2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Donned a mask and went to trade in some games today. Was told Gamestop is no longer accepting Wolfenstein II as a trade-in. I pointed out that the GS website still shows $5 trade credit for the game. They just said, sorry...they can’t override the system. Okay.
Wolfenstein 2 on PS4/XB1 no longer shows up in the app as tradable, only on Switch.

15$ off wouldn't be enough to me to buy a digital game. As many can get 10$ off at walmart physical as is iirc or on amazon for some prime games among other discount options. They would have to sweeten the pot much more than a minor discount. The thing that would be in its favor is if psn and other such credit was easier to come by discounted like it used to be. You used to be able to get psn cards for 2-3$ off once a month as pcgamesupply. I'm not against digital but between the lack of sales on digital games and physical copies usually being cheaper I don't buy digital if I can help it.

Like for example if fricken Ys 8 and octopath would go on sale for 20$ I'd probably buy that digitally since they aren't moving physically.
The thing is with the $10 off at Walmart, I think eventually that's going to go away once GameStop is out of the picture. I honestly can't believe they've been able to do this for a full year already.

Forza Motorsport 7 is a good Bestbuy to Gamestop flip. Might try that "new" method people on Slickdeals were talking about. The profit is high and the risk is low.
All the store's in STL are sold out of it, and shipping is $4 which kills the deal. If I order to pickup in store, earliest a copy can arrive is Thursday, and will the value still be $12 at GS by then?

Why would GameStop be out of the picture? They are like loan sharks, selling you games for dollars and then giving you pennies (in credit) for the sane game

Yes the digital downloads get stronger with each generation but they will make plenty of money I would think

Thought my local store would’ve reopened with the mall today, but alas. Called the mall’s main number, and said GS probably won’t be opening until the 26th. Oh well.

Might be a per-store basis thing, but it would sure be nice to pick up my last pre-order from March...
If your mall store was open as a SFS location, or even if it wasn't, I think there's a high likelihood your game isn't there anymore. If it was a SFS location, then your game was sent off in an online order. If it was completely closed, they may not get it or it may have been sent to another store and again sold off. Someone that frequents an enclosed mall location would need to chime in on that.

The Xbox One S I bought for $200 3 years ago came with a 4K Blu-ray drive. Not sure that’s a system selling feature for the PS5.
I say this an an XB1X owner, but XB1 is the No. 3 system this gen, and for Sony only people lots are talking about how they finally get one and how the PS4 Pro should of had one, or how they're now going to get a 4KTV since their system will have the drive and they'd been holding off on an upgrade anyway (maybe didn't buy the PS4 Pro b/c of the lack of the drive.)

Yeah most companies can’t afford to keep doing 25% to 40% capacity and with the virus going on for at least another year, a lot of stores and companies are going under, so have fun right now y’all, it’s going to be a very bumpy ride.
I wouldn't be as worried about getting a Series X if the Microsoft Store in STL wasn't in an enclosed mall. I seriously doubt BB, WM, or Target are going to do trade in deals for the new systems. I have confidence I can sell my Cyberpunk X to get the funds, but if I can't do a partial preorder to reserve one then I'm going to have to try to start selling my system in like October and be without for a month then get in line at a BB, WM, or Target on launch day like it was 2000 if GS isn't an option.

And without a good trade in deal on PS4 Pro my chance of getting both systems at launch is shot as I'm hoping minimum $200 trade in for a PS4 Pro and cashing out my 85k in reward points for another $85 off.

Did anyone trade one of the “This Week’s Top Trade Value” games last week or today? I would like to trade Doom Eternal (if I can find a local store accepting trades), but app and website show it for $20, not 30. Is it a promotion that rings up in store?

Did anyone trade one of the “This Week’s Top Trade Value” games last week or today? I would like to trade Doom Eternal (if I can find a local store accepting trades), but app and website show it for $20, not 30. Is it a promotion that rings up in store?
Doom Eternal and Final Fantasy 7 Remake were both trading in for $20 today. Maybe the values will turn over on Monday?

The thing is with the $10 off at Walmart, I think eventually that's going to go away once GameStop is out of the picture. I honestly can't believe they've been able to do this for a full year already.
I really don't think walmart cares about what gamestop is doing at all. The game discount at walmart is there to increase in store foot traffic or else they'd offer the discount on their website as well.

I really don't think walmart cares about what gamestop is doing at all. The game discount at walmart is there to increase in store foot traffic or else they'd offer the discount on their website as well.
But it also affects the price on Amazon and at some point I would think the big 3 plus the publishers will get pissed off enough to do something. It stops people from buying day 1 digital if they can get a physical copy for up to $10 less as even rural/small towns/cities (assuming they have broadband access) have a Walmart.

If (as a pro member) I can get $39.00 in TIC for Doom Eternal (assuming base price $30 and then 30% on top of that) then I am all in on that deal.

Anybody have any luck today regarding this? Ad shows a pic of the XB1 version, but hopefully that doesn't matter...

Doom Eternal and Final Fantasy 7 Remake were both trading in for $20 today. Maybe the values will turn over on Monday?

For that big flash sale two weeks ago I ordered 48 games on the website and another 17 in store. I've gotten everything except two copies of Lego Marvel Avengers for Vita that got a tracking number but still havent gone anywhere.  As for cases, none of the 3DS games had cases, the only Vita game that had a real case was a new, sealed Code: realize I got like someone else posted. For PS3 most of the games had cases and a couple also had manuals, but I got two very scratched up loose copies of Incredible hulk.  Also both my Blade Strangers for Switch were loose, but I was able to get a manual for one at a store. All my PS4 and XBOX One games were complete, but UPS absolutely stomped on one of my packages so my CTR and Tokyo Ghoul for PS4 came with badly broken cases. My 2 x Pokemon Blue and 2 Links Awakening for Gaemboy were both authentic with working batteries! 

Assuming I get the Marvel Avengers at some point, I will be happy overall. I got some great deals and I accounted for getting loose games when I decided what to order so getting cases at all was a pleasant surprise. 

Pro Day(ve) is this Saturday according to the ad for whatever it's worth.
/OP-ED

GS really should have invested in shirts relating to Animal Crossing, XC, etc. They over-bought piles of shirts they can't sell, evident by all the shirt sales they have been having in the past 2 weeks. A lot of ho-hum franchises. Oops!

/end-OP-ED

If (as a pro member) I can get $39.00 in TIC for Doom Eternal (assuming base price $30 and then 30% on top of that) then I am all in on that deal.

Anybody have any luck today regarding this? Ad shows a pic of the XB1 version, but hopefully that doesn't matter...
You would have to trade in towards TLoU2 right to get the 30% boost?

There is another shirt deal for Saturday (PRO DAY) - DOTD627.

Honestly not much else I can see. One code I can't attribute to a date because of the cluster mess that they have stuff stored in, is ATPLAYHEADSETS. But GS has been dumping headsets this week, so it might be trivial.

Other specific codes this week are DOTD624, and DOTD625. No other days. Those days only.

/OP-ED

GS really should have invested in shirts relating to Animal Crossing, XC, etc. They over-bought piles of shirts they can't sell, evident by all the shirt sales they have been having in the past 2 weeks. A lot of ho-hum franchises. Oops!

/end-OP-ED

With regard to Pro-Days, it seems like it might be a banner flash sale or ... just maybe .. a +% bonus to trade. Likely not a +5 trade - they don't seem to want to pay for anything lately. 1 day to trade is kind of shitty though, but who knows. I'll take a +$5 trade in a heartbeat though!

Banners are kept privileged on GS home logon servers, via specific users. I don't want em that bad.

PS - I got a message from Tattler4 - it showed up in my inbox, but the content was deleted and erased. Only the sender's name remained ... I bet it was juicy. Boo :(
The Tattler ones generally criticize you for allegedly taking advantage of whichever sale or glitch occurred recently. The Dave ones are a combination of self-congratulations, mention of some current deal which he takes credit for, and then thanking you for being a presumptive pro member.

Dude is jekyl and hydave, seriously.

How many of you are still waiting for games from the flash sale a couple weeks back? Anything retro and a couple Switch games were marked as shipped right away, but have had no movement. The tracking info is also for USPS as opposed to the UPS I typically get.

How many of you are still waiting for games from the flash sale a couple weeks back? Anything retro and a couple Switch games were marked as shipped right away, but have had no movement. The tracking info is also for USPS as opposed to the UPS I typically get.
I had a hassle returning a game I ordered on DOTD. Took a month and a half to get it from the time of order and the associates took one look at the date and wanted to deny it. No clue what's going on with their shipping because I had another game in the order that came almost immediately.

I had a hassle returning a game I ordered on DOTD. Took a month and a half to get it from the time of order and the associates took one look at the date and wanted to deny it. No clue what's going on with their shipping because I had another game in the order that came almost immediately.
Some of the stuff is coming from the warehouse in texas and that seems to make things take longer than the games at individual storefronts.

So, fun times with Gamestop. Ordered a Labo kit and picked it up in store, no problem. when I get home i noticed it has already been opened, it's missing some parts, and the cartridge is missing!!

Advice? just go back to store tomorrow and ask for an exchange?

There is another shirt deal for Saturday (PRO DAY) - DOTD627.

Honestly not much else I can see. One code I can't attribute to a date because of the cluster mess that they have stuff stored in, is ATPLAYHEADSETS. But GS has been dumping headsets this week, so it might be trivial.

Other specific codes this week are DOTD624, and DOTD625. No other days. Those days only.

/OP-ED
/end-OP-ED

With regard to Pro-Days, it seems like it might be a banner flash sale or ... just maybe .. a +% bonus to trade. Likely not a +5 trade - they don't seem to want to pay for anything lately. 1 day to trade is kind of shitty though, but who knows. I'll take a +$5 trade in a heartbeat though!

Banners are kept privileged on GS home logon servers, via specific users. I don't want em that bad.

PS - I got a message from Tattler4 - it showed up in my inbox, but the content was deleted and erased. Only the sender's name remained ... I bet it was juicy. Boo :(
Dotd can be found searching dotdweekxxmon/tue/wed etc

It is currently week 21.

Wolfenstein 2 on PS4/XB1 no longer shows up in the app as tradable, only on Switch.
They must have just changed it, cause the PS4 version was showing up for me in the app for $5 trade credit on Friday when I was in-store. Despite that, they wouldn't let me trade it in towards TLOU2 on release day, not for 20% extra ($6) or the regular $5.

I got the Toki Retro Collector Switch pack in a local store today for $15.99 - $5.00 pro certificate... about $11 for the mini cabinet seems almost worth it.

I have 3 games in limbo just like that, not really worried because they're not rare, I just dont want the headache if the end up not shipping.

Top values TIC are now live
Fingers crossed that I can find a place taking trade ins. Last week only about three stores in my county were open at all and none were taking trades, but some of our retail restrictions were eased over the weekend and a few new stores opened. I've been waiting for like two months to trade Doom Eternal so this would really be perfect timing.

I have 3 games in limbo just like that, not really worried because they're not rare, I just dont want the headache if the end up not shipping.
Same. I have one order from almost 2 weeks ago that's been sitting as "Just Shipped" the whole time, meanwhile I placed a Funko Pop order a day or two later and that was delivered within a few days. The first order isn't important, I just get worried when a shipment just sits in one status for more than a few days, let almost 2 weeks.

Im waiting on a 24 game order. 15 were shipped within a day or 2. The last 9, were from a warehouse, same tracking for all, saying just shipped for 2 weeks now. Customer service said to wait as they see activity on their end, but I still see just shipped for 2 weeks now. I also had to get a refund for Will a wonderful world ps4, as it seems to be missing from their website, along with Summon night 6 ps4, and Monster boy ps4, switch. Strangely those games still pull up in the app, along with used sinking city ps4 xbone, that dont show on the website.

Im waiting on a 24 game order. 15 were shipped within a day or 2. The last 9, were from a warehouse, same tracking for all, saying just shipped for 2 weeks now. Customer service said to wait as they see activity on their end, but I still see just shipped for 2 weeks now. I also had to get a refund for Will a wonderful world ps4, as it seems to be missing from their website, along with Summon night 6 ps4, and Monster boy ps4, switch. Strangely those games still pull up in the app, along with used sinking city ps4 xbone, that dont show on the website.

my son just tried to get the balances over the phone on a bunch of gift cards that have not been used but the automation said zero or they were having trouble. 

my son just tried to get the balances over the phone on a bunch of gift cards that have not been used but the automation said zero or they were having trouble.
Checking the balance on gift cards by phone has not worked for me in the past 3 months. I just use the online balance checker.

I'm good for Saints Row IV (Switch).  Lord knows where I'm going to find the time though.

Some new INFO on Pro Day !!

PRODAY627
PRODAYACC627
PRODAYCONT627
PRODAYGAMES627

I'm good for Saints Row IV (Switch). Lord knows where I'm going to find the time though.

There is a lot of games and content involved. No Switch controllers :(

[keep in mind these are only lists. The actual deal / sale price are hidden.]

ENJOY!
I don’t see anything when I try to go those urls

USPS is slow as molasses these days. First Class normally takes 3 days max but I've had packages take 1-2 weeks recently.

So I went into my store today to pick up spongebob and I returned an impulse buy on b2g2 4.99 I did last week (mostly just interested in how it would ring up the discount with different price points). So the two cheapest games rang free, when she looked at the receipt she said the two were free and no need to return. I mentioned it was on the b2g2 deal and that didn't seem fair but would keep them if she wanted. She messed around with it a bit and did the return. Seemed odd but I didn't really recognize her so she could have been new. Anyone have a return on b2g2 from the store and keep their free ones?

So I went into my store today to pick up spongebob and I returned an impulse buy on b2g2 4.99 I did last week (mostly just interested in how it would ring up the discount with different price points). So the two cheapest games rang free, when she looked at the receipt she said the two were free and no need to return. I mentioned it was on the b2g2 deal and that didn't seem fair but would keep them if she wanted. She messed around with it a bit and did the return. Seemed odd but I didn't really recognize her so she could have been new. Anyone have a return on b2g2 from the store and keep their free ones?
Most likely a new hire. Most of the regular employees won’t want to get back to working while they can make more on unemployment.

I heard GameStop will just hire new employees for the fall, there is no incentive to keep current employees that benefit from staying home, either way I wouldn’t want to be in charge of the GameStop company.

Anyone else having trouble getting items to show up in the app? Can't purchase anything since nothing shows up when you search. Had to put in an order online instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back