2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been on hold with gamestop for about 3 and a half hours.  Are they closed for the day?  I don't see their hours listed anywhere

I'm calling to update my address for a pre order I put in last year for cyberpunk special edition.  I moved to a new address last week, I tried updating my address online but it doesn't change.

Anyone redeem PUR points for a online PUR cert today? This morning I redeemed 5000 points for a $5 PUR cert and it took my points, but I did not receive my coupon. It's been at least 12 hours already and I checked my digital locker and there is nothing. Guess I will wait until tomorrow and then give them a call (be on hold for hours) if nothing shows up.

Yeah, all of this is nuts. I've been trying to get in touch as well for a new $5 pro coupon. I had an order I used it on canceled and now it won't redeem again.

Given what's going on I really feel that the service reps deserve some patience, but this is ridiculous. I've also sent 2 emails over the last 10 days with no response.

I've been on hold with gamestop for about 3 and a half hours. Are they closed for the day? I don't see their hours listed anywhere

I'm calling to update my address for a pre order I put in last year for cyberpunk special edition. I moved to a new address last week, I tried updating my address online but it doesn't change.
I believe their hours are 8AM to 8PM CST. And I've been saying this for years: GS does not have customer service outside of their stores. If they ever happen to resolve an issue, it's an exception to the rule.

Anyone else not able to use $50 "online only" coupons on anything?    The last one I used had its weird exceptions but it still worked as a promo code.  The one I generated on the 11th is just saying coupon not valid.  

I am soooo glad I used all my gift cards and reward points up at the beginning of March. I probably wont deal with GS again after all this chaos about them I am reading.

Got my copy of Doom in the mail today. Nice and new, as it should be.

However, no clue about any of the pre-order bonuses at all. I’ll give it a few days and attempt to call if nothing shows up, but I’m not feeling very encouraged by this company overall. And I still have two more games to be delivered that I paid off...

So why are you guys trying to wait on the phone with them? I'm not jumping into anything online with GameStop. I'll just deal with them when store's open back up. Did I miss a really good deal or something?

Gotta love Gamestop... has many listing for the Wii U systems on their site and ALL of them are sold out. LOL!
GameStop is far from perfect, but this is one thing I'll give them a pass on. Consoles are sold out everywhere, people are looking for things to keep them busy. Even their 3DS supply has tanked. Combine high demand with the fact that some states are completely closed and therefore quantity is low, and it shouldn't be a surprise.

Still haven't received my preordered copy of FF7R.
They don't even answer their phones or emails. Is there anything I can do to get my game ASAP or a refund?

Got my copy of Doom in the mail today. Nice and new, as it should be.

However, no clue about any of the pre-order bonuses at all. I’ll give it a few days and attempt to call if nothing shows up, but I’m not feeling very encouraged by this company overall. And I still have two more games to be delivered that I paid off...
Gotta shake your head when a company is lauded for sending out a new, good condition product when ordering a new product.

Has anyone been tried to cancel their Last of Us 2 preorder online? Not sure who to even email.
You can cancel orders from your account. Log in, find the order, click it to view the order and there should be a cancel option. I just canceled my pre-order for Xenoblade Definitive yesterday.

Nevermind, you're talking about in store pre-order.

You can cancel orders from your account. Log in, find the order, click it to view the order and there should be a cancel option. I just canceled my pre-order for Xenoblade Definitive yesterday.
Did they add this for in store pre-orders? It sure doesn't work for me...

Mine was an in store order. It doesn't give me the option to cancel on the website.

For once I'm thankful for the shitty website. I got pretty hammered and attempted to buy a bunch of tamagotchi and luckily was too drunk to understand the site and make a purchase I'd regret later.

I just want the country to re-open again so console prices drop back down and I can get a PS4 for cheap (I sold all non-"Essential" gaming consoles... no no FF7R for now).   :drool:

Anyone know what to do with defective games from online orders? Been emailing GS for almost a month with confirmation of email received but no response back. Tried via their website, app, general email no luck. Phone wait times are ridiculous hearing that toxic garbage in the background. 

Has anyone had issues redeeming a cert and getting one called “loyalty” that doesn’t work online?

Mine expires in June but I am not going to a store anytime soon...

tenor.gif

Xbox One X pre-owned for $230 is decent if you need a console for quarantine.
I wouldn’t buy a console from them since you can’t return it in store right now. I bought a couple of Xbox 360s a while back, one came busted with bugs inside, and the other didn’t turn on. I called and was given a return label. According to tracking, they were delivered 5 days after I sent them. After 2 weeks of not getting a refund, I called and was told they would process my refund the next day. Never happened. All together I spent about 15 hours on the phone and never got my refund. After a while I just gave up.

TLDR; If the console comes broken, and you send it back through mall, chances that you get refunded are about 0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back