2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like the inventory checker is fixed and is accurate again but it doesn't let you order anything for pickup on the affected games.

I really hope GameStop drops USPS right now and sticks with UPS. I've gotten excellent service and timely shipping during this entire ordeal, but I have not gotten a single update since my package went from UPS to USPS, and it's sat in my local office for this entire week. I called them and got no response. I'm probably going to speak to UPS or GameStop if it's not hear by the end of this week.

The postal system right now is on the brink from what I've been hearing around. Incredibly sad, but I can't imagine how this is effecting the bottom line, especially with smaller businesses that can't sell anything except for online and through the mail. I've heard some talk that they've been hoarding mail. I wouldn't be surprised. USPS right now is a black hole.

I really hope GameStop drops USPS right now and sticks with UPS. I've gotten excellent service and timely shipping during this entire ordeal, but I have not gotten a single update since my package went from UPS to USPS, and it's sat in my local office for this entire week. I called them and got no response. I'm probably going to speak to UPS or GameStop if it's not hear by the end of this week.
The postal system right now is on the brink from what I've been hearing around. Incredibly sad, but I can't imagine how this is effecting the bottom line, especially with smaller businesses that can't sell anything except for online and through the mail. I've heard some talk that they've been hoarding mail. I wouldn't be surprised. USPS right now is a black hole.
USPS sucks real bad. My gamestop package took 2 plus weeks because they used USPS. I signed up for ups premium (coupon for $20 a year)and they have a setting where you can switch it so anything that is shipped smart post where it goes UPS to USPS will instead stay with UPS the whole time. It was so worth it. Now my bestbuy 2 day deliveries shipped smart post arrive via UPS in one day.

I ordered 3 controllers last Wednesday and I got an email on Saturday stating they had shipped out and I'll get them the 11th. USPS still has the status as tracking details will be available once the package arrives. My estimated date has gone up a day since I got the email and is now estimated to arrive the 15th. I'm just hoping the controllers get here before the end of the month at this point. I know things are crazy in the world so I am just rolling with it.

I've noticed that if you just google "gamestop" it list stores status as "curbside"/"in store shopping" and neither(just "closed" and what time it opens).

Of course you should still call and check, not sure where they are getting their info since the GameStop website for those stores does NOT say anything about curbside or in store..

The store that I went to today only had games. There weren't any collectibles. The store seemed empty compared to how it use to be (no not going out of business).
Did they have digital currency cards?

I hope that isn't the case when stuff over here open back up, I just want to use my $5 on Steam credit, and that $10 reward certificate that expires this month on some collectible/toy/etc.

For those on the search for a PS4, some GS stores got a small shipment of ps4 slims 1 tb, msrp $299 this week. Two stores I went to got shipments of 3 each which were quickly purchased by other customers. You cannot order for in-store pickup as far as I can tell due to the low quantity available.
You can search your area by tapping check other stores link in red font. Here is the link:
https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/playstation-4/consoles/products/playstation-4-slim-black-1tb/10147719.html

I've noticed that if you just google "gamestop" it list stores status as "curbside"/"in store shopping" and neither(just "closed" and what time it opens).

Of course you should still call and check, not sure where they are getting their info since the GameStop website for those stores does NOT say anything about curbside or in store..

Did they have digital currency cards?

I hope that isn't the case when stuff over here open back up, I just want to use my $5 on Steam credit, and that $10 reward certificate that expires this month on some collectible/toy/etc.
They still had currency cards and games, just no toys or collectibles. I'm not sure about other stores.

Looks like the inventory checker is fixed and is accurate again but it doesn't let you order anything for pickup on the affected games.
I found that if you add the item to your cart you can change it to pickup at store from the cart page itself. My immediate thought was maybe it was another bug and it'd just let you do that for any game, but no, only been able to change to pickup for certain games so I assume that means my store does have those in stock. That said, just a wild guess, my store opens in an hour so I will see if my games get cancelled or not.

I live in a very small town far away from any looting/rioting and we've had corona under control for a while now so my gamestop has been open (5 people in at a time) for a few weeks now. They'll be open today as well so maybe my order will actually work.

My gamestop opened today for foot traffic! As much as you guys hate them I love my store and I missed these people a lot. No pre-orders for THPS CE left :(

Was at my home store for a pickup and an old grandpa wanted to use cash to buy a PS4 and they wouldn't take it so I took the risk and offered to trade his cash for my store credit. Not my usual method of cashing out , but I'll take it! 

Conveniently the bank was on the way home and I deposited it no problem.  :joystick:

The $5 online coupon that I redeemed today is not working. I wanted to buy Marvel's Spider-Man with it. Strange since it worked last month on a $10 eShop card and not on a game this month.

The $5 online coupon that I redeemed today is not working. I wanted to buy Marvel's Spider-Man with it. Strange since it worked last month on a $10 eShop card and not on a game this month.
I've been trying that same coupon on games both on sale and full price and it won't work for me either.

Was at my home store for a pickup and an old grandpa wanted to use cash to buy a PS4 and they wouldn't take it so I took the risk and offered to trade his cash for my store credit. Not my usual method of cashing out , but I'll take it!

Conveniently the bank was on the way home and I deposited it no problem. :joystick:
Plus you bank those power up reward points as a bonus.

Same is happening to me they move the expected arrival date back a day every day I do not believe they have shipped my games but they have marked them as shipped.

I ordered 3 controllers last Wednesday and I got an email on Saturday stating they had shipped out and I'll get them the 11th. USPS still has the status as tracking details will be available once the package arrives. My estimated date has gone up a day since I got the email and is now estimated to arrive the 15th. I'm just hoping the controllers get here before the end of the month at this point. I know things are crazy in the world so I am just rolling with it.

If a GS still shows up as Closed Until CL:OS, what does that mean? I figure it was stores that were closed due to corona restrictions but now that things are re-opening around IL, almost 3/4 of GS around me show that still. A few others have actual hours. 

Anyone have any luck stacking the "promos we do not speak of"
Negative. I just ordered 4 3DS games for $40 and neither code applied. The S code is no longer valid at all as far as I could tell while CAG16 worked on the games that were not in this promotion (which I promptly removed from my cart)

Also, despite all my rage toward GS I placed that order, I'm a hypocrite, and I hate myself.

They killed off slickdeals16 about a week ago so you can speak all you want now. IATCG reported it to Gamestop.
You guys really think IATCG has that much power? Gamestop has their own code with CAG, if anything, they regular stalk this forum, SD and other avenues to find out this info. More than likely, they know of these issues before it even hits these sites and either don't want it fixed (as it still bolsters sales) or are working on a fix.

IATCG is a nobody and his "threats" are meaningless.

You guys really think IATCG has that much power? Gamestop has their own code with CAG, if anything, they regular stalk this forum, SD and other avenues to find out this info. More than likely, they know of these issues before it even hits these sites and either don't want it fixed (as it still bolsters sales) or are working on a fix.

IATCG is a nobody and his "threats" are meaningless.
Your right. Somebody here actually mentioned that the slickdeals16 code was only a temporary code and that it would expire on 5/31 which of course it did.

And like other posters mentioned the 2 codes were already known on slickdeals. No one cared since there isn't enough in stock to use them on.

So I got a question.. for those of you who have been inside one of your local GSes before and after the corona closures... who do those stores look? Are they about the same? Or do they look like they're being emptied out?

I'm starting to wonder if they're just reducing their footprint and focusing more towards online sales. While I've gotten many more incomplete games (95% of my games over the past month were game only, vs historically I'd say it was closer to 70%), I haven't had any order related issues- no cancellations, no missing items.
(STL County)

No accessories except for the Switch ones no one wants (GC style controllers and other wired controllers.) Very few 2019 PS4/XB1 games either new or preowned. Low used PS4/XB1 inventory on anything remotely popular in any point of the generation. Only the older TCG releases and collectibles no one wanted before March. Picked over used game selection with no Vita games left, and very few Wii/Wii U/3DS/DS. Limited amount of PS360 left, Switch section decimated, can't fill the wall.

If a game isn't preordered over a week in advance they are not getting it. Example when I wanted to do the small return mentioned earlier to put money down on Saints Row 3 XB1 on the first day they were open to the public (May 18) it was too late to get a physical copy even from their website, had to do a digital copy. They had 1 physical preorder of it on PS4 and got exactly that many copies.

On all the Switch games that came out on May 29, their 4 Xenoblade CE's didn't arrive until Monday the 1st, they got 4 standard copies with 3 preordered, and they got zero copies of the 3 2K collections since they had zero preorders for them.

Still busy with the management struggling to keep the 5 customer in store at a time limit.

When does everyone think GS will do another trade promo similar to secret trade boost weekend, etc.? If their national inventory is anything like my local store then they have nothing anyone wants in the current gen and getting inventory of those games would drive profits for them. With most locations being open for walk in business for up to 3 weeks for more I just find it odd there hasn't been a boost. After LoU 2, Ghosts, and Madden release that's all the trade credit I have built up and prospects look slim to build for the new console releases.

On a different note, what is the deal between GS and XSeed? First Rune Factory 4 Special (that I don't necessarily care about) but now the Ys IV port to PS4 that GS just does not carry but AZ and BB do. Anyone have insight to what the issue might be?

No accessories except for the Switch ones no one wants (GC style controllers and other wired controllers.) Very few 2019 PS4/XB1 games either new or preowned. Even low used PS4/XB1 inventory on anything remotely popular. Only the older TCG releases and collectibles no one wanted before March. Picked over used game selection with no Vita games left, and very few Wii/Wii U/3DS/DS. Limited amount of PS360 left, Switch section decimated, can't fill the wall.
When does everyone think GS will do another trade promo similar to secret trade boost weekend, etc.? If their national inventory is anything like my local store then they have nothing anyone wants in the current gen and getting inventory of those games would drive profits for them. With most locations being open for walk in business for up to 3 weeks for more I just find it odd there hasn't been a boost.

After LoU 2, Ghosts, and Madden release that's all the trade credit I have built up and prospects look slim to build for the new console releases.
Yeesh.. your two posts make me think they are emptying out stores and liquidating. Emptying shelves and no trade in promos yet even as stores began to re-open.

Same is happening to me they move the expected arrival date back a day every day I do not believe they have shipped my games but they have marked them as shipped.
I just checked and now my package is 25 miles away. Still has an estimated date of June 12th. Why it will take a week to go 25 miles makes no sense but that's what it says.

If a GS still shows up as Closed Until CL:OS, what does that mean? I figure it was stores that were closed due to corona restrictions but now that things are re-opening around IL, almost 3/4 of GS around me show that still. A few others have actual hours.
It means the stores manager doesn't want to open up and they can't find anyone to take over. Or the specific city isn't ready to ease restrictions.

Yeesh.. your two posts make me think they are emptying out stores and liquidating. Emptying shelves and no trade in promos yet even as stores began to re-open.
They've been running this "50% off $19.99 games and under", "4 for $20 on $9.99 games", etc. long enough now that I think they're just trying to deplete all their stock on <$19.99 games and/or or previous gen games. Wonder if they're trying to move towards more of a specialty shop type inventory.

They've been running this "50% off $19.99 games and under", "4 for $20 on $9.99 games", etc. long enough now that I think they're just trying to deplete all their stock on <$19.99 games and/or or previous gen games. Wonder if they're trying to move towards more of a specialty shop type inventory.
Well weren't they already closing stores regularly on a monthly basis? Without being about to do closing store sales for months and most stores closed for lockdown, seems like a good way move out old inventory to consolidate already planned closures while boosting sales impacted by low or no traffic in stores. Who knows, this may be the new normal but right now they are probably cashing out to save and clear inventory space until things normalize and become a bit more predictable.

Went to swap out the used Forza Motorsport 7 I got from UPS today and found out they're starting to slowly accept last gen trade-ins again. Employee says it's hit or miss on what the system will allow on games, won't find out until trying to enter it. Said it's accepting systems & controllers, but is picky on games(MGS series, Mass Effect trilogy were ones he said it accepted). Employee thinks that it might be that way as they're getting ready to switch over to next gen in a few months and might start to clear out last gen stuff out of the stores(moving it to online only).

Which if that is what they're doing, it's going to be hard to find complete PS3/360/Wii games from GS soon.

On a different note, what is the deal between GS and XSeed? First Rune Factory 4 Special (that I don't necessarily care about) but now the Ys IV port to PS4 that GS just does not carry but AZ and BB do. Anyone have insight to what the issue might be?
Might be that the supplier isn't cutting a decent enough deal for GS to order copies. It also could be supply issues. As it seems even Amazon might be getting their shipment in late. Since my pre-order says releases the 9th, but won't arrive until the 11th with 2 day shipping. Seems to be happening a lot with more niche games, as games like Utawarerumono: Prelude to the Fallen(which came out May 20th) are impossible to find at any store.

Went to swap out the used Forza Motorsport 7 I got from UPS today and found out they're starting to slowly accept last gen trade-ins again. Employee says it's hit or miss on what the system will allow on games, won't find out until trying to enter it. Said it's accepting systems & controllers, but is picky on games(MGS series, Mass Effect trilogy were ones he said it accepted). Employee thinks that it might be that way as they're getting ready to switch over to next gen in a few months and might start to clear out last gen stuff out of the stores(moving it to online only).

Which if that is what they're doing, it's going to be hard to find complete PS3/360/Wii games from GS soon.

Might be that the supplier isn't cutting a decent enough deal for GS to order copies. It also could be supply issues. As it seems even Amazon might be getting their shipment in late. Since my pre-order says releases the 9th, but won't arrive until the 11th with 2 day shipping. Seems to be happening a lot with more niche games, as games like Utawarerumono: Prelude to the Fallen(which came out May 20th) are impossible to find at any store.
Amalur ReReckoning isn't in the GS system at all either, so I just preordered the CE on Amazon after visiting my local store today to pickup my Joanna Dark Totaku figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back