2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know the limit of the number of times one can trade the same game in a rolling period??
3 - 4 on the same platform from what I've seen here and other forums.

I'm at 2 on multiple titles, not risking a trade ban especially this close to new console releases/deals

I had to do this at one store last +$5 any game... manager wouldn't' budge as well, but they interpreted it as the bonus $5 had to be put towards a preorder, so with ~100 games = ~$500 worth of preorders. I ended up cancelling all of them later which put a couple comments onto my account and apparently some thread in GS's local forum complaining. :bomb:

I get the feeling if you had cut bait an run, they might have called nearby stores today instead of when you cancelled the pre-orders hehe. But lesson learned.. don't cancel pre-orders... merge / transfer them!

That is exactly what I felt like I was doing these last two days. The two mall stores near me are always pretty picked clean - so when I come in with a big tote of games, they seem quite happy. Today when I returned with another tote, I asked where the last set of games I brought in yesterday went - he said they sold already... so yea....

Inventory management! :beer: Back at the 2k limit, time to take a break until next MWT. It does seem like +5 switch might be a thing until COVID is over.. but fliptential is mediocre.
I'm curious how you knew an employee added comments to your account. Is there a way to check, or did another employee notify you about the comments?

I know it's a silly question, but GS keeps changing things up recently. Does the stealth bump usually end on Sunday now or is it still Monday usually?

Anyone know the limit of the number of times one can trade the same game in a rolling period??
4 like others have said. I’ve traded in almost 30 copies of God of War on my only account so have hit that 4th many times. Gotta be eagle eyed too Incase they mistakenly ring up the game twice or ring up a similar game incorrectly as to push you into the 5-ban. (GoW3 remastered trade in for example)

I'm curious how you knew an employee added comments to your account. Is there a way to check, or did another employee notify you about the comments?
Just gotta ask a friendly store associate.

I got a question.  I am still having a ban on trading for over a year and I am in Chicago where I need ID to trade in.  I can technically go outside the city limit and use my buddy's account for trade in, he is standard member.  I want to take advanatge of $5 extra bonus for preorder, specially  trading in spiderman because of the MM bullshit.  So, if i use my friend  name and phone order to trade-in and preorder; when I pick up game, will i need to show ID or will phone number be fine?

Bumps usually end on Sundays right? Debating buying a shit ton of games from GameStop and holding til tomorrow, but if all those $10 games drop, I’m SOL. Turned $100 into $350 easily today and have like $25 on preorders lol

Filling out a GS survey since my local store was cool about my trades this week, but generally curious has anyone won one of those monthly gift cards? I get to the end and I usually fill it out but maybe it’s just a waste of time.

Lol best deal is regular farming simulator 19 for xb1 7.50 @50% off trades for 16 with Pro.
playing with trade credit is fun

Bumps usually end on Sundays right? Debating buying a shit ton of games from GameStop and holding til tomorrow, but if all those $10 games drop, I’m SOL. Turned $100 into $350 easily today and have like $25 on preorders lol
they'll drop, but you'll still be ahead with the +5 going on. Or hold til the next bump.

I went and got 11 games from that under 20 sale. I may try and do this flip everyones talking about. But ill have to hope it is still going after they arrive

I think they nerfed the trade values of several games that were 5 dollars when I first looked, and now lookto be $4.40..so the bonus doesn't apply to them. Dark Souls 3 and a couple others. Shame, I had some duplicates and games I probably win't revisit that would have fetched about 10 bucks a pop.

Guaranteed to Love it Titles:

Super Mario 3D All Stars
Star Wars Squadrons
Crash 4
Fifa 21
[attachment=34680:4D0259A8-1FA5-4264-A623-E0AF291A2FB5.jpeg]

Is this all stuff you bought specifically to trade in/sell?
Yes. I'm a filthy reseller. Some of them were games I bought at a pawn shop that day on my way to Gamestop, like the RDR II and the Black Ops, But most of those were ones I bought a month ago or more that I intended to flip on ebay and just hadn't gotten to them yet. Hence why I said the trade-ins were better than ebay.

Hmm lol? I'm guessing it was a dump list from their existing library / forgettable games ... unless you can get FE-3H for less than $38 .. somewhere..
Believe it or not, I go that Fire Emblem for $25 on ebay, just got lucky.

Apparently you can use the left over credit from the $5 extra credit bonus promo on a PS5 / X1 series console as long you pre-order one PS5 / X1 series game. Traded in 9 games and got $136 in store credit today. Paid Miles Morales Launch edition off and put the rest on a trade card. The employee said the left over credit can be used to pre-order or purchase the PS5 console (when it's available for pre-order or in-stock) which I want to do. I also did another trade  (5 Wii games) in at a different GS and put all $89 credit on a trade card.

Amongst all the flipping, don’t forget to get some games to you know...play.
Also thanks for the heads up on Star Wars Squadrons G2L

Apparently you can use the left over credit from the $5 extra credit bonus promo on a PS5 / X1 series console as long you pre-order one PS5 / X1 series game. Traded in 9 games and got $136 in store credit today. Paid Miles Morales Launch edition off and put the rest on a gift card. The employee said the left over credit can be used to pre-order or purchase the PS5 console (when it's available for pre-order or in-stock) which I want to do. I also did another trade (5 Wii games) in at a different GS and put all $89 credit on a GS gift card.
I'm very confused by this. The employee gave you permission to use your trade credit? How nice of them. And it was put on a trade card, not gift card. They're different.

I'm very confused by this. The employee gave you permission to use your trade credit? How nice of them. And it was put on a trade card, not gift card. They're different.
My bad. Left over trade-in credit was put on a Trade card. I was told I can use the trade card on a PS5.

My bad. Left over trade-in credit was put on a Trade card. I was told I can use the trade card on a PS5.
No worries. I just think it's funny the employee felt the need to tell you that you could use your own trade credit on something. At least they didn't force you to use it all on pre-orders like some would.

No worries. I just think it's funny the employee felt the need to tell you that you could use your own trade credit on something. At least they didn't force you to use it all on pre-orders like some would.
I thought this promo only works with PS5 / X1 series game. Someone mentioned a few pages back that all trade-in credit (w/ the extra $5 bonus) must be used toward PS5 / X1 series games / accessories.

Ah finally got the 4 for 40% off to work properly.  I already picked up a few games earlier but it wouldn't work on cybersleuth disgaea 4 and a few other games so I took them out of my cart.  Tried again just now and they got the 40% off this time. Neat. Biggest get out of the sale for me was tetris effect.  I was waiting for that to drop in price so a sale worked out perfect for that.

Yes. I'm a filthy reseller. Some of them were games I bought at a pawn shop that day on my way to Gamestop, like the RDR II and the Black Ops, But most of those were ones I bought a month ago or more that I intended to flip on ebay and just hadn't gotten to them yet. Hence why I said the trade-ins were better than ebay.
Believe it or not, I go that Fire Emblem for $25 on ebay, just got lucky.
I don't mind resellers, I was just curious, especially about the FE. 😁

It's not the best flip, but if you want to switch from physical to digital and be close to even, MLB The Show 20 and Nier Automata will get you $39.70 combined, and they are on sale digitally for $23 and $20 currently.

I thought this promo only works with PS5 / X1 series game. Someone mentioned a few pages back that all trade-in credit (w/ the extra $5 bonus) must be used toward PS5 / X1 series games / accessories.
You have to put at least $5 onto a PS5 / XsX game preorder in the same transaction as the trade, but that's all it requires. If an employee tells you otherwise, they're either trying to boost their numbers or discourage your trade... or just misinformed.

You have to put at least $5 onto a PS5 / XsX game preorder in the same transaction as the trade, but that's all it requires. If an employee tells you otherwise, they're either trying to boost their numbers or discourage your trade... or just misinformed.
If you already have a ps5/XSX game preorder it really only requires $1 as well, my GameStop was letting me know if I had a game preordered I just need to put $1 down if I don’t want to throw $5 on a new game

I had to do this at one store last +$5 any game... manager wouldn't' budge as well, but they interpreted it as the bonus $5 had to be put towards a preorder, so with ~100 games = ~$500 worth of preorders. I ended up cancelling all of them later which put a couple comments onto my account and apparently some thread in GS's local forum complaining. :bomb:

I get the feeling if you had cut bait an run, they might have called nearby stores today instead of when you cancelled the pre-orders hehe. But lesson learned.. don't cancel pre-orders... merge / transfer them!

That is exactly what I felt like I was doing these last two days. The two mall stores near me are always pretty picked clean - so when I come in with a big tote of games, they seem quite happy. Today when I returned with another tote, I asked where the last set of games I brought in yesterday went - he said they sold already... so yea....

Inventory management! :beer: Back at the 2k limit, time to take a break until next MWT. It does seem like +5 switch might be a thing until COVID is over.. but fliptential is mediocre.

Ideal situation = 28 PS4/XB1 games costing $17.99 (that trade in for $11+5 = 16) = buy 6 copies of each for $9 = $1512 trade credit spent. (no tax state ftw) = 168 games. Trade 4 sets of those games back into 4 stores for 112*$16 = $1792 credit. Trade the last two sets in for cash = $493. So your time = $281 credit + $493 cash for "free" (-$20 for gas!)
Is the 4 copy rule separate for cash?

When that 493 cash could be 896 credit instead... I use friends' accounts instead. I've found all the towns around me that don't require ID.

SL made me pay off a Ps5 game in full yesterday instead of the usual $5 down. Said people were taking advantage of the trade in promo so it was new policy. Lmao okay. Def gonna burn her on the survey. I tried to finesse her but she wouldn’t budge. Guess I have to go back and cancel.

Funny story, a guy was picking up a preorder from one of the stores I was at and he got into a convo about preorders with the employees, how people forget to pick em up or how some preorders are still listed at closed stores. Then they told him he still had a bunch of preorders open at different stores and a couple from a state like an 8 hour drive away lol.

I hate how fickle gamestop employees are. I traded in some of the brand new games I had bought on sale and never played. I took them out of the plastic wrap of course. The girl tried to charge me a refurb fee saying that some of them were damaged. I had just opened them in my car a minute before trading them in like how the heck can they be damaged when they were literally new.

I told her they were new and she wouldn’t budge, so I went to a gamestop 15 minutes away and the employee traded them all in, no refurb fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back