2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did an order late yesterday for 8 games on $15 and under B2G2. 7 are marked for shipped just now.

I did 4 $15 and 4 $10...of course it looks like they charged for all the $15 ones and the $10 ones were free. I see a store return happening on this ASAP.
That’s your fault for not buy the $15 ones in an order and then the $10 ones in a different order. Surrender your cag badge at the door.

The last time (a few months ago if I remember correctly) I tried to order a $10 eShop card using the $5 Monthly PUR cert it worked online.  Now it's not working.  Guess I'll have to pick it up in store. 

I have 3 PUR accounts.

My main account has a $10 off $60 coupon.
My 2nd account, mainly used for shipping from gamestop website, has $10 off $50 coupon.
My 3rd account, created in March of this year and used for returns, has no coupons available.

I dont know if they will be adding more to accounts, but definitely YAMV on who gets what.

Of course they did. That’s how it always works on bXgX promos. They showed you which games were free on the checkout page. You could’ve also done the math in your head before checking out. Why did you even place the order?

Didn’t you do something similar last week to “see how the pricing would work”? Why are you making all of these orders just to return them?
You are correct, except last week was in store on the 4/$10. Those ring up different ways from time to time...like discounting everything down to $2.50 which can be a better deal but instead it charged me for the higher priced games and the lower priced games were zero. At the end of the day that deal was a bust so I returned it in the 7 day used window that they advertise. Because of their fairly generous return policy of used items, I am much more likely to impulse buy with the knowledge that I can return if I have buyers remorse...or in the online case, wind up with crap.

You are also correct about the math at checkout online, I can add it all up and try to figure out what they are doing. The checkout can be a bit "buggy" too, and you never know when it will go out of stock mid order if you piddle around too long. Not sure with GS but most online stores do not actually charge until the items ship, so what actually ships or how it is priced at shipping could actually be adjusted. Often BXGXs give you the best deal as opposed to the worst in my experience. Ordering from GS can be a bit vague on pricing discounts as the checkout is not always clearly marked where the discount is being applied and adjusted, but because of the fairly simple return option, I give it a go from time to time and see how it all plays out.

Anyway, that's somewhat the logic behind the order...and I need cases for these titles...and I like to gamble.

Hopefully I addressed your questions though I am thinking they may have been malicious.

Thanks to those who mentioned the new random coupons.  Had a 10 off 50 and a 10 off 30 on expired elite accounts.  I guess these are instore only.  Coupon doesn't say it can't be a combined total but I'm guessing it might not work on multiple items

You are correct, except last week was in store on the 4/$10. Those ring up different ways from time to time...like discounting everything down to $2.50 which can be a better deal but instead it charged me for the higher priced games and the lower priced games were zero. At the end of the day that deal was a bust so I returned it in the 7 day used window that they advertise. Because of their fairly generous return policy of used items, I am much more likely to impulse buy with the knowledge that I can return if I have buyers remorse...or in the online case, wind up with crap.

You are also correct about the math at checkout online, I can add it all up and try to figure out what they are doing. The checkout can be a bit "buggy" too, and you never know when it will go out of stock mid order if you piddle around too long. Not sure with GS but most online stores do not actually charge until the items ship, so what actually ships or how it is priced at shipping could actually be adjusted. Often BXGXs give you the best deal as opposed to the worst in my experience. Ordering from GS can be a bit vague on pricing discounts as the checkout is not always clearly marked where the discount is being applied and adjusted, but because of the fairly simple return option, I give it a go from time to time and see how it all plays out.

Anyway, that's somewhat the logic behind the order...and I need cases for these titles...and I like to gamble.

Hopefully I addressed your questions though I am thinking they may have been malicious.
You don't need to do any math. The page couldn't be clearer about which games are the free ones: in cart, they'll list the regular price of each game, and to the right of it, if there's a discount applied. A free game will show as a red $0.00 with the regular price struck through.

To the people that did not get a coupon, what state are you in? I'm in Texas, stores are open here and it might be an in store coupon. I got the $10 off $60 coupon and I did a B2G1 during the Pro sale.

You don't need to do any math. The page couldn't be clearer about which games are the free ones: in cart, they'll list the regular price of each game, and to the right of it, if there's a discount applied. A free game will show as a red $0.00 with the regular price struck through.
Yeah, that sounds familiar. I was using the app. I have better luck with the search filters on there so that is my go to if I am looking for stock items to fit sale criteria. The checkout on there is crap though.

I don't order much from the desktop site unless I have specific games in mind (and sitting at a desktop). The filter there seems to have terrible options. Like I can't choose multiple price ranges and systems (DS and 3DS show up separately under other).

Yeah, maybe I should have caught it but it was later in the day and I was on the fence so I looked over $6X.XX should have been $5X.XX checkout total. No worries, I can see how it plays out and just return and apply it to my preorders if needed.

I did get shipping confirmation on all 8, 7 in one and a single.

Not sure how much will come back, but some trade values have increased.

Previously when I searched for Infamous: Second Son and  :ps4: RBI Baseball 19 they didn't even show up. Now they both have $2 base values.

Also, somehow  :ps4: Injustice 2 has a $5 base while the Legendary Edition is $6. Here's hoping  :xb1: Injustice 2 makes a comeback too :pray:

Not sure how much will come back, but some trade values have increased.

Previously when I searched for Infamous: Second Son and :ps4: RBI Baseball 19 they didn't even show up. Now they both have $2 base values.

Also, somehow :ps4: Injustice 2 has a $5 base while the Legendary Edition is $6. Here's hoping :xb1: Injustice 2 makes a comeback too :pray:
I'm really debating on what to do with my low end current gen stock. I have a literal pile of 80 or so games that I'm hoping for a +5 on to trade in, but if GS really is completely trying to get rid of stuff like that I can't see them doing a +5. Might end up trading some of them in towards the TLOU2 and then return it, even if it gives me a small loss on the games.

What they're accepting is wack. They accept a $5 XB1 game but not Fire Emblem Warriors, a frequently $30 switch game.

I'm really debating on what to do with my low end current gen stock. I have a literal pile of 80 or so games that I'm hoping for a +5 on to trade in, but if GS really is completely trying to get rid of stuff like that I can't see them doing a +5. Might end up trading some of them in towards the TLOU2 and then return it, even if it gives me a small loss on the games.
What they're accepting is wack. They accept a $5 XB1 game but not Fire Emblem Warriors, a frequently $30 switch game.
Trade value for FE Warriors tanked after Hyrule Warriors was released on the Switch.

ymmv if this is useful at all, but my main account that I use all the time to buy stuff,  got nothing, my secondary account which is mostly just used for trades, and has been dormant for 3 +/- months got the 10 off 60

Yea, if this coupon is in-store only, and it expires on the 4th = not seeing anything interesting on this week's ad to get so... gaming cards seem like the only option. 

Blah, trying the 50% off

I had in my cart: Phoenix Wright trials ds, god of war 3 remastered , ratchet and clank ps4, donkey king returns 3D 3ds and one or more went oos. Maybe I’ll try again later

Has anyone had luck calling Customer Service for replacing cases that do not have cover art?
I am an employee. If you get a game that has no artwork, go to your local store. Grab the case from the shelf and simply ask the cashier if you can have it. We have zero problems with this, at least in my region (I go to roughly 5 different Gamestops cuz I collect games and get my discount). We will let you have the case, then I'll make the generic art we have and slap that bitch right back on the shelf.

Also, if you get a blank case with no artwork, and go to the store and cannot find any original case, yet you want something in the realm of box art, we will print you one of our generic ones. It takes literally 1 min to do. I hope this helps.

I got an email for the $10 off $60 that says it's to welcome me back to my store; says for in-store use.

[attachment=34235:gs-snip.png]

Edit:

*PowerUp Rewards Basic/Pro Members are eligible for $10 off purchase when you spend $60.00 or more at register. Offer available until 7/5/2020 and cannot be combined with any other promotion, coupon or offer. Offer excludes redemption on digital or gift card purchases. See store associate for details. No dealers. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

Dang so it must be for people who haven't shopped in store since stores re opened? I didn't get one and I went in a week ago
It seems like it really just varies between accounts. 2 of my 3 accounts have the coupon; 1 shows $10 off $50, while the other shows $10 off $60.
There are even those who are receiving as low as $10 off $30/40.
This reminds me of when ebay does coupons, and only certain accounts get the luxury of being able to use it.

Dang so it must be for people who haven't shopped in store since stores re opened? I didn't get one and I went in a week ago
Nope as I got $10 off $60, and I picked up my P5R CE, FF7 LE, and RE 3 CE's during lockdown, in addition to Saints Row the Third remake download (disc wasn't available at the time,) Xenoblade Chronicles CE, and LoU P2 CE in the last month. Also have done two online orders (Platinum headset in April and B2G2F $10 or less on Saturday.)

I bought $80 of XBox currency for $70 for a preorder of Madden 21 MVP digital with the EA double discount (10% off loyalty, 10% off EA Access.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back