2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's confusing the announced "Phase 1" reopenings of some southeastern states, thinking that means that the gamestops there will fully open. Then I think he's sarcastically indicating how dangerous it would be.
According to the GS reddit, some DMs in those states are notifying their stores to let in (max) 5 customers. Unsure about the cash/trades/hugs.

Signed up for Pro and got the 2 rewards (10 days later). Bought a few used PSVR titles a few days ago. Saw the $5 off wording under the games and redeemed a coupon fine.

Trying to used a second one now. No $5 off wording on anything on the site and "coupon can not be added to cart". Game I want finally back in stock at a low price. How do you even used the code? The other code says already redeemed.

Ugh...got the "Gamestop New" with the circular sticker on the unsealed case from my online order from Pro Day.  Just my luck, to get the last/display copy.  You'd think downgrading from Elite to Pro, luck wouldn't go down too.

Ugh...got the "Gamestop New" with the circular sticker on the unsealed case from my online order from Pro Day. Just my luck, to get the last/display copy. You'd think downgrading from Elite to Pro, luck wouldn't go down too.
I am pretty much turned off from buying online with gs...at least until I can do in store returns. New or Used is a crap shoot...and the deals just don't seem good enough for the gamble. Seems like you can get the same deals elsewhere matched or cheaper with the reliability you actually get the new copy. At least in store you could see the goods before you fork over the cash...

Lots of SoCal stores showing (limited) hours now that were listed as "CL:OS" before...wonder if they are doing curbside pickup now at all stores out here.

Lots of SoCal stores showing (limited) hours now that were listed as "CL:OS" before...wonder if they are doing curbside pickup now at all stores out here.
Hoping my local store does the same and has a switch in stock. Probably my best bet until June

So how fast or slow has gamestop been with shipping lately?

Ordered a game and has been preparing for shipment for 2-3 days.

Purchased Saturday night, preparing for shipment Sunday and still no change today.

So how fast or slow has gamestop been with shipping lately?

Ordered a game and has been preparing for shipment for 2-3 days.

Purchased Saturday night, preparing for shipment Sunday and still no change today.
Guess it depends. I ordered a new game on Sunday. It is coming tomorrow.

I ordered Catherine Full Body Heart's Desire PE and Judgment on the 18th. Chose slow shipping, delivery was expected 4/27. I checked the tracking Monday and it said arriving 4/21.

Judgment was a "open new" copy but it still had bonus stuff  in the case, Catherine was sealed.

I think they shipped my order from a store because it came from a small town near Jamestown NY.

I ordered Catherine Full Body Heart's Desire PE and Judgment on the 18th. Chose slow shipping, delivery was expected 4/27. I checked the tracking Monday and it said arriving 4/21.

Judgment was a "open new" copy but it still had bonus stuff in the case, Catherine was sealed.

I think they shipped my order from a store because it came from a small town near Jamestown NY.
WTH I didn’t even know that was still in stock out there. The plush is nice and the game is awesome. Highly recommend. Yoyoyoyoyoyo yo yo-yo

I went ahead and ordered just over $100 of PS4 games including some niche/obscure stuff that I'm thinking were recently converted to pre-owned (they were down to $14.99 with no new copies in stock) so here's hoping I get a few sealed games on top of the $5 rewards & points!
Looks like my hunch about some of the games I ordered being new games converted to pre-owned was correct!

I ordered these 7 games on Pro Day with the free/slow shipping option and they were delivered yesterday (4/21):

cgEUbFE.jpg

Kotodoma & Root Letter are both sealed (plus Root Letter came with the Day One art book & outer box!) and Death's Gambit, Psyvariar Delta, & Truberbrook appear to be gutted/new copies too (if they are pre-owned they're in great shape!).

It's too bad Abzu came in a generic case (I'll have to try to swap it out if/when stores open up again) but at least BttF came with its original case - it seems to be getting hard to find.

I wonder if the states "reopening" and allowing 5 ppl in store will start allowing returns or trades too? Probably shouldn't do trades at least for a bit more.

I wonder if the states "reopening" and allowing 5 ppl in store will start allowing returns or trades too? Probably shouldn't do trades at least for a bit more.
According to some employees on reddit - "No cash. No trades. Max 5 people in store including employees"

Any recommendations on decent picks ups? Looking to pad my collection
A couple of the Telltale games, Monster Hunter: World, and the Dead Rising HD remasters for X1 are all under $10. I finally bit on Metal Gear Survive and Fallout 76 (PS4) and a couple older fighting games (Guilty Gear Xrd Sign, One Piece: Burning Blood). I got two copies of Dragon's Crown (PS3)... hoping maybe one is complete.

Just did B2G2 stacked with CAG16...used my last remaining $17 in TC.

The Order 1886

Knack

Mirror's Edge Catalyst

CoD: WWII

Shadow of Mordor

Shadow of War

Killzone: Shadowfall

Dishonored 2

It's been fun folks...I do have $5 on TLOU2 and RE3 that I need to get back, but I think I'm done, besides my $5 monthly coupon to use on pokemon cards for my kids.

A couple of the Telltale games, Monster Hunter: World, and the Dead Rising HD remasters for X1 are all under $10. I finally bit on Metal Gear Survive and Fallout 76 (PS4) and a couple older fighting games (Guilty Gear Xrd Sign, One Piece: Burning Blood). I got two copies of Dragon's Crown (PS3)... hoping maybe one is complete.
Picked up MH: World in store with 4/$20, my last GS purchase before the corapocalypse...maybe sometime in Feb iirc. It was a converted title, new sealed; so hope you get a nice copy.

Damn this is a great haul. Thanks

So going to contact email support, order still hasn't shipped from 18th.

It was yugioh switch game and a screen protector/case bundle.

Is it safe to use the monthly $5 and trade credit for a purchase on the site? Been dying to play FF7 remake but due to living in NYC it’s been damn near impossible to get a copy!!! 

If the site is still a sh*t show though I’ll just hold off until bestbuy or target restock.

Thanks in advance for any info!

I haven’t received my FFV yet and I pre ordered. It shows fedex taking a long time to hand it off to USPS. USPS still hasn’t delivered it and it was expected April 16 or 18. This was from target btw. I’m getting snnoyed

Is it safe to use the monthly $5 and trade credit for a purchase on the site? Been dying to play FF7 remake but due to living in NYC it’s been damn near impossible to get a copy!!!

If the site is still a sh*t show though I’ll just hold off until bestbuy or target restock.

Thanks in advance for any info!
I just bought the deluxe FF7 a few minutes ago, but I wasn’t using certs.

I haven’t received my FFV yet and I pre ordered. It shows fedex taking a long time to hand it off to USPS. USPS still hasn’t delivered it and it was expected April 16 or 18. This was from target btw. I’m getting snnoyed
USPS is so backed up period, a small shop shipped me something with priority 3-day shipping, it was supposed to be delivered April 10th and I just got it today. It sat in transit this whole time

USPS is so backed up period, a small shop shipped me something with priority 3-day shipping, it was supposed to be delivered April 10th and I just got it today. It sat in transit this whole time
Can second this. Just received something Priority mail today that shipped on the 6th that was only 100 miles away (same state). Also shipped something on eBay to a buyer on the 3rd (priority mail) and it still hasn't arrived. If you are shipping a package I would highly recommend UPS at this point.

Yeah if I could choose, I’d go to ups and order only from amazon since they’re not that backed up. My copy’s still awaiting USPS delivery scan. Also just got notified one package I bought from eBay was delivered in/at mailbox but don’t see it anywhere. I’ve had a “lost” package before from eBay and I hope that’s not the case with this one too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back