2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does madden have G2L?

If so can I just pre order, trade in games For the bonus, pick up play the same and then return Next day for $60?

Is the $60 always trade credit?

Thanks it will be my first time doing G2L
I’d do that if it wasn’t for tax. It would be basically a $2-$3 rental like redbox

They work in store but not online. At least from my experience.
Even the "Online Only" ones? I know this has been discussed at length before on here, but how are you supposed to even use them online? Just enter the code/string associated with the cert? I was able to use the $5 monthly one last week in that manner w/o issue, but I've never bought an Online Only one before.

I'm highly tempted by something online (that's only available in-store at least an hour away from me), and try to use one of those codes to negate the shipping cost, but don't want to burn the points and have to call CS to get it rectified. Does anyone have a positive experience using them?

I remember doing something like this a few years ago. You had to spend like $40 on figures, trade in games and so on. There were like 4-5 steps to complete. It awarded a 59.99 game at the end.
I remember this. I think it was last year(maybe 2018), couldn't find anything on Google on what it was called. Pretty good deal overall.

Even the "Online Only" ones? I know this has been discussed at length before on here, but how are you supposed to even use them online? Just enter the code/string associated with the cert? I was able to use the $5 monthly one last week in that manner w/o issue, but I've never bought an Online Only one before.

I'm highly tempted by something online (that's only available in-store at least an hour away from me), and try to use one of those codes to negate the shipping cost, but don't want to burn the points and have to call CS to get it rectified. Does anyone have a positive experience using them?
Not the best answer, but it can legit go either way. I've usually had no problem except recently. For what it's worth they're pretty good about giving you your points back.

Anyone having issues checking their online orders? I've been getting this since yesterday:

For technical reasons, your request could not be handled properly at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience.

I've seen that randomly before, but not repeatedly. Usually a log out/in fixed it for me for what it's worth in your situation
Tried that. Tried using mobile browser. Same issue. But I have no problems checking my other 2 accounts and everything else on this account I can check (rewards, pre-orders). Guess I’ll have to try calling.

Does trade ban work by license ID, name, phone number or address? I have a 5th game I’d like to trade, but want to avoid the ban. Thanks

Anyone that has been buying lots since these constant post COVID sales started, what are some games that you were able to get during the first sales that haven’t been in stock since?  Most of what I got, may occasionally go out of stock, but seems to come back the next sale.  Shantae half genie hero, tiny barbarians and ys 8 seem to be my only pickups that are really out of stock now.  I didn’t get retro since I didn’t want cart only, but that sounds like the area that really got cleaned out.

Anyone that has been buying lots since these constant post COVID sales started, what are some games that you were able to get during the first sales that haven’t been in stock since? Most of what I got, may occasionally go out of stock, but seems to come back the next sale. Shantae half genie hero, tiny barbarians and ys 8 seem to be my only pickups that are really out of stock now. I didn’t get retro since I didn’t want cart only, but that sounds like the area that really got cleaned out.
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel part 1 for PS4 is one I got 3 times during the sale...and all 3 of them were disc only. Doesn’t seem to be coming back in stock now, sold the disc only copies on amazon and just bought it new. Fooled me 3 times

I think the usual block of time is 3 months, so you should be safe buying certs in september to use in november.

Yea, I like to consistency of a boring-ass job with set hours and benefits. Surely not as exciting as alleviating grandmas at yard sales of semi-valuable items to flip on ebay, but if he can scale up to the point of automated buying/selling scripts and employ some cheap labor to sort and pack stuff might be a business someday! I can't imaging needing to manually scroll thru GS's website for pages on end to compare to amazon used prices.

I mentioned it before, but copy all your cert codes down in a text file or just add to your cart on the first of the month. Doesn't matter the order you use it in but once you use your certs in-store they disappear from your active offers :razz:
Can the $5 monthly and $10 cert be used again the same day with different store or has to be different day?

Tried that. Tried using mobile
browser. Same issue. But I have no problems checking my
other 2 accounts and
everything else on this
account I can check (rewards, pre-orders). Guess I’ll have to try calling.
If you find a fix, let me know. I've had the same problem fir about a week now. Only work around for me is using the email link from order confirmation to check my orders. Works fine going through the link.

Anyone that has been buying lots since these constant post COVID sales started, what are some games that you were able to get during the first sales that haven’t been in stock since? Most of what I got, may occasionally go out of stock, but seems to come back the next sale. Shantae half genie hero, tiny barbarians and ys 8 seem to be my only pickups that are really out of stock now. I didn’t get retro since I didn’t want cart only, but that sounds like the area that really got cleaned out.
Been wanting to get Attack on Titan 2 Final Battle, but it's been OOS for awhile.

Edit:
Apparently it's out of stock pretty much everywhere. Guess that why I can't find it at GameStop.

Gaaah, PS5 release is SO close now, I have to be good dangit
I mean, it is but it doesn't matter, does it? Like there are no PS5 launch titles that we know of and the current rumor is the PS5 is backward compatible with the entire library of PS4 games, so it's probably safe to keep buying em. Plus Gamestop doesn't charge money for preorders until they ship so if it's a money issue you're fine there too

Skyrim for X1 and PS4 are both $27.99 ($13.99 with the current 50% off sale) and both have $15 base TIV. Fallen Order (X1) is also $27.99 with a $15 base but the 50% discount was not being applied for me.

If you find a fix, let me know. I've had the same problem fir about a week now. Only work around for me is using the email link from order confirmation to check my orders. Works fine going through the link.
Interesting. I tried that and it works but I also noticed a chat popup. I’ve never seen it on the desktop site. Curious how well it works (they’re only available M-F 8-5 central time).

Been wanting to get Attack on Titan 2 Final Battle, but it's been OOS for awhile.

Edit:
Apparently it's out of stock pretty much everywhere. Guess that why I can't find it at GameStop.
Yeah Ive been trying to get that one too. Last time I saw it readily available was during Gamestop Deal of the Day some time last year. I dont think Ive seen it in stock since.

Edit:
Hi. Anyone the difference between Attack on titan 2 vs Final Battle? Is it worth getting final battle if you already have the regular one?

Also, It's been awhile since I got something. Here is what picked up.

Super Neptunia RPG, Ni no Kuni: Wratch of the white Witch, Mega Man Zero/ZX collection, Dragon Dogma: Dark Arisen. ALL SWITCH.

Hope Megaman Zero is 100% complete on cart vs the older switch titles part cart/part download. Anyone can confirm? Why cant they just put everything on cart?

Anyone want to comment on the game selection? Don't know much about these besides Kuni and Dragon Dogma. How does these look and play over the console counterparts.

I mean, it is but it doesn't matter, does it? Like there are no PS5 launch titles that we know of and the current rumor is the PS5 is backward compatible with the entire library of PS4 games, so it's probably safe to keep buying em. Plus Gamestop doesn't charge money for preorders until they ship so if it's a money issue you're fine there too
we actually know Spider Man Miles Morales, Bugsnax, Kena, are launch. Deathloop was until a week or so ago, and Ratchet is launch window per Gamescom today. But Of course whether that’s worth day 1 is subjective.

Hope Megaman Zero is 100% complete on cart vs the older switch titles part cart/part download. Anyone can confirm? Why cant they just put everything on cart?
I just typed “are all Megaman zero switch games on cart“ into google and it says yes, no downloads

Same boat, posted about it a few pages back. Still technical error when I try to look at orders. I blame buying a YOUWANTHISBOX for messing it up! The "check an order" way using the email/confirmation# doesn't actually log you into your account but does show the order / tracking info. I've had completed orders stuck in "order received" for a few months now as well that used to annoy me. I guess now I don't need to see them ever again... :oldman:

Can the $5 monthly and $10 cert be used again the same day with different store or has to be different day?
Just before they expire. :beer:

Sorry to be random but does anyone use GameFly these days? I’m interested in some games for the Flash Sale, but I also feel like my money may be better spent using my credit on a PS5 and then subscribing to GameFly for these games plus, eventually, PS5 games. Is there any reason to believe that GameFly wouldn’t successfully transition to the next generation?

we actually know Spider Man Miles Morales, Bugsnax, Kena, are launch. Deathloop was until a week or so ago, and Ratchet is launch window per Gamescom today. But Of course whether that’s worth day 1 is subjective.
Actually objective. Ratchet and Clank is in fact the greatest PS series.

An aside...is the $5 switch trade in bonus still active? Thanks!

Breakpoint for PS4 is 9.99 on Amazon. Trades in for 18.70 with PRO.

Rocket Arena for PS4 is 9.93 at Walmart, trades in for 16.50 with PRO.

Weird...I think I got banned from Gamestop.com and the mobile app? At least by my phone IP? Whenever I try to access the app, I can't use any of the features and when I try to access Gamestop.com through Safari it gives me an Access Denied on my phone server. This is only when I'm using data too

Looks like the 50% off $100 for $29.99 or less is back online. Does anyone know if it works in store as well? It states online only on the website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back