy multiple copies of MLB and he knows that. He's increasing his personal numbers and then having a different employee take the hit when you come back to cancel them.

Mario Maker 2, Mario Party and Yoshi's Crafted are back up to $30 base TIV.

Wish they offered other colors.

Mario Maker 2, Mario Party and Yoshi's Crafted are back up to $30 base TIV.
And BotW/MK8D/Sword/Shield still 35 Base, at least for today!

GameStop DOTD

Wii remote plus for $19.99

I'm speechless
As someone who still plays the WIi U (kids are only halfway thru Super Luigi U half) I prefer using the Wii remotes over the pro-controller for 2D sidescrollers. Seems more responsive, simple button layout, and prefer some motion controls. Either that or I got some bad pro controllers. (Crystal knockoff ones seem to work better.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back