2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Four for $30 on preowned games $14.99 and under, also spend $60 from 8/2 through 8/8 and get a $10 coupon in your active offers on 8/9.

Nothing indicating any trade bonus. The stealth bump values are still there but likely wouldn’t change for at least a couple of hours, anyway.

I'm curious if the spend $60 get $10 works in store as well.  I just placed an order a few days ago that's supposed to be delivered by Monday.  I imagine their system just tracks everyone's membership purchase activity during this time?  

I haven’t bought a used game from GameStop in a really long time. Do most of their games still come without a case and manual (assuming the game even came with a manual)?

I haven’t bought a used game from GameStop in a really long time. Do most of their games still come without a case and manual (assuming the game even came with a manual)?
Current gen games most likely will come with a case, though very few actually have a manual when they were first released. The chance of a game being complete goes down each previous gen.

Current gen games most likely will come with a case, though very few actually have a manual when they were first released. The chance of a game being complete goes down each previous gen.
So should I expect PS3 and Wii U games to only include the disk?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am 50/50 on getting PS3 games in their original case. 100% of the PS3 games I've bought have worked fine.

It's very much ymmv
It depends on where you're getting them from (store vs warehouse) on how likely they'll work and that is largely dependent on how common they are. also note that he said complete, not just with case.

The vast majority of Wii U games didn't come with manuals to begin with. They had already started going away from manuals during the end of the Wii era.
Right, which is why I made a parenthetical comment at the end of my post that address that issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It depends on where you're getting them from (store vs warehouse) on how likely they'll work and that is largely dependent on how common they are. also note that he said complete, not just with case.
I was just posting my own experiences, 100% of PS3 games I've gotten from warehouse have worked fine. As for the complete stuff I shouldn't even have to say it but obviously it depends on what time frame he is looking for. Most later PS3 releases did not have manuals, so just getting the box is considered complete. If he is looking for earlier stuff then it's obviously going to be super rare to get a manual but less rare to get the original box at least.

Regardless, my main point is that it's a crapshoot but not impossible.

I cant place orders either, paypal, credit cards, trade credit, I get denied every single time. thing is I havent done any charge backs.
I've been in exactly this situation for about a year. Was an Elite member for years, now a Pro member. Have tried to place online orders of various items countless times. Errors out regardless of payment method used. Tried to place order via phone through Customer Service...received "order cancelled" emails.

Never have a problem with in-store purchases, using a variety of payment methods (cash, store credit, credit cards, GameStop gift & eGift cards, GameStop coupons). Never did a chargeback, have only gotten a purchase refunded once (in-store for unreadable disk). Never had an issue with Customer Service or in-store staff, who recognize me and know my name.

No clue why this company doesn't want my money. I'm at high-risk for COVID-19 (due to age & being auto-immune compromised), making it unwise to shop in-person. Would've loved to snagged some items during GS sales, but I've been thwarted at every turn. Gaming money is now spent elsewhere. <smh>

I got 4 Wii games that I wanted in this current sale. I'm really hoping some come with cases/instructions, but I won't be surprised if they don't. The investment was so small (5 bucks each for games I wanted) I figured it was worth the gamble. I also got a GBA game that I've wanted to pick up (A Castlevania one) so I'm hoping it's authentic AND the battery works. Always a gamble with used online.

Geesh, shin Megami games have skyrocketed for the second time this year. Even strange journey redux which was pretty easily available for $20ish new/pre-owned when the others went up is now $50/$60.

Silent Hill and now Shin Megami... I don't understand why people avoid games that are plentiful and cheap for years and then once they finally become scarce and expensive jump on the bandwagon. Silent Hill games were common and many were even GH titles for years. And the Shin Megami games (such as the one you're mentioning, Strange Journey Redux) was on clearance for $20 pretty much everywhere brand new for the last year or so. People had more than enough time to buy these. Everyone should know by now that once niche games hit a certain price point that it makes sense to buy them if you're interested especially now that reprints are basically nonexistent for niche games that go OOP because the demand for physical media is dying.

The vast majority of Wii U games didn't come with manuals to begin with. They had already started going away from manuals during the end of the Wii era.
I miss manuals. Smash Bros on Wii U came with a manual and it's pretty good! I guess the standard these days is paying $10 more for an artbook instead of a manual. I'd totally pay extra for ye-old manual!

Anyone hear anything about whether or not the "spend $60 get $10 back" is good for both in-store purchases and online?
I was in-store last night and was told it worked for both. The manager even suggested I went back and dropped the 60 there. I believe they have signs up as well

When do you earn the $10 cert? What happens if you buy some stuff but end up making a return? I am actively collecting up some 3DS cases doing buy/returns under the 7 day return policy.

When do you earn the $10 cert? What happens if you buy some stuff but end up making a return? I am actively collecting up some 3DS cases doing buy/returns under the 7 day return policy.
I mean, if they were smart they would give the certificate after the return policy so people can't buy stuff and then return it and still get the certificate.

I’m all for asking questions but I don’t get when someone asks a question that can be answered by visiting GameStop’s website. The banner for the deal clearly states when the coupon would be received.

8/9 for those too lazy to check themselves.

Some look good while others will be going back:

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

This is weird... you get real inserts in black generic cases sometimes yet also can get GS cover art in a real PS3 case...

s-l1600.jpg

I’m all for asking questions but I don’t get when someone asks a question that can be answered by visiting GameStop’s website. The banner for the deal clearly states when the coupon would be received.

8/9 for those too lazy to check themselves.
Apologies, dumb question.

"Spend $60 from 8.2-8.8 and get a $10 coupon delivered to your active offers on 8.9"

So it seems if you are buying and returning stuff it might trigger the coupon. Is there any clarification on if it has to be in a single transaction or is it accumulative? Online and/or in store? Not seeing any "fine print" on the app banner.

Apologies, dumb question.
The fine print at the bottom of the today's email specifies it must be a single $60+ transaction.

Fair question because the promo banner online gives no details at all. I did mine instore today to be safe. I have zero trust in the website to not screw it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoping trades hold for tommorow. Bought a lot of Wii games for $20 and 6 of then trade $15-22.

Trouble now is finding stuff to buy. I cleaned out the Vita section and the Wii u stuff since I'm going for a full set.

Just went to trade in a few games the manager asked me if I wanted to preorder anything with the extra game credit I told him I was going to save it for the PS5 he said that his store is putting down 100$ on a lightsaber so when preorders get announced he'll just roll it over to the preorder of the ps5 I told him yes I asked him if I had credit left over if I could set aside a "lightsaber" that would be for an Xbox and he said yes so with what was left over I put down 150$ for each system. Is anybody's stores near them doing something like this?
My store took out a clipboard and said they would call me when they start taking preorders.

Silent Hill and now Shin Megami... I don't understand why people avoid games that are plentiful and cheap for years and then once they finally become scarce and expensive jump on the bandwagon. Silent Hill games were common and many were even GH titles for years. And the Shin Megami games (such as the one you're mentioning, Strange Journey Redux) was on clearance for $20 pretty much everywhere brand new for the last year or so. People had more than enough time to buy these. Everyone should know by now that once niche games hit a certain price point that it makes sense to buy them if you're interested especially now that reprints are basically nonexistent for niche games that go OOP because the demand for physical media is dying.
Tbh, over the last few months, a lot of solid value retro games have jumped in value by a bunch. Not sure if it's temporary due to people feeling bored and nostalgic during lockdown or if the high prices will hold afterwards, but I'm sure recent chatter about both those franchises certainly doesn't help

Is there a trick/workaround to purchasing games online for pickup at more than 1 store? Or is it just not possible? Trying to order 4 games for the 4 for $30 deal,  but only 3 are available for pickup in a particular store. Every time I choose the other store for the remaining game, the whole order defaults to the other store and thus I cant checkout

Is there a trick/workaround to purchasing games online for pickup at more than 1 store? Or is it just not possible? Trying to order 4 games for the 4 for $30 deal, but only 3 are available for pickup in a particular store. Every time I choose the other store for the remaining game, the whole order defaults to the other store and thus I cant checkout
You’ll most likely need to buy a 4th game that you don’t actually want at the first store and then exchange it for the game you do want at the second store. If you feel pretty confident that your game will still be in stock, you can just buy the four games and the exchange should be pretty straightforward. If you’re worried about the game selling out, you may want to go ahead and buy it in a second transaction and then get refunded when you pick it up. That will be more complicated, but it should still work. They may end up having to “return” all five games and then re-selling the four that you want.

What are you guys buying for this $10 coupon for spending $60? I see no deals worth doing... maybe FE sessions DotD later this week but doubt the price will be great.

What are you guys buying for this $10 coupon for spending $60? I see no deals worth doing... maybe FE sessions DotD later this week but doubt the price will be great.
woah how do we know Tokyo Mirage Sessions will be DoTD this week? I’ve had that on my watch list since Wii U. Even $10 off I’d be tempted. $39.99 tho, I’d use my ceros to get it cheap. I hope this comes true.

Got $45.50 for NSMBU toward Paper Mario, cashier said that’s the most he’s ever seen a game trade in for. He clearly doesn’t know about the summer of 2015 when Pikmin 3 went for $72 with a trade in promo lol. (or was is summer of 2016???)

But 5,000 points disappeared randomly so I assume a auto cert happened but it hasn’t showed up so I didn’t get to use it, oh well
Or when I think it was Mass Effect 2 traded for $56 w/promos a few months after release.

The July weekend years back where buy 2 get 1 overlapped with 70% trade and a weekend bump was the most fun thing ever, and we all knew it was coming because of leaked signage. You could buy 6 mediocre first party 3ds games and trade them down the street for nearly double. Unfortunately it made it to Twitter by Friday night and all hell broke loose.

There is about 20 stores within 20minutes of me and only 2 had Ghost of Tsushima in stock. Picked up GoT and $15 Xbox Credit to make sure I was over the $60 minimum for the coupon. Man getting $39 trade in for COD in August is great.

There is about 20 stores within 20minutes of me and only 2 had Ghost of Tsushima in stock. Picked up GoT and $15 Xbox Credit to make sure I was over the $60 minimum for the coupon. Man getting $39 trade in for COD in August is great.
I got $32.75 for RE3: Remake and only paid $40 for it...wound up getting Paper Mario but the store requested a local copy of GoT that I can swap out...the manager is awesome and I always leave him stellar reviews. He helped me track down the Death Stranding PS4 Pro back during the holidays.

Got $19.50 for RE2 and I know i can get that for under $20, not to mention whatever BF brings this year...

woah how do we know Tokyo Mirage Sessions will be DoTD this week? I’ve had that on my watch list since Wii U. Even $10 off I’d be tempted. $39.99 tho, I’d use my ceros to get it cheap. I hope this comes true.
Sam here! I have about 60 worth of store credit that I was about to use and now Im gonna wait to see if this is true

Got shot down trading non current gen games. I guess I was under the wrong impression that they were accepting them again? Or is the policy different by store/region/state?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back