2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone get any emails about getting the Last of Us 2 shipped to them instead yet?
This is for people in states that don’t have any open GameStops
Are there any states like that now? Even CA/NY/IL/MI should be letting stores open for at least curbside pickup, correct? I was able to get my P5R CE/RE 3R CE/FF 7R LE while my local store was curbside.

Are there any states like that now? Even CA/NY/IL/MI should be letting stores open for at least curbside pickup, correct? I was able to get my P5R CE/RE 3R CE/FF 7R LE while my local store was curbside.
My local store in WNY is open, they have a 5 person limit though. So I doubt they would do a 9pm launch for TLOU2. Last one I went to for Borderlands 3 the line was out the store.

Yeesh.. your two posts make me think they are emptying out stores and liquidating. Emptying shelves and no trade in promos yet even as stores began to re-open.
To be fair the Walmart's and Target's in my area (and I was just in them tonight looking unsuccessfully for rubbing alcohol to clean the laser on my Gamecube) don't have any systems or accessories either, and very few of the recent games, although slightly more game inventory than GS does on the recent/popular game front.

My local store in WNY is open, they have a 5 person limit though. So I doubt they would do a 9pm launch for TLOU2. Last one I went to for Borderlands 3 the line was out the store.
My store in STL is also 5 customer limit. I think that's pretty much a national GS limit for any store open to customers, as far as I know.

Just placed a big ass order with the pre-owned discount. I'm gonna loot the GameStop by my house for every game that comes without a case.

Just ordered another $62 in (3)DS carts. I could not resist at under $10 each.

Zelda: Link Between Worlds

DK Country Returns

Zelda: MM

Super Mario Maker

Tetris Axis

Wario Ware Gold

Goldeneye

dice rolled....

Anyone ever receive a fake Xbox 360 game from Gamestop? I bought a copy of Saints Row 2 (stocking up on bc games for Series X) and there is a sticker around the ring of the game. I can't test it because I don't have an Xbox.

uza4KyF.jpg

lvFizy9.jpg

Anyone ever receive a fake Xbox 360 game from Gamestop? I bought a copy of Saints Row 2 (stocking up on bc games for Series X) and there is a sticker around the ring of the game. I can't test it because I don't have an Xbox.

uza4KyF.jpg

lvFizy9.jpg
These are supposed to protect discs that have cracks in the center. It may still be fine to play.

ANOTHER 50% off preowned deal, I wonder what is going on?  My last B2G2 order came and all had OG cases (PS4 games)...I'd say I'm at about 70% getting OG cases from all these B2G2 and 50% off deals for my PS4 games. 

Just snagged the Cyberpunk X1X yesterday from amazon, might have to see about getting some XB1 games. 

Sorry if this has been asked haven’t found an answer anywhere if your a Pro member do you get points on trade ins? Is so do you know how many per dollar? Thanks

These are supposed to protect discs that have cracks in the center. It may still be fine to play.
Yep, that's what they're on the disc for. Which for 360 and Wii discs(DVD), leave them on as they're prone to cracking over time with heavy use around the center hole.
Thanks, I lifted up the silver sticker to make sure that there were no cracks and that the Xbox logo was on the disc and everything checks out.

They sell the silver stickers on ebay if anyone needs some for their old disc.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=Cracked+Disc+Hub+Repair+Ring+Stickers+Labels%21&_sacat=0

It is online only.... but you could pick out the games in the store, place the order online while in the store... tell the nice clerk that you had just placed an online order for these and you will back when its ready.  Go get your Burger King and then go back to pick them up.

That is if.... GameStop's online inventory is matching the store inventory and allows you to add them to the cart.

Don't you love

when you've added a bunch of games to purchase, you finally go to your cart in preparation to check out. You go to click on the page to scroll down (or do anything else really), and just as you're clicking the mouse, the "Are you 18?" question pops up. Already in the process of depressing the button, you scream in terror as you click, knowing that, to gamestop.com, clicking outside that box equates to clicking "no" for some reason.

Then you get to watch in horror as the page reloads and deletes every M-rated game from your cart.

That's just solid programming right there.

My local store just opened up recently and started taking trade ins.  Decided to take a couple cheap games i picked up at garage sales to use on the 20% bonus for Last of Us II.  I guess for whatever reason they are not taking any PS3 or Xbox 360 games right now which i am guessing due to next gen systems releasing soon.

uza4KyF.jpg

lvFizy9.jpg
I received two games like that, one Luigi mansion GameCube and one Minecraft Xbox 360. I haven’t gotten the chance to test the Minecraft one yet, but I loaded the Luigi mansion disc into my GameCube and it didn’t work.
I took off the stickers to see if that was the problem, & under them was a crap ton of goo and dust. So I’m assuming whoever put the stickers on did it to hide how dirty the disc was.
Even after cleaning it I still couldn’t get it to work though. Hopefully the Xbox 360 one isn’t the same.

Don't you love

when you've added a bunch of games to purchase, you finally go to your cart in preparation to check out. You go to click on the page to scroll down (or do anything else really), and just as you're clicking the mouse, the "Are you 18?" question pops up. Already in the process of depressing the button, you scream in terror as you click, knowing that, to gamestop.com, clicking outside that box equates to clicking "no" for some reason.

Then you get to watch in horror as the page reloads and deletes every M-rated game from your cart.

I thought that just happens to me LMAO

I received two games like that, one Luigi mansion GameCube and one Minecraft Xbox 360. I haven’t gotten the chance to test the Minecraft one yet, but I loaded the Luigi mansion disc into my GameCube and it didn’t work.
I took off the stickers to see if that was the problem, & under them was a crap ton of goo and dust. So I’m assuming whoever put the stickers on did it to hide how dirty the disc was.
Even after cleaning it I still couldn’t get it to work though. Hopefully the Xbox 360 one isn’t the same.
To be fair, gamecube discs from gamestop are a HUUUUUGE crapshoot. Their inability to properly resurface discs is exacerbated by the especially finicky gamecube discs.

has free shipping always been based on regular prices? just got free shipping on a order with final total of $30. 5 preowned games with 50% off. just seems like i have always fought to reach the threshold in the past and noticed i got the free shipping for $45+ orders.

To be fair, gamecube discs from gamestop are a HUUUUUGE crapshoot. Their inability to properly resurface discs is exacerbated by the especially finicky gamecube discs.
Yeah. Just in case I suggest trying it on a wii as generally wiis seem to be able to read gamecube discs better than the gamecube. I have a few that don't read on the gc but do on my wii.

Tempted to bite on another 5 games for 50% off before flash sale ends...but will I play them?
Yeah same boat. I'm tempted to bite on 6 more games and have them in my cart but one already went out of stock so that is helping to resist the urge. If they had more I wanted in stock I'd probably splurge.

The only thing showing in the cart is b2g2. I must have missed something.

On the homepage it shows 24.99 for the flash sale.
Edited lots of words :

1/2 off 25 and under is now WORKING.

Some notable price drops involved. Death Stranding for one.

Works on the 3 or 4 retro games remaining.

Pick up in store is still not working.

On the homepage it shows 24.99 for the flash sale.
I was all excited looking thru the $20-$25 list until i realized I still had a two $5 coupons in my cart and one was reducing the price in search... bleh. Call me back when its $29.99 and under! :beer:

Tempted to bite on another 5 games for 50% off before flash sale ends...but will I play them?
No....but that's not why you are on CAG...so, priorities

Edit: I ordered 5 more games...I will never play

Ending up biting on 5 games that I probably didn't need to buy right now, but alas. Did manage to pick up Death Stranding and Journey to the Savage Planet though (for $12.49 a piece), along with Rage 2 for $9.99 and some filler to keep the overall cost down (for the self-justification). As long as I hit the free shipping threshold, I'm golden.

Remember, you can always toss in a copy of Destiny 2 as padding to hit the minimum number of titles to hit the discount. Worth the $0.74 for a nice new coaster, in my opinion. And the PS4 version might even come with a month of Plus to boot.

Ending up biting on 5 games that I probably didn't need to buy right now, but alas. Did manage to pick up Death Stranding and Journey to the Savage Planet though (for $12.49 a piece)
Also seriously considered Death Stranding, but the reviews are mixed, time to beat is more than I care to invest, and with the PS5 announcement tomorrow, decided to wait. I can imagine if a ton of "Remasters" get announced the prices will drop even further. It's not like Nintendo who can slap a Deluxe on anything and sell 5x more copies at full price. I still don't understand how there is a full-retail market for years old games like Bioshock that people will pay full price for a portable but sub-optimal performance.... but that's just me... the old guy that can't see any bugs when playing Animal Crossing in handheld mode.

Don't you love

Even better when you do that and check to find out somehow all of the M rated ones are all now out of stock.

Glad I stayed up late, was able to get some game boy games and ni no kui switch, which are now sold out. Got pokemon blue (still available), pokemon yellow, Zelda oracle of ages, and shining soul GBA. Somewhat low expectations, I expect a few to be fake, have dead batteries, be in terrible condition, or just not ship. At $12.50 I'll take the risk.

Also, Need for Speed Heat at $12.50 (spend $100) seems bonkers. Goes for about $40 used/$50 new on eBay.

There seems to be a glitch where I cannot pickup a game in-store unless it is available for shipping (need to add to cart as ship, and then change to pickup in cart). Anyone know a way around this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back