2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else having issues with $15 online certificate codes? I'm getting "Coupon cannot be added to your cart". $5 and $10 codes work, but not $15.

Anyone else having issues with $15 online certificate codes? I'm getting "Coupon cannot be added to your cart". $5 and $10 codes work, but not $15.
I am having the same issue and I am trying to renew my powerup rewards pro. Where are you trying to apply the coupon code.

I am having the same issue and I am trying to renew my powerup rewards pro. Where are you trying to apply the coupon code.
The promo code section on the cart screen. I just got off the phone with customer service (was only on hold a few minutes) and they gave me back the points I spent.

The VR kit (the $80 one, not the starter) has been hard to find. Earlier today gamestop showed sold out and it was recently in stock at $80. I guess they could lower the started kit to $20
The VR Kit and VR starter are both excluded from this sale. Everything else is $25/ea.

Even still, in the current "no school/stay-at-home" climate these would have been a great deal if not for the $20/ea from Best Buy a few days ago, or for anyone who missed that deal.

Red Dead 2 for $20 dotd isn't too bad. The 5/$50 promo only works once per console (i tested just incase heh)

I haven't seen any indication - is this double points for *any* purchase or double points just if something on your order is specifically part of the sale?

Even amazon is full of $250+, nothing below that currently. Will keep checking amazon/target/bestbuy
You likely weren't checking amazon warehouse specifically. Sadly it doesn't seem like amazon warehouse has any in stock right now. Or at least not on the normal pages. There's the older link pages where it won't appear on an items main page or in the list normally if it has something selling. But those links are numerous and don't often get more items. But they may be worth checking if you are interested in the extra work.

Here I found one of the old links for you https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B01LTHP2ZK/ref=dp_olp_used_mbc?tag=cheapassgam08-20&ie=UTF8&condition=used&m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ

Apologies for being off topic.

I can't figure out how to use my $5 monthly reward. Was going to order some Magic cards. If I put it for Promo Code, it doesn't work. I don't see anywhere else to use it?

Edit: Can we not stack our $5 reward on something already on sale?

My order (that was canceled and ate up my coupon, of course) was a game on sale and it let me use it. I copy+pasted the code on the desktop site if that helps.

anybody tried or used $50 certificate online? trying to get the c40 controller and would like to use may rewards. tia

Decided today would finally be the day I’d regain respect for GameStop. Tried to log-in the app, no luck. Tried to log-in in web browser. No luck. Tried again on the app, it worked, but it won’t let me check out using my monthly coupon. Tried to edit my cart a little bit to adjust my total, and my cart was slowly deleted with every click.

Fook GameStop. If I really desperately need these games I’ll price match elsewhere. I’ve never seen a company so out of touch with its consumer base (a gaming company that can’t figure out how to code a website and app). Wish the stores were open so I could just take care of business.

Decided today would finally be the day I’d regain respect for GameStop. Tried to log-in the app, no luck. Tried to log-in in web browser. No luck. Tried again on the app, it worked, but it won’t let me check out using my monthly coupon. Tried to edit my cart a little bit to adjust my total, and my cart was slowly deleted with every click.

Fook GameStop. If I really desperately need these games I’ll price match elsewhere. I’ve never seen a company so out of touch with its consumer base (a gaming company that can’t figure out how to code a website and app). Wish the stores were open so I could just take care of business.
Don't use Firefox because Gamestop hates Firefox. Use Chrome or Edge.

I knew I saw your profile pic somewhere.

aa7e82e46090ccf30bdddad936c2ced2.jpg

Just ordered a switch lite, target has/had stock. Scalpers/bots don't hit target as hard.

I haven't seen it mentioned in the thread but apparently there's a bonus offer for '$5 Rewards Cash for every $50 spent on Pre-Owned Games'.

Bo9NcKQ.jpg

If this actually stacks with the Pro Day 4x points offer, it's sounding like we'd get the equivalent of $15 back ($10 in rewards cash + 4K in points) for ordering $100 worth of Pre-Owned games? That's not bad...

I went ahead and ordered just over $100 of PS4 games including some niche/obscure stuff that I'm thinking were recently converted to pre-owned (they were down to $14.99 with no new copies in stock) so here's hoping I get a few sealed games on top of the $5 rewards & points!

I haven't seen it mentioned in the thread but apparently there's a bonus offer for '$5 Rewards Cash for every $50 spent on Pre-Owned Games'.

Bo9NcKQ.jpg

If this actually stacks with the Pro Day 4x points offer, it's sounding like we'd get the equivalent of $15 back ($10 in rewards cash + 4K in points) for ordering $100 worth of Pre-Owned games? That's not bad...

I went ahead and ordered just over $100 of PS4 games including some niche/obscure stuff that I'm thinking were recently converted to pre-owned (they were down to $14.99 with no new copies in stock) so here's hoping I get a few sealed games on top of the $5 rewards & points!
The fine print on the offer has me nervous. It says that you'll receive the rewards cash within seven days of your order, and that the cash is valid from 4/12 to 4/25. The implication there is that you might receive the cash a week from now on the day that it expires. Normally I would feel like I'm misreading it, but you never quite know with Gamestop.

Edit: The email indicates that the cash will be valid 5/3 to 5/16. So that helps.

Yeah I just can't justify the Lite. Not being able to dock is a big deal
it just doesn't make sense to me to call a system built on the premise that it SWITCHES playing positions, to make a version that literally doesn’t do what it’s called. It’s like making the 3DS lite that doesn’t have 3D... wait, they called it by a correct name, the 2DS.

it just doesn't make sense to me to call a system built on the premise that it SWITCHES playing positions, to make a version that literally doesn’t do what it’s called. It’s like making the 3DS lite that doesn’t have 3D... wait, they called it by a correct name, the 2DS.
I do feel like just selling a dockless switch would have been far more logical. Give people the option to buy it later, and you might just get more money out of them. It’s not like the sizes on the original and lite are way different. You could have made the joy cons still detachable for the two player niche games, and Mario party type games, but if that’s where the real cost saving came in, then I guess sell a version with them permanently attached, but make it compatible with the dock. I’d have bought a second one in a heart beat had they done that.

I got rid of my original Switch because I was never using it docked and it was too big to play comfortably in hand-held mode. The Switch Lite is exactly the size the Switch should have been.

Yeah I just can't justify the Lite. Not being able to dock is a big deal
I bought a lite at a GameStop going out of business sale a few months back. It's definitely not the same as the full switch (which we have as a family device and my kid considers "his"), but the lite is perfect for me. I keep it by my bedside and play before bed.

The screen is warmer than the full switch, it's slightly lighter, and the price was right ($140).

If they sold the lite for $170, they'd be priced more fairly. Saving $100 to get a smaller screen, no detachable joycons, and never being able to connect to a TV just isn't enough of a savings.

My experience for anyone who is curious like I was. 

Wanted RDR2 for PS4, called ahead to the store and verified they had original case, complete with map and art. She was kinda an asshole but she confirmed it was complete and their last copy. Ordered online for store pickup and stacked my monthly PUR 5 dollar reward along with a 10 dollar online only points redeemed certificate bringing the total to 5 dollars. Pickup was smooth, called when i got there and they met me at the door. So not the worst Gamestop experience ever.

I do feel like just selling a dockless switch would have been far more logical. Give people the option to buy it later, and you might just get more money out of them. It’s not like the sizes on the original and lite are way different. You could have made the joy cons still detachable for the two player niche games, and Mario party type games, but if that’s where the real cost saving came in, then I guess sell a version with them permanently attached, but make it compatible with the dock. I’d have bought a second one in a heart beat had they done that.
I'm pretty much of the opposite mindset, had they sold a $200 version that was TV only I would really want one.

I'm pretty much of the opposite mindset, had they sold a $200 version that was TV only I would really want one.
Like the PSV TV. I was also hoping that Nintendo would have had something similar.

psv_tv_ps_vita_tv_1007_1528706916_93fd86a0.jpg

hey, anybody hear of problems with physical gc not working online?

got spiderman, darksiders3, couple other things, ebc rewards worked fine copy/paste, but gc wouldn't work, couldn't check balance either

Ok I figured it out, the $5 reward seems to only work on games.

I was trying it on toys/collectibles, which I swear you could use it towards before this mess...

Edit:

OR NOT, just found another collectible item that it works on.

Another update, the following appears in RED if you can apply the monthly cert to an item:

Pro members get $5 off a single in-stock physical item valued $4.99 or more. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Valid online ONLY!
And the $5 off will show up in the item's price.

So you can't use trade credit to pay for shipping?   But it allows you to enter your trade card info?   It looks like it was going to zero out the card but not actually apply anything towards my balance.  

Was able to get the $5 off online only to work on $5 live credit.  Didn't work several times previously.

Down to $5 monthly cert, and $3.xx on a trade card.  

Probably lose the monthly cert.  It is pretty pointless.  

Bought:

-Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist: Link Evolution-$28.99-$5 cert, $23.99

-Nintendo Switch Lite Ultimate Protection Pack-$15

$15 for a case,rubber grip and glass protector is okay, can't buy from amazon as they're not shipping fast enough.

Did not know this existed and thanks to you I will have another game system I won't be playing with games for my backlog!
Should have picked one up when they were 20$ as the controller alone would be worth that much ignoring the dumb proprietary memory cards sell for about 2$ a gb.

Bought:

-Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist: Link Evolution-$28.99-$5 cert, $23.99

-Nintendo Switch Lite Ultimate Protection Pack-$15

$15 for a case,rubber grip and glass protector is okay, can't buy from amazon as they're not shipping fast enough.
must be ymmv depending on the area as I haven't had much of an issue with orders for any store currently. I ordered a switch lite car charger last friday and it arrived wed. the screen protectors for it come tomorrow according to the tracking stuff.

Just a heads up: You can stack two rewards coupons with the monthly $5 coupon

The game I bought was not on sale however

This was an online purchase not curbside pickup

Was waiting until Pro Day to pick up RE7 Gold for PS4 to play with PSVR.  Was in stock for the longest time and was in my car for the last couple days.  Now OOS :(

I did however get Farpoint, Box VR and Deracine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back