2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are they going to do any trade bonuses for upgrading this gen? I've got an Xbox One S I definitely want to get rid of but if I can get extra in the next couple months to put it towards a PS5 I'll hold on to it

You made it way too obvious that you were gaming the system and drew attention to your accounts in the process. You basically committed account self destruct. Why did you try to do everything at once?
Because I have literally never had an issue with this store and for the most part he seemed okay prior to this interaction. Refusing to do returns was way more of a power trip on his part as I wasn't gaming the system by trying to return something I bought at that store. And doing the G2L is also not gaming the system (I've traded in 2 copies of Madden and NBA at the same time there without any issues). He just happens to be very anal when it comes to this stuff I guess. And unfortunately it ends up being the SL.

Are they going to do any trade bonuses for upgrading this gen? I've got an Xbox One S I definitely want to get rid of but if I can get extra in the next couple months to put it towards a PS5 I'll hold on to it
They had one going on but it wasn't anywhere near as good as they usually are (max was $200). They'll probably do it again once they've launched since you can't pre-order them at this point.

1 - Trade back 2 copies of FIFA for the G2L (1 PS4 and 1 X1),

2 - Return Star Wars Squadrons and Crash (because I re-bought them online to get Avengers at 50% off).
Like others said you tried to ask too much all at once. Since it seems like you had 2 receipts for the 2 G2L games, I would have split them up into 2 GS - you don't need to G2L or return to the exact store you bought it from. Just say the game sucked or you just sold your PS4/XB1 to buy a PS5 on ebay. ( and maybe the shadier SLs will have already bought 5 of this stores's allotment to flip heh )

Personally, I like splitting all my purchases / returns onto different receipts. So if you literally only have 1 GS within an hour of you should have just started with the returns. No mention of the G2L in the other GS opaque white bag. Get the returns out of the way, then whip out the first G2L and get your trade credit. I usually put some portion of G2L credit towards a new/existing pre-order or buy something. (Usually do a BOPIS to kickoff the entire visit) If the SL seems agreeable to the return² + G2L1, maybe try the 2nd. Otherwise return later that day or better yet drive to another GS. O:)

Because I have literally never had an issue with this store and for the most part he seemed okay prior to this interaction. Refusing to do returns was way more of a power trip on his part as I wasn't gaming the system by trying to return something I bought at that store. And doing the G2L is also not gaming the system (I've traded in 2 copies of Madden and NBA at the same time there without any issues). He just happens to be very anal when it comes to this stuff I guess. And unfortunately it ends up being the SL.
All that stuff is besides the point, and you're just making a bunch of excuses and blaming the employee.

Whether or not the employee has been cool in the past doesn't really matter. If you do the same thing at the same store over and over, eventually it's going to raise some eyebrows. Why do you think people buy games at one GS store and trade at another, or spread out their trades across multiple stores?

The employees at my local store never have any issue with G2L. Unlike returns, a G2L trade actually boosts their trade-in metric and helps their overall numbers, so I have no idea why employees would refuse a transaction like that. Corporate probably loves JDs because it's basically free loss prevention for them considering how little they get paid. 

I have to agree with others, I don't think doing a big set like that all at once is worth the risk. I'd do one G2L at one place and another someplace else if you can swing it. If you're actually returning new games wait and do that another day/location as well. New sealed returns are easy to do and not a big eyebrow raiser.

Traded in my Fifa today and I immediately unfortunately got the one girl at my local store that's always suspicious. She seemed to take a little longer than normal processing it but got my credit in the end. She also then used a sharpie to black out the G2L code on my receipt when she was done which was odd.

First he says I can only trade in the PS4 version of FIFA because he sees I bought the Ultimate edition of FIFA for X1 (I did but I also bought the standard at that store and picked it up yesterday with the PS4 version). He doesn't want to hear it and is set on him being right. He goes through my purchase history more and then asks why I want to return Crash and Squadrons, I tell him that I bought them online to get a discount on another game. He uses a second computer to do some more checking (at this point I am guessing he just looked me up by name to see my other accounts). Said he would do the refund but would no longer allow me to return stuff. He mentions something about how I am getting the game coins on multiple accounts. No idea what that has to do with the returns, as neither were going to get me game coins (I didn't pre-order Crash).
Oh man, this is giving me flashbacks to all of the dickhead managers I've dealt with in the last 5 years. Going to a different computer to look up your shit? Brutal. Not trying to criticize you since you said this used to be a cool store, but I don't even bother bringing the same game on different consoles since GS employees tend to make up their own rules. I love when they wrongfully accuse you of trying to game the system, like Game Coin is really worth all of the trouble.

I just play dumb and act surprised when things work out.

The employees at my local store never have any issue with G2L. Unlike returns, a G2L trade actually boosts their trade-in metric and helps their overall numbers, so I have no idea why employees would refuse a transaction like that. Corporate probably loves JDs because it's basically free loss prevention for them considering how little they get paid.
I don't know why G2L is such a hard thing for them to understand. I've had multiple employees try to do it as a return, or look at me like I'm scamming them by trading in a game so close to release. The instructions are on the receipt and the sign on the door says trade it if I don't love it. WTF is the problem?

All that stuff is besides the point, and you're just making a bunch of excuses and blaming the employee.

Whether or not the employee has been cool in the past doesn't really matter. If you do the same thing at the same store over and over, eventually it's going to raise some eyebrows. Why do you think people buy games at one GS store and trade at another, or spread out their trades across multiple stores?
Why is everyone acting like this guy was doing something he wasn't supposed to do? Returning sealed games within the return period, because the online store offered a better deal? Sounds legit to me. Utilizing a G2L program that the company promotes? Also seems fine. Why are we pretending that GS is in the right here for denying this customer a totally legitimate transaction?

Some of y'all have a really warped sense of what is acceptable, white-knighting for this company that wouldn't care if you walked out of their store and got hit by a car. Smh...

Has gamestop been doing the guaranteed to love on every title? ths.
No just select titles. See the weekly ad. Fifa 21 is eligible today still. Next round of G2L includes Watchdogs, Assassin’s Creed, Cyberpunk.
Edit: I could be mistaken about those upcoming G2L titles. Those titles are eligible for game coin. Sometimes G2L also overlaps.

This is where I get frustrated with GameStop - I have two trade in gift cards of about $15 each and try to give them my money for Mario Aces but the gift cards are reflecting as applied in the final check out page but do not reduce the total of the overall order.

The $5 PUR promo works but trade in credit doesn’t. Unreal.

Boo...  B2G2 instead of B6G50%OFF $29.99 and under. Much less flexible as far as mix & match but maybe it works in store? Hard to find 4 games you want of the same value in-stock in one store  :oldman:

No just select titles. See the weekly ad. Fifa 21 is eligible today still. Next round of G2L includes Watchdogs, Assassin’s Creed, Cyberpunk.
Would you mind sharing how you found out about this next round? I can never seem to find these in any official GS documentation. Sometimes if we're lucky, they will mention a game or two as eligible in one of their ad emails, but I have never seen a complete list.

Are the Series X style controllers available to buy right now? I don't see a disclaimer date on the ad, but the product page still shows 11/10.
Need a Xbox controller but want the Series X vs current version.

Why is everyone acting like this guy was doing something he wasn't supposed to do? Returning sealed games within the return period, because the online store offered a better deal? Sounds legit to me. Utilizing a G2L program that the company promotes? Also seems fine. Why are we pretending that GS is in the right here for denying this customer a totally legitimate transaction?

Some of y'all have a really warped sense of what is acceptable, white-knighting for this company that wouldn't care if you walked out of their store and got hit by a car. Smh...
It’s already been explained multiple times. The biggest problem is that he told the employee the reason for some of his returns was he just wanted 50% off the one game he is keeping. You think that’s what GameStop intended the promotion to be? Get 1 game 50% off if you let them ship then refund two more? If they knew that’s what he was doing they would be better off just giving him 50% the one game to start with and not bothering with the other two. I’m guilty of misusing this promo a little bit probably as well, but everything I’ve gotten I intended to keep if it came in good condition. Or sometimes I get duplicates for better chances of one good condition, but I personally don’t buy extra just to make promos work knowing I’ll return them. It’s a thin line, but if you are telling employees that the primary reason for your return was promo exploitation, expect to have difficulty.

Would you mind sharing how you found out about this next round? I can never seem to find these in any official GS documentation. Sometimes if we're lucky, they will mention a game or two as eligible in one of their ad emails, but I have never seen a complete list.
My mistake: game coin- not G2L.

Boo... B2G2 instead of B6G50%OFF $29.99 and under. Much less flexible as far as mix & match but maybe it works in store? Hard to find 4 games you want of the same value in-stock in one store :oldman:
Definitely not a good deal, especially since the B6G50%OFF worked in store too, sort of. If I saw some games that I liked, I would hold onto their cases, made sure I had a total of 6, and then placed the order online for store pickup.

Is there a $24.99 game that is a good flip @$12.49? I have 3 games I want and need one more for filler I can get rid of...

Just got an email that says Pro Day on the 15th. 10,000 point signup bonus so it's essentially free with the $5 welcome coupon.

I have 7 $5 preorders at 7 different stores from all the flipping a couple weeks ago. Can I just go to one store and transfer them all onto 1 preorder or do I need to go to each store and cancel them?

Is there a $24.99 game that is a good flip @$12.49? I have 3 games I want and need one more for filler I can get rid of...
I would say to simply pick up a decent Switch title and wait for the inevitable $5 booster for Switch as the holidays loom closer.

If you need something to flip back faster, perhaps :switch: LEGO Jurassic World (base cost $23) or :switch: Sports Party (base cost $25), both have a TiV base $11.00, $12.10 Pro, or $14.30 (with +20%, if any preorder bonus' are still active for games that didn't come out yet).

Just got an email that says Pro Day on the 15th. 10,000 point signup bonus so it's essentially free with the $5 welcome coupon.

I have 7 $5 preorders at 7 different stores from all the flipping a couple weeks ago. Can I just go to one store and transfer them all onto 1 preorder or do I need to go to each store and cancel them?
About a week ago I asked a store if I could transfer my preorder to that store from another store. Essentially, he offered to set up the preorder there and then I would need to cancel next time I was at the original store. The guy seemed to know what's up and I have done a few transactions with him before.

My guess is, you'll have to cancel at each location.

I never get these promo emails, the one spam I wouldn't mind getting heh. Any other preview deals?

As for the pre-orders, your only option is to cancel them and put the $5 on the same trade card. (get ready for 6x disappointed looks!) Maybe when MS Teams takes over we'll be able to combine them.. of course it will probably also track every visit and click you've made on the website with pop-up recommended purchase for the associate to regurgitate!

Definitely not a good deal, especially since the B6G50%OFF worked in store too, sort of. If I saw some games that I liked, I would hold onto their cases, made sure I had a total of 6, and then placed the order online for store pickup.
Yea, In my case I had a bunch of retro on my wish-list I was waiting to come back in stock during the 50% off, doesn't work well with this B2G2 :bomb:

Thanks for all the replies. I figured I would have to go to all the stores but I was hoping otherwise...

I never get these promo emails, the one spam I wouldn't mind getting heh. Any other preview deals?
Most of it is already in the weekly ad. I'm not sure if it's new or old but you can trade your PS4 Pro/XBX for $200 towards Oculus Quest 2

Rewards quest (probably old news):

Buy 5X Action figures, Get one free

Buy 10X Funko POPs, get 2 free

https://www.gamestop.com/collection/rewards-quest

[attachment=34740:eek:culus200.png]

Thanks for all the replies. I figured I would have to go to all the stores but I was hoping otherwise...

Most of it is already in the weekly ad. I'm not sure if it's new or old but you can trade your PS4 Pro/XBX for $200 towards Oculus Quest 2

attachicon.gif
oculus200.png
This might be a good way to get rid of ps4 pro or xbox one x for those of us didn;t get in the ps5/xbox one series x preorder. We can always return the quest 2 and get credit back.

Anyone else finding item condition to be worse than ever the last few weeks?  Did two buy 6 promos, all 12 items came in generic cases, which even for the generic cases were really beat up, discs mostly look terrible.  That’s a huge jump from my regular 50%+ being decent.  I was thinking this order would probably involve 4-5 returns, not 12.  Ughh.

attachicon.gif
oculus200.png
this promo is also good towards the animal crossing switch

You probably did get the email - it's just the normal marketing email promoting the weekly ad. I missed the Pro Day ad too initially because it's little more than a blurb towards the bottom of the page.

The Pro signup on that day is a no-brainer: you get 10k points for signing up or renewing, and $5 bonus on the receipt at signup, so it already pays for itself immediately. Has anyone tried getting this deal online during the last Pro Day? I don't mind missing the $5 signup bonus. I'd rather not have to go to the store that day.

Anyone else finding item condition to be worse than ever the last few weeks? Did two buy 6 promos, all 12 items came in generic cases, which even for the generic cases were really beat up, discs mostly look terrible. That’s a huge jump from my regular 50%+ being decent. I was thinking this order would probably involve 4-5 returns, not 12. Ughh.
Seems like current gen is getting more and more generic cases. My last order of ps4 games 1 with original case, 4 in a generic case. One 360 game had the original case, but there is no way the disc will work. Shows as -0.45 on the receipt not even going to try and return it.

There's a new promotional email advertising their first-ever "1up sale". It's an online-only sale on 10/13-10/14 with new deals every 4 hours. The link in the email takes you to the DOTD page, so I guess that's where it'll be.

Please, it's a matter of admitting when you're wrong.

I have more of a problem with the guy's attitude, as he needs to learn some humility (i.e. not acting like it's the employee's fault), and use common sense.

You probably did get the email - it's just the normal marketing email promoting the weekly ad. I missed the Pro Day ad too initially because it's little more than a blurb towards the bottom of the page.
Nope, checked my junk, trash, all-mail and nothing! ( this is a Gmail acct so not sure if that matters) Nothing except order received/shipped/arrived spam..

I definitely signed up/subscribed from the website, nada! :( maybe there is somewhere else to subscribe from?

There's a new promotional email advertising their first-ever "1up sale". It's an online-only sale on 10/13-10/14 with new deals every 4 hours. The link in the email takes you to the DOTD page, so I guess that's where it'll be.
I think everyone is aiming to compete with Prime Day.. luckily I'm working from home those days! :beer: F5

Anyone else finding item condition to be worse than ever the last few weeks? Did two buy 6 promos, all 12 items came in generic cases, which even for the generic cases were really beat up, discs mostly look terrible. That’s a huge jump from my regular 50%+ being decent. I was thinking this order would probably involve 4-5 returns, not 12. Ughh.
Our luck switched as I actually just got Ys 8 Mario kart 8 Sekiro Shadows Die Twice and smash in their original cases complete outside of the cards for Ys 8. And Sekiro was sealed instead of GameStop new. Whereas the orders prior only Ys 8 came in it's case but without cover art or anything else but the cart. Mario kart 8 and smash are an exchange since 2 I bought prior didn't work.

FEDEX tracking is not accurate at all, unless someone stole my packages.  Tracking says I had a delivery yesterday and today but nothing was ever delivered. 

....I have 7 $5 preorders at 7 different stores from all the flipping a couple weeks ago. Can I just go to one store and transfer them all onto 1 preorder or do I need to go to each store and cancel them?
Not sure how far apart your stores are but I was at a store and wanted to cancel a pre-order from another store and put it towards 1 game. The girl at the store called the other store and they cancelled my preorder and gave her a code for a gift card to put towards my order at her store. This will take a while since you have 7 but if they're far apart it might be worth it. Of course probably better to do it when the store is empty since it will take a while.

G2L is the worst promoted promo. If it wasn't for the posts here I would never know a game had it. Does gamestop even have a page for it? I tried Google but I'm only getting 1 year old posts about Days Gone being G2L.

Not sure how far apart your stores are but I was at a store and wanted to cancel a pre-order from another store and put it towards 1 game. The girl at the store called the other store and they cancelled my preorder and gave her a code for a gift card to put towards my order at her store. This will take a while since you have 7 but if they're far apart it might be worth it. Of course probably better to do it when the store is empty since it will take a while.

G2L is the worst promoted promo. If it wasn't for the posts here I would never know a game had it. Does gamestop even have a page for it? I tried Google but I'm only getting 1 year old posts about Days Gone being G2L.
That's one game. Do NOT do this for seven. Just go to the store. It's possible but ruinous for you and the community.

I found a copy of Job Simulator in stock at a local store last night and placed an order... it was after they closed and I know they won't open until noon, but what the chances someone comes in when they open and snags it before the employee pulls my order? 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back