2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, last night just before midnight I was loading some games into the app so I could see what the pre-SB values were and Monster Energy Supercross 3 base TIV was $45. Also confirmed it on the website to double-confirm at it was $45 there too.

I almost flipped. Of course I saved the value and (of course) this morning it had reverted back to $13 base TIV. I don't know if that was a midnight glitch while values were adjusting for the SB and SD (Stealth Dumps) or if it was a part of the Just Cause and Final Fantasy value abnormalities people were talking about earlier in the week. If only I had checked the values Wednesday night...
I posted this first in the cagiversary lounge Tuesday. When jc4 popped up, the common factor was discernible that sale games (not in the ad) had trade values equal to the sale price. The games were ffx/x-2 for xb1, ffxii zodiac age for switch, dq builders 2 for PS4, jc4 and metro exodus for x/p and monster supercross 3 for all 3 systems.

I posted this first in the cagiversary lounge Tuesday. When jc4 popped up, the common factor was discernible that sale games (not in the ad) had trade values equal to the sale price. The games were ffx/x-2 for xb1, ffxii zodiac age for switch, dq builders 2 for PS4, jc4 and metro exodus for x/p and monster supercross 3 for all 3 systems.
Wow, I don't even check there that often. You post there reliably, but since there are so few members that post there, I forget about that page. Can't believe that TIV was up there for 3 days and I saw it after closing on the last day. That is the single worst miss I've ever had since joining CAG a decade ago.

Alright bois, the gamestop gods are shining brightly tonight!

efcv1UQ.jpeg

XRozgNU.jpeg

The animal crossing nsw console is currently available on the gs website. I just checked out for one. Credit to a random post on SD.

Edit: went oos in ~5min. I wonder if they received new units from Nintendo or if they just found a few more new units somewhere.
There was a facebook and twitter post about nintendo doing a limited restock of the animal crossing one. Wario posted about it 2 days or so ago.

Alright bois, the gamestop gods are shining brightly tonight!

efcv1UQ.jpeg

XRozgNU.jpeg
wow thats amazing you got a copy of ps4 Ys 8. Must have been in that restock from a week or two ago? Better check that pokemon gold since those are heavily pirated. Also congrats on getting a complete copy of Ys 8 switch. I got one at the beginning of the month when I decided to roll the dice and ordered 8 of them. So far only one complete and another semi complete just missing the cards. 1 in the case but without case art and 4 cart in generic case.

wow thats amazing you got a copy of ps4 Ys 8. Must have been in that restock from a week or two ago? Better check that pokemon gold since those are heavily pirated. Also congrats on getting a complete copy of Ys 8 switch. I got one at the beginning of the month when I decided to roll the dice and ordered 8 of them. So far only one complete and another semi complete just missing the cards. 1 in the case but without case art and 4 cart in generic case.
Yeah, I ordered 3 myself. This is the only one that came complete. Pokemon HeartGold is pretty easy to tell, never seen a fake black cart before. For the gray carts, you just have to make sure the four digits at the front match the first four digits at the back.

If it hasn't already been reported, the 5 for 50% off does work in store
Holy shit. I've been wasting the last 2 hours trying to order online and the inventory tracker is absolutely broken :shock: . Thank you so much, PS5 is getting paid off today.

Not sure if anyone else is having this problem, but my IP address was definitely blocked by GS today. I thought their site was still down from the PS5 preorders, but once I turned on my VPN it loaded right up. That's what I get for checking 100 values this morning.

Not sure if anyone else is having this problem, but my IP address was definitely blocked by GS today. I thought their site was still down from the PS5 preorders, but once I turned on my VPN it loaded right up. That's what I get for checking 100 values this morning.
I could load the site but couldn't access my account. I was blocked from whatever version of the login screen is used in the modal popup; it just spun forever. When I checked what was actually going on, it was returning a 403 permission denied message.

I had to add something to cart first then try to checkout, which took me to an actual login page.

Haven’t been to GameStop in a while. Do they still take scratched disks? I just found my old 360 games but they’re scratched. Anyone know if I can get in the $5 extra deal. Just want to get rid of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven’t been to GameStop in a while. Do they still take scratched disks? I just found my old 360 games but they’re scratched. Anyone know if I can get in the $5 extra deal. Just want to get rid of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, they still take scratched discs, but will charge a refurb fee for it. But since it's 360 games, they'll likely not take them due to low trade in values for games from that system. Since they've started to become picky on what they;ll take since reopening from lockdown. Only ones you'd get a decent amount for would be NCAA Football '13 or 14.

Which for the extra $5, you'd need a game with $5 TIV base value. So good luck on having any 360 games that get that much.

Yeah, I haven't checked that CAGanniversary thread in close to 2 years, maybe I should check it out for flips every once and awhile. :whistle2:

Yes, they still take scratched discs, but will charge a refurb fee for it. But since it's 360 games, they'll likely not take them due to low trade in values for games from that system. Since they've started to become picky on what they;ll take since reopening from lockdown. Only ones you'd get a decent amount for would be NCAA Football '13 or 14.

Which for the extra $5, you'd need a game with $5 TIV base value. So good luck on having any 360 games that get that much.
360 games don't qualify for the $5 promo. Only X1, PS4 and Switch do.

Any good flips for the 50% off 5 19.99 games ?
I can't find 5 of anything worth it in the same location.

Store pickups shouldn't be this limiting.

Which is annoying because I was just at a physical location that clearly has inventory but doesn't show up on pickup

I can't find 5 of anything worth it in the same location.

Store pickups shouldn't be this limiting.

Which is annoying because I was just at a physical location that clearly has inventory but doesn't show up on pickup
Yeah my local stores are always cleaned out now. It might be worth checking in person though with how their inventory system is.

Yeah my local stores are always cleaned out now. It might be worth checking in person though with how their inventory system is.
I'll take their inventory system over dealing with the frustrations of trying to find a clearance game at walmart.

I just got back from my local store and found out 2 things:

1. Since COVID is going on, the DMV has given everyone who's license expires between 3/1/20 through 12/31/20 a one year extension. I didn't think about this when I ordered all these games recently, and now I'm stuck with them because GS won't accept my license that expired 2 weeks ago.

2. 5/50% works in store. Online inventory doesn't work but I just went in with a list, found 5 and they rang up accordingly.

Just received a phone call from my local GS... probably the most Gamestop phone call yet. In order to pre-order a Series S/X (can only get one) you are required to pre-order 5 games/accessories to go along with it. It is not a pre-set bundle, so I'm hoping those are 5 pre-orders that can be returned/cancelled after launch.
I currently live in the same state as you and I believe the GameStop employees at my location actually singled your store out for using incredibly shady tactics. The store manager said that corporate is making them enforce a 5 game/accessory requirement for all next-gen console pre-orders, but they are going to ignore corporate's directions because they don't believe in forcing the customer to buy things that they don't want. They believe that it hurts customer retention and is just more stressful for everyone involved.

Yeah, I ordered 3 myself. This is the only one that came complete. Pokemon HeartGold is pretty easy to tell, never seen a fake black cart before. For the gray carts, you just have to make sure the four digits at the front match the first four digits at the back.
the fakes are getting better and sometimes the letters match now. for black carts, hold them up to the flashlight on your phone and they will turn a see-thru reddish pink. There are zero fakes that will do that. For regular DS games, your best bet is looking at the font of the Nintendo logo and NTR on the back. Also, what little bit of the circuit board sticks out on the back never looks quite right.

the fakes are getting better and sometimes the letters match now. for black carts, hold them up to the flashlight on your phone and they will turn a see-thru reddish pink. There are zero fakes that will do that. For regular DS games, your best bet is looking at the font of the Nintendo logo and NTR on the back. Also, what little bit of the circuit board sticks out on the back never looks quite right.
Thanks for this info, I had never heard about the light trick before. Guess my cheap white 2 is legit.

I am fairly good at spotting fakes as well, but I bought a complete copy of White 2 and Dragon Quest iv recently for $15 each. Too good of a deal not to have bells going off, but everything checked out in my eye. I just did not know the light trick.

I get the feeling that Xbox Series X/S game TIVs will be low since MS main focus is game pass and digital sales.

How does the g2l/gamecoin system work?

I pay off a g2l game, return it within the allowed time period, get 60 back, lose 5 from tax, but make 5 with the $10 game coin?

Does the 4 for $30 still work in store? Was looking to pick up some older titles for the one x.
It should. I see signs all over the preowned games instore
50% off for 5 games 19.99 each has been reported to work in store if the flash sale is still going on.

How does the g2l/gamecoin system work?

I pay off a g2l game, return it within the allowed time period, get 60 back, lose 5 from tax, but make 5 with the $10 game coin?

It should. I see signs all over the preowned games instore
50% off for 5 games 19.99 each has been reported to work in store if the flash sale is still going on.
It's a trade in when you bring it back if they do it properly, so you also get ~$120 worth of points in total (2400-2500), which also helps mitigate the tax overall.

PS4 games seem to be a better 50% off deal

Some Resident Evils are good cart fillers atm for TIV if you're going for immediate store pickup and need to complete 5 titles at the same store for 50%

It's a trade in when you bring it back if they do it properly, so you also get ~$120 worth of points in total (2400-2500), which also helps mitigate the tax overall.
Points still count when purchased through trade credit?

That sounds like best play.

I pre-ordered FIFA expecting it to be a G2L. I'll hold until the next ad b4 cancelling.

Yeah, I dropped off some games today for that promo and strangely it didn't want to apply to Doom Eternal for Xbox and they had to manually adjust it. Keep an eye on your trades to make sure they're all applying.

Cleared out 3 copies of almost everything PS4/Switch under $20 worth flipping (too lazy to look up/confirm most XB titles) from 4 stores to trade back into 3 stores and got an Oculus Quest 2 for almost free!  :beer: Rainy afternoon bordeom solved!

16 16 16 16 16 16 16 16 16 16 16 16 16 is the number of the day! (in PBS voice!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back