2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like another round of closures are coming this week, the CA store I did a pickup at told me that this GS was closing by Thursday and to use one of the others in the area.

I do wonder if this time they will be shipping stuff back to HQ, from what I can tell GS in the area are still only doing pickups so I'm guessing there isn't going to be any liquidations sale at this one.

Still surprised it was that one, it was a mostly well kept prestige, and I didn't bother to ask about the meh one in the area....
NorCal or SoCal?

Are gamestop stores in Los Angeles open for walk in customers or is it only curbside pickup?

Im hoping to use my monthly $5 power up on a $10 psn card. Did this eithout trouble in march before the closings.

Have noticed that GS seems to be using USPS more, probably just because they're getting so many orders. Almost half my orders are now USPS deliveries.

Ordered P5 to ship and 2 others for store pickup and P5 has shipped and been picked up by USPS before my in store pickups are even ready. They seem to be much more reliable and quick compared to UPS during this

Really?  I've gotten all my packages through ups oddly enough besides the first one I ordered back during the very start of the buy 2 get 2.

Also, not sure if anyone else is having any issues with this, but all my order tracking have a delivery date of the 1st. Even the ones that said they were supposed to be here today. Not sure if something happened or if its just a glitch.

Anyone ever redeemed those online reward certificates you can get using your points? I went and redeemed a $5 one which game me a code but for the life of me, I dont know how to redeem it or if I can. I pasted the code they gave me in the promo code section when you go to the cart and I get this message saying coupon cannot be added to your cart. I dont know how else to use it. Im pretty sure I may have screwed myself over cuz its Gamestop.

WARNING: Rant ahead

Well I had ordered some more games from the B2G2 sale this past Thursday and selected a store I go to every once in a while for pickup. Order was ready early Thursday afternoon, just wasn't able to go pick them up then (my mom and I bought a new puppy home). Went to the store yesterday to pick up the games and called several times while waiting outside.

I gave up after several attempts and saw that no one was there. Decided to call today to see if they are actually open before going back over there. Get the recording and it states that to protect the health and safety of customers and employees they have temporarily closed that location. So I call my home store and ask what I should do since I can't pick up the games. He said either let it cancel on it's own or cancel it on my end to get a refund.

He tells me that they're working on a completely voluntary basis and it might be the employee working at the other store may have been sickened with COVID-19 (taken with a grain of salt because I have no idea what may have happened). He also said that his store is open to foot traffic and mentioned the B2G1 sale. So I call customer service to cancel the order, thankfully I was only on hold for about 35 minutes before talking with a representative. Got the request submitted to cancel the order and she said it can take up to 24 hours for it to take effect and issue the refund.

Hopefully the employee (and his/her family) at the store where I was going to pick up the games at is doing well health wise.

/rant

Have noticed that GS seems to be using USPS more, probably just because they're getting so many orders. Almost half my orders are now USPS deliveries.

Ordered P5 to ship and 2 others for store pickup and P5 has shipped and been picked up by USPS before my in store pickups are even ready. They seem to be much more reliable and quick compared to UPS during this
Really? I've gotten all my packages through ups oddly enough besides the first one I ordered back during the very start of the buy 2 get 2.
I've never had GS use USPS directly, only the UPS Innovations or whatever where UPS handles the transport for the most part but the USPS handles the local delivery.

Also, not sure if anyone else is having any issues with this, but all my order tracking have a delivery date of the 1st. Even the ones that said they were supposed to be here today. Not sure if something happened or if its just a glitch.
I dont know, but my friend had a package from usps that said it was delivered yesterday morning, but we were checking all day. Then today the package is in the lockbox, but the tracking said it was already delivered.

Anyway, got a email saying they will either send a replacement or refund within x amount of time. The tracking said it was left at the door, but i know that it never came because the other package came and they knocked before leaving it. Not sure what happened. It was for 4 switch games that said 1 lbs. Wonder how they shipped it....

Are gamestop stores in Los Angeles open for walk in customers or is it only curbside pickup?

Im hoping to use my monthly $5 power up on a $10 psn card. Did this eithout trouble in march before the closings.
I got this done. Curbside pickup only. Called up the store and told them i wanted to use my $5 monthly reward on an eshop $10 card. Got this done in minutes. This was probably my best and fastest gamestop shopping experience ever.

Maybe I shouldn’t be expecting my replacement any time soon. Funny thing is they are sending me a replacement for my new game that came in a preowned case. If they sent me a new like I ordered, they wouldn’t have lost money on my purchase.
Got an email last night that just states "Your Order Has Shipped" in the subject line but only a Gamestop logo in the actual email body. I'm hoping it's the replacement order I've been waiting for since I haven't ordered anything lately.

NorCal or SoCal?
North.

Anyone ever redeemed those online reward certificates you can get using your points? I went and redeemed a $5 one which game me a code but for the life of me, I dont know how to redeem it or if I can. I pasted the code they gave me in the promo code section when you go to the cart and I get this message saying coupon cannot be added to your cart. I dont know how else to use it. Im pretty sure I may have screwed myself over cuz its Gamestop.
It isn't you, their rewards certificates are just a buggy mess.

It would be so much easier if they counted it as a $x gift code.

WARNING: Rant ahead

Well I had ordered some more games from the B2G2 sale this past Thursday and selected a store I go to every once in a while for pickup. Order was ready early Thursday afternoon, just wasn't able to go pick them up then (my mom and I bought a new puppy home). Went to the store yesterday to pick up the games and called several times while waiting outside.

I gave up after several attempts and saw that no one was there. Decided to call today to see if they are actually open before going back over there. Get the recording and it states that to protect the health and safety of customers and employees they have temporarily closed that location. So I call my home store and ask what I should do since I can't pick up the games. He said either let it cancel on it's own or cancel it on my end to get a refund.

He tells me that they're working on a completely voluntary basis and it might be the employee working at the other store may have been sickened with COVID-19 (taken with a grain of salt because I have no idea what may have happened). He also said that his store is open to foot traffic and mentioned the B2G1 sale. So I call customer service to cancel the order, thankfully I was only on hold for about 35 minutes before talking with a representative. Got the request submitted to cancel the order and she said it can take up to 24 hours for it to take effect and issue the refund.

Hopefully the employee (and his/her family) at the store where I was going to pick up the games at is doing well health wise.

/rant
The store near me was suddenly closed for two days because the only remaining employee had stomach issues. He's only a key holder; the store no longer even has a manager. These are strange times at the 'Stop.

Got an email last night that just states "Your Order Has Shipped" in the subject line but only a Gamestop logo in the actual email body. I'm hoping it's the replacement order I've been waiting for since I haven't ordered anything lately.
Yeah that's the "you bothered us so be happy we acknowledged you" email. They send it with replacements or refunds. I hope I get one soon. Been waiting for a replacement since the start of March but the game hasn't come back in stock so finally called them today after they ignored my email. They said they were sending me a refund now so we shall see.

I had a dispute with GameStop about a preorder item, I emailed them and 3 weeks later they sent me an email stating the have a high volume of emails sent to them and if my problem wasn’t resolved to email them. The couldn’t even bother to reply to the original email. Who is running their operations?

The store near me was suddenly closed for two days because the only remaining employee had stomach issues. He's only a key holder; the store no longer even has a manager. These are strange times at the 'Stop.
Strange times indeed. Someone could've put a sign in the door saying the store was temporarily shutting down again starting yesterday. It kinda bugs because I was looking forward to playing those particular games. It's all good though as everything happens for a reason and maybe it wasn't for me to get them from that store.

Once the Memorial Day sale is over I look for those games at other GS stores or local game and/or pawn shops.

It's been like that with a code I redeemed like 10 days ago. The code before that one worked.

I know not all stores are taking trades (mine are), but I can’t find New 3DS (Mario Black Friday 2016) on their trade in page. Do they not take it in or just take new 3Ds as regular 3DS??

I can’t find New 3DS (Mario Black Friday 2016) on their trade in page.
Sometimes items don't show up on the website/app for trades but still can be traded instore. The black v1 elite controller for instance.

Regardless I wouldn't recommend trading it as the mario n3ds currently has pretty decent cash value - much better than gs would give you in tc.

I know not all stores are taking trades (mine are), but I can’t find New 3DS (Mario Black Friday 2016) on their trade in page. Do they not take it in or just take new 3Ds as regular 3DS??
You are better off selling that anyways. They go for $180+ used. The highest trade for a 3DS at Gamestop is $40 right now.

If i cancel an online order that I used trade credit on Ill have to call them to get the credit back on the card right? or does it go back automatically? I Thought I read on here before that people had to call to get the credit back and Im not 100% sure I want to cancel said order, but if I have to deal with support to get the $$ back Ill probably just let the order go through

If i cancel an online order that I used trade credit on Ill have to call them to get the credit back on the card right? or does it go back automatically? I Thought I read on here before that people had to call to get the credit back and Im not 100% sure I want to cancel said order, but if I have to deal with support to get the $$ back Ill probably just let the order go through
If you have open stores nearby, it would be much easier to let it ship then return to store. It can be a huge pain to get credit back. In some cases due to terrible CS I never did get it back and just ate the loss.

If you have open stores nearby, it would be much easier to let it ship then return to store. It can be a huge pain to get credit back. In some cases due to terrible CS I never did get it back and just ate the loss.
ah okay. Ive had trials of mana switch ordered since 5/1, never shipped, says awaiting product availability but I noticed a store not far away has it for store pick up so I was thinking of ordering it with store pick up along with 2 other games for b2g1 but not if Im going to have to fight with CS to get the $50 in credit back. I guess I could always order anyway and then when the original order finally gets in stock and ships I can just return it. hmm decisions....

Just received my first order from game for used games. Bought the resident evil 4-7 bundle for xbo and two of them didn’t have artwork. Is there any point trying to return those two to get art? Or do I have to return all four?

I just bought new Persona 5 Royal, new Final Fantasy VII Remake, and used Astral Chain. Also bought Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon bundle for $24.99 yesterday even though I have both already.

If anyone needs to exchange cases, I'd suggest giving stores a call and ask if they have the OG case and if they'd be willing to exchange (or just give it to you) if they still arent regularly open. I called one that had the only copy of a game I needed within 40 miles and they had the OG case, and he said he'd just let me have it. You guys might get lucky

If anyone needs to exchange cases, I'd suggest giving stores a call and ask if they have the OG case and if they'd be willing to exchange (or just give it to you) if they still arent regularly open. I called one that had the only copy of a game I needed within 40 miles and they had the OG case, and he said he'd just let me have it. You guys might get lucky
In my experience, like 9/10 times I have ask for a case they just give it to me. It has mostly been with older gen stuff though.

For those that have fully-paid preorders for The Last Of Us 2 and live in a state where all GS are still closed: has there been any indication that they might offer that ship to home thing again?

Asking as I live in NY and our GameStop’s are most likely gonna be closed until July at least

I just bought new Persona 5 Royal, new Final Fantasy VII Remake, and used Astral Chain. Also bought Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon bundle for $24.99 yesterday even though I have both already.
24.99 each or for both? Was this the deal of the day yesterday I missed out I need those games still and I have the cases so I wouldn’t care if they came cart only lol

Yeah it was deal of the day yesterday, $25 for both games
Damn that’s a deal considering what they sell for on eBay. I missed out oh well next time hopefully I notice of their sales have been recurring and I’ve seen a local GameStop store with a whole 3ds case full with moon sun and ultra moon and ultra sun lol.

You get screwed
Man, shouldnt the system discount the other 2 games since the third game is unavailable?

Example: game 1 $30 prepare shipment

Game 2 $30 store pickup ready

Game 3 $30 store cancelled.

Game 2 and 3 is brand new. Dont understand how messy the inventory system is.

Since game 3 is cancelled, should the bill be around $40 since the free game got cancelled or am i still bill for $ 60 for 2 games?

You get screwed
Man, shouldnt the system discount the other 2 games since the third game is unavailable?

Since game 3 is cancelled, should the bill be around $40 since the free game got cancelled or am i still bill for $ 60 for 2 games?

Haha nope. You're paying full

Yeah they will charge you full price. When they had a B2G2 I had two for in-store pick-up that got cancelled but they still shipped me the other two games and I was charged full price. Had to go to the store to return the two that I received.

It also works in your favor sometimes. They might cancel the ones you pay for and then you get free games. GameStop has a really shitty system.

Yeah they will charge you full price. When they had a B2G2 I had two for in-store pick-up that got cancelled but they still shipped me the other two games and I was charged full price. Had to go to the store to return the two that I received.

It also works in your favor sometimes. They might cancel the ones you pay for and then you get free games. GameStop has a really shitty system.
So i check on the website status and the game is prepared for shipment. I havent pickup the one game yet. Sadly, The 3rd free game got cancelled since they probably couldnt find it.

Game 1 $29.99 awaiting shipment

Game 2 $29.99 ready for pickup

Game 3 $0 pickup cancelled

The gamestop online status shows the price is $42.40

So does that mean once items shipped and pickup, an i charge that amount? Just worried that it may readjust after everything is completed.

Also took a picture in case billing statement shows differently.

Have any GameStops reopened for in person business? If so, are they accepting trades? Just curious. Retail reopened in my state today but GameStop is still closed.
My main store reopened for customers (not just curbside) on Monday the 19th. They are only accepting trades on electronics, and the current systems/games (PS4, XB1, Switch) plus 3DS. They are also taking returns but not dealing with cash (returned a clearance Lilith action figure and put it on Saints Row 3 Remastered.)

My main store reopened for customers (not just curbside) on Monday the 19th. They are only accepting trades on electronics, and the current systems/games (PS4, XB1, Switch) plus 3DS. They are also taking returns but not dealing with cash (returned a clearance Lilith action figure and put it on Saints Row 3 Remastered.)
Wait, so if you return a game, you have to put the funds towards something else..? Is that legal?

During the last B2G2 a couple of weeks ago I ordered 8 games. Only 3 came with the artwork so I went to return them all to my local store. Long story short they had art for one of them and refunded me for the other 4 but refunded me the full price of each game not just for 2. So I got the 4 I kept for free plus a couple of bucks because every game said $9.97 on the invoices.

I was baffled at the time but it makes sense reading this thread.

During the last B2G2 a couple of weeks ago I ordered 8 games. Only 3 came with the artwork so I went to return them all to my local store. Long story short they had art for one of them and refunded me for the other 4 but refunded me the full price of each game not just for 2. So I got the 4 I kept for free plus a couple of bucks because every game said $9.97 on the invoices.

I was baffled at the time but it makes sense reading this thread.
...and this is how a company goes out of business. Simply crazy that they could allow this to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back