2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you use power up rewards gift cards on digital credit like eshop and xbox?
Hmmm that’s weird. Earlier this week I redeemed a $50 GameStop.com code, and today I got a $25 in store coupon I think. $50 code was half the size of the $25, and the $25 shows up under active offers and not in my digital locker. This is super confusing lol.

So this is a really dumb question but I’m going to ask anyway. How does the whole converting GS credit into Microsoft $$ work towards getting a Series X? Do I wait to enter in the Microsoft $$ codes until I preorder the system or do I enter them as soon as I get them and they will show up as a form of payment when the system becomes available for preorder?

Thanks

So this is a really dumb question but I’m going to ask anyway. How does the whole converting GS credit into Microsoft $$ work towards getting a Series X? Do I wait to enter in the Microsoft $$ codes until I preorder the system or do I enter them as soon as I get them and they will show up as a form of payment when the system becomes available for preorder?

Thanks
When you redeem MS credit it just loads it into your MS account and you can use it as a form of payment whenever you want.

When you redeem MS credit it just loads it into your MS account and you can use it as a form of payment whenever you want.
I was told it expires, I only did it once and spent it within a week or so. I never looked to see if there was an expiration date. Can someone confirm? I believe I was told 90 days...

I was told it expires, I only did it once and spent it within a week or so. I never looked to see if there was an expiration date. Can someone confirm? I believe I was told 90 days...
Credit you get from MS rewards expires. You’re thinking of that.

I know it’s been discussed before, but which cards and denominations can I use the $5 pro monthly credit? I tried it in the app, no luck. I vaguely remember someone said it works online, but $10 shop cards weren’t working earlier today.

Can you use power up rewards gift cards on digital credit like eshop and xbox?
We need to put the answer to this in the title. I realize it sounds like I'm being snarky - but I've seen a bazillion people ask this question and tbh I don't even know the answer to it myself lmao.
On Tuesday, I exchanged 5,000 rewards points for a $5 online-only reward coupon/certificate. I successfully used the coupon to fully pay for a $5 Xbox gift card.

The monthly $5 for Pro members worked on PSN/Xbox/Nintendo gift cards in store. HOWEVER, the April reward appears to exclude Xbox (and likely other) gift cards.

On Tuesday, I exchanged 5,000 rewards points for a $5 online-only reward coupon/certificate. I successfully used the coupon to fully pay for a $5 Xbox gift card.

The monthly $5 for Pro members worked on PSN/Xbox/Nintendo gift cards in store. HOWEVER, the April reward appears to exclude Xbox (and likely other) gift cards.
thanks for the reply. I know March worked in store, but I’m trying to use it online. We need to put this info in the faq so people can find it

Thanks, I just redeemed 15,000 PUR points for a $15 online only PUR cert, to buy a $50 Xbox gc (only had to pay $35). I was not able to buy a $5 and $10 Xbox gc with the $15 cert. I was already planing on buying a $50 Xbox gc.

Also picked up FF7 Remake without issue. They will also ring stuff up for you in-store if you know exactly what you want (for those that live in states that don't pay tax on trade credit purchases O:) )
Did it come with the chocobo preorder bonus?

Thanks, I just redeemed 15,000 PUR points for a $15 online only PUR cert, to buy a $50 Xbox gc (only had to pay $35). I was not able to buy a $5 and $10 Xbox gc with the $15 cert. I was already planing on buying a $50 Xbox gc.
Do you remember when your reward cert expired? That's one thing I hate about their certs, they have fixed expiration dates. I did it twice last year and it was at the end of the quarter (bought one in early Oct and one in late Dec, both had the same 12/31 expiration date).

No clue, nothing came with the packaging as far as I'm aware and don't have any PS4s to try at the moment :dunce: Art book was a little smaller than I had hoped, but having the box on the shelf is good enough for now!

I waiting outside GameStop until they give me my final fantasy 7 deluxe edition with preorder bonus and a cherry on top (p.s. my GameStop is closed because of covid 19) but I’m a survivor

No clue, nothing came with the packaging as far as I'm aware and don't have any PS4s to try at the moment :dunce: Art book was a little smaller than I had hoped, but having the box on the shelf is good enough for now!
I think it should have printed on your receipt (DLC code). Some others who picked up theirs early today said it was missing.

Do you remember when your reward cert expired? That's one thing I hate about their certs, they have fixed expiration dates. I did it twice last year and it was at the end of the quarter (bought one in early Oct and one in late Dec, both had the same 12/31 expiration date).

I didn't even get a chance to see the cert in my "Active offers". I had to go to my digital locker to get the cert. In digital locker it does not even say it's a cert, just null.

Damn now starting to regret buying mine from target for shipping. Won’t get here until next week
I pre-ordered from Bestbuy in December and a few days ago I received an email that shipping was delayed. At first it said the 16th now it says I'm not getting it until Monday. I think Amazon orders were also getting delayed.

I pre-ordered from Bestbuy in December and a few days ago I received an email that shipping was delayed. At first it said the 16th now it says I'm not getting it until Monday. I think Amazon orders were also getting delayed.
I preordered on Amazon early August and my order was delayed but I think that's due to coronavirus and them prioritizing shipments for need (medical people).

Did anyone else see cheap prices on the preowned Switch games? I had several (BOTW 27.99, Diablo 3 17.99, Civ 6 2.99, MK11 7.99) displayed on the page. Went to check out the price was back to normal.

That sucks dude. My didn't get delay and will arrive today.:/

Will do. The rep said the district managers are supposed to be handling the refunds. Maybe they're dragging their feet to help their numbers? Who knows.
That's extra terrible that they're still attributing cancelled pre-orders to individual employees during a crisis in which all stores in my state are closed...

I would avoid the hassle of trying to call and argue, but damned if I want to let this company keep an extra dime of mine. Looks like I'll get myself on hold while working later...

EDIT: gave up on hold near the 2 hour mark. I had something else to do. I hate this store so much.

So I was able to put in a pre-order order for a $500 Switch bundle that releases 4/30 with the console, a Pro controller and 3 games. Any insight into if they're likely to fulfill this order?

I was finally able to checkout for $10 digital currency with my $10 persona cert today.  Yesterday it would apply but I was unable to checkout.  Before that, it wouldn't apply at all online.

Just an update in case other people have been waiting to use the cert.  Seems like what works/doesn't work changes on a daily basis on their website.

So I was able to put in a pre-order order for a $500 Switch bundle that releases 4/30 with the console, a Pro controller and 3 games. Any insight into if they're likely to fulfill this order?
I ordered one of the $289 Switch Lite bundles that did not show a preorder note about 4/30, and every item shipped separately on different dates. The console shipped last and took over a week to get a tracking number.

Did you contact CS directly? I had a $5 deposit on Nioh2 but have been unable to get it back with the state closing all the stores.
No. I was sent an email last week with a link to submit my request. Your $5 is stuck until they re-open because they didn't start doing this until games were being released while stores were closed (RE3, FF7).

Two codes print on the GS receipt; top one was Chocobo Chick. Second one I have no clue what it's for as it doesn't work on PSN and the website doesn't say what it is. Cactar code for the Deluxe Edition is in the packaging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back