2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I just order 46 preowned games (under the $19.99 or under banner). Got them all for $6.45 with premium shipping.

30 games and collectibles ordered, order detail and credit card statement with pending $8.50 transaction screenshotted... now to sit back and wait to see how this goes. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Edit: one hour later and 13 items are preparing to ship, the rest are awaiting product availability.
What was the subject of the email they sent with the codes? I've got nothing but ads from them this week.

Has anyone actually had their free stuff ship? I'm shocked they had back to back errors like this...

So there’s no way to see inventory on website or app? Looking to see if I can get the Dark Souls 3 $12.99 deal in store
It hasn't worked for a long time, since their Oct 13-14 sales I think.

Anyone know how long it takes for an online order of renewing power up pro to activate? Mine has shown processing for a couple days now and my pro expires in 3 days. Haven't been able to make it to a store lately or I would have gone that route

Looks like it won't let me add the coupon to my cart. Gives error "Coupon cannot be added to cart".

Maybe dead already?

Looks like it won't let me add the coupon to my cart. Gives error "Coupon cannot be added to cart".

Maybe dead already?
I was only able to place one order on my account even though I had multiple codes. I then placed one with guest checkout using a different email. Then tried another guest checkout order but couldn't place the order, regardless of email used. Now none of the codes that should still be valid are able to be added to my cart. It's pretty obvious this wasn't intended to take $10 every item in your cart. Guess they finally realized it and killed the rest of the codes.

Got my 5 cent keyboard today
[attachment=34792:0B1B42F9-6C38-4486-B9F5-33B701E11126.jpeg]
[attachment=34793:030F7563-29E8-4C18-A50B-C500CBC64B09.png]
[attachment=34794:889D7714-3CA9-41E6-9ED7-63493B85AC53.jpeg]

Anyone know how long it takes for an online order of renewing power up pro to activate? Mine has shown processing for a couple days now and my pro expires in 3 days. Haven't been able to make it to a store lately or I would have gone that route
I can't tell you exactly, but I renewed online last week during the bonus period and I noticed that my expiration date was extended by a year a couple days after the order was placed.

On a related note, I also had to call in to get the 10,000 points bonus for renewing. Took just a couple minutes and showed up on my account right away.

I was only able to place one order on my account even though I had multiple codes. I then placed one with guest checkout using a different email. Then tried another guest checkout order but couldn't place the order, regardless of email used. Now none of the codes that should still be valid are able to be added to my cart. It's pretty obvious this wasn't intended to take $10 every item in your cart. Guess they finally realized it and killed the rest of the codes.
After I tried new and used non-sale items, I looked at the timestamp on your original post and realized it has probably long since been dead.

Sucks for those who haven't used their codes yet, since neither of mine worked/work at all.

yes, its still saying awaiting. the rest of the orders was canceled.
Nice, I guess just one item snuck thru? Wish I had stayed up late for that madness! :cold:

Anyone combine it with pickup in-store sneak anything thru? Looks like most stores are rearraigning the layout this weekend so they might not look too closely! :whistle2:#

I have a switch in pretty crappy condition. Scuffs on the back side but very minimal light scuff on the screen that you can't notice at all while playing. How delicate is GameStop about trading these in?

Switch games I ordered from the 1up sale are still preparing for shipping... as long as they get here before trade values change, or I should just cancel since I just saw that the price they charged me included shipping, which means I never qualified for the giftcard.

Still have the $10 FIFA game coin im holding on till tomorrow to see what the ad brings for tiv

Not that I've been paying close enough attention, but there hasn't been any deals on trading a PS4 Pro yet right? $175 is junk, and I know I could sell for more locally but I honestly want something no-fuss. Think there will be a push next week to get these traded?

I can't tell you exactly, but I renewed online last week during the bonus period and I noticed that my expiration date was extended by a year a couple days after the order was placed.

On a related note, I also had to call in to get the 10,000 points bonus for renewing. Took just a couple minutes and showed up on my account right away.
Thanks! Hopefully it updates soon so I don't have to call

Nice, I guess just one item snuck thru? Wish I had stayed up late for that madness! :cold:

Anyone combine it with pickup in-store sneak anything thru? Looks like most stores are rearraigning the layout this weekend so they might not look too closely! :whistle2:#
Couldn't do store pick-up since it has been broken for like a week.

Gamestop Pre-order question here,

Had a pre-order that I used a giftcard on. Ended up canceling the preorder online. Anyone know if they end up emailing you a new giftcard or if it's via regular mail? Thanks!

I fail to see why (or how) Neverwinter Nights, Switch,  gets such a high trade.  Horrible frame rate.  Migraine inducing game.  Why does GS regard this game so well?  Bizarre!  6 bucks, 9 bucks next week.. whatever.  Crappy game ( / and/or crappy port .. (!).  It apparently is a good game on other platforms, I may add, lets leave it at that.

$30 coupons are nifty.  Nighty night.

Preowned sale prices not showing up in store the last two days.  Was hoping to pick up complete copies of wii u games locally instead of chancing online roulette.

The messaging on watch dogs legion game coin offer has been all over the place.  Some say get up to $10, some up to $20.  Just got an e-mail with both!  I get it’s a different value for pro or regular, but this is simply stating the max obtainable value.  An ad picture saying get up to $10 with another pic below it stating get up to $20.  The term “prepay in full” had me wondering how that would work for online pre-orders, asked in store and they said that will count for $20 game coin.  Not a game I’m interested in at all, but picking it up for someone currently out of country.  I haven’t received $30 worth of game coin I should have at this point, even after calling 3 times now.  Have never done gauranteed to love it antics or returns associated with any game coin offers.

So, I haven't dealt with gamecoins before, forgive my ignorance, does an in-store pre-order actually have to be prepaid in full to get the coin? It would make sense, but I just wanted to verify with people who have actually done it. Has anyone here not prepaid in full and still gotten the coin?

That's unfortunate. If it is G2L, can you get the trade credit back on two copies on different platforms (different stores or days)? Just trying to get over the $300 spent which G2L helps with.
Yes.

So, I haven't dealt with gamecoins before, forgive my ignorance, does an in-store pre-order actually have to be prepaid in full to get the coin? It would make sense, but I just wanted to verify with people who have actually done it. Has anyone here not prepaid in full and still gotten the coin?
Yes, it has to be paid off by the day before release.

It looks like they fixed the $10 1Up codes. They no longer take $10 off every item in your cart but can be added to your cart again (though you still can't use more than one, for whatever reason).

Anyone know if the $5 trade credit bonus towards Series X/PS5 titles is still active? I thought it was supposed to continue through launch but I don't see it listed on the site anymore.

Anyone know if the $5 trade credit bonus towards Series X/PS5 titles is still active? I thought it was supposed to continue through launch but I don't see it listed on the site anymore.
I think it’s 30% additional credit now which is better if your trade is over $17 each. Reminds me I need to dump my extra PS4 controllers. . .

Anyone know if the $5 trade credit bonus towards Series X/PS5 titles is still active?
Pretty sure that promo is over. A lot of us CAGs got in on that promo during Sept stealth bump. Would be nice if they brought it back, but unlikey during a b2g1 for pre-owned ps4/xb1 games.

Reminds me I need to dump my extra PS4 controllers. . .
Just a friendly reminder that your ps4 controllers are not useless for ps5 console. They should work just fine for ps4 games if you are interested in BC games, but probably not suited for ps5 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back