2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
For preorders you get the points when you pick up the item not when you pay for it right? I'm currently sitting on 26k points so between that and coupons and preorders for a ps5, series x, cyberpunk, black ops, nba 2k, and spiderman I think I might be in good shape to get a free game next month. 

Just got my $10 off $60 coupon for downloading the Gamestop app. Not sure if it matters, but I deleted the app went through the email to redownload and turned on notifications. Came via messages looks like unique code and not listed under my active offers. Cant be used on gift cards, preorders, new hardware, and digital products. Has to be used in the app. Expires 10/31.

Anyone else not receive the $10 for spending $60 on Pro Day?  3 of the 4 items I purchased still have not shipped (2 in Preparing To Ship status and the other in Awaiting Product Availability).  Just wondering what people would recommend I do.  I also have the potential issue of getting 3 of 4 on a b2g2 offer... ugh

Just got my $10 off $60 coupon for downloading the Gamestop app. Not sure if it matters, but I deleted the app went through the email to redownload and turned on notifications. Came via messages looks like unique code and not listed under my active offers. Cant be used on gift cards, preorders, new hardware, and digital products. Has to be used in the app. Expires 10/31.
Got the code as well, but after I entered it in all I get is an error message when I try to go to my cart. Can't even remove the code or see what's in my cart anymore let alone checkout. So that's cool.

What email would that be? I'd like to use that coupon to renew my PRO account for $5 out of pocket.

I’m sure this has been asked before, but I can’t seem to find an exact answer-
Yes. You can put as little as $5 down and take the rest in a trade card. Or preorder in full, also taking the rest on a trade card.

Trading in your console towards a PS5/SX preorder should still give you a small bonus to trade in credit.

If not, trading in towards the Animal Crossing Switch has the same bonus. I'm assuming cancelling deposits on consoles would be the same as games.

Just called and got 10,000 points added for the Pro Day renewal, and 10,000 in place of the Fifa game coin I never received.  Regarding the $10/$75 spend from "Prime Day", that needed to be escalated apparently.... anyone else had better success with that one?

On the spend $300 get $30 Game Coin, would an online preorder count when the order was made or when it ships? Wondering how my Joker/Hero Amiibo preorder made in the spring but shipped beginning of October, and my orders today of the Cat Mario/Peach Amiibo shipping in February and the FE 30th Anniversary Edition preorder that ships beginning of December count toward this total. Wanting to have the $30 reward for new console week but worried I won't be getting it by then (Buying WD Legion UE, Man of Medan, and LoH: ToCS next Friday.)

Does anyone know if the 20% trade in bonus applies if you trade games towards the PS5 version of Spider-Man: Miles Morales, specifically the $70 Ultimate Edition? The ad only shows the PS4 version.

You can clearly type, so I'm sure you can find it without help.
Or it could be that there is only a $5 digital code online. Neither of which the OP was asking about.

For those that have actual reading comprehension skills, thinking I might spend my 60K points on watch dogs next week, get the $10 game coin and trade it back in for the full amount. Can convert cert to TIC and get the game coin as well. Where does it list watch dogs as G2L? In store today they said the didn’t know yet.

Also called in for the 10000 points for renewal last weekend. Posted to account immediately. 5 minute phone call.

Uhh guys everything on the GAmestop site is FREE rn. I've placed 10 orders, we'll see what actually ships LMAO
I started to buy a Dualshock for free but then I saw the Animal Crossing Switch and thought "maybe they'll ship it since I paid something." Ha. In for a cancelation soon

Of course my computer froze in the middle of this. Gone now. Theyll probably and offer some small gift card or something if you all are lucky.

rip, was checking out before they fixed it.

up to $240 off physical in stock products.

fc9ad65ec2.png

I wasn’t able to get an order in unfortunately. I was too busy making a new account because GameStop loves to ban people that take advantage of the system. Sometimes I wish I wasn’t so cautious.

I squeezed in 2 games but waiting on the cancelation notice. I should have gone for another switch lol. Someone is getting chewed out for this one. That or they're hoping for free marketing this will cause to boost their stock again.

Always take screenshots when you order. Especially on Gamestop's website.

Especially in this case if the order goes "missing" and Gamestop makes getting your money back harder than it needs to be.

So my Switch Lite order showed 49.99 plus tax when I checked out. I got my PayPal email at 1:18 AM that said the charge was for 106.99 (99.99 plus tax). Never had that happen before. Now I just got the confirmation email from GameStop at 2:05 AM but I'm not holding my breath.

I got greedy and kept adding things to the cart.  Cart disappeared before I could checkout.

The most expensive item I had in there was a 2DS.  It was never meant to be.

Eurg, if I'd checked the thread 6 minutes later I might have caught this. Reminds me of when Toys R Us had a buy 2 get 3 free glitch on Skylanders, where EVERYTHING was free if you bought two figures. People legit got Xboxes, PS4s, Lego Death Stars...

With that fiasco, in-store pickup worked well because they were picking the orders early in the morning and letting people walk out until the frantic email from Head Office went out... People who picked shipping got their orders cancelled for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back