2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are screwing us all with the preorders, they sent me an email stating I could either get a refund with the down payment I made and use it towards Final Fantasy but the link sends me to the game but it’s sold out, or they said I can wait until the store reopens, which most likely won’t happen and by then you think they will honor the bonuses and copies, I really doubt it. They should just let the people who preordered the game pay off the remainder and send the game to your home, they won’t lose a sale that way. I just want to be done with that store.
Did you contact them first?

The $5 monthly coupon doesn't work on digital
Oh dang I thought it just didn’t work on digital curren$y

So what if I leave the $5 out can I normally pay with points/tic/debit? I know the points is down rn, and I see some people sometimes post about only paying 1 way with either tic or debit/credit

Odd that there is no mention of FF7R in this week's ad. Guess no point to advertise a game you have no sellable copies of? :hot:
I'm wondering if any store will, except SE's online store (which shipped my 1st Class Ed) but Amazon has not shipped my standard edition and pushed back the delivery date to the 17th.

Some stores are even showing copies as OOS. Amazon is OOS for both editions, so is GS. BB is showing as in-store pick up only though all stores have it... seems odd that it's not shipping.

They are screwing us all with the preorders, they sent me an email stating I could either get a refund with the down payment I made and use it towards Final Fantasy but the link sends me to the game but it’s sold out, or they said I can wait until the store reopens, which most likely won’t happen and by then you think they will honor the bonuses and copies, I really doubt it. They should just let the people who preordered the game pay off the remainder and send the game to your home, they won’t lose a sale that way. I just want to be done with that store.
You know... for all the POs they push, the way they're handling this is prob gonna guarantee nobody every POs anything from them ever again.

Yeah I contacted them but no one picks up, they just sent me an email about all of this, I just don’t think they have been through anything like this so they don’t know what they are doing

Yeah I contacted them but no one picks up, they just sent me an email about all of this, I just don’t think they have been through anything like this so they don’t know what they are doing
Nobody has. Why do you just go out and buy it somewhere else? You seem to enjoy going out.

Used some points for a $50 GameStop.com gift certificate. Got the confirmation email and the points are gone. Can’t find the coupon under active offers on the site or app.

Used some points for a $50 GameStop.com gift certificate. Got the confirmation email and the points are gone. Can’t find the coupon under active offers on the site or app.
GameStop.com digital certs are in your digital locker. I would only redeem one at a time, as I redeemed a $50, then $25, then $15 (in that order), and now only the $15 cert works.

I can’t even place an order for the $15 reward cert. it just says there’s an error. I wouldn’t be surprised if they programmed it to do that now.

They barely knew what they were doing at the best of times, and this isn't that.

Regardless, I haven't received an email from them, so I wonder if/when I will.

GameStop.com digital certs are in your digital locker. I would only redeem one at a time, as I redeemed a $50, then $25, then $15 (in that order), and now only the $15 cert works.
I ordered a $25 and a $15. The $25 didn't work I called 2 days ago and they said I would get a refund in 24 hrs. That came and went so we will see I guess.

How do you use a $5 cert online? Trying to pickup MK11 and don't see it anywhere
In the PowerUpRewards section of your account, your certificates will be listed under Active Offers. Click to expand one of them and there will be a long code you can copy-paste.

Paste it on the first screen of your cart (before shipping, before payment options), on the right where it says "Promo".

I opted to have the game shipped for FF7 and it comes up under my orders at Gamestop.com so now it’s just a matter if they do their part but I had paid it off in full at the store. For RE3 I had like $13 left to pay off and I opted to receive the virtual giftcard so I could purchase it online and still haven’t received the giftcard in my email yet and I replied since last Wednesday.

I opted to have the game shipped for FF7 and it comes up under my orders at Gamestop.com so now it’s just a matter if they do their part but I had paid it off in full at the store. For RE3 I had like $13 left to pay off and I opted to receive the virtual giftcard so I could purchase it online and still haven’t received the giftcard in my email yet and I replied since last Wednesday.
I chose to have mine shipped and it doesn't show up under my orders. They're hit or miss it seems.

So in your case, they emailed you and you didn't have to reach out to them? I have preorders (not fully paid) for two copies of ACNH that I didn't pick up and now cannot.

So in your case, they emailed you and you didn't have to reach out to them? I have preorders (not fully paid) for two copies of ACNH that I didn't pick up and now cannot.
I don't think they started the email thing until after DOOM and AC were already out because stores were still open (unfortunately not mine since I am in California, so I couldn't even pick them up at launch). Now that stores that haven't closed are only open for the delivery@door thing, they're sending out emails for upcoming pre-orders.

They do explain how it works in a FAQ on their site.

Q: “My store is closed and my Pre-Order is not yet paid in-full. I did not get an email from you about it.”
A: “Sorry to hear you did not receive this email! You can pre-purchase the game from us online and we will hold your deposit until normal operations have resumed at your store.”

Essentially, anyone that hasn't gotten an email for a pre-order and their store is closed, they're screwed until everything is back to normal.

https://care.gamestop.com/

Yes to give the deposit I placed back in giftcard form so I can place the order online or to just leave it and wait until the store opens back up.

Hey thanks for the heads up on the animal crossing code. Got 10 bucks psn. I was gonna let it go because if the situation but hey I'll take the code lol. I don't buy digital but I guess I'll use it for dlc or something.

I don't think they started the email thing until after DOOM and AC were already out because stores were still open (unfortunately not mine since I am in California, so I couldn't even pick them up at launch). Now that stores that haven't closed are only open for the delivery@door thing, they're sending out emails for upcoming pre-orders.

They do explain how it works in a FAQ on their site.

Q: “My store is closed and my Pre-Order is not yet paid in-full. I did not get an email from you about it.”
A: “Sorry to hear you did not receive this email! You can pre-purchase the game from us online and we will hold your deposit until normal operations have resumed at your store.”

Essentially, anyone that hasn't gotten an email for a pre-order and their store is closed, they're screwed until everything is back to normal.

https://care.gamestop.com/
Thanks. I didn't understand what that meant before. They're literally saying, "buy the game with new money and we will hold your money for an indeterminate amount of time". What a predictably terrible non-resolution.

Thanks. I didn't understand what that meant before. They're literally saying, "buy the game with new money and we will hold your money for an indeterminate amount of time". What a predictably terrible non-resolution.
WTF like anyone should give them MORE money. That’s not a solution lol. Best Buy digitally elsewhere than give them more money when they can’t guarantee you will ever be refunded anyway.

Gamestop will be out of business before ps5 comes out (likely missing this holiday window IMO)

I chose to have mine shipped and it doesn't show up under my orders. They're hit or miss it seems.
My bad. I looked at the wrong account. For whatever reason I have 2 copies (separate orders) of FF7 showing up in my order history though. I only got one email and as far as I know I only pre-ordered it once. One shows 'Preparing for shipment' and the other order shows 'Awaiting product availability'

No clue why they did 2 different orders. Also not sure why they were able to do this but can't send gift cards for RE3.

I was too, one of the members that got scammed with the January $5 monthly coupon not showing up. I tried contacting them regarding not being able to use my expired March $5 coupon (due to Corona) but the phone line was busy as always, once I got connected they hanged up on me.

I filed a complaint through bbb to their HQ in Grapevine TX and got this all sorted out.

This was the message I received

Good Evening,

On behalf of GameStop, we apologize for this poor experience in association with our company.

After reviewing your PowerUp Rewards membership I was able to confirm that your March $5 monthly coupon expired and went unused. I applied 5,000 points for the March $5 coupon that expired, and another 5,000 points for the January $5 coupon you did not receive.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to let me know- I am here for you.

Best Regards,

Brittany B. | Better Business Bureau Liaison | GameStop | Service Matters

I placed an order for $25 psn card but I haven't received code yet, does it take a couple of minutes/hours to received email or show up on order history?

I was too, one of the members that got scammed with the January $5 monthly coupon not showing up. I tried contacting them regarding not being able to use my expired March $5 coupon (due to Corona) but the phone line was busy as always, once I got connected they hanged up on me.

I filed a complaint through bbb to their HQ in Grapevine TX and got this all sorted out.

I would do the same thing, but their site isn't letting me redeem points anyway so it feels like a waste

WTF like anyone should give them MORE money. That’s not a solution lol. Best Buy digitally elsewhere than give them more money when they can’t guarantee you will ever be refunded anyway.

Gamestop will be out of business before ps5 comes out (likely missing this holiday window IMO)
Apple is gearing up to launch literally 5 iPhones this year and manufacturing is coming back now. I don’t think next gen gets delayed

The SL at my local GameStop told me that FFVII remake is in transit to the stores and should arrive within the next day or two. He said there is a high chance that the stores will be allowed to distribute the games early. This happened with Animal Crossing, Persona 5 Royal, and Resident Evil 3, but they're not allowed to let customers know about this information. 

The SL at my local GameStop told me that FFVII remake is in transit to the stores and should arrive within the next day or two. He said there is a high chance that the stores will be allowed to distribute the games early. This happened with Animal Crossing, Persona 5 Royal, and Resident Evil 3, but they're not allowed to let customers know about this information.
Was told the same.

Gamestop finally got thier shit together. Got Splatoon 2 and Zelda Botw new for $60 shipped stacking a $15 and $5 reward certificates, and the $5 Pro monthly certificate. Paid the $2 shipping to process faster.

So - are the Online certainly actually working now for online purchases, for the most part? And will they work in conjunction with the $5 monthly cert? My local store is closed indefinitely, and getting itchy to pick up something on the cheap.

I finally got a hold of GameStop by phone, I was explaining to them about my preorder about final fantasy and let’s just say it turned into a heated argument because they didn’t want to fulfill my order even though they gave me an email stating this. They can’t even do phone calls with some dignity.

Seems like normal $ certs are available with points as well now for anyone hoping to use for pre-orders. 

You WILL NOT get a copy of FF7 from GS if you didn't pre-order. Been told by trusted worker's only enough to fill pre-orders. Don't even bother them if you didn't just go to Target or Walmart.

So - are the Online certainly actually working now for online purchases, for the most part? And will they work in conjunction with the $5 monthly cert? My local store is closed indefinitely, and getting itchy to pick up something on the cheap.
It seems to be working now. I was able to buy a $15 certificate and I used it along with my $5 monthly certificate on a game.

Good Evening,

On behalf of GameStop, we apologize for this poor experience in association with our company.

After reviewing your PowerUp Rewards membership I was able to confirm that your March $5 monthly coupon expired and went unused. I applied 5,000 points for the March $5 coupon that expired, and another 5,000 points for the January $5 coupon you did not receive.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to let me know- I am here for you.

Best Regards,

Brittany B. | Better Business Bureau Liaison | GameStop | Service Matters
What's GS email I have never gotten a response from them it's ridiculous

Could someone tell me how to redeem my $5 coupon online? Nothing I have tried works
Just put it in the promo code box- worked for me a few days ago. It doesn't apply to all categories though from what I've seen (digital currency being one). Try it on a new or used game in stock and see if it works first. It's possible the system is broken again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back