2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
This just seems too risky to break the seal and trade back with G2L promo for the full $59.99 TIV. I will just return NBA 2K21 later sealed.

Went to my main store to trade in Avengers and NBA. Guy said it ended yesterday. Asked him to try the codes and neither worked. He tried to say it was 48 hours from 12 am on the 4th but he’s full of shit. I’ve never had issues trading back in on Sunday’s. GameStop shit the bed with this.
Damn, did you open the games? I knew something like this would happen and didn't even chance it at my main store. I went to the second closet store, which always knows the rules and traded the game in with no problem. Just told him what happened with the codes and gave him the code provided here and he processed it with no problem.

Did 2 trades at 2 stores and had 2 very different results.
First store, dude already knew about the issue with the codes but still required the receipt to do the trade.
Second store, dude had no idea how to do the trade and had to call the manager. They ended up just processing it as a return and gave me the credit that way.

My local store said they couldnt do the trade, and when I called one thats maybe 15 minutes away, they also said it couldnt be done.
I ended up just buying one from best buy with the steelbook, and returning the sealed copy from best buy to gamestop.
What a mess this has been as far as promoting it in their weekly ad and then some stores not doing the trade, while others are actually doing the trade or even offering a full refund.

Damn, did you open the games? I knew something like this would happen and didn't even chance it at my main store. I went to the second closet store, which always knows the rules and traded the game in with no problem. Just told him what happened with the codes and gave him the code provided here and he processed it with no problem.
Unfortunately I did. Sucks because I traded in 2 copies yesterday and the girl that did it is supposedly the manager while the actual store manager hasn't come back to work yet, and I asked if it was good until tomorrow and she seemed to think so. Yet the guy that was there today called her to ask where the codes were and she told him that she was mistaken. Could have just offered to change the values. Not to mention the guy helping me was the same employee that took my Madden G2L trades the Sunday after launch and it worked without issues. So him claiming it's 48 hours after 12am launch day is straight bullshit. Had the actual store manager been back to work, she would have done it without any problems.

Game Coin is on a bunch of upcoming releases now...

Qb1gh7G.png

Stores also ship boxes if the order is large enough. A better indication is to look at the packing slip. Sticker label = warehouse. Half-sheet of letter paper = store.

I've also noticed that packing slips from stores are no longer subtracting the "free shipping" cost out of the items' listed price. So that's a positive change.
If you'll notice, the from-store shipments also have some random mean-nothing order number on them as well. The from-warehouse orders have the correct order number still. Another odd, seemingly arbitrary change.

Went into my GS today to double check about my Amalur CE, and they did not get any extra copies, just the 3 copies preordered (my CE and 1 standard copy per each system,) so just a heads up if you're going in this week looking for a physical copy. They got a few extra physical Minecraft Dungeons physical copies, but not many, especially on XBox.

Went into my GS today to double check about my Amalur CE, and they did not get any extra copies, just the 3 copies preordered (my CE and 1 standard copy per each system,) so just a heads up if you're going in this week looking for a physical copy. They got a few extra physical Minecraft Dungeons physical copies, but not many, especially on XBox.
At this point it’s good advice for any game you want to buy at launch. Stores just aren’t getting to number of copies they used to. And stores around here are releasing preorder holds after 48 hours (even if you’ve paid in full).

Hmm my orders were both due to be delivered today but now changed to scheduled deliver pending. I didn't expect them to arrive until tuesday anyway at the earliest.  But it's so weird that they were supposedly getting near out for delivery then nothing.

I'm on my laptop and B2G2 on pre-owned titles $9.99 and below is back, indicated by the banner if you scroll below. However, when I'm checking out the deal doesn't appear to be good though...

I'm on my laptop and B2G2 on pre-owned titles $9.99 and below is back, indicated by the banner if you scroll below. However, when I'm checking out the deal doesn't appear to be good though...
That banner has been there for months, unfortunately. I could understand it when the $15 and under games were half off (or whatever it was) so it was still technically 4 for $20, but now it's basically B3G1.

Hmm my orders were both due to be delivered today but now changed to scheduled deliver pending. I didn't expect them to arrive until tuesday anyway at the earliest. But it's so weird that they were supposedly getting near out for delivery then nothing.
Probably because it's a holiday today(labor day). Most delivery services are not delivering today. It could also be smaller group of drivers delivering today(if they are) and handling the amount they can deliver.

What r game coins
It's basically a $10 certificate you have to use within 2 weeks. They used to advertise as getting $10 rewards for purchasing certain new games. But enough moronic customers thought that meant they would get $10 back in cash, that GS had to change it to game coins.

I just don’t understand why they don’t make sure store have stock before they put a game on sale. No stores in my area have any new copies of Control for the XB1. My normal store said they haven’t had a new copy of it in at least two months.

I just don’t understand why they don’t make sure store have stock before they put a game on sale. No stores in my area have any new copies of Control for the XB1. My normal store said they haven’t had a new copy of it in at least two months.
That's one of the games that the stores have stopped stocking new copies of since earlier this year. They;re likely trying to clear out older vanilla versions that have no next gen upgrades or DLC, which are probably just down to the display copies right now. Which is what my PS4 copy I bought in July was(had $29.99 sticker, but still had the $59.99 sticker underneath).

That's one of the games that the stores have stopped stocking new copies of since earlier this year. They;re likely trying to clear out older vanilla versions that have no next gen upgrades or DLC, which are probably just down to the display copies right now. Which is what my PS4 copy I bought in July was(had $29.99 sticker, but still had the $59.99 sticker underneath).
I kind of figured that when the first thing the guy tried was to upsale me on the “complete” version that’s coming later this year and includes the free next gen upgrades.

Well, all the big sports games this past year have been G2L, and FIFA will be coming out right after the September bump, so that looks promising...
After the debactle this weekend with some people not getting the G2L coupon and getting screwed, I don't think I'm gonna run the risk of trying it any more. Of course, could always keep the game sealed and return it after you use the coin

Yeah, maybe this was a trial run by GS to try and piss off all us flippers who take advantage of the system.  As of now I'm out the $6 for tax (but I guess I got some pins, woohoo), but if GameCoin comes through painlessly then that plus the trade bump for some of those in demand games, still kind of makes it worthwhile.  But I'm glad I just bought the game and drove down the street to return it.  Was ready to tell the rep my roomate got it instead or something if they called me on returning it like within 45 minutes.  

Yeah, maybe this was a trial run by GS to try and piss off all us flippers who take advantage of the system. As of now I'm out the $6 for tax (but I guess I got some pins, woohoo), but if GameCoin comes through painlessly then that plus the trade bump for some of those in demand games, still kind of makes it worthwhile. But I'm glad I just bought the game and drove down the street to return it. Was ready to tell the rep my roomate got it instead or something if they called me on returning it like within 45 minutes.
At least you got pins. I did not. 😕

Count me among those who didn't get the fingerboard when picking up Tony Hawk. I did get the commemorative medallion with NBA 2K21 Mamba Forever though. Waiting to see about the points and $10 game coin for NBA since I suspect they won't be added until after the Labor Day sale ends.

Did Mario Kart Live Home Circuit ever go up for pre-orders @ GameStop?  They added it a couple days ago to their databse, but all it says is (0) items available for pre-order.

And the pre-order button is greyed out. /boggle

Did Mario Kart Live Home Circuit ever go up for pre-orders @ GameStop? They added it a couple days ago to their databse, but all it says is (0) items available for pre-order.

And the pre-order button is greyed out. /boggle
As a dad with boys who would technically like the Home Circuit, $100 per vehicle (minimum 4 - Mario / Luigi / Princess / Bowser) + additional switches (minimum Lite²) is looking like a solid $600 investment for a couple dozen hours of loud entertainment and endless hours of super-gluing and duct tape. I'm thinking the course setup will be just as fun as the actual racing... But realistically the market outside of rich people with 5000 sq ft houses.... will be a bunch of neckbeards racing around their Warhammer 40k table, or collectors / flippers. I might revisit if the price drops to 25% MSRP like Labo. Cardboard kits were fun for a week or so then abandoned with the joycons inside... (cracked...)

Personally, I'm buying a couple Game & Watches... maybe exposes how old I am ... but hopefully a great clock for my office at work. :beer:

Probably because it's a holiday today(labor day). Most delivery services are not delivering today. It could also be smaller group of drivers delivering today(if they are) and handling the amount they can deliver.

It's basically a $10 certificate you have to use within 2 weeks. They used to advertise as getting $10 rewards for purchasing certain new games. But enough moronic customers thought that meant they would get $10 back in cash, that GS had to change it to game coins.
Damn. Wish they don’t expire in 2 weeks

Sad to see many of our GS stores closing up shop. Inevitable? It didn't have to be but consumers have made their beds. Corporations win ... again. Sigh.

I tried using the monthly $5 coupon on Digimon Cyber Sleuth, but the system doesn't allow the coupon to work on sale items. fuck Gamestop.  

Oh great now it looks like they changed the DOTD url now so we may not be able to get a sneak peak anymore.
Their DOTD page always operated the way it currently does. It pulls from their Demand website to display items for their DOTD. The list you love via a search-link was generally inaccurate as a result, because it was more of a wish list, than anything set in stone. It was generated way in advance, before publisher deals / final inventory assessment could actually happen. Essentially, redundancy of their part, with (1) wish list search string, and (2) actually items for DOTD via Demand.

I used to link various DOTD search-strings, but there were alot of complaints about how wrong I was, due to some CAG user's game(s) not showing up on a particular day that was promised.

But yes, you are correct. The search links are no longer being added to GS's database. Or at least, not for now. The next wave of hires may once again do something different. /shrug

After speaking with three different reps I was able to have 10,000 points added to my account for madden 21. 10,000 points is not worth the hassle and I'm done pre-ordering anything with them unless it's exclusive.

After speaking with three different reps I was able to have 10,000 points added to my account for madden 21. 10,000 points is not worth the hassle and I'm done pre-ordering anything with them unless it's exclusive.
But you got 10,000 points that doesn’t expire in 2 weeks which is better then the $10 game coin so it had to be worth something.

Their DOTD page always operated the way it currently does. It pulls from their Demand website to display items for their DOTD. The list you love via a search-link was generally inaccurate as a result, because it was more of a wish list, than anything set in stone. It was generated way in advance, before publisher deals / final inventory assessment could actually happen. Essentially, redundancy of their part, with (1) wish list search string, and (2) actually items for DOTD via Demand.

I used to link various DOTD search-strings, but there were alot of complaints about how wrong I was, due to some CAG user's game(s) not showing up on a particular day that was promised.

But yes, you are correct. The search links are no longer being added to GS's database. Or at least, not for now. The next wave of hires may once again do something different. /shrug
I’ve appreciated the heads up and you always seemed clear that GameStop could modify any of it before the deals go live, not sure why someone would complain about that

It is very frustrating. I guess I’m gonna have to call them here in a few. 20k points would be better than the game coin anyways

Questions I ask myself after experiencing each negative scenario below:

In-store

- Will this used game work when I try to play it?

- Will this new game be sealed?

- Will the $5 monthly reward work?

Online:

- Will the $5 monthly reward work?

- Will I have to browse through all items again if I select a game and go back a page?

- Will I be able to redeem points toward a reward certificate?

- Will the reward certificate work when I order?

- Will the reward certificate spontaneously expire (with no expiration date stated anywhere)?

- Will they ship me the right item?

Phone:

- Will customer support end my call because they are now closed even though I've waited for 2 hours?

- Will they actually do what they say they are going to do?

We deserve better.

Might be totally anecdotal, but I redeemed a $25 online cert over the weekend.

When I went to my digital locker, the certificate said "NULL", but the points eventually got taken from my balance (maybe 10-15 minutes after).

After some steps to verify my account and such to view the code, I see something possibly resembling a code but it wasn't a typical EBC code either. Instead it was WEB-xxxx-xxxx-xx. It was late at night so I wasn't going to be calling CSR at that hour, so I tried it anyway. It ended up working exactly as it was supposed to even though everything else looked funny.

Only downside is that the discounted amount does not count toward FREE shipping. I bought a Switch controller, but the $25 cert brought it below $35 - so I had to buy something else or I would have to pay for shipping. So for those of you looking to use these online certs, definitely keep that in mind when redeeming/purchasing stuff.

I’ve appreciated the heads up and you always seemed clear that GameStop could modify any of it before the deals go live, not sure why someone would complain about that
Some complaints were likely Dave. He would always bitch and moan that the strings wouldn't work (or didn't know how they work); another time he spent a page bitching, only to reveal (via others inquisitions) that he was typing them into the web-address bar. Lulzzz. Quite the troll.

But some others came from people looking for 3DS, as I recall. Zelda games. The wish list was very wrong. No games that day. Then the 3DS games popped up a few days later. They never acknowledged or thanked me. So ... oh well.

I'm the bad guy.

Might be totally anecdotal, but I redeemed a $25 online cert over the weekend.

When I went to my digital locker, the certificate said "NULL", but the points eventually got taken from my balance (maybe 10-15 minutes after).

After some steps to verify my account and such to view the code, I see something possibly resembling a code but it wasn't a typical EBC code either. Instead it was WEB-xxxx-xxxx-xx. It was late at night so I wasn't going to be calling CSR at that hour, so I tried it anyway. It ended up working exactly as it was supposed to even though everything else looked funny.

Only downside is that the discounted amount does not count toward FREE shipping. I bought a Switch controller, but the $25 cert brought it below $35 - so I had to buy something else or I would have to pay for shipping. So for those of you looking to use these online certs, definitely keep that in mind when redeeming/purchasing stuff.
You redeemed an online cert. I’m not sure what you’re trying to tell us. Online carts start with WEB and are found in your digital locker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back