2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never had a pre-order be NIB. But I also don't have a shitty main store. It's probably more likely to happen during all this because of how few copies stores are getting (stores around here are only getting enough to cover pre-orders).

Did you trade the game in for G2L?

Did anyone who traded the game in for G2L also get the coin?
It does not matter if you trade it back in. Since this is GS we are talking about, YMMV when it comes to receiving certs on time. Just because one person got it and did the same thing you did, doesn't mean you'll get it.

Traded madden g2l and have not seen the $10 coin in my active offers. I paid it off in full on pro day which was a week before it was released

Did you trade the game in for G2L?

Did anyone who traded the game in for G2L also get the coin?
I pre purchased Madden a few days before it released and traded it in G2L on Sunday. Called CS and got the points added to my account then got the Game Coin today.

Question, if used a $50 cert to buy NCAA Football 2014 on 360 and Ys VIII Switch and got both games in separate shipments. NCAA 14 just arrived and it looks... awful. So it's going back but I just noticed, the receipt shows the price of the game after the $50 cert... so it shows up as $16. Am I SOL if try to return this? Or will I get my points back? 

Question, if used a $50 cert to buy NCAA Football 2014 on 360 and Ys VIII Switch and got both games in separate shipments. NCAA 14 just arrived and it looks... awful. So it's going back but I just noticed, the receipt shows the price of the game after the $50 cert... so it shows up as $16. Am I SOL if try to return this? Or will I get my points back?
You'd need to call customer service and explain the situation. They should refund the points used.

You're going to have to call CS to get back your points after you do the return.

I paid it in full. Interestingly enough the coupon header says PUR members get $10 game coin when Madden 21 is paid in full on 8/15/20. I definitely only pre ordered it the night before release

I prepurchased it thursday. Picked it up friday and traded it in sunday. Got madden coin today
Ok I cracked the code.

Pick up Friday. And trade it back in Sunday.

Everyone in this thread who did this got the coin. trading in same day/next day are the people with issues.

Just my theory

I think it’s people who paid it in full beforehand got the game coins.
I pre-ordered with full payment. I picked up the game Friday. Traded it in Saturday. No coins.

edit: air cobra has a point they can just give coins out randomly. But everyone in this thread so far who got the coins waited until Sunday to trade it back in

I've been able to return games using a screenshot of an order invoice shown on the phone that listed the item price before discounts. Assuming your game + case has a GS barcode they should be able to verify the current price of the game and refund you that amount. It's pretty hard to argue with a smashed gamestop case + disc. If you're lucky they will give you the option for cash! :beer:

Just a PSA,

Super Mario 3D All-Stars is now up for pre-orders :switch:  at GS, following todays Nintendo direct.  It includes enhanced widescreen versions of SM64, SM Sunshine, and SM Galaxy.  Release date is Sept 18, 2020 (2 weeks from now).  It will be a limited release.  After the physicals get sold, it will only be available digitally.  A pre-order is likely going to be a requirement.

It could be universally applicable to stores outside GS, but if you did some quality flipping @ GS recently, you may have some creds to burn.  Also previous unwanted pre-orders are a good excuse.  I personally didn't really want NBA 2K21 anyways, so ..

I'm curious if they will add Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit to their pre-orders.  My money is that this is going to be an incredibly hot seller this Christmas; a mix of RC toy karts, cameras, and the Switch. (release October 2020.)

Redeeming points on the website for an in store reward certificate still works fine.
Nah online is not working for me, for in store either. Try to buy a $15 cert. And it sends me a verification code to my email. When I put the code in, I get a message saying there was an error. Tried the app also but $10 and $15 certs say sold out. If anyone knows a work around please post. I have tried on multiple , phones, computers, and even web browsers. All the same error after typing in verify code from email.

Just a PSA,

Super Mario 3D All-Stars is now up for pre-orders :switch: at GS, following todays Nintendo direct. It includes enhanced widescreen versions of SM64, SM Sunshine, and SM Galaxy. Release date is Sept 18, 2020 (2 weeks from now). It will be a limited release. After the physicals get sold, it will only be available digitally. A pre-order is likely going to be a requirement.
Unfortunately, I don’t think SM64 has widescreen support. Since this is going to be the definitive “classic” version of these games for a long time, I wish they would have done widescreen and 60 FPS for all, just a few more general touch ups. Including the Mario 64 ds additions. They got my money of course, so guess it doesn’t matter. The physical will be rare and limited, but I bet it will get some restocks through March. I’ll be surprised if it’s limited to just the first printing. No question just get it if you want it though, it’s not getting a discount.

So, I just received an email from GS customer service regarding pre-orders I couldn't pick up back when the US closed down. The date on my email is 4/6/20, and I don't think they ever responded to it before today. Simply amazing.

In actuality, they've already sent the games in question about a month or so after I sent in that inquiry, so at least I haven't been in the lurch the entire time. But it's just incredible that they're that far backlogged with replying to still be sending out replies at this point.

I've been able to return games using a screenshot of an order invoice shown on the phone that listed the item price before discounts. Assuming your game + case has a GS barcode they should be able to verify the current price of the game and refund you that amount. It's pretty hard to argue with a smashed gamestop case + disc. If you're lucky they will give you the option for cash! :beer:
Thanks for the tip, guess it's worth trying. Like I don't care if they give me a GC or points back or whatever- as long as I get the cert value back in some way.

Unfortunately, I don’t think SM64 has widescreen support. Since this is going to be the definitive “classic” version of these games for a long time, I wish they would have done widescreen and 60 FPS for all, just a few more general touch ups. Including the Mario 64 ds additions. They got my money of course, so guess it doesn’t matter. The physical will be rare and limited, but I bet will get some restocks though March. I’ll be surprised if it’s limited to just the first printing. No question just get it if you want it though, it’s not getting a discount.
Yeah, in the video, it shows black bars on the sides and it doesn't fill up NS screen in the transitions. Odd though Sunshine has it but 64 does not- I would think 64 would be the easier game to work with widescreen support.

LABOR DAY SALE:  (ad courtesy of comicbook website)

gamestop-labor-day-flyer-1235766.jpeg

And the employee that allows that probably got fired. A screenshot of your order confirmation email or what it says on the site doesn't prove you actually got the items. You should probably avoid recommending shady shit like this.

Nothing special in the Labor Day sale, shocker. Same games on sale that always are. Only somewhat interesting thing is the 30% off with new purchase will likely work in store. Also this might stack with the sale games (last few promos haven’t) since the picture shows Star Wars which is also on sale.

I think getting good deals on first party switch games is pretty much dead now. The online promos always cap around $30 and the last couple B2G1 deals were PS4 and Xbox only. Disappointing.

Hopefully the 50% off $100 preowned may work on Labor Day Sales... but guessing no :oldman:
Thanks for the tip, guess it's worth trying. Like I don't care if they give me a GC or points back or whatever- as long as I get the cert value back in some way.
Just need to build a repertoire with a specific store manager. My homestore manager lets me return any online order without issue, and I funnel most of my trades his way. Good luck!

LABOR DAY SALE: (ad courtesy of comicbook website)
Nice, thanks for posting. Just Dance 2020 might be worth flipping!

So no need to bother going to gamestop this weekend then?
I need me some clearance housewares!

Several of long-OOS preowned games I've been looking for during these flash sales came in-stock today.  Perhaps they adjusted what inventory is available to ship out of stores.  Or possible mass new-to-preowned conversions?

Wow, thanks for the heads up Gospelman and thenadz.  Can confirm this is a huge restock.  Streets of rage 4 pre-owned PS4 $15 after discount!

Thanks for the update. Hundreds of games restocked, got some decent ones but looks like I missed out on all the gold mines. Congrats to those that got some.

A few TIV drops I notice, Skyrim down to $10 base (was $12 on Thurs) and COD BO4 down to $7 (was $8).  I grabbed those during the bump lst week but couldn't trade them in in time, so got rid of them today with the Avengers 20% and broke even.  Glad I didn't wait.

Aw dangit, was putting stuff in my cart for the 50% off deal and it looks like they JUST turned it off for the labor day sale. Ah well.
Blah, same here.

I put a few of the pre-owned Labor Day sale games in my cart so I could order them once they dropped below $29.99 but the 50% off promo sadly seems to be dead.

Looks like the 'Deal of the Day' is $40 Trade-in Credit for select Switch games (Smash Bros, Animal Crossing, & MK8 are pictured):
https://www.gamestop.com/deals/deal-of-the-day

Would be a whopping $52/game if it stacks with the 30% bonus for trading towards Avengers...

50% off deal used games is dead, new deal appears to be 4/$30 in $14.99 and below. Basically your paying more if you pick the 9.99 games...

Guessing the $5 monthly coupon doesn’t work on the Labor Day deals right? And I guess new copies of bayonetta vanquish are not just plastic ones and not steelbook

Guessing the $5 monthly coupon doesn’t work on the Labor Day deals right? And I guess new copies of bayonetta vanquish are not just plastic ones and not steelbook
Last time I had to pick between a 25% discount and using a PUR cert, so I'm hoping it isn't the case. Might depend on how good a mood your store manager is O:)

Aw dangit, was putting stuff in my cart for the 50% off deal and it looks like they JUST turned it off for the labor day sale. Ah well.
It didn't work on sale games anyways, once the price was adjusted to the new price it was fixed and the % didn't apply. Though maybe a different cart like the app would have worked?
Looks like the 'Deal of the Day' is $40 Trade-in Credit for select Switch games (Smash Bros, Animal Crossing, & MK8 are pictured):
https://www.gamestop.com/deals/deal-of-the-day
Hope they update their system - still shows up as 30 base. And hopefully apply to more than just 3 titles? I might check out a store after work if they bump the TIV correctly... maybe use a cert to rent Avengers for the weekend :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back