2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey fellow Southern Illinoisan you are in my area, there was one time that TRU saved an embarrassing Christmas for me. They were open late so I could buy my brother a Pokémon game that hadn’t come in the mail yet.

Agreeing that the paper system was great. A flip and you could see the back and it was never out of order. They have to dig out the game anyway.
I am from southern IL originally but live in STL currently. Would always go to TRU when I visited family to pick their clearance as it wasn't as picked through as it was in STL locations.

Does anybody know the details of the extra $5 trade-in credit that I was reading a few pages back? Or has it been replaced by the 30% extra trade-in credit?

Sorry, I tried to look but this thread is massive. I have a bunch of $5-10 trade in value games I'd like to put towards a PS5 preorder OR a PS5 game and I'm just trying to maximize the value. Thanks in advance for any advice.
The latter--30% extra is the best you'll get now.

My homestore SL said they may printout the current inventory each week and display it in a folder until they (hope) they get one of those (Microsoft Surface) kiosks like you see at the airport to check inventory and get Covid...... 

So just like Funcoland with the newspaper trade in values right?  :rofl:

Everyone knows typical gamers are the ones who love to socialize and chat with the employees to ask about stock instead of walking right out because they don't want to ask.
Not even Gamestop can be this dumb. I know they want to pivot their business model, but who do they think is actually keeping them afloat? The people who come in once a year to trade the old Madden and buy the new one, or the people who drive to 10 Gamestops in one weekend every time there's a sale, buying and trading hundreds of dollars worth of used games? I'm assuming they actually crunched the numbers here before making such a drastic change so I'd love to know their thought process. I think they're going to lose a lot of whales with this pivot.

GameStop has dropped pricing on some of the cheaper pre-owned PS4 games. I assume they did the same for Xbox games.

For example: Fallout 4, Killzone for $5. Old sports games for $0.99.

My homestore SL said they may printout the current inventory each week and display it in a folder until they (hope) they get one of those (Microsoft Surface) kiosks like you see at the airport to check inventory and get Covid......

So just like Funcoland with the newspaper trade in values right? :rofl:
Oh man... talk about a Nostalgia trip. I completely forgot about those.LOL

Does anyone else's Gamestop's have a register set up where it's like... facing opposite of how registers normally face? I've been to two different stores in the past month and both stores had 1 register facing the wall while the other register was facing the normal way. What's the deal with that?

So just like Funcoland with the newspaper trade in values right? :rofl:
The problem with that I’m told is the only way to do it is to go into the old database underneath the current POS, & most employees that aren’t the actual store manager are untrained on how the old inventory database works since there’s been so much turnover with GS.

Hopefully it means we will be guaranteed to get a case + art with both new and preowned games now. (assuming there are none on display to damage or get stolen. :oldman:

Might also portend requiring cases for full trade value? :cold:
Multiple managers in my district confirmed that as of yesterday they are no longer allowed to take trades without the original cases. Oddly this was not the case in the district 10 minutes away, so who knows what the actual corporate mandate is.

While I'm all for the no gutting and all trades requiring cases, their new floor policy is bad. All used non "top 50-150" games are to be kept in the drawers so with the locators being down the only way to tell what used games they have in stock would be for the employee to print out lists. Stores will also be putting used stickers below the new stickers on new releases on release day, regardless of whether they have the games used or not.

Customer: "Ill take the used Miles Morales"

Employee: "We only have it new"

Customer: "Why does it have a used sticker?"
Employee: "Shrug"

(repeat 10x a day, until the end of time)

Multiple managers in my district confirmed that as of yesterday they are no longer allowed to take trades without the original cases. Oddly this was not the case in the district 10 minutes away, so who knows what the actual corporate mandate is.

While I'm all for the no gutting and all trades requiring cases, their new floor policy is bad. All used non "top 50-150" games are to be kept in the drawers so with the locators being down the only way to tell what used games they have in stock would be for the employee to print out lists. Stores will also be putting used stickers below the new stickers on new releases on release day, regardless of whether they have the games used or not.

Customer: "Ill take the used Miles Morales"

Employee: "We only have it new"

Customer: "Why does it have a used sticker?"
Employee: "Shrug"

(repeat 10x a day, until the end of time)
But don't they push selling used titles over new? That's where the money do.

As for that no original case rule...There goes getting money for games I want to keep the steelbook for but the game ends up poop, but also maybe more steelbook opportunities.

I did finally get refunded my cancelled online order and 10k points from the renewal of pro. Prolly gonna use certs and RE3 Remake trade in for Cadence of Hyrule.

Interesting. That would kill all redbox flips, wouldn't it?

Also, I just went into my local GS where I have a PS5 preordered. The SL showed me a box full of PS5 controllers, so the accessories are already in-store. He told me that a 48-hour rule will apply, so a customer with a controller preorder would need to pick up within 48 hours of the October 30th release of PS5 accessories to guarantee stock. After 48 hours, web to store orders will be available, and employees can use whatever stock they have to fulfill the orders. A preorder won’t be canceled, but the preorder customer may have to wait on additional stock if not picked up within 48 hours.

GS dot com screws over the owner of Double Jump Games in southern Washington state delivering a package to his old address from 4 years ago and he has to drive there on his day off to try to get his package of $130 of N64 games from the sale last week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbLFxowZrT0

Gonna be an awkward convo when we try to trade in a game with a GameStop cover art huh?
I’ve started dumping my low value games. Gloom and doom loom if there are 800+ PS4 titles that have trade value but nowhere to be sold. I’ll lament missing out on a +5 event if it happens, but going in store to browse has already been less enjoyable this past week. In any case, I’ll just cut my losses and flip my way toward other ways to move credit instead of buy and hold junk titles.

I'm confused. I ordered a few games a few weeks ago and they all say "awaiting product availability" and haven't shipped out yet. I find this interesting because the titles are still available for purchase on the website, so what availability are they waiting for? If they're out of stock or backordered or whatever, why do they still show up in stock weeks later?
I suggest you call CS.

I'm confused. I ordered a few games a few weeks ago and they all say "awaiting product availability" and haven't shipped out yet. I find this interesting because the titles are still available for purchase on the website, so what availability are they waiting for? If they're out of stock or backordered or whatever, why do they still show up in stock weeks later?
Pages back others mentioned the same issues. Something about due to the inventory system for stores going down so even though they have copies in stock they can't get the orders to fulfill.

Like the other poster mentioned your best bet is to contact customer service.

Best Buy will have some decent prices on Black Friday... Maneater for $13, Star Wars Squadrons for $20... Hopefully we get a GameStop leak soon and they're similarly priced so I can use some of this credit.

[quote name="dbonez" post="14338943" timestamp="1603953146"]

Have you guys received your $10 coupon for spending $60 on Pro Day?
[/quote

I still haven't

Best Buy will have some decent prices on Black Friday... Maneater for $13, Star Wars Squadrons for $20... Hopefully we get a GameStop leak soon and they're similarly priced so I can use some of this credit.
the hot pursuit remaster will be $25 as well, changes my plan for that game. nier automata goty for $12.99 is tempting too

Do some of the app buttons not work for anyone else? In my phone, I cannot click on active offers- it says I have 5 active offers and I want to see what they are. On desktop, I only have 2. 

why is it charging me shipping for a digital renewal of pro?

edit

ok so app didn't have shipping, but crashes

why do I want pro?....

Do some of the app buttons not work for anyone else? In my phone, I cannot click on active offers- it says I have 5 active offers and I want to see what they are. On desktop, I only have 2.
The app is very glitchy. I've had to close and reopen because of what you explained.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back