2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully we will get a most wanted weekend tomorrow to go along with the current promos. Preordered my PS5 in store yesterday. Physical forever.

Anyone know if Gamestop if offering the $100 trade-in value on XBOX/PS5 pre-orders for the Xbox One OG 1 TB model? I know there are for the 500 GB one, but the 1 TB is not listed.

For these $5 extra trade-in toward a pre-order of a PS5 game, are you guys usually able to put $5 toward the game and keep the rest as credit? I don't think I am going to get a next-gen right away.

For these $5 extra trade-in toward a pre-order of a PS5 game, are you guys usually able to put $5 toward the game and keep the rest as credit? I don't think I am going to get a next-gen right away.
Depends on your store, but I put down $5 towards Legion something and put the rest on a trade card. Plan to shift to another game at a later date.

Put $5 down and keep the rest. Putting more may be risky, if your store folds or goes into CV19 hibernation again.

It's handy to have throwaway pre-orders at various locations. Before you start a trade, move an old $5 pre-order to the game with the current bonus on the same transaction. Moving the pre-order first seems to help avoid any notice of what is actually going on, as it will seem an ordinary, innocent request.

Try and see what works best for you.

And most of the games are jacked up prices. B2g2 was better. Hell b1g1 was better. Laughable the price of pre-owned ff7r given that you can buy it new cheaper and used for 25 from gamefly. Honestly 25 is probably too much for an incomplete game.

I'd say it is easily worth about $25 if it is your style of game. It is an incomplete story but the game itself feels like a complete game and was really enjoyable.

Anyone else starting to feel like the $5 monthly PUR cert is worthless since it has so many restrictions? It can't be use on sale items or promos.

Anyone else starting to feel like the $5 monthly PUR cert is worthless since it has so many restrictions? It can't be use on sale items or promos.
I used it on a "sale" item with store pickup last week. Of course, the same item shows still being on sale so it might be the exclusion.

Call of Juarez for the Switch.

Not ideal but far from worthless for me. If you just use it 3 times out of 12 in a year it’s paid for, not to mention the other PUR benefits on top of that. Others have mentioned using it to buy digital credit. I haven’t tried that yet though. Worst case, get a junky little toy that costs less than $5, making it free, and give it to a kid

Not ideal but far from worthless for me. If you just use it 3 times out of 12 in a year it’s paid for, not to mention the other PUR benefits on top of that. Others have mentioned using it to buy digital credit. I haven’t tried that yet though. Worst case, get a junky little toy that costs less than $5, making it free, and give it to a kid
why do you have so much resentment towards children?

Always has been a lame way to force me to go to the store monthly to buy a $10 eshop card for $5

If it ever stops working on digital currency then it will become worthless. I hate using certs on anything that might be returned since you just lose them

Hey, almost exactly to the day I finally got my Avengers Game Coin!  Looks like the rep was right, it took almost 2 weeks to fully show.

BAH

It's $5 toward digital currency, essentially. Or toward some random in-store impulse purchase, presumably not on sale. I have used them before on $5 clearance T-shirts earlier this year, but I'm just buying digital currency nowadays. I'm not sure what sticks and what doesn't at this moment.

You didn't mention being a Pro member, but if that was silently inferred, the real draw for Pro IMO is the 10% bonus to base TiV, assuming you happen to trade alot, like some of us do...

It's $5 toward digital currency, essentially. Or toward some random in-store impulse purchase, presumably not on sale. I have used them before on $5 clearance T-shirts earlier this year, but I'm just buying digital currency nowadays. I'm not sure what sticks and what doesn't at this moment.

You didn't mention being a Pro member, but if that was silently inferred, the real draw for Pro IMO is the 10% bonus to base TiV, assuming you happen to trade alot, like some of us do...

I guess it also nice not verbally giving out my phone number for everyone in line to hear and possibly do a reverse-look-up, etc - after they already saw what I bought, or see that I have alot to trade.
Yes, I'm Pro and had Elite before. I stopped flipping games after they killed off the Elite membership. Everything that seems interesting to me which is DoTD and the current Cyber sale, does not work with the $5 PUR monthly coupons. I'm currently using my coupons on PSN and Xbox gift cards.

I ended up placing an order just before midnight last night when I decided I wanted that X-Men statue of Beast, and realized Sekiro was 17.99 with the buy 4 get 40% off, and they had some weird ones back in stock used that I had been eyeing for a while (Raging Loop, Dusk Diver). Here's hoping I get some cases with my used games.

Yes, I'm Pro and had Elite before. I stopped flipping games after they killed off the Elite membership. Everything that seems interesting to me which is DoTD and the current Cyber sale, does not work with the $5 PUR monthly coupons. I'm currently using my coupons on PSN and Xbox gift cards.
Even for non-GS-flip, the %10 is still welcome for yard sale fodder / thrifting. The $5 bonus for XB1 /PS4, in addition to Switch, is going to make me look .. harder.

Digital currency is definitely a safer way to go for the $5 PUR. You're doing great.

Friggotha, what did you mean by not having to give phone number if you are pro?

I agree that would be nice. How does being Pro make it so you don’t have to give out phone number? They always ask me. There a membership card I’m missing out on?

why do you have so much resentment towards children?
LOL, the sad thing is the toys were meant for kids, but I think kept by their dad. There was a guy I worked with that loved Pokemon and had 6 kids that were really into it too. I would get cheap Pokémon stuff to give them sometimes, or just had some to get rid of, I’ve never been too into Pokemon. But I stopped after I realized most of it never left his desk at work. Its was all arranged on his desk months later, I asked, “your kids didn’t want it?” “No, I didn’t give it to them, they would have fought over it, looks nice on my desk.” Not a big deal, like you said cheap mostly free junk, but I wasn’t buying the stuff for a 30 year old guy...he really really wanted a shiny pikachu I randomly happened to get in my game, said for one of his kids, but I suspect that would have just stayed with him too, so that didn’t happen.

Still, it’s something to do with the $5 bucks if nothing else. Or you could get a cheap toy and melt it, put it on a train track and see what it looks like after, plenty of fun things to do with the $5 cert!

Same here. Flipping options are not what they used to be with fewer sales, less discount, less inventory, and 2 out of 4 stores stores near me now closed. I'm just riding out my membership on half priced $5 PSN cards. Which is still something. Anything I buy on PSN basically becomes half price on top of whatever sale they have.

Friggotha, what did you mean by: I guess it also nice not verbally giving out my phone number for everyone in line to hear and possibly do a reverse-look-up, etc - after they already saw what I bought, or see that I have alot to trade.

I agree that would be nice. How does being Pro make it so you don’t have to give out phone number? They always ask me. There a membership card I’m missing out on?
I snipped that part out as irrelevant, but it still got quoted. It's cool. I mainly removed it from my quote because someone can have a Basic membership card with all their info (ie no Pro) and not need to give out personal info verbally. It was an afterthought. Having a Pro membership is the same idea, and my original assertation was off.

My stores always ask me too for phone #. When they ask, I pull out my PUR card, flip it upside down, and let them scan the barcode. One store did ask repeatedly, and I just shrugged while holding out my card, not saying a word. They got flustered, pulled out the barcode reader and scanned it. That employee is long gone; that was last year.

In conclusion, there is nothing you're missing out on. It's really up to you to verbally give it out. If you refuse, they still want your business.

O:)

The only reason i re-upped is because they literally paid me to, during the last pro day sale. Otherwise, i was content with sitting on my points and waiting for a CE to use them on (which I ended up doing anyways, once stores got GOT CEs back in stock)

Ok, thanks! I’ll ask in store about a physical membership card, I wouldn’t mind that
If you've got the app on your phone it's also in there.

Login -> Pancake Menu in the upper left ->PowerUp Rewards -> The click "Card Details" in the middle right.

Screen shot it or print it out if you want, I think there are similar steps to do on the website for the same result. They just need that number.

I also refuse to give out my phone number.

Went to gamestop and both the manager and asst manager got fired. Picked up my mario 3d pre order and the lady says just so you know you account is flagged and you cant trade or return anything. I said hmm I haven't traded in much lately. I said I used to be banned but it was only for 90 days but I'm good now. I said can you just act like I'm going to trade something in to see if it works. She said no you are PERMANENTLY BANNED from trading and returning.

Went to gamestop and both the manager and asst manager got fired. Picked up my mario 3d pre order and the lady says just so you know you account is flagged and you cant trade or return anything. I said hmm I haven't traded in much lately. I said I used to be banned but it was only for 90 days but I'm good now. I said can you just act like I'm going to trade something in to see if it works. She said no you are PERMANENTLY BANNED from trading and returning.
Leave a feedback (recommended).

How did the managers get fired? Also, try going to another store. Sometimes store employees will just lie about your account.

Ok, thanks! I’ll ask in store about a physical membership card, I wouldn’t mind that
GS got rid of physical powerup cards last year. If you don't want to verbally say any info or write it down, you'll have to use the phone app as your card (rotate screen turns the app into a digital card with a barcode.)

GS got rid of physical powerup cards last year. If you don't want to verbally say any info or write it down, you'll have to use the phone app as your card (rotate screen turns the app into a digital card with a barcode.)
In my area you can enter your phone number on the payment reader key pad, is that not nationwide?

Anyone know if Gamestop if offering the $100 trade-in value on XBOX/PS5 pre-orders for the Xbox One OG 1 TB model? I know there are for the 500 GB one, but the 1 TB is not listed.
I imagine it's the same TIV as the divide is meant to be based on system desirability, etc. and since there's fewer 1 TB VCR models they just didn't list that as part of that flyer.

My GS's still use physical cards. It's predominantly what every customer uses in my area.

Unfortunately this store is in my hometown all other stores are 30 minutes away. I have a second account but didn't want to tell her that. I wore a mask and it was my first time seeing her so I'll try my other account when I'm done with Avengers. My stores managers would let me do crazy flips. I always asked before so I never tried tricking them into helping me flip. She didn't say why they were gone. On Wednesday they were both there and I traded in 2 games. Today they are gone and I'm banned

Hang on... did online PS5 pre-orders already come and go? Why did I sign up with Gamestop for PS5 info if they weren't going to even give a heads up on when they were starting preorders? No email or text or app alert or anything?

Hang on... did online PS5 pre-orders already come and go? Why did I sign up with Gamestop for PS5 info if they weren't going to even give a heads up on when they were starting preorders? No email or text or app alert or anything?
Yes, it came and went. In the history of signing up for notifications, I have never received a notification on anything that I have signed up for and this is at least 15 years. I just don't even waste my time anymore, signing up for notifications because they never work.

Don’t need a physical card. There is a digital card on the gamestop app after you login. For iOs, Go to rewards-> card details. There is a barcode they can scan. Congrats, you never have to announce your phone # in public again!

well after finding two of my local family videos are closing, i was able to get enough to cover my PS5, controller, and a Demon Souls with the $5 bonus. 

Sucks to see Family Video close, but i got a steal on some cheap 1st party switch games.

is everyone using ios or something? that is the only way i can fathom that no one is talking about how horrible the new app for android is. as far as i can tell, you cant search for trade values and there is no way to redeem points for certificates. is it possible to rollback an update?

is everyone using ios or something? that is the only way i can fathom that no one is talking about how horrible the new app for android is. as far as i can tell, you cant search for trade values and there is no way to redeem points for certificates. is it possible to rollback an update?
To me it seems equally bad as before. Or maybe i dont have this update yet. Regardless, the digital certificates have been "sold out" on app for a long while now. Have to log into PUR through mobile or desktop browser.

I have android and my app hasn't updated. I have a newer phone with the latest android software so I'm not sure why it hasn't updated. Maybe it's better this way though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back