2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it just me, or have they purposely made it so that any DOTD game will no longer show up as available for pickup from a local store? For example The Council and Generation Zero that are the DOTD today. I know for a fact that at least two local stores have these in stock, and yet they are not available to order for pickup. I know their inventory has always been a little wonky, but seems that everything I've tried to order for pickup lately is not available. Even if I'm in the store holding it in my hand.

Is it just me, or have they purposely made it so that any DOTD game will no longer show up as available for pickup from a local store? For example The Council and Generation Zero that are the DOTD today. I know for a fact that at least two local stores have these in stock, and yet they are not available to order for pickup. I know their inventory has always been a little wonky, but seems that everything I've tried to order for pickup lately is not available. Even if I'm in the store holding it in my hand.
Depends on who you get but one employee let me get the DOTD in store because I told him that I was not able to order online even though they clearly have it in the store.

Is it just me, or have they purposely made it so that any DOTD game will no longer show up as available for pickup from a local store?
Its not just DOTD, its everything and for like last like.... month and a half? Its been a while, way longer than it should be. They can't be this unaware their own system is screwed up. I kinda wonder if we should bug them via email/ social media.

Does anyone know if that buy 1 get 1 free Xbox/Ps3 games deal is online only?

EDIT - Nvm, I see now it’s online only. Disregard

I'm just noticing as I was about to go to a store, but when did trade values drop? Anyone know if another bump or promo is coming? Doh.

Seems their system is screwy with certificates right now. Went to buy Control for PS4 new(that new Alan Wake expansion convinced me to buy it) for $29.99. Used my monthly $5 reward, a $10 in store certificate and $22.55 in trade in credit on it. Somehow their system was giving me either $1.04 or $6.44 back in trade credit depending on the order the manager put them in. He didn't question it after I said that it could go towards a Crash 4 pre-order and put $6.44 towards it. So there apparently is a bug in their coupon redemption.

I'm just noticing as I was about to go to a store, but when did trade values drop? Anyone know if another bump or promo is coming? Doh.
Do you mean the TIV bumps where New Super Mario Bros Wii was $19.50 w/ Pro last week? Those went away on Wednesday. Some are still somewhat high, like Star Wars Battlefront 2 on XB1 giving $13.20 with Pro(while the PS4 version is $4?).

Seems their system is screwy with certificates right now. Went to buy Control for PS4 new(that new Alan Wake expansion convinced me to buy it) for $29.99. Used my monthly $5 reward and a $10 in store certificate on it. Somehow their system was giving me either $1.04 or $6.44 back in trade credit depending on the order the manager put them in. He didn't question it after I said that it could go towards a Crash 4 pre-order and put $6.44 towards it. So there apparently is a bug in their coupon redemption.

Do you mean the TIV bumps where New Super Mario Bros Wii was $19.50 w/ Pro last week? Those went away on Wednesday. Some are still somewhat high, like Star Wars Battlefront 2 on XB1 giving $13.20 with Pro(while the PS4 version is $4?).
Not that game specifically, but it seems to be the same bump. I have copies of Breakpoint and Rabbids Kingdom battle that I was going to trade earlier in the week when the values were ~$16 and $20 if I'm remembering correctly. Ghost Recon Breakpoint dropped by half unfortunately.

Not that game specifically, but it seems to be the same bump. I have copies of Breakpoint and Rabbids Kingdom battle that I was going to trade earlier in the week when the values were ~$16 and $20 if I'm remembering correctly. Ghost Recon Breakpoint dropped by half unfortunately.
I'm sure they'll do another soon, as there was about a 2-3 week break into between the last 2 bumps(where 1 bump was for 1 day only).

Also, FYI for anyone looking to trade in games not showing up in the trade in search. Google search for the product listing on Gamestop's site and check the trade value on that page. It's how I found out they still take COD: WWII on XB1 for $2.20 when it didn't show up in the search.

Seems their system is screwy with certificates right now. Went to buy Control for PS4 new(that new Alan Wake expansion convinced me to buy it) for $29.99. Used my monthly $5 reward, a $10 in store certificate and $22.55 in trade in credit on it. Somehow their system was giving me either $1.04 or $6.44 back in trade credit depending on the order the manager put them in. He didn't question it after I said that it could go towards a Crash 4 pre-order and put $6.44 towards it. So there apparently is a bug in their coupon redemption.
Did you already know you were planning to keep or sell Control? Because it's included in PS Now. Pair that with other discount-resistant titles like Greedfall or AO Tennis 2 and you come out ahead with the subscription.

Breakpoint (Xbox One) was $10 base TIV in June and most of July...it then dropped to $5 a few weeks ago when the game went on sale for $14.99. When the sale ended the TIV went up to $8. I was going to trade it in for $16 ($10 base + $1 PUR bonus + $5 bump) back in the first week of July but didn't. Maybe the PS4 version was higher but the Xbox One version hasn't had a base TIV above $15 since early 2020.

I have suspicions that GS is trying to make more of their deals Online Only, and exclude both in-store shopping AND pickup services, on their "deals", to maximize profit.

They are realizing the true intent of the DOTD was to force people into buying other stuff online (to get free shipping), perhaps even buying stuff they don't really want.

Perhaps they want casual people who come into their shops to pay full price, while realizing that people who shop online want deals. It's possible they don't want to mix the two.

I saw your post earlier today, and gave it some "business" thought. Though we don't like what is happening, this might be a possible scenario. I certainly don't like it -- I mean GS experimented with DOTD in-store last year, 2 thumbs up!!!

Their unwillingness to do it any longer may simply come down to $$$ on their part. Q2 likely is not going to be pretty for them.

Addendum-

Bethesda Software sale tomorrow

bethsale8920

I'm not sure how that will work, since most of the games are already discounted...

Next weeks ad (in store) highlights. 20% extra credit towards Avengers and Madden 21. $5 Extra when you trade in any switch game with a $2 base. $30 top trades NSMBD THLOU2 links awakening GoT Paper Mario. 4 for $30 $14.99 continues. Pro Day August 15th. FF7 remake $40

$10 for spending $60 certs have showed up (expires at the end of the month), don't work when added to cart at the moment....  :whistle2:

I miss the old website so much.  Much better search filters, 50 items displayed per page, no "load more" button to deal with, accurate reporting of store inventory, the list goes on and on...

Breakpoint (Xbox One) was $10 base TIV in June and most of July...it then dropped to $5 a few weeks ago when the game went on sale for $14.99. When the sale ended the TIV went up to $8. I was going to trade it in for $16 ($10 base + $1 PUR bonus + $5 bump) back in the first week of July but didn't. Maybe the PS4 version was higher but the Xbox One version hasn't had a base TIV above $15 since early 2020.
It was the PS4 version. TIV for Pro was 16 or 16.80 ish until Wednesday (I checked on Saturday) I guess. Unless it was Wildlands, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't since Breakpoint is still the higher of the two.

I have suspicions that GS is trying to make more of their deals Online Only, and exclude both in-store shopping AND pickup services, on their "deals", to maximize profit.

They are realizing the true intent of the DOTD was to force people into buying other stuff online (to get free shipping), perhaps even buying stuff they don't really want.

Perhaps they want casual people who come into their shops to pay full price, while realizing that people who shop online want deals. It's possible they don't want to mix the two.

I saw your post earlier today, and gave it some "business" thought. Though we don't like what is happening, this might be a possible scenario. I certainly don't like it -- I mean GS experimented with DOTD in-store last year, 2 thumbs up!!!

Their unwillingness to do it any longer may simply come down to $$$ on their part. Q2 likely is not going to be pretty for them.

Addendum-

Bethesda Software sale tomorrow

bethsale8920

I'm not sure how that will work, since most of the games are already discounted...
Don't forget to include the kind-of removal of the inventory checker as well. In your scenario, it was probably "turned off" to stop people from using the online deals as in store pick ups. IF of course.

To my knowledge the store inventory checker isn't "off", it just takes the true inventory number and subtracts 1. Meaning only stores with 2+ of any item will show inventory. But that means it's pretty much impossible to find stores with rare games online.

As far as in-store vs online purchases and deal of the day, idk, GameStop is super weird with that stuff. Buy online, pickup in store sales do not count towards sales for that retail location/employee, which seems stupid.

Battle rap By amiashilong3 - Today, 09:34 PM
View message

CAG, you a bitch to me
I’m an OG
Turnin up
Straight up out the streets

(Uhhhh)

CAG, what you know bout me, dog?
I’m dissing CAG with these lyrics

I’m going to diss these hoes and these bitches
These moderators want to ban a real G cause they caught in they feelings

Y'all deals ain’t shit
They all stolen from Slickdeals!

That’s where I’m gonna be at
The deals are the best and I get good feedback

Aircobra, ritchardf, friggotha and ThatOneGuyWho
We don’t respect you
These lyrics take a piss on you

(Yeah)

fuck CheapAssGamer
Y’all some hoes

Man I hope that they offer controller trade in bonus once more before the next gen begins. Call of Duty is horrible on analog sticks.

I might have a guess why store inventory checker broke.  Right before it broke, was a B2G1 free.  I placed two orders that were partial store pickup, partial delivery.  One, the store pickup portion got cancelled by store since item turned out to not actually be in stock.  They still just sent my delivered portion, but I don’t think charged or accounted for the store portion being cancelled and refunded.  So I got a B1G1.  Adjusting the inventory to only show and allow pickup orders if it was 2+ in stock may have been their fix to that.

Had a great uniquely GameStop experience today.  Happened to find ys 8 ps4 in store.  I got it with disc and soundtrack, but no manual or case art previously.  This one had manual, so I decided to get it, keep manual and case, then sell the disc only on eBay and more than get my money back.  Cashier couldn’t find the disc so she just gave me the case and manual!  I was even looking at eBay to see if I could buy the manual and case separate, i would have been looking at $50 from anyone on there, so gave up on that.  That was a nice surprise for free, I should give a good survey for that visit.

To my knowledge the store inventory checker isn't "off", it just takes the true inventory number and subtracts 1. Meaning only stores with 2+ of any item will show inventory. But that means it's pretty much impossible to find stores with rare games online.

As far as in-store vs online purchases and deal of the day, idk, GameStop is super weird with that stuff. Buy online, pickup in store sales do not count towards sales for that retail location/employee, which seems stupid.
That's what I meant by "kind-of" or whatever I said. I'm fairly confident it's intentional and not a glitch because this has happened before (months ago).

Your second point is interesting, but I have nothing to add to it. I'm still in a relaxed zen-state after waking up to a CAG-diss battle rap in my inbox.

Battle rap By amiashilong3 - Today, 09:34 PM

View message

CAG, you a bitch to me
I’m an OG
Turnin up
Straight up out the streets

(Uhhhh)

CAG, what you know bout me, dog?
I’m dissing CAG with these lyrics

I’m going to diss these hoes and these bitches
These moderators want to ban a real G cause they caught in they feelings

Y'all deals ain’t shit
They all stolen from Slickdeals!

That’s where I’m gonna be at
The deals are the best and I get good feedback

Aircobra, ritchardf, friggotha and ThatOneGuyWho
We don’t respect you
These lyrics take a piss on you

(Yeah)

fuck CheapAssGamer
Y’all some hoes
I suppose that confirms the (aircobra's?) hypothesis that one or both of the recently banned was Big D. I wonder which one. I do love intrigue!

Anyway, the buy 100+/50% off banner is back everybody, fyi.

I placed an order last night at about 7pm for over $60 to get in on the free $10 cert.  Checked it on the web site this morning and they changed the order date to today.

Did this happen to anyone else?  This seems really shady and probably means no $10 cert for me..

I spent $60 a few days ago by buying Ghost of Tsushima but I don't have the $10 active order in my account.

Don't tell me...tax doesn't count, so I'm literally one cent short?

I spent $60 a few days ago by buying Ghost of Tsushima but I don't have the $10 active order in my account.

Don't tell me...tax doesn't count, so I'm literally one cent short?
Not surprising, but I would call CS. If you are nice and persistent then they will probably add 10,000 points to your account on the spot.

As an aside, I bought GoT and traded pokemon sword in one transaction and a $10 eshop code with my $5 coupon in another transaction (same day) and received the coupon.

DOTD xenoblade on the wii for $20. Quite a surreal feeling seeing it priced so reasonably. I remember selling my copy for close to $100 back in the day.

You folks finding any glitching with the online sales? I am getting sale pricing stacking with the $100 flash sale but seems like that is it...

50% $100

Not surprising, but I would call CS. If you are nice and persistent then they will probably add 10,000 points to your account on the spot.

As an aside, I bought GoT and traded pokemon sword in one transaction and a $10 eshop code with my $5 coupon in another transaction (same day) and received the coupon.
Good idea, thanks. I called them and they said I should have been eligible and they'll add the code to my account. We'll see if they actually do that...

DOTD xenoblade on the wii for $20. Quite a surreal feeling seeing it priced so reasonably. I remember selling my copy for close to $100 back in the day.
Remake on switch probably really killed them. Looks like the 3ds version got a permanent $5 drop to $20 as well.

Doom eternal for $14 (if you spend $100 on pre-owned) seems like a really good deal. Still even trades for $20 base and $22 PUR.

Remake on switch probably really killed them. Looks like the 3ds version got a permanent $5 drop to $20 as well.

Doom eternal for $14 (if you spend $100 on pre-owned) seems like a really good deal. Still even trades for $20 base and $22 PUR.
Ya all the releases, specially the switch one, have made the Wii game feel redundant at this point.

Also I'm very glad I held off on the buy 2 for $45 deal. I was gonna get doom eternal and jedi fallen order but now for an extra $5, I'm getting all the wolfenstein ps4 games as well.

Outlast trinity for $15 after 50% discount may be a good investment.  It’s pretty much sold out everywhere else, $50 on Amazon.  With how the silent hill series and PT are so expensive to obtain now, this seems like a similar scenario.  And based on reviews, this may be the best out of all of them.  Once it’s really gone (GameStop seems to be the last holdout and at a great price even) could see it going up if more people were aware of it and now out of print.  Wasn’t on my radar and not exactly my usual type of game, just found it and looked it up browsing, but a good scary game can be great, and this one sounds really scary.  May need to leave the light on

Ya all the releases, specially the switch one, have made the Wii game feel redundant at this point.

Also I'm very glad I held off on the buy 2 for $45 deal. I was gonna get doom eternal and jedi fallen order but now for an extra $5, I'm getting all the wolfenstein ps4 games as well.
Also, the Wii game is blurry as fuck (well all Wii games are these days)... I played this back in the day using Dolphin and it made a world of difference. Also makes me think, how diff things would be now if Nintendo released plain old HD version of the Wii instead of the marketing mess that was the Wii U.

Still can't place orders online with either of my accounts. I've called multiple times and they keep telling me to wait 3-5 days for a resolution. I even tried a store pickup order with a gift card so there would be no billing information and still got the same error not being able to process payment. I thought that maybe I was blocked from making online orders but if that were the case, the order would go through and just get cancelled, at least I would think that is how it is handled? GameStop doesn't seem capable of anything more technically savvy. During a pandemic is a hell of a time for these issues to happen. Hopefully they respond to my BBB complaint or their backend actually does fix the issue.

I forget, does the extra $5 on switch titles usually stack with the extra 20-30% for preorders (e.g. on top of the base x 20-30%)?

Outlast trinity for $15 after 50% discount may be a good investment. It’s pretty much sold out everywhere else, $50 on Amazon. With how the silent hill series and PT are so expensive to obtain now, this seems like a similar scenario. And based on reviews, this may be the best out of all of them. Once it’s really gone (GameStop seems to be the last holdout and at a great price even) could see it going up if more people were aware of it and now out of print. Wasn’t on my radar and not exactly my usual type of game, just found it and looked it up browsing, but a good scary game can be great, and this one sounds really scary. May need to leave the light on
Deadpool for ps4 is the same way, you can still find it around $20 in some places but amazon has it for $40+, $12.50 isnt bad.

thanks for the heads up on the flash sale.  Grabed fallen order, world ends with you, wolfenstein II, doom eternal, plush ($5 reward filler) and borderlands 3.

I forget, does the extra $5 on switch titles usually stack with the extra 20-30% for preorders (e.g. on top of the base x 20-30%)?
Nope - they do stack with the base 10% pro... I traded in a few of the $2 switch stock that were $9.99 fodder a few promos ago as I doubt they’ll get a bump anytime soon.

Need more Mario Rabids stock... guess they update prices on Monday? If only the XB1 preowned (Eternal/Jedi) allowed you to play it on PC... need my mouse aim!

Still can't place orders online with either of my accounts. I've called multiple times and they keep telling me to wait 3-5 days for a resolution. I even tried a store pickup order with a gift card so there would be no billing information and still got the same error not being able to process payment. I thought that maybe I was blocked from making online orders but if that were the case, the order would go through and just get cancelled, at least I would think that is how it is handled? GameStop doesn't seem capable of anything more technically savvy. During a pandemic is a hell of a time for these issues to happen. Hopefully they respond to my BBB complaint or their backend actually does fix the issue.
I got this yet again as well, earlier today.

I got to wondering if it was some of their website scripts that were causing issues (around 40'ish running when you are on their website at any given time). If you use FireFox, there is an addon called NoScript that was very useful today.

I pretty much blacklisted every script on the GS PC website, except 2 scripts:

Gamestop.com (needed to even access basics within the website, as well as navigating click-ables)

Ajax.Googleapis.com (needed for functionality when clicking Javascript buttons, etc)

After these exclusions, my orders all went through.

When running with limited capability, the website is more or less broken though, without the other 30+ scripts running, If you thought it was broken before, try this! .. but it's just barely enough to log on, select games, go to the cart, enter gift card data, and place the order.

You can't change any account info, ship-to location or check card balance, for instance, because the code associated with such requests is being blocked. It probably won't work for other forms of payment (like credit card), since these require other scripts to validate the payment. Gift cards work, though, internal to the basic gamestop.com website script.

I was happy it worked. I'll try this again next time this happens. It seems like some fault in their code restricting certain users falling under, as of yet, unknown criteria (?).

Good luck !

ps- it's worth a shot .. it beats waiting until later in the week, assuming GS ever gets back to you.

Good idea, thanks. I called them and they said I should have been eligible and they'll add the code to my account. We'll see if they actually do that...
What did you say when you called? I bought GoT on 8/4/20 and if I would’ve known of the promo I would have added something cheap to get me over $60 pretax for the total.

What did you say when you called? I bought GoT on 8/4/20 and if I would’ve known of the promo I would have added something cheap to get me over $60 pretax for the total.
I doubt they'll do anything for you honestly. Asking for the $10 by saying that you WOULD have done it probably won't fly (unless you have multiple purchases the same day that add up). Who knows, maybe you'll get a charitable service rep, though.

Haven’t seen a post about it but the rep today told me that there’s a Pro Day sale next Saturday, 8/15. So, obviously everyone should get their hopes up really high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back