2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do some of the app buttons not work for anyone else? In my phone, I cannot click on active offers- it says I have 5 active offers and I want to see what they are. On desktop, I only have 2.
The other 3 are probably old gift cards that you bought. I have an uber and 2 xbox gift cards that show up in the app that I bought like 2 years ago. When I go to the website I have none.

I'm confused. I ordered a few games a few weeks ago and they all say "awaiting product availability" and haven't shipped out yet. I find this interesting because the titles are still available for purchase on the website, so what availability are they waiting for? If they're out of stock or backordered or whatever, why do they still show up in stock weeks later?
I received an email with an order also in limbo like this today.

"We recently contacted you to inform you of an unforeseen technical issue causing your Order Number XXXXXXXXXXX to be shipping later than expected. As of now, we expect your order to process as soon as Friday October 30th. After processing, your order will be delivered to you according to the shipping option you selected.

Again, we are sincerely sorry for the disappointment we created with this order delay and apologize that we could not deliver on the commitment that we made. We appreciate your business and patience. If you require any additional assistance, please feel free to reply to this email and we will be more than happy to help.

Have a great day,

Your friends at GameStop.com"

I renewed my Power up pro over a week ago online and the order is still processing and my membership has lapsed and I'm a basic member now. Pretty annoying that it's taken this long to renew my membership online without going into the store. Definitely will just do it in store next time, just haven't had the time lately.

Watch Dogs G2L code is EBC 3064897 - for XB1 at least, dunno if PS4 would be different. Offer expires 10/30.
Wait. It's only good until tomorrow? They can never make up their mind as to whether they are going to do 24 or 48 hours for G2L lately.

The code is universal btw, never platform specific.

Watch Dogs G2L code is EBC 3064897 - for XB1 at least, dunno if PS4 would be different. Offer expires 10/30.
Email I got today says 10/31...I’m not picking up the game until tomorrow night so when I go to trade it on 10/31 I’ll fight for it if I have to (if the receipt says 10/30)

Offer expires 10/31/20. Offer valid only on Watch Dogs: Legion. Guaranteed trade credit value of $59.99 is maximum net value for game trade. Promotional trade credit does not include tax. Cannot be combined with credit bonus for paid PowerUp Rewards memberships or any other offer. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

Good luck. The last time the receipt said a day earlier than it should, the code didn't work after that day (even though it should have been valid until the end of day Sunday). Unless you have a good manager, they won't override the trade value.

Good luck. The last time the receipt said a day earlier than it should, the code didn't work after that day (even though it should have been valid until the end of day Sunday). Unless you have a good manager, they won't override the trade value.
Would they really argue with an email from GameStop that says 10/31? I would think that would be enough proof for them to make it go through (ie: make whatever manual adjustments they need)

Email I got today says 10/31...I’m not picking up the game until tomorrow night so when I go to trade it on 10/31 I’ll fight for it if I have to (if the receipt says 10/30)
I don’t think you’ll get a code printed on your receipt if you pick it up tomorrow unless your store employees don’t request it upon the trade in.

Would they really argue with an email from GameStop that says 10/31? I would think that would be enough proof for them to make it go through (ie: make whatever manual adjustments they need)
Like I said, if you have a good manager, you may not have a problem. Hell, the code may still work until Saturday. I'm just saying, be prepared to not be able to trade it in if the code doesn't work.

An email won't help you because the employee can just read you this and refuse it:

Trades subject to manager approval. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

To be safe, I would trade it back in by 10/30. They’re already a mess when it comes to processing G2L correctly anyway, why chance it?

So anyone trade in games in a reset store (new layout) and had issues with not having actual cover art? Trade Bump supposedly starts tomorrow and getting ready to see what's worth trading in!  :razz:

The last time I know this happened was for nba and the code definitely worked on Sunday. One store said it didnt work, but I had no problems at the next store.

"We recently contacted you to inform you of an unforeseen technical issue causing your Order Number XXXXXXXXXXX to be shipping later than expected. As of now, we expect your order to process as soon as Friday October 30th. After processing, your order will be delivered to you according to the shipping option you selected.

Again, we are sincerely sorry for the disappointment we created with this order delay and apologize that we could not deliver on the commitment that we made. We appreciate your business and patience. If you require any additional assistance, please feel free to reply to this email and we will be more than happy to help.

Have a great day,

Here's the email I received regarding my "awaiting product availability" status:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. The rest of the items are out of a stick, and at this moment, we do not have an estimated date of availability. The gift card ending with -xxxx has xx.xx. The gift card ending with -xxxx has $x.xx of working balance.
The order will be canceled by itself due to the item's unavailability.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Best Regards,
Jesus T
GameStop Guest Care

fuck these guys seriously. I want my games. I've placed a couple orders after the problem order, and didn't have an issue. All the games shoe available for shipping on the website.

Traded in some games tonight. They had spent the whole day converting the store to the new no boxes on the floor style. What a mess spent 10 min talking to the manager. He told be he was pleading for a better system to just downsize new but not pre owned.. Something. He says they have less space than ever now cause all his draws are full. Did not sound happy lol.

I only go into to gamestop to preuse the used section for gems unless I have a very specific goal but now it's a complete waste of time I'll probably never just stop in again.

Traded in some games tonight. They had spent the whole day converting the store to the new no boxes on the floor style. What a mess spent 10 min talking to the manager. He told be he was pleading for a better system to just downsize new but not pre owned.. Something. He says they have less space than ever now cause all his draws are full. Did not sound happy lol.

I only go into to gamestop to preuse the used section for gems unless I have a very specific goal but now it's a complete waste of time I'll probably never just stop in again.
I can definitely see people waiting 10 minutes in line only to be told that the game in their hand is actually out of stock.
This new change will make a lot of customers angry and not wanna go back

They should have a searchable real-time inventory per store that you can browse if you are on that store’s wireless network.
How are you guys ignoring my brilliant idea? Seems like a win win for workers and customers. Have the inventory available on the GameStop app when you are on the store WiFi.

Fingers crossed I can track down a “used” copy of Legion along with Pikmin this weekend. That 30% used with the purchase of new sound promising.

Fingers crossed I can track down a “used” copy of Legion along with Pikmin this weekend. That 30% used with the purchase of new sound promising.
Honestly, how do you expect to find a used copy one day after release unless you're following someone who bought the game purely to trade it back with g2l?

When you do a survey can the person know that it was you or does it just go to upper management? I went to get Watch Dogs, which I paid off in full already. The rep uses my $5 monthly coupon to add it to my already paid off order. Then she uses the $5 that was removed and used it to give me game protection and add the $2 to another pre-order. I didn't even notice because it was pouring and I just wanted to get out of there.
She did the same thing with Avengers using the $5 to add 500 Avengers credits. I really want to complain but since she is the manager and it's the only GameStop near me I don't want to cause a situation where she will always be on my case.

When you do a survey can the person know that it was you or does it just go to upper management? I went to get Watch Dogs, which I paid off in full already. The rep uses my $5 monthly coupon to add it to my already paid off order. Then she uses the $5 that was removed and used it to give me game protection and add the $2 to another pre-order. I didn't even notice because it was pouring and I just wanted to get out of there.
She did the same thing with Avengers using the $5 to add 500 Avengers credits. I really want to complain but since she is the manager and it's the only GameStop near me I don't want to cause a situation where she will always be on my case.
The manager can look it up but they usually don't. They can see the survey. The DMs handle bad surverys. You should get a call from the DM about that because that's not cool at all. I'd be pissed off.

Im sure you will. I traded in both ps4 and xbox one already.

I really want to complain but since she is the manager and it's the only GameStop near me I don't want to cause a situation where she will always be on my case.
Lose more money or bring it to their attention, your choice. Guaranteed It's not only you she's doing it to.

Trade bump is giving tricks instead of treats this year. I think GTA V, Advanced Warfare, and Spider-Man decreased in value.

Trade bump is giving tricks instead of treats this year. I think GTA V, Advanced Warfare, and Spider-Man decreased in value.
Yea, it seems a few typical switch titles are $30 base, didn't check too much else as no +5 = no wawawewa excite :bs:

Again, we are sincerely sorry for the disappointment we created with this order delay and apologize that we could not deliver on the commitment that we made. We appreciate your business and patience. If you require any additional assistance, please feel free to reply to this ema

Here's the email I received regarding my "awaiting product availability" status:

fuck these guys seriously. I want my games. I've placed a couple orders after the problem order, and didn't have an issue. All the games shoe available for shipping on the website.

Have a great day,

Guys I had the same issue and had to escalate it. It turns out the "waiting availability" limbo is because when the order was placed they set order fulfillment to the stores. So no stores are sending it out and it goes in limbo even though the website has it. You have to call them and explain the issue. They will see it's available online and escalate it. I did this and both of my limbo games shipped within 24 hours. Hope this helps everyone.

EDIT: Don't use chat. They're as useless as a third nipple. Call in.

Only trade changes I see are these 4 headsets were reduced to 1 penny base trade value:

• A10 The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wired Gaming Headset for Nintendo Switch
  • RIG 400HS Wired Headset for PlayStation 4
  • Arctis 5 PUBG Edition Wired Gaming Headset
  • P-Series Wired Gaming Headset

Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition is in stock pre-owned on gamestop. My hope is that switch games usually come with the case.  I know the physical copy is a little tough to find these days.

I grabbed Cadence of Hyrule in the same order and forgot about the new game gets 30% off used deal and that knocked $12 off. yay!

Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition is in stock pre-owned on gamestop. My hope is that switch games usually come with the case. I know the physical copy is a little tough to find these days.

I grabbed Cadence of Hyrule in the same order and forgot about the new game gets 30% off used deal and that knocked $12 off. yay!
Thanks, I was looking for a copy of Hyrule Warriors. Fingers crossed it arrives complete.

EDIT* Just got this when I went to the site.

EMPLOYEE CREDENTIALS VALIDATED Congratulations! Your employee credentials were successfully validated.

I guess I work for GS now. Would you guys like to pre-order anything or renew your PUR?

Guys I had the same issue and had to escalate it. It turns out the "waiting availability" limbo is because when the order was placed they set order fulfillment to the stores. So no stores are sending it out and it goes in limbo even though the website has it. You have to call them and explain the issue. They will see it's available online and escalate it. I did this and both of my limbo games shipped within 24 hours. Hope this helps everyone.

EDIT: Don't use chat. They're as useless as a third nipple. Call in.
Thanks for the tip. I did call in this morning and was told that my order was shipping today. Now to start the battle on getting my $10 from Pro Day. Was told it should arrive in my shipment email later today

I got a spend $300 get $30 off coupon in my active offers and I cannot tell if I need to spend $300 to get it or if I already spent $300. Anyone else get this or know what the timeframe for purchase is/was?

I got a spend $300 get $30 off coupon in my active offers and I cannot tell if I need to spend $300 to get it or if I already spent $300. Anyone else get this or know what the timeframe for purchase is/was?
If it’s in your offers you have earned the coupon. You don’t need to spend $300 to use it, but it’s good just for 1 item in store

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back