2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I

Yeah. It was mario party 8 $22 for pro via website. I was thinking $22 x 30% or $22 x 20% + 10%. Also, they no longer take ps3, xbox 360 games.

Do we get the pin set when we pickup the item on Friday? G2L u get the full $60 amount back if u trade in back within 48 hours? Is it process like a trade or return?
G2L is processed as a trade. When they ring you out, it shows a much lower amount (usually $30 or so) and when they input the generic G2L code into the system, it bumps the TIV up to $59.99. You lose out on tax, but most folks say they make up for it with the 30% bonus trade in credit and the points (both the buying and the trading should net you points)

Just realized I haven't really traded anything into GameStop in probably the last 6 months. Did they stop giving 20 points (?) per dollar for trades ins for PUR members?

Pretty sure the pro guys they have working on the website ran out of tabs and pushed the flash sale one off - still working in cart!

Just realized I haven't really traded anything into GameStop in probably the last 6 months. Did they stop giving 20 points (?) per dollar for trades ins for PUR members?
I still get points for trade ins recently - almost exactly 22 PUR per $1. Do seem to be getting a higher multiple for purchases lately in store and online as well but it isn’t consistent (4x for Ghost of Tsushima for example)

They stopped giving points with trades I believe either last year or early this year pre-pandemic. It was a big discussion point in the thread at that time.

They stopped giving points with trades I believe either last year or early this year pre-pandemic. It was a big discussion point in the thread at that time.
I have been getting points since very shortly after that here in CT. I did a couple of trades, maybe, where I did not receive points around that time but then it came back.

I guess I should clarify - I’ve always gotten points for trade-ins since I starting visiting GS early 2019. Usually 20 per dollar TIV. Think it is a per-state thing kinda like how some don’t charge tax when using trade-in credit. (ie - pos shows $64.xx for Ghost of Tsushima when I buy but when I swipe the trade credit it only deducts 59.99 and shows up like that on the receipt)

Well over half of my ~600k lifetime PUR points come from trade-ins... so that would suck if they were to eliminate it across all states. still doesn't make sense why they would cut the rewards from some states and not others....

There are still some states that you'll get points for trade ins but the majority stopped last year. Where I am at, they stopped in January of last year. I believe they stopped advertising it around that time as well.

Of course you can. You’re better off paying it before that because of the terms for the game coin though.
Interesting, I didn't realize the game coin terms terms required you to pay for the whole thing up front. I just double-checked on the Avengers page and you are 100% correct, it's in that tiny font under the big notice:

https://www.gamestop.com/collection/marvels-avengers

So, new question: Can I use a point redemption promo (like $10-$15 off cert) and apply that to my preorder? Or can you only apply a cert at actual purchase?

Interesting, I didn't realize the game coin terms terms required you to pay for the whole thing up front. I just double-checked on the Avengers page and you are 100% correct, it's in that tiny font under the big notice:

So, new question: Can I use a point redemption promo (like $10-$15 off cert) and apply that to my preorder? Or can you only apply a cert at actual purchase?
You have to wait until you pick up your pre-order to apply the cert. Granted, nobody knows for sure if you are required to pay it off in full before release. You're likely going to end up needing to call to get the points because the coin never arrived (regardless of whether you followed the terms or not, as that's just GameStop for you).

You have to wait until you pick up your pre-order to apply the cert. Granted, nobody knows for sure if you are required to pay it off in full before release. You're likely going to end up needing to call to get the points because the coin never arrived (regardless of whether you followed the terms or not, as that's just GameStop for you).
Okay, thanks for the heads up on the cert!

That text linked above though says that you only get the $10 game coin if you "pre-purchase in full" which I assume means the entire $59.99 balance. https://media.gamestop.com/i/gamestop/Avengers_GameCoin_HeroD_1/marvel-avengers.webp

I've got plenty of credit floating around so I may try and top off the pre-order this week and see if the game coin actually shows up on it's own now. I'll still return it on Saturday via G2L though. :D

What number are you guys calling to receive your Game coin for Madden? And which department should I ask for? I just got hung up on from the gift card department

What number are you guys calling to receive your Game coin for Madden? And which department should I ask for? I just got hung up on from the gift card department
Would you like one of us to do it for you? Seriously, it isn't complicated. You call customer service, choose PowerUp account option (crazy, I know).

Would you like one of us to do it for you? Seriously, it isn't complicated. You call customer service, choose PowerUp account option (crazy, I know).
Jesus christ man, I just asked since people were saying they had their issue taken care of in a matter of minutes and I was on hold for an hour for the last call.

I promise you it's not that necessary to be that much of an asshole for the question. You can just ignore it and move on if a simple question pisses you off that much.

Jesus christ man, I just asked since people were saying they had their issue taken care of in a matter of minutes and I was on hold for an hour for the last call.

I promise you it's not that necessary to be that much of an asshole for the question. You can just ignore it and move on if a simple question pisses you off that much.
I think they only have 1 number, whatever's listed on the website, that handles all issues. Try calling like... 10-15 minutes after their CS lines open up (8 AM CST I think?) on a weekday, I found that to be the best time to call. If you call as they open, you're basically stuck on line with a bunch of other people who call first so waiting a bit helps take care of some of that initial congestion.

Mine said wait time of 30+ minutes and it connected in 30 seconds. But the call was outsourced and had no idea what she was talking about, so I gave up anyways.

The terms do not require you to prepay in full according to GameStops own website FAQs on Game Coin. But like others have said this is GameStop and who knows which terms of the offer actually apply. These or the contradicting fine print on some of the games.

GAME COIN FAQ 7.17.20
So, what exactly is Game Coin?
Game Coin is the incentive program offered on select purchases. It’s like currency exclusively for GameStop purchases.

How much is Game Coin worth?
1 Game Coin = 1 Dollar

Who can receive Game Coin?
It’s exclusively for PowerUp Rewards Player and Pro members.

Which purchases score Game Coin?
Right now, purchasing select new games will reward PowerUp Rewards members with Game Coin in return. In the future, other purchases may also include Game Coin rewards.

How much Game Coin is earned for each purchase?
Currently for the select new games that include Game Coin, PowerUp Rewards Player members receive 5 Game Coins, PowerUp Rewards Pro members receive 10 Game Coins.

How do PowerUp Rewards members receive their Game Coin?
It will be sent automatically to their Active Offers online or on the GameStop app.

How long do they have to use their Game Coin?
Game Coin will have a two-week redemption period once it’s delivered to your active offers.

Is a pre-order required to receive Game Coin?
A pre-order isn’t required at this time. However purchases must be made within the first week of the new game launch, which will be specified with each Game Coin offer.

What makes Game Coin cool?
Because it’s the ultimate play money. So if you’re not a PowerUp Rewards member, be sure to sign up today!

Refunds hurt the employee that processes them, as I understand it... So you would have been better just opening it and returning under the G2L program, but since that window has closed, you've just got to sour someone's day. If it's still sealed they can't deny a refund and you'll get the full amount even if you benefited from trade bonuses. Just be sure to give them a good survey.
I would think a return hurts the employee that sold the item. It's GS.

You could have put all that text behind a spoiler. You also could have clicked on the link in the post you were quoting and would have seen that it does indeed say you have to pay in full prior to release.

GS may be preparing for a Labor Day sale, next Monday, Sept 07, 2020.  Who knows.

You must not check out this forum often. It actually is necessary for him to be that much of an asshole.

What I wanna know is can u buy madden nfl 21 then trade it in with G2L and be able to upgrade to next gen for free. Not really sure how the madden upgrade works

If I have a pre-existing pre-order for Avengers PS4 game can I trade more games towards it (it’s not paid off yet) and still get the 20% extra trade credit bonus towards it?!? Or does it have to be a new pre-order to get the 20% trade credit bonus?

If I have a pre-existing pre-order for Avengers PS4 game can I trade more games towards it (it’s not paid off yet) and still get the 20% extra trade credit bonus towards it?!? Or does it have to be a new pre-order to get the 20% trade credit bonus?
As long as you add something to your existing preorder, even $1, in the same transaction as your trade-ins, they'll get the 20% boost.

As long as you add something to your existing preorder, even $1, in the same transaction as your trade-ins, they'll get the 20% boost.
YMMV but I fully paid off a pre-order.

On pick up day, I traded in games without adding anything and got the boost for the nfl trade bonus 20% + 10% pro

Was able to call and get my 5k points back for my auto issued coupon I didn't get. Manager at my store said that happened to at least two other people. Was also able to get 10k for Madden. Guy didn't seem to know anything about game coin. I told him other people called and got 10k instead and he gladly added the points. Took 30 total minutes

This seems incredibly unfair... like if I get a destroyed disc from their warehouse and return to store, it normally hurts the employee? That's ridiculous.
Not necessarily--if the employee knows what they're doing, they can process the return so that it goes back to the warehouse and doesn't hurt the store's or employee's metrics. I know my store has done that when I've returned defective discs/carts.

In the past I've asked the manager of my local store if bringing in online returns hurts his numbers.  I was told as long as the return is processed correctly (specifically the store ID from an online order invoice), then it does not have a negative effect.

Was able to call and get my 5k points back for my auto issued coupon I didn't get. Manager at my store said that happened to at least two other people. Was also able to get 10k for Madden. Guy didn't seem to know anything about game coin. I told him other people called and got 10k instead and he gladly added the points. Took 30 total minutes
Phone calls are a last resort for me, for simple things like cert refunds I just shoot an email and wait a between a day to a week.... much less time wasted and usually works after you re-respond to the default "look in your digital locker" reply. ie - my last failed online $5 coupon:

Thank you for contacting GameStop regarding your recent PowerUp Rewards transaction.

I have applied 5000points to your account and your current balance is now 268.953.

Please let us know if have need any additional assistance by replying to this email.

Thank you for contacting GameStop and have a great day!

Order history is back. I was having the same issue all week but could see my orders when I logged in this morning.
Yep, mine came back as well. Still have completed orders from last year still showing as "in progress" unfortunately. :bomb:

labordaygames20
1 Wii game that will never be in stock again? Yes!

FYI, just got an email back from e-rewards in regards to the error message ar check out. According to the service rep that account needs to be active for at least 72 hours before any redemptions can be made. Once I'm able to actually get it to go through I'll update in here.
Just tried it again and got my $25 gift card emailed to me no problem.

Just wondering what everyone is doing with their points. Seems a bit pointless to call up Gs for your 10k Madden coin points if all the certs are broken anyway. Only 1 that looks like it might work is the $5 option on the app.

Without me calling or emailing : just saw the $10 Madden coin was deposited in my ‘active offers’. Anyone else? Check your active offers!

Just wondering what everyone is doing with their points. Seems a bit pointless to call up Gs for your 10k Madden coin points if all the certs are broken anyway. Only 1 that looks like it might work is the $5 option on the app.
Online might be broken, but the in-store ones work fine, I use them constantly. Saving some up to knock a huge chunk off PS5 and such, too.

Without me calling or emailing : just saw the $10 Madden coin was deposited in my ‘active offers’. Anyone else? Check your active offers!
Not for me, followed all the terms and haven't called yet - will try calling soon. Wonder if it means some people will get doubled-up?

Order history is back. I was having the same issue all week but could see my orders when I logged in this morning.
Yeah. Noticed late last night. Glad because I have a couple orders that I’m having issues with. One that was never picked up by the carrier.

Preorders, how often are they GS new vs NIB?

No, a return effects the employee processing the return.
I understood that before replying. "It's GS."

As was mentioned already, returns do not hurt the employee while we’re in a pandemic.
That's one not-negative for the employees, especially the employee processing the return.

Still, buy this game from me today and return it on my day off (so there's no chance of it hurting MY numbers): if you have the need to return it. That's so GS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back