2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I traded in wii and x360 games on saturday. Not sure on the official policy. Website says current gen only, but also says now taking retro. Not surprised people are being told no. Maybe try another store if you can.

AFAIK San Pablo is still operating, just can't go inside because they still haven't gotten new windows. I know they're still doing returns and normal transactions, so you could definitely try there. Although I'm really not sure about 360/PS3 games if you have any of those, I can definitely confirm 3DS/Wii are still able to be traded in the area.
Just called them (San Pablo) and they aren't doing trades and they said Gamestop in general isn't taking non current gen games. 🙄

Sigh. No worries, just confusing that each store/region/state is doing something different.

I got turned down for trading in PS3 games in SoCal on Saturday...guy said that the games were in the system but he couldn't take them in. 

Are the games showing up as tradeable/value on the app/website for those of you getting turned down?

Edit: Pricing and sales are nationwide, not regional?

I enjoyed Tokyo mirage on Switch. I think I like it more than Persona 5 Royal. I mean Persona 5 is probably better (way more depth, more to do) but there's soooooooo much garbage in that game, sometimes less is more. Storyline in Mirage is cringey, but gameplay/battle system is solid.

Are the games showing up as tradeable/value on the app/website for those of you getting turned down?

Edit: Pricing and sales are nationwide, not regional?
Yes ($10+ for a Wii game for me). Multiple associates are telling me that non current gen games aren't being accepted at the moment.

Huh I just traded in a huge stack of last gen games. Mario kart Wii new super Mario Bros Wii. Call of duty Black ops 2 Xbox 360 ECT

It must be store by store.

Was also confirmed that store's need numbers to survive.

woah how do we know Tokyo Mirage Sessions will be DoTD this week? I’ve had that on my watch list since Wii U. Even $10 off I’d be tempted. $39.99 tho, I’d use my ceros to get it cheap. I hope this comes true.
Wednesday (probably - 8520)

Not sure how much better it is than the Wii U version which I still see in a few Walmarts if you brickseek.

As for last gen game tradeins - just call up a store and ask them if they will accept them. I’m pretty sure the system will let them, probably just a manager discretion thing. I traded in a few extra copies of Wii stuff amazon wasn’t taking at this point.

The July weekend years back where buy 2 get 1 overlapped with 70% trade and a weekend bump was the most fun thing ever, and we all knew it was coming because of leaked signage. You could buy 6 mediocre first party 3ds games and trade them down the street for nearly double. Unfortunately it made it to Twitter by Friday night and all hell broke loose.
That was such a glorious weekend. I boomeranged and flipped to get enough credit for my PS4 pro and x one x during that.

My local GS isn't taking last gen either, despite what the website says.

GS's trade-in website says current-gen only, so it's YMMW - (I don't think they want them, despite another internal GS department posting prices, thus indicating they want them -- Local DL's RL's don't want them).  Maybe it hurts the store to ship stuff back to GrapeVine.  It's all about metrics...  and they want to look good in these times...  Covering your ass, screw the customer consistency, or anything related...

woah how do we know Tokyo Mirage Sessions will be DoTD this week? I’ve had that on my watch list since Wii U. Even $10 off I’d be tempted. $39.99 tho, I’d use my ceros to get it cheap. I hope this comes true.
On the deal of the day right click over the pricetag icon and copy the URL, paste it into the address bar and you can probably guess what part of the URL to change to. Sometimes you can get like three days ahead and on rare occasions more. Also the stuff advertised on the big part on top of the Deal of the Day page doesn't necessarily always show in the results.

So...does the whole "spend $60 get $10" deal have any transaction specifics that I'm not seeing? Like, if I pay for part of my order with trade credit do they count the actual total or just what portion of it was paid with real human monies?

On the deal of the day right click over the pricetag icon and copy the URL, paste it into the address bar and you can probably guess what part of the URL to change to. Sometimes you can get like three days ahead and on rare occasions more. Also the stuff advertised on the big part on top of the Deal of the Day page doesn't necessarily always show in the results.
thanks for the info!

Last two transactions in my rewards activity are around 1000 points higher than they should be, is there a promo I'm not aware of? Or is this why people's points fluctuate randomly? 

PS4 Overwatch and rainbow six siege are both 14.99 and qualify for the 4 for $30 deal, and overwatch has a base TIV of $15 and Rainbow 6 has a base of $12. Good flips if the value holds and it’s convenient.

I managed to find them in stock at 2 stores half a mile of each other , happy hunting!

PS4 Overwatch and rainbow six siege are both 14.99 and qualify for the 4 for $30 deal, and overwatch has a base TIV of $15 and Rainbow 6 has a base of $12. Good flips if the value holds and it’s convenient.
I managed to find them in stock at 2 stores half a mile of each other , happy hunting!
Stores already closed on the east coast. Trade values will tank tomorrow. If you or anyone else is interested in finding and sharing these deals (without wading through countless pictures of ncaa football), I’ve been trying to point out opportunities in the trading discussion in the lounge. new accounts are not allowed to post there.

Last two transactions in my rewards activity are around 1000 points higher than they should be, is there a promo I'm not aware of? Or is this why people's points fluctuate randomly?
It was talked about pages ago.

which are at 4X currently for online orders.
Hmm, my extra points definitely aren't 4x. They've never really been exact as far as listed receipt vs points / 20 or whatever - always figured they rounded somehow and maybe didn't account for tax. I have almost 300k points at the moment, just don't have a great outlet for them since the certs never work on deals these days and I don't really need to horde any more digital currency.

I had multiple sets of switch games to but traded a few in this bump round and just kept 2 - 1 set for playing (eventually) and only one set for if CSAC ever comes back.

Amazingly now you can subscribe to Game Informer 1 year for $15, and 2 years for $20! :shock:

Hmm, my extra points definitely aren't 4x. They've never really been exact as far as listed receipt vs points / 20 or whatever - always figured they rounded somehow and maybe didn't account for tax. I have almost 300k points at the moment, just don't have a great outlet for them since the certs never work on deals these days and I don't really need to horde any more digital currency.

I had multiple sets of switch games to but traded a few in this bump round and just kept 2 - 1 set for playing (eventually) and only one set for if CSAC ever comes back.

Amazingly now you can subscribe to Game Informer 1 year for $15, and 2 years for $20! :shock:
Spend the points! In-store certs still work!

The next earnings call will be the first week of September -- it's not going to be rosey. [The current quarter is over, but there is a delay before investors know about everything]

I feel bad for Game Informer .. I actually like the physical magazine while on the can. I paid the extra $5 for physical! :shock:

Looks like at least one game I checked yesterday dropped a lot NHL 20 dropped from $10 to $6 for XB and from $15? to $6 for PS4. Looks like COD MW is still at $30 as of right now so hopefully it holds.

I had a store refuse a Wii Sports trade-in yesterday but it looks like it actually held its value ($15 base) so I'm going to try again at another store that took 6 of my Wii games last Friday.

On another topic, I just bought $150 worth of Xbox gift cards yesterday from GS from my trade ins to put towards the XSX.  So if anyone is wondering if you can use trade credit online for xbox gift cards, it still works! 

I combined that with the Amex platinum offer on SD from yesterday (spend $100, get $100 back) on my card and my wife's card.  Sitting on close to $400 towards next gen, here's to hoping I can actually pre-order one from the MS website! 

On another topic, I just bought $150 worth of Xbox gift cards yesterday from GS from my trade ins to put towards the XSX. So if anyone is wondering if you can use trade credit online for xbox gift cards, it still works!

I combined that with the Amex platinum offer on SD from yesterday (spend $100, get $100 back) on my card and my wife's card. Sitting on close to $400 towards next gen, here's to hoping I can actually pre-order one from the MS website!
You think that the XSX is going to be $400?

You think that the XSX is going to be $400?
No, I was just saying I have close to $400 towards the next gen (had some MS credit in my account from a while ago...). I'm thinking it will be $500 for the XSX and the PS5.

Getting these gift cards just reduces the sting of buying the next gen system from MS.

Say you have 50k rewards points. Can you redeem that for a $50 in-store coupon, and use that to buy a $50 PSN card?
It worked last week for me. I redeemed 10K for in-store and used it on a PSN card. The online variation does not work on PSN or other digital currency.

Picked up 3 copies of Twilight Princess at a secondhand shop to flip to GS. Will also grab some OW's and R6's to flip. Any other good ones with the $14.99 deal?

It shouldn't be YMMV. It's either uniformed employees that can't do an easy job correctly or managers being douches and making up their own rules. All stores are supposed to accept those if they come up. Of course, there's basically no GS customer service right now so good luck complaining about it.

Not to mention, why the hell does GS still have a store inventory checker if it hasn't been working for over a month now? What's the point? And why do random pages of games randomly disappear?

But you know what pisses me off the most? That "load more" button. It made going through the bumped values list a chore. GS used to have a good website then they changed it to a site that's broken half the time and annoying to use the other half.
You complain a lot, so maybe this will at least shut you up regarding the last point.

Code:
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/?q=mwt&lang=default;start=1&sz=256

So I traded in my CoD MW towards GoT which my store didn’t have so its being shipped to me. The CSR did it for me through their system will I ever get any shipment/order information via email? I do have a receipt with an order number and my address.

Thanks

I'm just curious, what source do you use to get your information? Because I'm confused as to why you stated that the values would "tank" today (meaning they would drop) yet they're still at full bumped values today. I would be careful in trusting that source because they were wrong and that type of information could mislead alot of people here. I'm going to assume you didn't just make up that information, and it would actually be preferable if you post rumors like this in the lounge post you're promoting so more people aren't mislead again.
Most Wanted Trade (MWT) stealth bumps usually last Friday through Sunday, and trade values tank first thing Monday morning. We were all pleasantly surprised to see the values mostly held. I did some one post saying an NHL game tanked, but major titles like Wii Sports Resort and COD: MW didn't.

We know this because there have been a lot of stealth bumps over the years and we've learned when they are live and usually when they end.

I'm just curious, what source do you use to get your information? Because I'm confused as to why you stated that the values would "tank" today (meaning they would drop) yet they're still at full bumped values today. I would be careful in trusting that source because they were wrong and that type of information could mislead alot of people here. I'm going to assume you didn't just make up that information, and it would actually be preferable if you post rumors like this in the lounge post you're promoting so more people aren't mislead again.
Shut up. Most stealth bumps last until Monday, so it was safe to assume they’d drop today. Do us all a favor and stop posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back