2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be honest. Almost everything you ordered seems like filler to me.

Sorry.
That's quite alright. I get the urge to buy old/filler games to play sometimes. The flash sale presented the opportunity to get them for cheaper than normal. I wanted some newer games, just didn't have the money to get them. Most of what I got will be added to the backlog/collection anyway, lol

That's quite alright. I get the urge to buy old/filler games to play sometimes. The flash sale presented the opportunity to get them for cheaper than normal. I wanted some newer games, just didn't have the money to get them. Most of what I got will be added to the backlog/collection anyway, lol
I get that buying stuff just because it’s on sale is the cool thing to do here, but seems like a waste of money. Buying 6 year old sports titles just to add to your backlog isn’t the best way to spend your money.

I’m trying to find some old games, do you know if GameStop is allowing people in the store or is it still curbside pickup, because I would like to have my memories back from February 2020.

I get that buying stuff just because it’s on sale is the cool thing to do here, but seems like a waste of money. Buying 6 year old sports titles just to add to your backlog isn’t the best way to spend your money.
Good point. If you have a copy of NCAA Football 14, you can send it to me. Why would you want a 6+ year old game?

Good point. If you have a copy of NCAA Football 14, you can send it to me. Why would you want a 6+ year old game?
Not sure why you think mentioning what is probably the only old sports game that has any value (only because they no longer make NCAA games) has any merit here. You’d have a point if it was one of the games they bought.

Placed an other order. Grabbed a few copies of Pokémon sapphire

Got 6 orders 31 games I hope they all ship...if not I hope I get my proper refunds

Not sure why you think mentioning what is probably the only old sports game that has any value (only because they no longer make NCAA games) has any merit here. You’d have a point if it was one of the games they bought.
NCAA basketball 2010 wants to have a word with you

Old sports games have their merit. I played MLB Power Pros 2 or whatever it was called a lot because the gameplay was pretty fun. Of course I would love more of that series to be localized, but yeah that wont happen. Also the WWE games have some specific story things for certain editions, and that version is likely better than WWE 2K19 haha. 

I'm not into sports games, but looking at the Final Fantasies on my shelf from 1 to 15, and my recent re-purchases of Legend 1-3 just because.... I could totally see a Madden/NCAA fan buy everything from Tecmobowl till 2k20. Plus older sports games are like $1.50, so filler with feelings! 

Any sports game more recent than Blades of Steel and Base Wars is a total waste of space in my book. You can’t improve on sports games that let you beat up your opponent to win the play.

I’m not counting MT Punch Out, where beating up the opponent is the point to begin with.

Just out of curiosity, I had to look up the price of some of those 6 year old sports titles he bought. We are talking like $2.99 before discount. Honestly, seems weird to even comment about a man's spending habits when we are talking like literally a couple bucks.

If we'e talking about sports games we liked I liked World Series Baseball 95 for Sega Genesis, NBA Live for PS1, and NHL faceoff for PS1. I haven't really played any sports games since. I was never really into sports so I don't even know why I got them.

Here's my haul from the flash sale.  

Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth

Digimon Story Hacker's Memory

Digimon World Next Order

Everspace Stellar Edition

Metal Wolf Chaos XD

One Piece World Seeker

Shadow of the Colossus

Yakuza 0

Yakuza Kiwami

This might be a good way to spend some GS trade credit. The company site says holiday 2020 and $550, not sure how legit the Gamestop listing is since its saying June 1st 2020 & $300.

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/arcade/products/playtable-digital-board-game-console/11102242.html
Huh... definitely more interested in spending $300 of GS credit than I ever was at $500+ in real money. We know it won't be shipping next month, but would they stick to the pre-ordered price if it goes up when it does finally launch?

Also, LOL at this from the description, obviously written before March...
Most importantly connect face-to-face, elbow-to-elbow with those you care most about

My local stores are open (TX).  Can confirm the following from my visit today:

The May $5 cert that was previously online-only now works in store, including digital currency.  Normal in-store certificates can be purchased and work as well.  I had to use the mobile browser to purchase higher value certs as they did not appear as options in the app.

Also was able to do a return / exchange and move some $ around on a preorder.

I somehow missed this madness. What promotion is GameStop running right now? Is it buy two $9.99 games and get two free? Is it buy any $19.99 games and get 50% off?

It was 20%/30%/40%/50% off if you bought 2, 3, 4, or 5 $19.99 or under used games, respectively. That died today though, so now it's just the usual b2g2 $9.99 used

My local stores are open (TX). Can confirm the following from my visit today:

The May $5 cert that was previously online-only now works in store, including digital currency. Normal in-store certificates can be purchased and work as well. I had to use the mobile browser to purchase higher value certs as they did not appear as options in the app.
Also was able to do a return / exchange and move some $ around on a preorder.
You were able to go in and shop, or is it door delivery only? I don't think they accept cash yet either.

They need to stop with these sales. Its insane. I think I've spent close to $500 at GS since this whole thing started.

Ordered some PS2/Xbox games for the first time, but they were the extremely cheap ones so I'm interested to see how that turns out.

They need to stop with these sales. Its insane. I think I've spent close to $500 at GS since this whole thing started.

Ordered some PS2/Xbox games for the first time, but they were the extremely cheap ones so I'm interested to see how that turns out.
I ordered several OGXB games a few months back and my results were not great. They were all in pretty bad shape, most were loose but got a couple real cases and a couple generic ones. A few discs had repair ring stickers on them. I think I did try to play one and it didn't load. Ended up returning the whole lot in store. Wasn't out anything other than time but I wouldn't expect much on older discs, probably all bottom of the barrel stuff that keeps getting returned.

My wife left me today, she took the kid, and my face mask and I’m left with my switch, so I’m heading to GameStop to buy doom eternal to take my mind off things. Things cannot get worse this year.

Since everyone else is posting their haul from the flash sale:

Nostalgia :ds: (Rare game, decent JRPG I've heard)
My Time at Portia :xb1: (Heard lots of good things about)
Call of Duty WWII :xb1: (CODs always have solid shooting)
Valkyria Revolution :xb1: (Heard its not so great but it looks cool)

Ever Oasis :3ds:  (Heard good things about)

Yu-Gi-Oh! The Dawn of Destiny :xbox:  (I really don't need more Yu-Gi-Oh games especially with such a limited pool of cards, but it works on the 360 and is dirt cheap)

Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories :ps2: ( I owned it before so I still have an ollllld save file)

.Hack//GU Last Recode (apparently a solid series and has multiples games in one)

My wife left me today, she took the kid, and my face mask and I’m left with my switch, so I’m heading to GameStop to buy doom eternal to take my mind off things. Things cannot get worse this year.
at least it sounds like your wife's year is getting better

Since everyone else is posting their haul from the flash sale:
Nostalgia :ds: (Rare game, decent JRPG I've heard)
My Time at Portia :xb1: (Heard lots of good things about)
Call of Duty WWII :xb1: (CODs always have solid shooting)
Valkyria Revolution :xb1: (Heard its not so great but it looks cool)
Ever Oasis :3ds: (Heard good things about)
Yu-Gi-Oh! The Dawn of Destiny :xbox: (I really don't need more Yu-Gi-Oh games especially with such a limited pool of cards, but it works on the 360 and is dirt cheap)
Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories :ps2: ( I owned it before so I still have an ollllld save file)
.Hack//GU Last Recode (apparently a solid series and has multiples games in one)
I wish GS sold more Yu-Gi-Oh products. I've been looking to order some cards, but there just isn't enough to get close to free shipping.

Is there any reason to play any of these old Yu-Gi-Oh games when the mobile games probably have more content? The only one I know of that's different is the one for Gamecube, which is more like Final Fantasy than a card game. Btw, Duel Generations will be shut down in September. You can download it now and play it offline even when it's delisted, but you won't be able to download it again if you ever remove it.

I wish GS sold more Yu-Gi-Oh products. I've been looking to order some cards, but there just isn't enough to get close to free shipping.

Is there any reason to play any of these old Yu-Gi-Oh games when the mobile games probably have more content? The only one I know of that's different is the one for Gamecube, which is more like Final Fantasy than a card game. Btw, Duel Generations will be shut down in September. You can download it now and play it offline even when it's delisted, but you won't be able to download it again if you ever remove it.
Well with the non-mobile games at least you actually own them.

The Gamecube game "Falsebound Kingdom" is an RTS with turn based battles. I like it and always wanted a sequel with more polish and less need for a strategy guide.

Is your question looking for suggestions? Are you looking for a game based on the actual card game or want to try out spin-offs Konami seemed to be experimenting with? I've played plenty of both types.

I ordered several OGXB games a few months back and my results were not great. They were all in pretty bad shape, most were loose but got a couple real cases and a couple generic ones. A few discs had repair ring stickers on them. I think I did try to play one and it didn't load. Ended up returning the whole lot in store. Wasn't out anything other than time but I wouldn't expect much on older discs, probably all bottom of the barrel stuff that keeps getting returned.
Yea that's kind of what I'm expecting. I had a hell of a time returning/exchanging a bunch of 360 games that I bought late last year, and that's just last gen games.

I think I got about 8 or so PS2/Xbox and the total for those was just under $20, so as long as I hopefully get a case or two, I might not even bother returning the bad ones.

Well with the non-mobile games at least you actually own them.
The Gamecube game "Falsebound Kingdom" is an RTS with turn based battles. I like it and always wanted a sequel with more polish and less need for a strategy guide.
Is your question looking for suggestions? Are you looking for a game based on the actual card game or want to try out spin-offs Konami seemed to be experimenting with? I've played plenty of both types.
I'm looking for any reason to play the older games, anything that's missing from the current games. For example, I think some of the older GBA or DS games were like Pokemon where you play a generic Duelist and going around and challenging other Duelists. Or like in a few of the Xbox 360/PS3 era games, I think they had tag duels. These games were all $50 or $60 when they were new, right? So there must have been features that a mobile game wouldn't have. Maybe co-op or a fighting game spin-off.

I'm sorry to hear that man. Hopefully the dark days pass quickly and lead to an even brighter future. Try to stay positive and figure out what you need to do to move forward and be happy, and then start taking steps towards getting there.

10 of the 14 games I bought recently came with generic cases and/or covers. Not surprising as I wasn't expecting any of them to have the original art or cases.

:ps4:  Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare - generic case and cover

:ps4:  Destiny 2 - generic case and cover

:ps4: Madden NFL 16 - generic cover and original case

:ps4: NBA 2K18 - generic case and cover

:ps4: Tom Clancy's The Division - generic case and cover

:ps3: Batman: Arkham Knight - generic case and cover

:360: Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2012) - generic case and cover

:360:  Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - generic case and cover

:360:  James Bond 007: Blood Stone - generic case and cover

:360:  James Bond 007: Quantum of Solace - generic case and cover

Games with original case and/or cover:

:ps4: MLB 14: The Show

:ps3: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

:ps3:  WWE 2K14

:360: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit

Meanwhile, the 3 games I ordered on the 2nd have yet to be shipped. I got the standard email on the the 5th saying they were "shipped," the Postal Service hasn't received the package yet. When GS says "no rush/economy shipping" they really mean it, lol. EDIT: I goofed on this one. It was shipped through UPS Mail Innovations to start, then USPS will be

delivering the package once they get it.

:xb1: Madden NFL 20

:xb1: NBA 2K20

:360: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

I'm sorry to hear that man. Hopefully the dark days pass quickly and lead to an even brighter future. Try to stay positive and figure out what you need to do to move forward and be happy, and then start taking steps towards getting there.
He's a troll posting made up shit like usual you can just ignore him.

Thanks smcmanus 1980 for the kind words some people like the above comment are toxic and want the worst for people.

Thinking of getting 4 from the following 6:

:360:  Tropico 3 ($2.99)

:360:  Jimmy Johnson's Anything with an Engine ($2.99)

:xb1:  Evolve ($2.99)

:xb1:  Tom Clancy's The Division ($2.99)

:xb1:  Star Wars: Battlefront ($2.99)

:xb1:  Geometry Wars3: Dimensions ($3.99)

I'm kind of iffy on both Evolve and Star Wars: Battlefront since from what I've read, they're focused primarily on multiplayer and there may not be enough people playing. I'm guessing the multiplayer for the Division will be much the same way, but at least it has a single player campaign.

I have the $5 monthly cert so I'm aiming for a total under $10. I'm going to be picking up the games at the store so I'm not worried about shipping. Hopefully they all come in the original cases...  :lol:

Several of the classic Yu-Gi-Oh games did not play like the standard game. Some like Forbidden Memories or The Sacred Cards put their own little twist on the system, and Duelists of the Roses had a grid based field with obstacles, terrain effects, and movement for both the player and their cards.

This is making me want to play Roses again. Super fun game.

To be fair forbidden memories was ment to play like the first seasons of the show up to the end of duelist kingdom.  The format the series has basically used is the one from duel disk onwards.

Duel Generations will be shut down in September. You can download it now and play it offline even when it's delisted, but you won't be able to download it again if you ever remove it.
I hate that about mobile games, you might be able to re-download the app from the store, but the rest of it is hosted elsewhere and the developers kill it so you can't download the rest.

I bought some Vita Lego games. What are the odds those come in a generic case?

I really never understood why they take games back without the cases - or at least offer the same price to trade in and sell back to someone at a discount from the “complete” ones.

I bought some Vita Lego games. What are the odds those come in a generic case?

I really never understood why they take games back without the cases - or at least offer the same price to trade in and sell back to someone at a discount from the “complete” ones.
Because a majority of people who buy video games only care about the game itself. Normal folks don't really care about whether or not a game has box art and would just happily accept a game in a generic black case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back