2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
My B2g2 order of 4 $50 PS4 games shipped!
I've had nothing ship from b2g1 saturday or b2g2 yesterday. All recent releases though like doom, ffvii, p5r, re3. GS must be selling inventory they don't have... I even paid the 1.99 for shipping and they haven't processed crap.

I did manage to get an order for 4 games using store pickup and confirmation that the store has all games ready for me.

No coupon here either. I'm in Texas and my store never closed.

I didn't make it to Gamestop on Pro Day to renew my membership, but I was near there on Sunday so I stopped in to use my $5 monthly certificate on a $10 eshop. I went ahead and used my points to renew Pro and the cashier told me it comes with a $5 certificate, so that and my monthly cert covered the cost of the $10 eshop. Checking my account today, I got the 5k bonus points anyway (from the pro day offer). A $5 certificate, and $5 in points seems like a pretty good deal to me.

Looks like the party on B2G2 on any non-switch pre-owned games (any price) is over. I was debating adding to the Wii flip stock but looks like that isn't an option now! :speaktothehand:
Boo, yesterday I placed orders for B2G2 and a B4G6 (all under $10) and this morning they were cancelled, anyone else seeing their orders cancelled?

Edit: the store glitch allowing it still seems to be active though for $9.99 games, I can place them back in the cart at the same discount.
Looks like B2G2 free on higher priced games of $14.99 is dead. Did anyones order actually go through?
I've had nothing ship from b2g1 saturday or b2g2 yesterday. All recent releases though like doom, ffvii, p5r, re3. GS must be selling inventory they don't have... I even paid the 1.99 for shipping and they haven't processed crap.

I did manage to get an order for 4 games using store pickup and confirmation that the store has all games ready for me.
My order went through. I received two emails about 11am this morning (I placed the order about 1am). One shipment has one of the four 19.99 games and it shows on UPS tracking that it's scheduled for delivery tomorrow, Tuesday 6/30. The other three are in a different shipment and that shows (also UPS tracking) deliver on Wednesday 7/1.

As of right now, both tracking pages show UPS Ground, so that may be why they're scheduled to arrive so quickly. If the "No-Hurry" free shipping means that UPS hands it off to USPS, then I'm happy I paid the 1.99 for Standard shipping, if that means UPS the whole way.

Of course, this could change within 24 hours... 8-[

Perhaps it's because it was four last-gen games that it was processed so quickly. I don't know... as many have already observed in the thread, with GameStop there seems to be no rhyme or reason to what goes through and what doesn't. I'll update when I get both shipments.

I really hope all four have the original cases/artwork, but since they're last-gen, I'm not going to get my hopes up.

P.S. I'm in San Antonio, TX and didn't receive a coupon. Seems to be a random thing. My Pro Rewards is due for renewal in July though. I might stop by the closest store tomorrow and use the $5 monthly cert for June toward renewal. I still like getting the physical copy of Game Informer, so the cert will basically go towards that. Then again, I still read newspapers, too. :oldman:

Dang so it must be for people who haven't shopped in store since stores re opened? I didn't get one and I went in a week ago
Yeah, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. I bought a game in store last week and received the coupon in my email yesterday ($10 off $60). I’m not even a PRO member anymore, but they still had me authenticate at purchase.

Someone in this thread said you can’t use it for pre-orders, though I didn’t see that noted in the email...maybe I missed the fine print. Wanted to use it towards “Ghost of Tsushima”.

Cash is always better than credit, if you're willing to take the risk of meeting people in person these days. They have +$25 trade in promo now, so I wouldn't expect much more for whatever PS5 promo they end up doing.

JFDpw97.jpg
Guess this was pushed back to 7.1 cause I sure didn't get the extra on 6.29!

No joy here on the coupon (in PA) so we'll see.

On another note:  I do not like the wording on this Wii U DoTD email...I am in the market for a Wii U pro controller but it shows a picture of a 3rd party one and says "assortment".  Both of the stores near me have it in stock so I can just call and confirm...anybody have any experience with this in the past?  

Sorry if someone answered me and I missed it, but is the B2G2 $9.99 and under in store as well or online only? My local store has a handful of games in the $5-$8 range that gamestop won't let me do an in-store pickup order for because they aren't in stock online so I can't add them to my cart. 

No joy here on the coupon (in PA) so we'll see.

On another note: I do not like the wording on this Wii U DoTD email...I am in the market for a Wii U pro controller but it shows a picture of a 3rd party one and says "assortment". Both of the stores near me have it in stock so I can just call and confirm...anybody have any experience with this in the past?
Ordered one back in April, the one listed for DoTD should be the Nintendo brand one. As that's what I got when I ordered mine for that listing(was selling for $30 back then). There's another listing for $19.99(not on sale) that's for the crappy 3rd party ones. If you do decide to order and get a non-Nintendo controller, just return it.

Just be warned though, it mentions in the description that it doesn't come with a charging cable. Although mine did have one with it. So it's probably a wild guess if you're get a cable with it.

Sorry if someone answered me and I missed it, but is the B2G2 $9.99 and under in store as well or online only? My local store has a handful of games in the $5-$8 range that gamestop won't let me do an in-store pickup order for because they aren't in stock online so I can't add them to my cart.
Really? For 9.99 and under its been B2G2 all year. It's even in the gamestop ad most weeks. Yes, it's in store. They rarely have signs for it up, though.

The 500m DS4 controller I bought will be here Thursday. Curious if I actually get it or it is a different one.
I ordered 2 DS4 controllers. One titanium blue and one crystal clear. Both are still showing IN PROGRESS. I wonder if they even have them in stock.

Ordered one back in April, the one listed for DoTD should be the Nintendo brand one. As that's what I got when I ordered mine for that listing(was selling for $30 back then). There's another listing for $19.99(not on sale) that's for the crappy 3rd party ones. If you do decide to order and get a non-Nintendo controller, just return it.

Just be warned though, it mentions in the description that it doesn't come with a charging cable. Although mine did have one with it. So it's probably a wild guess if you're get a cable with it.
Thanks for the response...I called the store and they confirmed it was an official nintendo controller, black, and has the charging cable. This is an awesome store and they helped me find the Death Stranding PS4 Pro from CA...I will ensure I leave them great feedback.

Really? For 9.99 and under its been B2G2 all year. It's even in the gamestop ad most weeks. Yes, it's in store. They rarely have signs for it up, though.
I may have to go in store (they might be open) and see what is in stock for the b2g2. Thank you.

I may have to go in store (they might be open) and see what is in stock for the b2g2. Thank you.
For a looooong time they always had the "4 for $20" signage up when those deals were live. Same deal, different verbiage...people love to see the word "free" though so I think they switched to that.

My order went through. I received two emails about 11am this morning (I placed the order about 1am). One shipment has one of the four 19.99 games and it shows on UPS tracking that it's scheduled for delivery tomorrow, Tuesday 6/30. The other three are in a different shipment and that shows (also UPS tracking) deliver on Wednesday 7/1.

As of right now, both tracking pages show UPS Ground, so that may be why they're scheduled to arrive so quickly. If the "No-Hurry" free shipping means that UPS hands it off to USPS, then I'm happy I paid the 1.99 for Standard shipping, if that means UPS the whole way.

Of course, this could change within 24 hours... 8-[

Perhaps it's because it was four last-gen games that it was processed so quickly. I don't know... as many have already observed in the thread, with GameStop there seems to be no rhyme or reason to what goes through and what doesn't. I'll update when I get both shipments.

I really hope all four have the original cases/artwork, but since they're last-gen, I'm not going to get my hopes up.

P.S. I'm in San Antonio, TX and didn't receive a coupon. Seems to be a random thing. My Pro Rewards is due for renewal in July though. I might stop by the closest store tomorrow and use the $5 monthly cert for June toward renewal. I still like getting the physical copy of Game Informer, so the cert will basically go towards that. Then again, I still read newspapers, too. :oldman:
Given your proximity to the warehouse it's likely that is the reason.

For a looooong time they always had the "4 for $20" signage up when those deals were live. Same deal, different verbiage...people love to see the word "free" though so I think they switched to that.
The in-store deal used to discount everything down to $5 or $2.50 depending on the 4/$20 or $10. Recently I did a purchase of 4/$10 mixed pricing (iirc $5, $4, $3, $2) and it came out to $9 discounting the lower price games to zero. Been a while but that transaction would have been more like $9.50 by discounting the ones over $2.50 down to that pricing. Just an FYI if you are doing mix/match pricing in store.

The 500m DS4 controller I bought will be here Thursday. Curious if I actually get it or it is a different one.
i dont know if you ordered off that link that someone posted here, but it was for a gold controller. the drop down menu showed gold even though the picture was 500m

i dont know if you ordered off that link that someone posted here, but it was for a gold controller. the drop down menu showed gold even though the picture was 500m
Nope. There was just an error in the dropdown menu. Once added to cart it clearly said 500m version.

Since these shipped yesterday from Forth Worth I had my order arrive today. I have no idea where they got/found these but I now have a complete 4 matching controllers to the console.

[attachment=34239:20200630_155551.jpg]

I always have a ton of random crap added to cart to see if any random promos are going on... but I would like to know some sekret exproits too! :)

Nope. There was just an error in the dropdown menu. Once added to cart it clearly said 500m version.

Since these shipped yesterday from Forth Worth I had my order arrive today. I have no idea where they got/found these but I now have a complete 4 matching controllers to the console.

attachicon.gif
20200630_155551.jpg
They look brand new from that picture you posted. Do you think they converted new to pre-owned?

They are not. I just got done cleaning them up. While I would call them good condition for used controllers, all 3 definitely have been used.
Did you order them separately? I was only able to have 1 in my cart.

And Feedback123 is probably Dave, y'all better watch out.

I got a PUR coupon code $10 off $50 or more but the code wont work. When i try to add it, it tells me "coupon can not be added to your cart". I tried it on a PS4 game and the mini Genesis, so idk why it wont work. Any ideas?

I chuckled earlier this morning, over coffee, when I saw the deal and noted that GS's best "flagship" photo for the DOTD was for a Nyko.

Thrift stores can't move cheap Nyko's for even a couple bucks, yet GS wants $20 a pop .. Tehehe.

Nyko == low quality cheap controllers, (high probability of not working). When they do work, the buttons make loud sounds for each click. Also the controller portions are either too stiff or too loose - and they make annoying creaking sounds when used. The analog usually breaks first, at no fault to the user.

FYI. Fun stuff.

I got a PUR coupon code $10 off $50 or more but the code wont work. When i try to add it, it tells me "coupon can not be added to your cart". I tried it on a PS4 game and the mini Genesis, so idk why it wont work. Any ideas?
My email was titled: Here's $10 to welcome you back to your Gamestop store and on the coupon it clearly states available for use in store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back