2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I did a few days ago.

I've used them personally for eShop cards, although you need to purchase a $10 card to use the cert, and pay the difference. Store credit comes in handy.

Others have said $5 certs can be used for $5 cards for for the other systems (and you only need to buy a $5 card, not $10) ... But I haven't tried that personally.
Thanks to both of you for confirming. I'm going to redeem points for one $25 cert and one $10 cert and get some Xbox cards. I still have a bit of store credit left as well.

Just as an add on to the fact that you can use both the monthly $5 and the points certificates to redeem eShop/Live/PSN, it’s okay to use a $5 monthly and a $5 points certificate in the same transaction. So if you have enough points, you can get a $10 card for free. Just pointing that out because you can’t use 2 x $5 points certificates (or two of any of the same value), but the monthly and the points are considered to be different and can be used together.

Forgive my ignorance as I'm sure this been asked a million times, and I've likely seen the answer. Can I use the in-store certs to get PSN, Xbox, or eShop cards? It's been awhile since I've used the in-store certs (save the monthly $5) so I'm a bit rusty.
I get $5 xbox codes with mine. Worked for August, used Sept on THPS

Just as an add on to the fact that you can use both the monthly $5 and the points certificates to redeem eShop/Live/PSN, it’s okay to use a $5 monthly and a $5 points certificate in the same transaction. So if you have enough points, you can get a $10 card for free. Just pointing that out because you can’t use 2 x $5 points certificates (or two of any of the same value), but the monthly and the points are considered to be different and can be used together.
Thanks for the added info, I also have the $10 game coin cert for NBA 2K21. I wonder if that and the $10 points cert will work in the same transaction...

I get $5 xbox codes with mine. Worked for August, used Sept on THPS
I'm going to start using my monthly $5 for Xbox codes as well. I used my monthly cert and told the guy helping me I wanted to apply it to THPS since I had a little over $6 to pay it off. Instead (the system I guess?) applied it to my already paid off pre-order of 2K21, lol. Thankfully I still got the $10 game coin cert in spite of the snafu.

Does this go for online certs too?
I think I've heard reports of both success and failure on that. The turrible website is constantly breaking things. I never advise people to buy online certs if going into a store is a reasonable option for you. The online certs often do not work at all and you're forced to deal with their CS phone line.

I wonder if that and the $10 points cert will work in the same transaction...
It probably will. $5 monthly + $5 PUR cert works fine.

Except that wasn't the prediction. At one point on here I went back and pointed out the clip from the video. The prediction was that phase 3 was starting Q4 2019 (it did) and that Gamestop would be closing about half their stores over the next 2 years, which isn't very far off from what is happening.
He literally said, on Twitter, that 2400 stores would close by the end of 2020. In fact, in March he said that phase 3 was supposed to start during Q2/Q3 of 2020 (not Q4 2019, which contradicts your statement) and end by the end of the year. He said that they'd probably close even more than 2k stores this year because of the pandemic. Not only that, but he also said that GameStop couldn't last one more bad quarter when the Q4 2019 financial report was released. Furthermore, he literally said yesterday that GameStop is going to file Chapter 11 bankruptcy by Q4 2020. He's sticking to that Chapter 11 prediction despite the fact that no financial indicators point to this. At no point did he mention anything about this happening over the next two years.

If you personally believe that it's happening over the next 2 years then that's one thing, but I'm not getting this interpretation at all based on his own words. The site that reported his video also did not have this interpretation, and if it was Q4 2019 then his own Twitter contradicts that. I actually believe that at the time his source may have had some general inside information about what's going on. I do not, however, believe that the very, very top level of corporate would simply leak their entire blueprint without a much larger number of people finding out. Most YouTubers tend to sensationalize information and that's perfectly understandable due to their career choice. With that said, if the prediction was simply "a much larger tranche of closures" without this 2400 number, then almost anyone here could've predicted that.

He literally said, on Twitter, that 2400 stores would close by the end of 2020. In fact, in March he said that phase 3 was supposed to start during Q2/Q3 of 2020 (not Q4 2019, which contradicts your statement) and end by the end of the year. He said that they'd probably close even more than 2k stores this year because of the pandemic. Not only that, but he also said that GameStop couldn't last one more bad quarter when the Q4 2019 financial report was released. Furthermore, he literally said yesterday that GameStop is going to file Chapter 11 bankruptcy by Q4 2020. He's sticking to that Chapter 11 prediction despite the fact that literally no financial indicators point to this. At no point did he mention anything about this happening over the next two years.

If you personally believe that it's happening over the next 2 years then that's one thing, but I'm not getting this interpretation at all based on his own words. The site that reported his video also did not have this interpretation, and if it was Q4 2019 then his own Twitter contradicts that. I actually believe that at the time his source may have some general inside information about what's going on. I do not, however, believe that the very, very top level of corporate would simply leak their entire blueprint without a much larger number of people finding out. Most YouTubers tend to sensationalize information and that's perfectly understandable due to their career choice. With that said, if the prediction was simply "a much larger tranche of closures" without this 2400 number, then almost anyone here could've predicted that.
I don't care about the bankruptcy predictions, he's wrong about those. And several other things. I just rewatched a few parts of his phase 3 videos just to check again on some stuff and now I have to decide, again, how much effort I want to put into explaining everything just to have to do it again 6 months from now.

Well, it looks like all the missing points from end of August have been correctly applied... so for anyone that complained the past 2 weeks and got "transaction points not awarded"... yay for more double-dippin!  :beer:

I don't care about the bankruptcy predictions, he's wrong about those. And several other things. I just rewatched a few parts of his phase 3 videos just to check again on some stuff and now I have to decide, again, how much effort I want to put into explaining everything just to have to do it again 6 months from now.
I'm glad we agree that the bankruptcy predictions are incorrect. I've just been in the business world long enough to know not to hold an alarmist view regarding corporate decisions. I personally believe that anything that happens in 2021 depends heavily on how profitable the next-gen release will be.

Sorry if it's been reported already (I don't remember seeing it if it has), but there's apparently 2 versions of the b2g1 promo running, so you can essentially get b2g2 on $29.99 and under.

I just placed an order for Doom Eternal where it came out to basically $15/copy.

Sorry if it's been reported already (I don't remember seeing it if it has), but there's apparently 2 versions of the b2g1 promo running, so you can essentially get b2g2 on $29.99 and under.

I just placed an order for Doom Eternal where it came out to basically $15/copy.
I don't think it's been posted yet, but has been live since yesterday. I got an order in after some games restocked. Works well for b2g2, b4g4 and b8g8.

Don’t apologize, thanks for pointing it out. In hindsight I guess there had been some hints that went over my head :) Your the first to really outright confirm it though I think. I got bravely second and hey pikmin

I'm getting a glitch to where i can't use trade credit to order games online.

Has anyone experienced this? First time for me,

If so, does it resolve itself, or do I hae to do something?

Another boring week for me.  Just looking forward to playing Mario 3D All Stars on the 18th and pre-ordering a Series X on the 22nd.

Another boring week for me. Just looking forward to playing Mario 3D All Stars on the 18th and pre-ordering a Series X on the 22nd.
Sounds similar to me. Except mine will be a Series S, and I was pleasantly surprised because I expected no deals this week of any kind, but at least got a $5 boost deal on Switch games.

The DOTD for 9/12 was BLOPS4 but it wasn't actually active all day even when added to cart. Not that I wanted it but I just thought it was odd.

Get 40% off when you buy 4 or more $29.99 games sale just showed up. As always, online only, and sale may go up to 50% off midweek.

I usually wait at least until the Black Friday/Holiday sales to get the glorified annual roster update that is FIFA, but I see from the new ad that it will have a $10 coin promo for buying in advance...and also that I can get a 30% bonus on trades if I apply them to the pre-order/pre-purchase. So I might actually get it on release for the first time  :shock:

Will I be able to benefit from both offers? I also have an e-rewards $25 certificate which I was planning to use on the pre-order. If I add an in-store cert to all that it'll probably self-destruct.  8-[

Will I be able to benefit from both offers?
You can trade to get the 30% bump, and get the $10 game coin. But with GameStop being GameStop, you'll probably have to call to get the Game Coin (or points equivalent). To be certain of qualifying for the offer, you should fully pay off FIFA before it releases.

I totally missed that myself until last night as well, saw that :switch: Trials of Mana, :switch: FFXII Zodiac, :switch: FFX-X-2, :ps4: Sekiro had price drops to $29.99 and put in a few orders at the $29.99 / $27.99 / $17.99 price points. :beer: Its just less convenient than the 50% off 100+, but with +5 this week, kinda moot.

I'm getting a glitch to where i can't use trade credit to order games online.

Has anyone experienced this? First time for me,

If so, does it resolve itself, or do I hae to do something?
I had that same issue last nite after 11:30 EST, trade cards work this morning when I placed an order.

$5 extra trade credit for all Switch games? NICE.
More Rabids!

I totally missed that myself until last night as well, saw that :switch: Trials of Mana, :switch: FFXII Zodiac, :switch: FFX-X-2, :ps4: Sekiro had price drops to $29.99 and put in a few orders at the $29.99 / $27.99 / $17.99 price points. :beer: Its just less convenient than the 50% off 100+, but with +5 this week, kinda moot.

I had that same issue last nite after 11:30 EST, trade cards work this morning when I placed an order.

More Rabids!
Thanks for confirming the trade card glitch last night. I submitted a ticket to them last night, but figure that won't be answered by them for another week/if at all.

I just tried this and all 4 games came out to 17.99.. .how are you getting b2g2?

Keep an eye out for those doing the +$5 trades, some games > $2 aren't getting the bonus like usual.

Thanks for confirming the trade card glitch last night. I submitted a ticket to them last night, but figure that won't be answered by them for another week/if at all.
Yea, I just used Xbox $20 GC to test if the trade card worked this morning and got the code instantly. Maybe there was some authentication server issue on their end last night since you could still verify your balance at the time; I gave up soon after. Or maybe something more sinister that they are disabling purchases until prices update for the new week! haha

Any games for <$30 flash sale that are also good SB candidates? Doom Eternal comes out to $16.79, didn't it get a bump to $20 base last month?
Doom is a good candidate for the $25 "top trade value" slot - this week is Modern Warfare. I hope once PS5/XB2 console and game preorders open up there will be a system + game trade in promo (like one last +$5 promo on PS4/XB1 and pray for it to align with a bump!)

Keep an eye out for those doing the +$5 trades, some games > $2 aren't getting the bonus like usual.

Yea, I just used Xbox $20 GC to test if the trade card works and got the code pretty instantly. Maybe there was some authentication server issue on their end since you could still verify your balance at the time; I gave up soon after.

Doom is a good candidate for the $25 "top trade value" slot - this week is Modern Warfare. I hope once PS5/XB2 console and game preorders open up there will be a system + game trade in promo (like one last +$5 promo on PS4/XB1 and pray for it to align with a bump!)
They required you to trade in the console in order to benefit that in the past? I got a bunch of PS4/XB1 games I want to trade in!

Traded in the switch games no problems today - the guy didn't even realize the $5 promo went live today. Made sure every one of my trade ins got it and it did so sweet :)

They required you to trade in the console in order to benefit that in the past? I got a bunch of PS4/XB1 games I want to trade in!

Traded in the switch games no problems today - the guy didn't even realize the $5 promo went live today. Made sure every one of my trade ins got it and it did so sweet :)
Console trade in bonus is likely limited towards next gen consoles only, games would be separate like always. Much like how the bonus 20% promos never apply to accessories like controllers.

Looking at my trade in numbers, most of the games traded below their moving average, so maybe shoulda waited for a bump if things don’t get too busy later this week

Skimmed the last 10 or so pages, with the store closures is there a list of which stores are going the way of the dinosaurs? I recall a website that would list out all the closures, but don't remember the URL.

Console trade in bonus is likely limited towards next gen consoles only, games would be separate like always. Much like how the bonus 20% promos never apply to accessories like controllers.

Looking at my trade in numbers, most of the games traded below their moving average, so maybe shoulda waited for a bump if things don’t get too busy later this week
When do bumps usually happen? I'm kinda new to the whole trading in thing - I haven't traded in games for years until recently.

Also got my Avengers game coins, so they gave me double the rewards woot

picked up a beat copy of Rainbow Six Siege XB1 in a thrift store to put toward my XIII reserve. I am not familiar with the game but it shows $8.80 value right now. Any opinions on hold out for a boost vs. dump that trash now?

Looking for opinions from those of you who frequent The Game Stop:

Should I trade in my Xone X now, or is it likely there will be a better deal once preorders for the XSX actually open? Like extra credit towards the XSX or something?

I live about an hour away from the Gamed Stop so I was going to trade, get the credit on the card, and then just preorder the XSX via the website and have it shipped to me

Avenger Game Coin finally showed up in my active offers this morning. I called on Saturday and they added the 10k points. Not sure how aware Gamestop is with these issues, but I guess enough people don't call for the game coin points, so it probably evens out in the end.

picked up a beat copy of Rainbow Six Siege XB1 in a thrift store to put toward my XIII reserve. I am not familiar with the game but it shows $8.80 value right now. Any opinions on hold out for a boost vs. dump that trash now?
hold for stealth bump. it was 12 or 15 two weeks ago.

Some Switch games I noticed that under the 4 for $30 that are worth trading in right now w/ the $5 promo.

MotoRacer 4

Farming Simulator

Carnival Games

ATV Drift & Tricks

Totals out about $43.10 - if the promo works on it that is. Going to see if my local stores have any of these

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back