2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man I found an extra Mario maker 2 last night I got with buy 2 get 1 when they were $35 back in March. Time to trade it in towards Fifa and hope for a decent bump!

I am totally unable to login to the new app by the way, website still works fine though.
I had to change my password on the website to get access on the app. I still can't load the power up page where trade cards should be. Luckily I still have my receipt where I preordered my PS5 so it has my card number on it and I memorized the pin. Hopefully we will be able to add the card back to this new app. I also can't find the trade value section within the app. The old one was so much better.

I'm having an issue with the updated app... with the old one, my store credit was on the app saved with the card number and pin. This app doesn't even give me an option to even access that. I have close to $500 store credit saved on there... better not get screwed out of it
Uh, why not put it on a card? Also, it should be tied to your profile when log in to the actual website.

Uh, why not put it on a card? Also, it should be tied to your profile when log in to the actual website.
for whatever reason, my store pushes the virtual stuff and literally denies me a physical trade card so I just always use that. I guess I'll have to start demanding one now lol but I have the card number from a receipt.

I think you're talking about different things.

While it's true that the in-store inventory checker actually works now, I think the originally question was about shippable product which isn't affected by that.

I'm GUESSING that every time there's a big "restock", more individual stores are getting added to the list of stores whose inventory becomes available online.

AND (and I apologize for saying this 97 times now) they are shipping damaged product out now to get it off their hands (mostly applicable to last gen stuff). When you get that giant black sticker covering up the price sticker, it usually seems to be covering a "defective - return to warehouse" sticker. With 360 games, they usually "gamestop refurbish them", but ps3 games are just sold in the exact condition they came in (usually), which can be pretty appalling.
Yes, you are correct. Sorry, I misread the answer. I guess it's possible that the fixing the inventory checker also made more stock available online, as those stores would also be able to fulfill online orders, but who really knows for sure.

So you buy 2x $30 new games to get 50% off a game to resell? Or you plan to resell all 3, just the new games at lower margin? Mostly curious, I don't resell but have a few SNES games I want to add to my collection but waiting for a B1G50% discount to come back :oldman: Cag16 + $5 monthly online that I can't figure out something to use on seems like the more palatable option at the moment.
Yeah, this is the main issue with this deal. While it's true you can get heartgolds for $35 this way, you have to get rid of two other games as well.

Are we going to see better console trade-in deals from Gamestop?  Right now the One X and PS4 Pro are $175.  I think Amazon may be slightly higher.  Wondering how long I should wait and if the trade-in prices will only go down from here.

And no, I don't want to sell on eBay, Craigslist, etc.

Sorry if this has been asked before I couldn’t find it but can you use the $5 monthly coupon towards a In store preorder? Wanted to know if I could just slap that $5 down on my In-store preorder copy of Spider-Miles Morales. Thanks

Sorry if this has been asked before I couldn’t find it but can you use the $5 monthly coupon towards a In store preorder? Wanted to know if I could just slap that $5 down on my In-store preorder copy of Spider-Miles Morales. Thanks
No, that will only work in the system at the time of picking up a preorder. So you could use the Nov $5 in this way but not October's.

So you buy 2x $30 new games to get 50% off a game to resell? Or you plan to resell all 3, just the new games at lower margin? Mostly curious, I don't resell but have a few SNES games I want to add to my collection but waiting for a B1G50% discount to come back :oldman: Cag16 + $5 monthly online that I can't figure out something to use on seems like the more palatable option at the moment.
Yeah, I mean you have to factor if spending $60+ on new games is worth it, in my case it was. If you're talking cheap preowned games, obviously the 40%-50% off deals are better. And even for a $35-$40 game maybe it's better to just use CAG16. But I think it's worth it if i can save another 34% (50- CAG16) on a $55-$80 game, I think it's worth it.

They're are some decent deals out there for $30+ new games. Now that inventory tracker works, you can try to find rare/collectors new games in-store. One store had a copy of skullgirls 2 for $30, that's already a good deal as is, so might as well take advantage of the % off pre-owned. As I previously mentioned the lego dc villains switch for $31 is t bad, others have had success with spongebob, megaman and tetris. Dark souls trilogy for xbox is available to ship for $52, that's like a $80 game if it's open box, $100 if sealed. If they completely hose you on it and there no steelbook, just return it. Just need to be creative and search the site/stores for deals.

Hmm. My PUR Pro expired three days ago, yet I got the $5 coupon this morning for October.
Don't use it if you intend on using that account again. I had mine expire in May before I renewed in July, which I got a $5 one in June after it expired. I used it. but I think they caught it a week later and took 5000 points from my account. Which had 2300 points at the time, so it put my account into negative points.

I think I may have double dipped on my $5 coupon. I bought something in store for pickup and got it, then bought something else while picking up and it was still active and the rep applied it again. Am I going to get flagged for this?

I think I may have double dipped on my $5 coupon. I bought something in store for pickup and got it, then bought something else while picking up and it was still active and the rep applied it again. Am I going to get flagged for this?
You shouldn't. I've double and even triple dipped on the reward certs and never got flagged for it. It has been a few years since then but I'm pretty sure you'll still be fine.

No, that will only work in the system at the time of picking up a preorder. So you could use the Nov $5 in this way but not October's.
Extremely YMMV:

Somehow the monthly cert was somehow able to be applied to my pre-order of Madden 21 back in August. Could have been a total fluke so please take it with a grain of salt.

Yeah, this is the main issue with this deal. While it's true you can get heartgolds for $35 this way, you have to get rid of two other games as well.
Yep, I only bit when it was 1x New $30 for 50% off (got Minecraft new), but 2x new games I don't really have an outlet / need for.

My biggest money makers have been Ys 8. I ordered 8 or so copies in hopes of getting a complete one and luckily did so now I'm selling off the cart only's and others. Near complete one with everything but the cards netted me 68$ after fees and cart only goes for 45-51 after fees. They actually sell pretty quickly too. Though not right now with the pc and ps4 versions being on sale for 23/18 on psn and humble.
Thanks for the insight, I can definitely see the opportunity of flipping rarer games like Ys.

They're are some decent deals out there for $30+ new games. Now that inventory tracker works, you can try to find rare/collectors new games in-store. One store had a copy of skullgirls 2
Yea, I do notice a few gamestops near me have random collectors editions scattered across the "New" wall or up in the rafters. If only there was a way to search a specific store's inventory... :oldman:

Seems like gamestop revamped the customer service system. I had to call them 2 x after my xbsx pre order got cancelled and noticed a few things.

1- sounds like service reps are now based in the us as they spoke perfect English unlike previous times I had a hard time understanding.

2- when I was put on hold the rep kept coming back to me to let me know he was still working on it . This took place every 5 minutes during a 15-20 minute hold.

3- my call got disconnected and when I came back 5 minutes later I saw I had 2 missed calls and a voicemail from the rep explaining what happened.

4-I had to get transferred to another dept to reprocess my order and during the hold the same checking back occurred . When the other dept picked up they had all the details to continue where I thought I would have to explain it all over.

5- the hold times for both calls were about 3 minutes and this was during after the xb preorder fiasco.

With the updated site and app it seems like they invested a lot into customer experience and I’m thinking Reggie is the one pushed for this most.

Has anyone else had to call them recently and experienced the same?

Grabbed a $5 Xbox Live code right before closing at a GameStop tonight before my September coupon expired. The GameStops here are only open from 12 noon to 8 p.m. which is completely asinine. But I made it before they closed!
All GS locations nationwide since reopening are either 11-7 or 12-8 M-Sat and all are 12-6 on Sunday's.

Are we going to see better console trade-in deals from Gamestop? Right now the One X and PS4 Pro are $175. I think Amazon may be slightly higher. Wondering how long I should wait and if the trade-in prices will only go down from here.

And no, I don't want to sell on eBay, Craigslist, etc.
X and Pro are $200 if applied to a new console pre-order or I assume also purchase here in 6 weeks, and with the consoles being mostly or completely backwards compatible, I don't think you're going to get more than $200 in a trade unless you want to sell it yourself.

You shouldn't. I've double and even triple dipped on the reward certs and never got flagged for it. It has been a few years since then but I'm pretty sure you'll still be fine.
Same. I probably hold this particular record. You'll be fine.

X and Pro are $200 if applied to a new console pre-order or I assume also purchase here in 6 weeks, and with the consoles being mostly or completely backwards compatible, I don't think you're going to get more than $200 in a trade unless you want to sell it yourself.
will be tricky, i manage to sell my ps4 pro for 280 because it is the gow limited edition but no real movement on my xbox one x for $250 locally yet, not even for trade.

Someone mentioned this vaguely a few pages back but I can’t find it. Does the buy 1 new game at 29.99 + , get a game used 30% off promo work in store?
Can I theoretically take advantage of it on Friday when paying off and picking up my Star Wars squadrons (39.99 MSRP ) preorder and buying a used game at the same time? Any insight is appreciated, thanks

Someone mentioned this vaguely a few pages back but I can’t find it. Does the buy 1 new game at 29.99 + , get a game used 30% off promo work in store?
Can I theoretically take advantage of it on Friday when paying off and picking up my Star Wars squadrons (39.99 MSRP ) preorder and buying a used game at the same time? Any insight is appreciated, thanks
The website says it's online only so I would guess no, unless someone else can confirm otherwise confirming it worked in store.

I tried it in-store today, to pick up a couple New MM games + DotD trade @$27.50 (trade for $43). It came back a negative .. does not work in-store.

Apparently, on-line only, which is problematic, unless you are not concerned with New being .. well sealed, and untouched? I've gotten New games from GS's website before that didn't even have the original case. Other times, perfect+sealed. /roll-dice.

Hey long time lurker here that recently got trade banned from trading five copies of a game. Cant remember if these bans are 30 or 90 days. Does anyone recall? Thanks in advance

Seems like gamestop revamped the customer service system. I had to call them 2 x after my xbsx pre order got cancelled and noticed a few things.

1- sounds like service reps are now based in the us as they spoke perfect English unlike previous times I had a hard time understanding.

2- when I was put on hold the rep kept coming back to me to let me know he was still working on it . This took place every 5 minutes during a 15-20 minute hold.

3- my call got disconnected and when I came back 5 minutes later I saw I had 2 missed calls and a voicemail from the rep explaining what happened.

4-I had to get transferred to another dept to reprocess my order and during the hold the same checking back occurred . When the other dept picked up they had all the details to continue where I thought I would have to explain it all over.

5- the hold times for both calls were about 3 minutes and this was during after the xb preorder fiasco.

With the updated site and app it seems like they invested a lot into customer experience and I’m thinking Reggie is the one pushed for this most.

Has anyone else had to call them recently and experienced the same?
It's too good to be true. Or, I entered the Twilight Zone. I avoid calling them personally, to not leave any footprints. Good to know though! Hope it holds true! :bouncy:

All GS locations nationwide since reopening are either 11-7 or 12-8 M-Sat and all are 12-6 on Sunday's.
Thanks. Since I primarily use GamePass to play new games on Xbox One and Steam on my PCs and work crazy hours, I hadn't set foot in a GameStop store in months until last night.

So the app shows that I have 5 active offers, but I can't see them. However, the website shows that I only have 2 active offers.

Anybody else have a discrepancy between the number of active offers you have in the app and the website?

Is there a way to see active offers on the app, as maybe I'm missing something and there's a way to see it...

So the app shows that I have 5 active offers, but I can't see them. However, the website shows that I only have 2 active offers.

Anybody else have a discrepancy between the number of active offers you have in the app and the website?

Is there a way to see active offers on the app, as maybe I'm missing something and there's a way to see it...
The other “active” offers are just old digital things you bought. For example, mine are old PSN/eShop/Mass Effect 3 DLC

The current App is horseshit.  I'm not sure how anyone can tell you otherwise.

But....

If you like the (current) App, cool.   I personally like the "old" App.  Many existing features of the App are broken, be fair.

GS policy is cool, by me, shit-tastic; or fair.

A fruit I want is nair,

In Animal Crossing, I simply seek a pear.

/peace

Yes. I used this to buy a pre-owned Switch game for 30% off in-store
Edit: this was a few weeks ago when I picked up my pre-order for Mario 3d All stars along with a pre-owned Luigi’s Mansion in the same transaction.

I have the new app and can't see shit. Right now I have 4 Active Offers: my $5 coupon, and 3x "Receive a $30 Gift Coupon when you spend $300." No idea if I have to use the coupon when I spend $300, or those are $30 coupons I already earned from going ham last weekend.

The other “active” offers are just old digital things you bought. For example, mine are old PSN/eShop/Mass Effect 3 DLC
LOL what? It sounds like you accidentally clicked "Digital Locker"

I have the new app and can't see shit. Right now I have 4 Active Offers: my $5 coupon, and 3x "Receive a $30 Gift Coupon when you spend $300." No idea if I have to use the coupon when I spend $300, or those are $30 coupons I already earned from going ham last weekend.

LOL what? It sounds like you accidentally clicked "Digital Locker"
In the app for me they combined the digital locker with active offers because my $5 monthly certificate is in it.

Those are coupons you earned for each $300 you spent, so you don't have to spend that much again to use them.

Is it suppose to be only 90 days? i been ban for over a year already.
Depends on why you were banned and if someone higher up got involved.
I've been banned for a year as well. I kept calling CS and each time they said it's only 90 days. However, after each 90 day period it is never lifted. I gave up and trade under another account with a different name. I figure I can do this until Gamestop as we know it comes to an end in a few years.

Is it suppose to be only 90 days? i been ban for over a year already.
You got banned by loss prevention most likely. The 90-day ban is automatic, but a permanent ban definitely requires someone to go looking into your account. You probably had a junior detective employee report something and it went up the chain.

A perma trade ban happened to me recently and I was told "this whole thing started 2 years ago" so it was a long time coming. Corporate either directly or through the area DL told all the SLs around here that I was not allowed to trade any longer and there is some kind of note on my account's trade page. I didn't see it, but the employee who was taking my trade in acted pretty weird upon seeing it, disappeared into the back room to call their SL, and stayed there with me all alone in the store for like 5 minutes until the SL drove back to the store from lunch or where ever. We had a not-too-friendly chat.

Have any GameStop’s done a midnight open during pandemic? I know mine sold me AC early in March. I’m wondering if they will do a midnight for next gen

Have any GameStop’s done a midnight open during pandemic? I know mine sold me AC early in March. I’m wondering if they will do a midnight for next gen
If they can they will. I just don't think they will have many consoles if any to sell outside pre-orders so if that is the case they will probably just pass on the midnight launch since they won't be able to sell to walk-in customers who are likely to spend more money.

Talking to the stores around me the majority of next-gen pre-orders have just been consoles and no accessories or games pre-ordered alongside.

Same. I probably hold this particular record. You'll be fine.
Thanks guys, it seems like the certificate is redeemed now so I guess it has something to do with using them within a single day.

It sounds like they're cracking down on trading a bit though, thankfully end of the year is when I normally cash out points and stuff. At least I've still got plenty of trade credit left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back