2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting about the AC $10 code working online I also got a $10 E-Shop card. Really wish I could use the $5 monthly one on another one and just pay the difference.

I just copied and pasted the coupon code from the active offers page and it worked. It did ask for my credit card security number (since I haven't done an online purchase in a while) but took the $10 off immediately.

I just copied and pasted the coupon code from the active offers page and it worked. It did ask for my credit card security number (since I haven't done an online purchase in a while) but took the $10 off immediately.
I just did it like you mentioned, and it also asks for my credit card info.

when I put all the details I get "transaction declined" I already tried 2 different cards.

Im trying to purchase a $10 PSN card with the animal crossing $10 certificate but I always get transaction declined

I just did it like you mentioned, and it also asks for my credit card info.
when I put all the details I get "transaction declined" I already tried 2 different cards.
Im trying to purchase a $10 PSN card with the animal crossing $10 certificate but I always get transaction declined
Make sure the billing info on the website matches your cc billing info

interesting i used my $5 monthly reward cert a few days ago and my item has already shipped but my reward is still in my active offers. 

Any chance that the $5 online/monthly cert works on PSN/eShop credit? Digital or card-based.

And yes, I know that I could try it myself, but what asking for anyone’s experience first.

As a few others have reported, I'm unable to redeem my rewards points.

Also, is anyone else not able to get the new sale prices at checkout? The sale price shows up when I search for the item but when I click on it it reverts to old full price.

Also, is anyone else not able to get the new sale prices at checkout? The sale price shows up when I search for the item but when I click on it it reverts to old full price.
Worked early this morning for me. Now its happening as you describe. Typical Gamestop website BS

Division 2 dropped to $3 trade value.
Oh noes!!! How will I pay for a new car now?

On a more serious note, I've been having trouble with their website too. On sale items turn not on sale when I click on them. Also couldn't use my $10 Persona coupon, tryed on website & app, $5 monthly worked fine.

also unable to use my $10 from persona this morning, despite other cags being able to use theirs online over the last few days. 

I detest the gs website and the people who run it.

Anyone that got the resident evil preorder email get another email with their gift card? I figured it wouldn’t be a quick and easy process.

Anyone having issues redeeming their reward certificates?
When I try to use my $25 certificate it says "Coupon cannot be added to your cart". I have tried using it to buy 3 different items and it never works. I had the same issue a month ago and had to call CS to get my points back.

Anyone that got the resident evil preorder email get another email with their gift card? I figured it wouldn’t be a quick and easy process.
Nope and I called to inquire about it and the person said like 24-48 hours before I get an email but I didn’t even give him any of my info during the call so how would he know. If you find out anything let me know.

It's hard enough even finding anything available for shipping just to use the $5 on....I might just call and see about getting it converted to points, since you can't use the $5 on digital currency.

Oh noes!!! How will I pay for a new car now?

On a more serious note, I've been having trouble with their website too. On sale items turn not on sale when I click on them. Also couldn't use my $10 Persona coupon, tryed on website & app, $5 monthly worked fine.
I noticed this happened with A.C. Odyssey. Changed prices magically. Is there a glitch that Gamestop's site HASN'T experienced in the last few years?

Another member said copying and pasting worked for them but they got error message when they manually entered it for some reason. I don't know if that will help.

Another member said copying and pasting worked for them but they got error message when they manually entered it for some reason. I don't know if that will help.
The copy and paste method worked for me for the $5 PUR monthly coupon at 2:30am this morning. I was not able to redeem my 10,000 PUR points for a $10 PUR cert like others have mentioned. I guess the $50 PUR cert is the only one working so far.

The copy and paste method worked for me for the $5 PUR monthly coupon at 2:30am this morning. I was not able to redeem my 10,000 PUR points for a $10 PUR cert like others have mentioned. I guess the $50 PUR cert is the only one working so far.
Yeah I got it working online with copy/paste. Anyone know anything good you can get online with it since you cant use it on digital items?

Copy-paste for my monthly $5 coupon worked fine.  If you're having trouble, make sure there's not an extra space character in front when you paste.

Website was hella annoying as prices for almost every new item were auto-marked down $5, but the actual price in cart wasn't what was shown.  The "discounted" price shown when browsing was to reflect the (incorrect) assumption that you would use the monthly $5 coupon on that item, EVEN IF you had already applied it to something else in your cart.  This is some deceptive Amazon digital promo type nonsense, but not really surprised given all the shady stuff that has gone down at Gamestop the last few weeks.

$5 monthly coupon can unfortunately reduce your cart total below $35 threshold for free shipping.  I found it necessary to add $1 game protection guarantee since I was off by 3 cents and I wasted half an hour browsing only to finally realize that literally nothing on their website that costs $0.97 is in stock for online shipping.

Just bought gear of war lancer for $105. Picked up dragon ball set for $48. Looking through now for some dragon ball figures I’ve always wanted
GameStop having some awesome deals lately

How are they governed then? Can a private company contact a GameStop location and essentially buy out their used inventory (at a agreed upon wholesale rate)? I'd assume there's corporate restrictions preventing this.

How are they governed then? Can a private company contact a GameStop location and essentially buy out their used inventory (at a agreed upon wholesale rate)? I'd assume there's corporate restrictions preventing this.
. They are all owned by corporate, not sure how you go about contacting them. You would probably have to get in contact with a district or region leader to ask that question.

Thanks for the info people...just copied and pasted my $10 Animal Crossing Cert in the Cart Promo Code Box and bought $10 PSN credit.  

So glad I won't have to call CS. 

Odd that there is no mention of FF7R in this week's ad. Guess no point to advertise a game you have no sellable copies of?  :hot:

I wanna buy botw digital with 25k points $5 monthly bonus, $10 tic and if there’s anything left to pay I’d like to pay with my debit....is that even possible? Lol

They are screwing us all with the preorders, they sent me an email stating I could either get a refund with the down payment I made and use it towards Final Fantasy but the link sends me to the game but it’s sold out, or they said I can wait until the store reopens, which most likely won’t happen and by then you think they will honor the bonuses and copies, I really doubt it. They should just let the people who preordered the game pay off the remainder and send the game to your home, they won’t lose a sale that way. I just want to be done with that store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back