2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got my 12-game order from last Friday:

-PS4 - Bladestorm: Nightmare
-PS4 - Bulletstorm Full Clip Edition
-PS4 - Call of Duty: WWII
-PS4 - Dishonored 2 *Generic Case*
-PS4 - Micro Machines: World Tour *Generic Case*
-PS4 - Mothergunship
-PS4 - One Piece: Burning Blood *Generic Case*
-PS4 - The Order 1886 *Generic Case*
-PS4 - The Raven: Remastered *Generic Case*

-PS4 - Reel Fishing: Road Trip Adventure
-XB1 - Alien: Isolation Nostromo Edition
-XB1 - Syberia 3

I was hoping more than 7 would include their original cases but for the price I really can't complain!
I can always try to exchange (or trade-in) the disc-only games whenever stores open back up.

Got my twelve games. Six of them were complete but the other six didn't even have generic cases. They sent them in just the envelope. At least they were in a box so there was no risk of cracked discs, but still, no case at all on Xbox one and PS4 games is a new one for me.[attachment=33959:20200430_191159.jpg]

Got my twelve games. Six of them were complete but the other six didn't even have generic cases. They sent them in just the envelope. At least they were in a box so there was no risk of cracked discs, but still, no case at all on Xbox one and PS4 games is a new one for me.
attachicon.gif
20200430_191159.jpg
To add insult to injury, your Tomb Raider is a Red Box game (label on the hole).

Striking out on coverart for:

Alien Isolation -XB1

Mega Man Legacy - XB1

Republique - PS4

Any help/suggestions are appreciated- thanks!
You're probably going to have to make your own cover for Republique; that game had a low physical print run years ago. I doubt your local GS is going to have another copy of that game.

Wow I’ve never seen that before. Generic cases sure but just a disc sleeve? Lmao i really don’t wanna buy any pre owned game fro GameStop right now

Those getting generic sleeves likely got their items from store closings. This glitch was likely an easy way of GS to clear out stock at closing stores as they couldn't otherwise with the lockdown.

One of my local stores closed during all this and fulfilled online orders or shipped inventory to other stores.

Those getting generic sleeves likely got their items from store closings. This glitch was likely an easy way of GS to clear out stock at closing stores as they couldn't otherwise with the lockdown.

One of my local stores closed during all this and fulfilled online orders or shipped inventory to other stores.
That’s what I was thinking at the time. Even if I had something I wanted I would’ve held back. If only they made some old collectors editions available for shipping That’s be nice but it’s GameStop..

I called on Monday to have a game shipped that u preordered in store (game is already released). They said I would be getting email confirmation very soon. Still haven't gotten it, and in the website my preorder doesn't say anything different from normal.

Edit: nevermind; just got the email right before posting this.

Uhhh, did anyone else who had points issued to them from customer service have them disappear?  The 5k that was given to me for them losing my April PUR coupon aren't in my account anymore...

Update:  Actually, it's showing that my points were spent ON my new May PUR coupon?! The fuck?

[attachment=33963:picturecrop.png]

Uhhh, did anyone else who had points issued to them from customer service have them disappear? The 5k that was given to me for them losing my April PUR coupon aren't in my account anymore...

Update: Actually, it's showing that my points were spent ON my new May PUR coupon?! The fuck?

picturecrop.png
Usually Auto issued means that your account was set to spend points automatically on a reward. Do you maybe have two coupons in your offers now?

My may $5 coupon won’t add to cart, copy and pasted the code and tried entering it manually, doesn’t work. I was trying to buy a physical game btw, trials of mana on switch

My may $5 coupon won’t add to cart, copy and pasted the code and tried entering it manually, doesn’t work. I was trying to buy a physical game btw, trials of mana on switch
I'm having the same issue. Tried to use my April code, never got it to work, called in and got it converted to points.

Where are you even supposed to put the code in? It doesn't work as a coupon, it doesn't work as a gift card.

I got my order of 10 Wii U games today, all in generic black cases with no artwork. 8 of those 10 won’t boot at all, 2 work... but I’m not trusting those. Called CS for over a hour and then my phone died, I might just wait it out for the stores to open back up to return.
Also got a wrong game disk in the proper case.
I played Wii U Roulette with GameStop as well. One came with the case and works great; the other two came in generic cases and give an "INVALID DISC" error.

Between how poorly-made Wii U discs are, and how dismal GameStop's quality control of them is, I was honestly just relieved that even one worked. Hopefully the return process for the other two won't be a drag.

The code is working now. You cannot use it on anything that is currently on sale. I tossed a figure in the cart, nope because the flash collectible deal going. Tossed in a copy of RE3 - put in the coupon code and it worked no problem.

Where are you even supposed to put the code in? It doesn't work as a coupon, it doesn't work as a gift card.

It’s not working. I tried on website every way possible and also tried in the app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May coupon doesnt say "excludes digital items" like the april coupon did, but couldnt find anywhere to put the code when trying to buy $10 psn funds.

I found where to put the code, in cart before checkout, but wouldnt apply to psn funds.

Usually Auto issued means that your account was set to spend points automatically on a reward. Do you maybe have two coupons in your offers now?

Wow, I'm an asshole apparently. Yup, I just jumped the gun and assumed, I have my actual PUR coupon showing now too.

Man, sorry for my being dramatic and all, I just had a bad day yesterday and that was the cherry on top. Thanks for the heads up man.

Don't buy blind boxes.  They're just clearance/unsellable items and the chances of getting anything worth a damn are slim to none.  You'll get a crappy $5 game, an ugly wrong sized shirt, a few of those knockoff lego products and maybe a pop figure.

iirc, Gamestop did something similar to this but it was offered thru PUR rewards, it end up being some big items but can't find reports on it.

EDIT: Ordered and cancelled to see the contents. This is the random stuff that was included;

eNXDOSf.png

iirc, Gamestop did something similar to this but it was offered thru PUR rewards, it end up being some big items but can't find reports on it.

EDIT: Ordered and cancelled to see the contents. This is the random stuff that was included;
Lol told you. Its just unsellable chaff. I find it funny that they're selling Mario's ankles though (Yes I know its socks. Probably the best thing in that list lol). Also a blind bag inside a blind box...

eNXDOSf.png
Is this in the app?

I've never been able to see my order until it ships, much less be able to cancel it, from the site.

eNXDOSf.png
I see the same items under my order, so appears to be the same for all orders, not random or anything.

Does GS even check and clean their preowned controllers?  Ordered a blue Dual Shock 3, as I need a replacement for my PS3.   Got it yesterday and hooked it up to sync to the console.   Then it proceeds to act like it has a mind of it's own, moving through the main menu and pressing X randomly(it turned off the console twice doing this).  So don't know how that passed a QA check at a store or warehouse.

After a google search, it's apparently something to do with the gunk that "sweats" from the rubber of the analog sticks.  Taking it apart, used a q-tip w/ rubbing alcohol and cleaned off the analog sticks and the rubber pads for the buttons(as the gunk covered most of that pad).  After spending 15 minutes making sure everything was put back right, tested it and apparently fixed it(fingers crossed it stays that way).  Still can't believe GS sends out stuff that obviously isn't tested.

Does GS even check and clean their preowned controllers? Ordered a blue Dual Shock 3, as I need a replacement for my PS3. Got it yesterday and hooked it up to sync to the console. Then it proceeds to act like it has a mind of it's own, moving through the main menu and pressing X randomly(it turned off the console twice doing this). So don't know how that passed a QA check at a store or warehouse.

After a google search, it's apparently something to do with the gunk that "sweats" from the rubber of the analog sticks. Taking it apart, used a q-tip w/ rubbing alcohol and cleaned off the analog sticks and the rubber pads for the buttons(as the gunk covered most of that pad). After spending 15 minutes making sure everything was put back right, tested it and apparently fixed it(fingers crossed it stays that way). Still can't believe GS sends out stuff that obviously isn't tested.
GS's tester at the store level can only test 360 and XB1/PS4 controllers. But yeah if it comes from the warehouse you would think they would hook it up for at least a minute since they know it can't be tested at the store level and there had to be a reason it was sent to the warehouse as defective.

Would easily pay $35 for a box of a GOTG like Cory in da House. The actually contents are pretty funny though lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back